PDA

View Full Version : Next dlc ????? Tba ?

VXR
8th Oct 2009, 10:45
:confused:

when, where, what...... and who knows about it !!!

maybe even YOU !!! :scratch:

Keir
8th Oct 2009, 11:02
Hey. I've been told there are currently no plans for more B:AA DLC I'm afraid.

Drazar
8th Oct 2009, 11:05
And if there will be plans. It will be informed. =p

VXR
8th Oct 2009, 11:44
oh...... i see
well...... as they say in the world of stocks............ time to SELL SELL SELL !!!

Nemesis296
8th Oct 2009, 11:58

Well, at least the stuff we got was awesome, and FREE! :D

Sir Legendhead
8th Oct 2009, 11:59
Hey. I've been told there are currently no plans for more B:AA DLC I'm afraid.Can you tell us what their next project is?

Hall E Woode
8th Oct 2009, 15:27

Good. More energy to focus on the sequel. :D :D :D

Drazar
8th Oct 2009, 15:38
Can you tell us what their next project is?

Next year it's announced.

maff33
8th Oct 2009, 18:06
ill be there

JackieFiest
8th Oct 2009, 18:13
Releasing 2 different DLC's within a month or so of the games release is great. I've seen some companies promise DLC before release and not get it out 'til over a year later, and it's basically a map of bugs and glitches. Edios and Rocksteady performed very well in that regard and it's disappointing some people are so ungrateful.

Hall E Woode
8th Oct 2009, 18:22
The only thing I wish they could've done differently (and possibly patched with some DLC) is to have random thugs pop up all over Arkham (inside buildings and on the grounds) after completing the game.

Basically, just a more dynamic way of selecting challenge maps then having to go to a separate menu. But I would never stop playing the game, then, so maybe it's a good thing. :)

MayorJoker
8th Oct 2009, 20:01
It's sad to hear that no more dlc are coming, but I have to say eidos and rocksteady did a supurb job making this game, I've recommended it to everyone i know and I'm hoping to hear that it won 2009 game of the year

Prince Daka
8th Oct 2009, 20:23
come on eidos - halloween is coming up. lets get a move on with some scarecrow dlc

JackieFiest
8th Oct 2009, 20:28
It was already stated that there will be no more DLC.

Hall E Woode
8th Oct 2009, 20:30
It was already stated that there will be no more DLC.

Currently, anyway. At least we have "currently". Dreams never die! ;)

Matches Malone
8th Oct 2009, 21:21
The only thing I wish they could've done differently (and possibly patched with some DLC) is to have random thugs pop up all over Arkham (inside buildings and on the grounds) after completing the game.

Basically, just a more dynamic way of selecting challenge maps then having to go to a separate menu. But I would never stop playing the game, then, so maybe it's a good thing. :)

This is a great idea. Basically enter a challenge map when you run into the guys? That would be great.

Yonmaja
8th Oct 2009, 22:19
Dreamers never die.

Matches Malone
8th Oct 2009, 22:27
Dreamers never die.

Unless they are dreaming when they are crossing an intersection, in which case they get hit by an SUV

angleslam99
8th Oct 2009, 22:36
While I'd love more DLC, Rocksteady made it worth my money and then some. They really nailed what they set out to do and for that I am extremely grateful, Keir if you could pass the word around or not, I would like to thank Rocksteady for all their hard work and dedication to a unique Batman experience like no other.

Hall E Woode
8th Oct 2009, 22:40
Unless they are dreaming when they are crossing an intersection, in which case they get hit by an SUV

:lol:

Hall E Woode
8th Oct 2009, 22:42
This is a great idea. Basically enter a challenge map when you run into the guys? That would be great.

Maybe for the sequel, eh? I think it would be awesome (and have posted before about it) if we had some kind of an open world challenge map thing like that in Gotham City. Not related to the main story, just a more dynamic, random challenge map generator based on where you are roaming.

Matches Malone
8th Oct 2009, 22:46
Maybe for the sequel, eh? I think it would be awesome (and have posted before about it) if we had some kind of an open world challenge map thing like that in Gotham City. Not related to the main story, just a more dynamic, random challenge map generator based on where you are roaming.

Yeah but the problem with this idea is that I would play the game till my hands fell off.

Hall E Woode
8th Oct 2009, 22:59
Yeah but the problem with this idea is that I would play the game till my hands fell off.

Ditto. :lol:

Hence, the menus might be a good thing. They give me just enough time to go "Okay, I gotta go to bed."

Story mode is deadly for me. Started a new game last night around 10pm. Not smart. Played until capturing Harley Quinn at 1:50am (yes, I've played the game enough that I'm getting pretty quick, but still), then realized the time.

:)

Joke's on you
8th Oct 2009, 23:39
i think they came out with dlc pretty fast, and im happy with it, so i dont think they'll be coming out with more any time soon.

iamtombombadil
9th Oct 2009, 01:27
so I guess it is not true that we will get any more playable characters for the challenge maps. Pity. I really would have loved to play as "scarecrow" my favorite villain.

AngelsDontKill6
9th Oct 2009, 02:13
your kidding right?
no more DLC
WHAT
BUT
DLC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
that makes me a sad panda.

Tanis3303
9th Oct 2009, 14:25
your kidding right?
no more DLC
WHAT
BUT
DLC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
that makes me a sad panda.

HAA! Sad panda <--- funny stuff. I think I would rather see them make a sequel then spend all their time on dlc...though i enjoy the heck out of the 4 maps we all got for free :D ...actually learned one of my favorite predator moves from the one: the ladder gel takedown...love it

Abeja
9th Oct 2009, 18:10
Anyone else pissed off? Again how would making new suits NOT benefit you for a sequel? And do they really not have anymore challenge modes map? The great thing about the challenge modes is it keeps you in the sandbox, thats why a map editor would have been so easy to do.

Guess Ill be trading this in? Also, im a American 360 owner. Have we gotten the 2nd DLC yet?

Tanis3303
9th Oct 2009, 18:51
Anyone else pissed off? Again how would making new suits NOT benefit you for a sequel? And do they really not have anymore challenge modes map? The great thing about the challenge modes is it keeps you in the sandbox, thats why a map editor would have been so easy to do.

Guess Ill be trading this in? Also, im a American 360 owner. Have we gotten the 2nd DLC yet?

eh, i certainly wouldn't say im pissed...we got 4 free maps (and good ones imo) and anyone lucky/smart enough to get in on the pre-release and/or CE bundle got even more...personally, i've 100%'d the game (including the challenge rooms) on both Normal and Hard, and i still play every day for at least an hour or two...i saw hitting the top 10 of the leaderboards as a real possibility last night when i managed to score 43,290 on Intensive Treatment...i $*%#ed up in the 3rd round and lost my combo (almost got hit!! how embarrassing!) but im getting there...its the first game since the original God of War that i've acutally wanted to get really good at...new suits and maps would certainly be nice, and i've already expressed my hope that they will do something with ole Scarecrow for Halloween (still holding on to a faint glimmer of hope for that) but i have no complaints with this game at all. all things considered, i'd rather get a whole new game out faster than i would have more dlc...

Abeja
9th Oct 2009, 19:01
eh, i certainly wouldn't say im pissed...we got 4 free maps (and good ones imo) and anyone lucky/smart enough to get in on the pre-release and/or CE bundle got even more...personally, i've 100%'d the game (including the challenge rooms) on both Normal and Hard, and i still play every day for at least an hour or two...i saw hitting the top 10 of the leaderboards as a real possibility last night when i managed to score 43,290 on Intensive Treatment...i $*%#ed up in the 3rd round and lost my combo (almost got hit!! how embarrassing!) but im getting there...its the first game since the original God of War that i've acutally wanted to get really good at...new suits and maps would certainly be nice, and i've already expressed my hope that they will do something with ole Scarecrow for Halloween (still holding on to a faint glimmer of hope for that) but i have no complaints with this game at all. all things considered, i'd rather get a whole new game out faster than i would have more dlc...

Yeah pissed was a strong word. Ive done everything on it too. I love the combat, but the only thing I play now is the Insane map or Sewer Bat Extreme. My highest on Insane was 400K and ive barely played it since then.

I just dont see how releasing a DLC wouldnt streamlined into a sequel. The technology will be the same, and they have already used the engine to its max, although if they make a free-roam then that might change.

Especially in the suits department, I couldnt imagine Eidos/Rocksteady making a sequel and NOT having different suits or variations of it. They couldnt easily use designs as DLC and then in the sequel. There are so many variations they have plenty to work from. Even if its some over the top costume.

Tanis3303
9th Oct 2009, 19:23
Yeah pissed was a strong word. Ive done everything on it too. I love the combat, but the only thing I play now is the Insane map or Sewer Bat Extreme. My highest on Insane was 400K and ive barely played it since then.

I just dont see how releasing a DLC wouldnt streamlined into a sequel. The technology will be the same, and they have already used the engine to its max, although if they make a free-roam then that might change.

Especially in the suits department, I couldnt imagine Eidos/Rocksteady making a sequel and NOT having different suits or variations of it. They couldnt easily use designs as DLC and then in the sequel. There are so many variations they have plenty to work from. Even if its some over the top costume.

good point...who knows, maybe as they finish creating parts of the sequel we'll get some new dlc goodies (halloween...scarecrow! ;)p

on an unrelated note, 400,000 on Insane!!??!! wtf? i always get my ass kicked by those damn lunatics >_< good work sir!

also, Sewer Bat Extreme is also my favorite. Sooooooo many dudes to deat senseless ;)p

chazzie
9th Oct 2009, 21:21

That is a real shame - don't get me wrong, what's been given freely is awesome, but who said anything else should be free?

That I'm aware of there is at least three other DLC that was available - Dem Bones, Villians and the CE version Crime Alley.

When I bought the CE edition for the PC I was hoping that there would be more DLC for download later and it was a bit of a surprise to read that there won't be.
I don't speak for everybody but what is wrong with charging a small amout for each map on the marketplace to make them available for the rest of us?

Regardless - B:AA was one of the best games I've ever played and everyone involved should be congratulated on their hard work.

JackieFiest
9th Oct 2009, 23:53
I just dont see how releasing a DLC wouldnt streamlined into a sequel.

Because things cost money, that's how. If they are going to put all their time, resources and manpower on new challenge maps for FREE, for a game that is already released, they can't work on a new one.

Paying the employees to make the maps, the computers and electricity used...everything involved in the making of DLC costs money and they were giving them away for free. The old saying "it takes money to make money" is truer no where than it is in the making of video games. If they are going to make a sequel to this game, one thing they are going to have to do is start finding investors. It would seem that taking time and resources away from that to make more DLC for someone who has already received two, free of charge, would greatly hinder making a sequel.

The_Hylden
10th Oct 2009, 05:58
VXR: Sell what?? The game?? Are you mad?! You're going to kick yourself if you do that. Not now, maybe, but sometime later ... you will kick yourself...

reviltihco
10th Oct 2009, 08:26
This games is awesome, there are a few games you can say they worth every cent you paid for it ($60 USD in my case). I love this game.

Rocksteady rocks, giving us a DLC for free is not every video game company does because it costs money. If you want them to make more DLC then you have to start by saying "I'm willing to pay for new DLC...", I mean, they made an awesome game of a superhero where most video games of superhero sucks (cough cough spider-man cough cough) and they sell it at the same price other games sucks.

I don't care if they give us new DLC because I can't play the game everyday, some times I can't even play every weekend, I'm on 21% of the game... but if they announce new DLC I hope they charge us for it, they absolutely deserve it.

Sir Legendhead
10th Oct 2009, 08:29
Next year it's announced.Whatever it is, I'm probably buying it. Might even be a sequel to this, ya never know.

Hall E Woode
10th Oct 2009, 18:11
VXR: Sell what?? The game?? Are you mad?! You're going to kick yourself if you do that. Not now, maybe, but sometime later ... you will kick yourself...

Agreed. If you're bored with it, put it away for three or six months. It'll be like brand new. :)

For me, it's like brand new everytime I fire it up. :D

BloodLegacy
10th Oct 2009, 18:15
Yeah, I play this game everyday still for at least an hour, and i'm 100% done :eek:

I NEVER play games again when they're 100% done, But this is so damn fun! :D

Old_BenKenobi
10th Oct 2009, 18:38
It's a shame that there won't be anymore DLC. I was really hoping to stop Two-Face at the bank.

Oh well.

Drazar
10th Oct 2009, 18:41
I don't wanna give any false hope but remember. It's just a Current plan to not make DLCs. There could be more coming later. You can never know that, not trying to give false hope but never say never, right? :thumb:

BloodLegacy
10th Oct 2009, 18:43
I don't wanna give any false hope but remember. It's just a Current plan to not make DLCs. There could be more coming later. You can never know that, not trying to give false hope but never say never, right? :thumb:

I think, it'd be best if we all just forgot about it, then if there is some, then we can be extra happy! :rasp:

I hope there is some, however minor ;)

JackieFiest
10th Oct 2009, 19:06
Personally, I hope there isn't. It's not that I have lost any love for this game. Even today, I am still playing it and it is still the best game this year. But, like everyone else, I am hopeful for a sequel. There are only so many level designers and so much money to go around. I'm ready for, as Joker would say, the next round.

Kevin =]
11th Oct 2009, 09:41
im not really looking for a sequel... im thankful for the first already. If they can pull off the sequel being as good as/better than the first one i'll be damn surprised.

chazzie
11th Oct 2009, 14:46
I admit that I find it all a little ironic, nearly all pc games now that are released have (sometimes awful) DLC turning up quite quickly that you have to pay for and the game itself often cut down or just plain bad.
Now you have B:AA that has by all reports and on all formats has been quoted as 'amazing' (which it is!), and they say that there are no current plans for DLC.
The challenge rooms are a little masterpiece in their own right - so why not have more?

The Tingler
11th Oct 2009, 18:32
Can I ask though - is there any plans for the second (most recent) DLC pack to come to PC/GFWL? The first one was up on the day of (PC) release, but we seem to be kept waiting with the second.

lawsie
11th Oct 2009, 22:49
is there any plans for PC users to get some DLC that the PS3 and xbox users currently have? I mean at the moment we pc users only have the insane pack (2 maps) which is more than twice as less as the other platforms. (more than twice as less, see what i did there?)

SirRoscoe
12th Oct 2009, 01:13
So...no new DLC huh...

Guess my time on these boards are over..

SuperAdam79
12th Oct 2009, 07:09
No new DLC? Way to reward you're supporters. I guess no one takes care of their consumers like Bethesda.

BloodLegacy
12th Oct 2009, 15:10
No new DLC? Way to reward you're supporters. I guess no one takes care of their consumers like Bethesda.

Excuse me, but we've all had 2 FREE packs, released incredibly close to the release date.

You should be grateful that we got anything, some games don't go near DLC.

Drazar
12th Oct 2009, 15:17

The first DLC content for Fallout 3 came after 3-4 months the release date. So anything can happen between that time if Rocksteady wishes to make content DLC like Bethesda did for Fallout 3.

Abeja
12th Oct 2009, 19:55
Because things cost money, that's how. If they are going to put all their time, resources and manpower on new challenge maps for FREE, for a game that is already released, they can't work on a new one.

Paying the employees to make the maps, the computers and electricity used...everything involved in the making of DLC costs money and they were giving them away for free. The old saying "it takes money to make money" is truer no where than it is in the making of video games. If they are going to make a sequel to this game, one thing they are going to have to do is start finding investors. It would seem that taking time and resources away from that to make more DLC for someone who has already received two, free of charge, would greatly hinder making a sequel.

If they did it right then releasing the DLC would just be working towards s sequel. Kinda killing two birds with one stone as old sayings go.New Suits? Easily release as a DLC then put in the sequel.A prequel in Gotham, then the next game is gonna be a free-roam Gotham? The problem with a free-roam Gotham is I dont know if the Unreal engine is built for that. They will have to switch I think to be able to fit everything.

They shouldnt have to spend too much money, you are telling me they couldnt come up with any more level designs? I have no reason to play Invisible Predator unless I feel like ******* around. Release the map editor so people could make there own then it would infinite.

Also, I didnt get the 2nd DLC. Ive only gotten the first. Im sure there is gonna be some in future. Yeah this game had one free DLC for us but it should have been for how short the game is, and this game has had more EXCLUSIVE bull**** surrounding it more than any other game ive played. Rockssteady/Eidos made plenty of money.

Nemesis296
12th Oct 2009, 19:59
Release the map editor so people could make there own then it would infinite.

...only if you have the PC version :whistle:

BloodLegacy
12th Oct 2009, 20:00
If they did it right then releasing the DLC would just be working towards s sequel. Kinda killing two birds with one stone as old sayings go.New Suits? Easily release as a DLC then put in the sequel.A prequel in Gotham, then the next game is gonna be a free-roam Gotham? The problem with a free-roam Gotham is I dont know if the Unreal engine is built for that. They will have to switch I think to be able to fit everything.

They shouldnt have to spend too much money, you are telling me they couldnt come up with any more level designs? I have no reason to play Invisible Predator unless I feel like ******* around. Release the map editor so people could make there own then it would infinite.

Also, I didnt get the 2nd DLC. Ive only gotten the first. Im sure there is gonna be some in future. Yeah this game had one free DLC for us but it should have been for how short the game is, and this game has had more EXCLUSIVE bull**** surrounding it more than any other game ive played. Rockssteady/Eidos made plenty of money.

It doesn't work like that, friend.

Anyway, if they did what you were saying, after this DLC and the sequel came out, you'd be furious because everything in the sequel would be what you had for DLC for the first game.

A map Editor also isn't that simple, really

Abeja
12th Oct 2009, 20:16
It doesn't work like that, friend.

Anyway, if they did what you were saying, after this DLC and the sequel came out, you'd be furious because everything in the sequel would be what you had for DLC for the first game.

A map Editor also isn't that simple, really

How would releasing new suits then in the sequel have new suits not work? If people want a free-roaming Gotham game next, then doing a prequel wouldnt be out of the question. You are going to have to design a Gotham city anyways. I dont mean every DLC just put in the sequel, but some DLC could just be working towards a sequel anyways. There are plenty of things Batman they could do.

The only problem I could see with a sequel is using the Unreal engine. Im not sure but they would have to make everything again if they wanted to make a free-roam.

...only if you have the PC version :whistle:

The PC community has been changing his suits since day one. I was gonna get the PC version but I wasnt sure if my computer could run it. Sad we have to wait for third party modders to get new suits and other things.

Guess Ill be trading it in. Then Ill probably pick up the PC version down the road.

Nemesis296
12th Oct 2009, 20:23
The PC community has been changing his suits since day one. I was gonna get the PC version but I wasnt sure if my computer could run it. Sad we have to wait for third party modders to get new suits and other things.

Guess Ill be trading it in. Then Ill probably pick up the PC version down the road.

Well the PC community has only managed to crack the Demo which doesn't have any of the copy-protection stuff that the main game has. While you're right on one hand that moddability would extend the life of the game, the fact that people are just PO'd beyond belief in some PC cases is just ridiculous. All of the DLC, regardless of whether you got it all, or not, it was all FREE. You didn't pay any part of your game cost for the DLC, it's all extra. So if the developers decide to only give it to one console, and not the others, that's their choice, and you deal with it. To demand DLC is just silly...it's all extra content. But for some reason, if there isn't any extra content, then the game is just awful and becomes a trade-in. How exactly does this work?

I'm not happy about the DLC "ending" either, but I'm not about to trade in the best superhero game that has been made in the past 20 years...

tonyx1
12th Oct 2009, 20:32
Next year it's announced.

Well, if there's going to be somemore DLC's. Will we see more batsuits sometime soon or will we see them in the next Batman game in the future?

BloodLegacy
12th Oct 2009, 20:33
Nemesis has Hit the nail of the head really, It'd be nice if more DLC was released, But the fact we've had 4 maps already is more than enough, and if you think about it, if they didn't make ANY DLC, and didn't even mention it, then you wouldn't be complaining, and would probably think the game was great.

I just Platinum'ed this game today and I'm pretty sure I'm not done with it :D

Nemesis296
12th Oct 2009, 20:46
Nemesis has Hit the nail of the head really, It'd be nice if more DLC was released, But the fact we've had 4 maps already is more than enough, and if you think about it, if they didn't make ANY DLC, and didn't even mention it, then you wouldn't be complaining, and would probably think the game was great.

I just Platinum'ed this game today and I'm pretty sure I'm not done with it :D

Grats on your Platinum, I still need to finish the final Joker fight for mine (on Hard)...

What you said about no mention of DLC, that's not necessarily true. People have become so dependent on replayability and extending the life of their video games that DLC is like a "requirement" for games (much like how so many people felt that this game needed multiplayer :confused:) It's going to be like this forever now...thanks to games like the Halo franchise and Microsoft games which started having DLC cost money in 2002...

People pay for a game and assume that it comes with other stuff included...which is really not how it should work. And just saying...you're paying $60 for a game that takes two years to make...hard to weigh that equation with balance, and THEN demand more content for the game...:scratch:

Abeja
12th Oct 2009, 20:49
Well the PC community has only managed to crack the Demo which doesn't have any of the copy-protection stuff that the main game has. While you're right on one hand that moddability would extend the life of the game, the fact that people are just PO'd beyond belief in some PC cases is just ridiculous. All of the DLC, regardless of whether you got it all, or not, it was all FREE. You didn't pay any part of your game cost for the DLC, it's all extra. So if the developers decide to only give it to one console, and not the others, that's their choice, and you deal with it. To demand DLC is just silly...it's all extra content. But for some reason, if there isn't any extra content, then the game is just awful and becomes a trade-in. How exactly does this work?

I'm not happy about the DLC "ending" either, but I'm not about to trade in the best superhero game that has been made in the past 20 years...

Ive played this game to the bone. I either jump in the Insane night map and try to get to a million points or I dont play. I dont play Invisible Predator much cause you have to stick to those medals and speed runs. Im just trying to take out thugs like I want to.

Id like a few more maps cause it didnt really come with a whole lot, and I know they got maps that werent put into the game.They made maps then put an Extreme tag on it so they could use it again. They didnt even have another infinite timed map unless you have Dem Bones.I love the combat but the only maps that I play are Sewer Bat and the Insane Map Pack.

I didnt say the game was awful, but when it comes to replay value. I thought there would be alittle more that came with the game, rather than have to release it as DLC.

Also, I know the developers choice about giving it to one console and not the other. This game has more exclusive stuff or extra DLC bull**** surrounding it makes me sick.

You also forgot to mention Game of the Year Editions. Whats to stop them from releasing a bunch of DLC then releasing a GOTY edition of Batman AA?? Put Dem Bones and hell even the Joker maps for 360?

Tanis3303
12th Oct 2009, 22:18
[QUOTE=
I just Platinum'ed this game today and I'm pretty sure I'm not done with it :D[/QUOTE]

you're not. trust me ^_^

Websy
14th Oct 2009, 18:56
Ive never been able to get all the medals on intensive treatment extreme...IT'S TOO DAMN HARD
i just cannot get that three explosions at the same time bit i just can't!

Tanis3303
14th Oct 2009, 19:31
Ive never been able to get all the medals on intensive treatment extreme...IT'S TOO DAMN HARD

...you may be trapping the wrong walls. thats what i did forEVER before i finally got it right...if you do it quick enough, you can trap all 3 walls and get to saftey in well under a minute...sadly, you then have to wait a few seconds for the last guy to get into place...

there's a video on these fourms somewhere that shows a great run of this challenge, i believe it was Rareless09...the thread is something about "finally, 100x combo" or something to that effect, that might help you

BatLamb
16th Oct 2009, 21:45

no its not,just set up your gel where you think you can creatively lure 3 fools & bam...i didnt even detonate it myself & inverted takedown another fool @ the same time,wheres my medal for 4 at once??

Chatterbox
17th Oct 2009, 09:47
What's happening with the Scarecrow/Crime Alley maps? Weren't they supposed to be released to everyone at some point?

BettiePage
17th Oct 2009, 18:42
What's happening with the Scarecrow/Crime Alley maps? Weren't they supposed to be released to everyone at some point?

From the Official FAQ -> "The exclusive Challenge Maps from the GameStop / Play.co.uk preorder and the Collectors Edition will possibly be up for download 30 days after the release of the video game."

Key word is "possibly". No promise that it would be, it'll be nice if they would release the Scarecrow one before Halloween and the Crime Alley one before Christmas... Sides even if they do, it could be for a fee.

VXR
20th Oct 2009, 11:40

well, then they better come up with 2 more exclusive maps for the people who bought and paid for it early

BloodLegacy
20th Oct 2009, 15:20
well, then they better come up with 2 more exclusive maps for the people who bought and paid for it early

I agree with this really...even though I don't like too sound selfish.

BettiePage
20th Oct 2009, 19:28

Why should they? It's been on the FAQ for ages that the bonus stuff would possibly be up for DL.

You buy the CE or from GS and you get the bonus maps 1st for a time... at least 30 days. It's been over 30 days now...

Sides it is still not known if these maps will be free or if you need to pay a fee for em, if/when they are up for DL for the rest of the folks who didnt buy the CE or buy from GS.

zx16
21st Oct 2009, 05:37
I was willing to spend money to get Call of Duty Map packs what would stop me from getting DLC for Batman AA? (Besides the bank.)

zx16
21st Oct 2009, 05:43
Why should they? It's been on the FAQ for ages that the bonus stuff would possibly be up for DL.

You buy the CE or from GS and you get the bonus maps 1st for a time... at least 30 days. It's been over 30 days now...

Sides it is still not known if these maps will be free or if you need to pay a fee for em, if/when they are up for DL for the rest of the folks who didn't buy the CE or buy from GS.
There not really forced to I mean if people didn't pre-order it or get the collectors edition it's there fault not edios/Rocksteady.

J3R3MY420
25th Oct 2009, 03:03
We want more DLC. We paid huge $$$$$$ on this game and 2 release 1 map pack is so cheap. The game just came out a few months ago we derserve more maps and Joker or Scarecrow as a playable character. They cant just say NO MORE DLC when the game got excellent scores. Plus I can see them not releasing anymore DLC if the game was 1 yr old but it just came out. BS Eidos and Rocksteady give us more DLC we deserve it after ur "Joker exclusive 2 PS3 BS" Give us something. Gamers love this wer all do. we want 2 more map packs 3 maps in each pack. Hell we will even pay 4 the DLC just give us more.

JackieFiest
25th Oct 2009, 04:41
They cant just say NO MORE DLC when the game got excellent scores.

Orly? Well, I believe they did.

Sir Legendhead
25th Oct 2009, 06:34
You know what would be crazy? If they did the next Batman game like the new WWE one that lets you write and upload your own stories. God, that would be sick.

:D

BloodLegacy
25th Oct 2009, 08:46
We want more DLC. We paid huge $$$$$$ on this game and 2 release 1 map pack is so cheap. The game just came out a few months ago we derserve more maps and Joker or Scarecrow as a playable character. They cant just say NO MORE DLC when the game got excellent scores. Plus I can see them not releasing anymore DLC if the game was 1 yr old but it just came out. BS Eidos and Rocksteady give us more DLC we deserve it after ur "Joker exclusive 2 PS3 BS" Give us something. Gamers love this wer all do. we want 2 more map packs 3 maps in each pack. Hell we will even pay 4 the DLC just give us more.

They can say no more DLC, once again, DLC is a privilege, you should be grateful we even got one pack, they didn't need to do; plus I don't see £40 as huge $$$$$$, or even huge ££££££ for that matter :rasp:

Anyway, I really hope they don't release the two maps, I think it'd be unfair to retract a reward for either: paying extra money for the CE, or taking the time to pre-order it, even though you had no idea what the game would be like :o

aussie500
25th Oct 2009, 10:08
I am more than happy with the game and 2 free dlc maps, there is enough there to keep me occupied for ages yet. Its nice to hear there will be a second game, I would rather get a new game than more dlc. Although being an XBox 360 gamer I am a bit sad I missed out on some things, but still happy. :)

If I eventually manage to buy a PS3 I will just buy the PS3 game to see what I missed.

JackieFiest
25th Oct 2009, 10:56
I am more than happy with the game and 2 free dlc maps, there is enough there to keep me occupied for ages yet. Its nice to hear there will be a second game, I would rather get a new game than more dlc. Although being an XBox 360 gamer I am a bit sad I missed out on some things, but still happy. :)

If I eventually manage to buy a PS3 I will just buy the PS3 game to see what I missed.

Well, to be clear, we don't know for sure that there will be a second game.

We all want one, but Eidos won't be announcing their new project until sometime next year.

J3R3MY420
26th Oct 2009, 05:04
we should be grateful 4 what? The Joker PS3 exclusive BS not on 360, the UK only DLC yeah im real grateful so NO !!!! WE got 1 map pack not including the gamestop Dem Bones or Crime Alley. Thats hardly nothing. Why even put content download on the back of the game if ur not playiong on releasing hardly any DLC. ! map pack and NO more DLC is a slap in the face 2 everyone who bought the game and loved it 2 death. They should add more DLC and new achievemnt 2 prolong the game life. Cause once people get 1000 GS they will trade it in. So yeah we need more DLC. Im so ****infg pissed at Eidos and Rocksteady saying NO more DLC. We ******* deserve it. This isnt a game based on a movie where there is NO DLC. If we dont get more DLC then you are GREEDY. All u probally cared about was getting ur money. WE will pay 4 more DLC it really isnt the point. The point is YOU saying NO futher DLC thats the whole problem.

Maniac
26th Oct 2009, 07:18
I'm really appreciative of all they've released so far. If it wasn't for the hothouse map I never would've gotten the invisible predator trophy.

homeycdawg
26th Oct 2009, 08:21
Hopefully they decide to release some of this "exclusive" content for all-platform DLC once the game runs it's commercial life. Wouldn't take much effort since the stuff is already made. I got the PC version and the insane night pack is pretty cool, but eventually I'd like to try these "dem bones" and Joker challenges and stuff too. I don't mind "special editions" having extra content, but this "different content depending on the store you buy it from" trend doesn't sit well with me. It makes it impossible for me to see everything the game has to offer no matter what I do.

If they wanted a suggestion for a new DLC that would not take much effort (I can dream), then I'd suggest adding a few selectable boss fights for DLC. I'd like to be able to jump into a fight with Ivy without having to play for 4 hours to get there (since you can't just leave a savegame there). Plus, titan thugs are cool, but there's still something special about duking it out with Bane (I love his taunts).

If Rocksteady decides to milk this cash cow and make a sequel, some new, easily assembled DLC like this would be a good marketing decision when development starts, as it would certainly re-ignite interest in a way that a promotional website can't, not to mention it just being a really cool thing to do (good PR).

BloodLegacy
26th Oct 2009, 08:56
we should be grateful 4 what? The Joker PS3 exclusive BS not on 360, the UK only DLC yeah im real grateful so NO !!!! WE got 1 map pack not including the gamestop Dem Bones or Crime Alley. Thats hardly nothing. Why even put content download on the back of the game if ur not playiong on releasing hardly any DLC. ! map pack and NO more DLC is a slap in the face 2 everyone who bought the game and loved it 2 death. They should add more DLC and new achievemnt 2 prolong the game life. Cause once people get 1000 GS they will trade it in. So yeah we need more DLC. Im so ****infg pissed at Eidos and Rocksteady saying NO more DLC. We ******* deserve it. This isnt a game based on a movie where there is NO DLC. If we dont get more DLC then you are GREEDY. All u probally cared about was getting ur money. WE will pay 4 more DLC it really isnt the point. The point is YOU saying NO futher DLC thats the whole problem.

Listen, It's Microsofts fault for not taking the offers, not Eidos and RockSteadies. Anyway, how am I greedy if I say there doesn't need to be any more? That's the opposite of greedy :hmm:

You should calm down, It's only a few challenge maps that take about 1-3 minutes to complete each, you don't deserve anything extra, neither did we, there was a great example that Marcus said about the Joker DLC:

Meh.

Say I go to a bar with some female friends and we each pay the same fee - which covers entry plus two drinks. Later a big spender comes in an announces he wants to buy a round for all the ladies in the bar.

I'm not missing out on something I'm owed. I got what I paid for. Somebody else chose to spend their own money to reward a proportion of the clientele for having curves instead of facial hair.

Had the big spender not chosen to wave his cash around with wild abandon, nobody would have gotten any extra drinks, and for argument's sake he NEVER buys drinks for dudes. I can't argue to my friend Doreen "You got a free drink so I should get one too", because the person paying for the free drink has no interest in buying stuff for me. Arguing "I didn't get a free drink, so neither should you - the bar should not have allowed it" just seems petty - we're not living on a commune, nor in Soviet Russia.

I would have liked to get a free drink, but it wasn't offered to me. I'll get something else for free on some other occasion. It all works out in the end, and basing one's own happiness on what other people get is seldom a rewarding way to live. Plus I don't have to sit down when I go to the toilet.

And that is absolutely right. Think of all your Xbox 360 exclusives; besides, wouldn't you rather a whole new game made sooner rather than a few 2 minute challenge maps? Just remember, they didn't need to make any, which means you've been a complete hypocrite by calling everyone who says there doesn't need to be any more greedy...I feel sorry for Eidos having to read posts like yours :hmm:

BloodLegacy
26th Oct 2009, 08:57
Double post, sorry.

BatDood
26th Oct 2009, 12:03
I just think back to the days before DLC. You just bought the game, played it and either you liked it or you didn't and you moved on. You didn't have people complaining on their forums "where's my DLC, where's my DLC".

Now we're at a technological period in time where DLC is an OPTION for a company to produce and people complain if they feel they don't get enough. It's almost a case of "the more you get, the more you want". That's the definition of greed. The fact that you got ANY is something to be appreciated. Here's something that might come as a surprise - there are companies out there that don't release ANY DLC for their games even in this day and age when they can. Period. If you want to slam a company for that, you should probably go after them instead.

One of my favourite games has never seen DLC for the PS3 and we were told that it never will. The 360 got extras for it though. Am I upset about it? No. It's still one of my favourite games. For B:AA, I don't have Dem Bones and do I feel like I'm owed it? No. I still love the game for what it is.

If you really insist on pointing fingers over which content you got and which content you didn't, point it in the direction of the console makers. That's where all your deals are originating from in the first place.

And if the developers decide not to pay people to create more DLC and instead put that money into the development of something new, then get over it. That's their prerogative. To come on their boards and insult them because you didn't feel as though you got enough is just plain selfish. After all, they had the total right not to produce ANY.

Nemesis296
26th Oct 2009, 12:19
I just think back to the days before DLC. You just bought the game, played it and either you liked it or you didn't and you moved on. You didn't have people complaining on their forums "where's my DLC, where's my DLC".

Now we're at a technological period in time where DLC is an OPTION for a company to produce and people complain if they feel they don't get enough. It's almost a case of "the more you get, the more you want". That's the definition of greed. The fact that you got ANY is something to be appreciated. Here's something that might come as a surprise - there are companies out there that don't release ANY DLC for their games even in this day and age when they can. Period. If you want to slam a company for that, you should probably go after them instead.

One of my favourite games has never seen DLC for the PS3 and we were told that it never will. The 360 got extras for it though. Am I upset about it? No. It's still one of my favourite games. For B:AA, I don't have Dem Bones and do I feel like I'm owed it? No. I still love the game for what it is.

If you really insist on pointing fingers over which content you got and which content you didn't, point it in the direction of the console makers. That's where all your deals are originating from in the first place.

And if the developers decide not to pay people to create more DLC and instead put that money into the development of something new, then get over it. That's their prerogative. To come on their boards and insult them because you didn't feel as though you got enough is just plain selfish. After all, they had the total right not to produce ANY.

Let me guess...GTA IV? The problem is, that people expect DLC, and if there isn't either enough, or any DLC period, the game will get a poor rating of replayability, since there apparently are too many people out there now with absolutely no life, and have nothing better to do than play a game over and over until they are sick to death of it...that's the sickening part to me. Get a life people. It's extra content...not required content. Sheesh.

BatDood
26th Oct 2009, 21:09
One of the things that I find really amazing is that I've seen people come on the boards and rake Eidos and Rocksteady over the coals because some DLC was only released to UK 360 users. Don't get me wrong; I think it's a shame but who is really to blame for that? Give up? Microsoft. Why aren't these people on THEIR boards taking THEM to task over it? That's who your real culprits are. Whatever MS decide to do with the extra content at their disposal is totally up to them yet the complainers seem to think that MS has the cleanest hands in this whole situation. Please, give me a break.

I could care less about which consoles people use and I'm personally not into the whole console debate thing. I have a PS3 and some of my best friends are 360 users. Do I get into debates with them about it? Not a chance. It's a video game console, not a world war.

The bottom line is that I know people love the 360 but don't turn a blind eye to the company and the way they deal with their users. This UK DLC fiasco falls squarely in their hands. Coming here and complaining about it is the equivalent of trying to get a refund at McDonald's for a burger that you bought at Burger King.

Prince Daka
26th Oct 2009, 21:59
does anyone not see the paradox here. If DLC is overrated why complain about DLC exlusivity? When something is free it usually is fair but when only 1 side gets it the other feels it is unfair right? But really things aren't free, it is only free under the stipulation (that you buy the ps3 copy), so if you fail to oblige to their stipulation you are solely responsible for the lack of extras. Using the last persons Burger King analogy - if a child knows a Whopper burger combo meal will get them a free toy but by itself it will not then the kid has got to make a decision right for him... to blame Burger King would be pointless. what would have been unfair is if EIDOS/Rocksteady/whoever didn't tell anyone that the Joker maps were exclusive & made it so buyers couldn't find out until after the purchase. that would be unfair. The exception is how US xbox360 users were cheated out of the 2nd dlc pack - they were cheated because they were under the impression that they'd get it too. When you know the deal, it is fair. When you don't, it is unfair. But those who assumed "exclusive" didn't mean exclusive & that Joker DLC would eventually go to the X360 or that Scarecrow/Crime Alley would be released a few weeks later too were foolish. These companies want to make money, but they aren't going to flat out lie like that. Sure, they may lie a little, but big consumer lies aren't profitable, & when they say Exclusive you ought to believe it.

BatDood
26th Oct 2009, 22:39
The exception is how US xbox360 users were cheated out of the 2nd dlc pack - they were cheated because they were under the impression that they'd get it too. When you know the deal, it is fair. When you don't, it is unfair.

And once again, who's fault did this one lie with? Yep, Microsoft.
I know of one poster on this thread who can't seem to grasp that concept. (I'm not implying you, Prince Daka)

PunisherLH
30th Oct 2009, 13:49
We should get atleast a Halloween Pack to go with the game. It would be a brilliant addition.

But i'm happy with the DLC we got in the first place, I'm a bit niffed about PS3 exclusives, But that alright. Us Xbox owners got DLC too.

Lets hope for another Batman title and for it to be just as good as AA.

bartekb8
1st Nov 2009, 17:35
Like it was said before, there was no need for the "downloadable content" option in the main menu if it is so overrated(******* ONE DLC for PC). And there was no need to lie to everyone(us) that this game will be DLC-supported... That's not a support, that's a joke. And not even Joker's joke>:(

SammiiDoogles
1st Nov 2009, 17:40
Like it was said before, there was no need for the "downloadable content" option in the main menu if it is so overrated(******* ONE DLC for PC). And there was no need to lie to everyone(us) that this game will be DLC-supported... That's not a support, that's a joke. And not even Joker's joke>:(

Watch your language.
And DLC isn't easy to make, It takes a lot of hard work.
By discontinuing DLC, they have more time to work on whatever project is upcoming for them.

Just Jokin
2nd Nov 2009, 12:20

Not really sure that they're greedy considering the fact that they haven't charged for any of the DLC packs.

I agree that the content should be for all platforms, but atleast be grateful that you got some DLC that you didn't even need to pay for.

bartekb8
3rd Nov 2009, 16:39
So we are. It's better to have something than nothing, I guess.....

JackieFiest
4th Nov 2009, 05:33
So we are. It's better to have something than nothing, I guess.....

Indeed. A lot of people seem to want to bring up how much they paid (for a lot of them it's likely how much their parents paid) and that somehow makes them entitled to DLC. But for the money you laid down, you received a game that is so well made it made it into the Guiness Book of World Records. Then for those who got free DLC on top of that, that should be even better. Edios pulled this off better than a lot of companies. I'm hopeful that their next project is a sequel to B:AA and if not, to at least find out they do plan to make one. They've done so well to this point, I'm ready to see what else they have to show.