PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7 x64 - Won't even install?!!!

snake_nz
8th Oct 2009, 02:30
Hi,

I purchased a copy of Batman:AA for PC 2 days ago after renting a PS3 copy. However, when i go to install the game on Windows 7 x64 RTM, i can get as far as the License agreement, then the installer crashes out, and i have no idea why, cos i was able to install the game on the same machine under Windows XP x64.

This is a pain, because all my other games are on Win7 now, and it is kinda pointless to have to boot a different OS just to run one game, plus GFWL does not work under XP because my wireless card does not work with XP 64-bit.

My system Specs:
AMD Athlon 7750 Dualcore CPU running at 2.7Ghz (stock)
4GB RAM DDR2-800 (i think)
1TB HDD
nVidia GeForce 9800GT 512MB
Windows 7 x64 RTM/Windows XP x64/Ubuntu Linux 9.04 (Triple-boot - Win7 default)

Any assistance here would be appreciated.

BTW: The game runs fine under XP 64bit, i just want it to install on Win7 so i can keep all my games on one OS.

FlakMagnet
8th Oct 2009, 16:15
I have no fix, but just to let you know it's not a Windows 7 issue. I am also running Windows 7 x64 RTM and have had no issues with the game (installing or playing).

Hope you get it fixed.

Inzane
8th Oct 2009, 22:59
I have no fix, but just to let you know it's not a Windows 7 issue. I am also running Windows 7 x64 RTM and have had no issues with the game (installing or playing).

Hope you get it fixed.

It depends on what build of win 7. the latest build is stable, older builds not so much. there was a topic on this a few pages back.

darkwoof
9th Oct 2009, 06:01
It depends on what build of win 7. the latest build is stable, older builds not so much. there was a topic on this a few pages back.

The RTM release is be the latest build for now: it means Released to Manufacturing.

[Y]urimaster
9th Oct 2009, 18:31
It install without a hiccup and plays smooth on my RTM which I got from technet plus. RTM is the same version as the retail. RTM means MS release to OEM's so they can install it and get it ready on their new computers before the official release date.