PDA

View Full Version : To patch or not to patch?

theberzerkone
7th Oct 2009, 22:03
Hello,
I just have a quick question, my game runs fine i have no problems or issues, except when the game starts and it tries to update itself and GFWL fails to connect etc, and then you can still play, but i know that in this mode your achievements don't count officially cause your not online so in order to be online i have to get stupid GFWL to dload and i believe i've fixed the problem. Okay so if your still with me my question is: Should i go through with the update? or should i leave well enough alone and stay 'offline' as it were? As i said the game runs beautifully on my system so im reluctant to mess with it as I've read here that people are having all kinds of issues with the update messing up or causing issues...so to patch or not to patch? that is the question! thank you for reading/comments

iamtombombadil
7th Oct 2009, 22:10
I say no patch just because your first post this forum has to be a technical question/comment.

theberzerkone
7th Oct 2009, 22:37
my apologies...although my question IS of a Technical nature at least remotely...but if your a stickler for the rules then i apologize for offending you with a non technical question/comment first post....

cyborg34572
7th Oct 2009, 23:12
the patch just adds phyx effects.nothing else.
so if u are not gonna play with physx on, then there is no need to patch the game.

theberzerkone
8th Oct 2009, 00:12
thank you very much that is all i wanted to know

Smashman
8th Oct 2009, 15:54
If you don't patch, you can't save.
I'd apply it.

arezina
8th Oct 2009, 17:58
If you don't patch, you can't save.
I'd apply it.

Not True

I did not patch the game and I can save with no problem. Futhermore I have expecience no crash at all during the course of all the story mode.

Since all PC records on the Challenges Rooms are poluted with cheaters I see no reason to update this game.