PDA

View Full Version : Tech Problem

shasokias
6th Oct 2009, 22:08
When I go to launch the game I get a black screen and a error that tells me "Unable to Create Device. try changing resolution or color depth."
I am using a Nvidia 9800gt video card
2.00GB of RAM
I have tried a bunch of different things and my drivers should be up to date not sure why its not working....

shasokias
7th Oct 2009, 00:50
Spent about 3 hours trying to get the game to work called Eidos' phone support, which incidentally may as well not exist, I have never had a gaming company tell me (during business hours too) to leave a message and they would call me back later. Even very small companies bother to set up a decent tech support and you can generally speak to someone who can speak English without a accent that makes them almost impossible to understand. Tried just about every troubleshooting method and a ton of other stuff, tried looking up how to fix the problem online, and used Eidos' tech support pages and nothing seems to work. And as it turns out it takes all of five seconds to solve the problem, all you have to do is simply return the game. Eidos is a terrible company and I won't be purchasing any more products from them.

BinAly
7th Oct 2009, 02:55
I couldn't make my copy work yet. Didn't find any help, anywhere.

It could be good of someone could point a direction.

Acid_Burn
7th Oct 2009, 07:10
What kind of monitor do you have?

dark_angel_7
7th Oct 2009, 16:03
@shasokias - You know it would help if you waited for a response instead of posting a support thread and then 2 hours later claiming you've given up and all is lost so you've returned the game.

There are plenty of ways to contact Eidos and IO Interactive:

Eidos Support Manager - http://forums.eidosgames.com/member.php?u=120338
Global Eidos Support - http://www.eidosinteractive.co.uk/support/worldmap.html
IO Interactive Support - ioi@ioi.dk

You can also speak to Nick, Mini Ninjas' Community Manager who might be able to help. If they asked you to leave a message I'm sure that's nothing too much to ask for. ;)

Though, due to your own impatience, I guess it's too late for that. :rolleyes:.

shasokias
9th Oct 2009, 22:26
First, I would like to say sorry for the comment. I was in a bad mood when I wrote it out and it was a stupid thing to say. Also I figured out what the problem was. So for anyone who has the same problem I was able to fix it by going to "start" selecting "run" putting in "dxdiag" the "OK" go to "display" tab and if direct3D is disabled click "enable." Again sorry for the stupid comment. hope it works for those who where having the same problem.

shasokias
9th Oct 2009, 22:54
Hmmm.....fixed the first problem now getting a problem with sound......the sound for everything runs ok until I get to a cut scene then it will get stuck and start looping the same sounds over and over again......seeing if a driver update will fix this I am using a Realtek sound card

shasokias
10th Oct 2009, 03:23
ok installed drivers for my sound card and it still won't work......Whenever I go into a cut scene the sound plays for about 3-5 seconds and then starts looping over and over again while the cut scene continues to play. I had the same problem with another game (Empire Total War) however seeing as the game was not linear and more of a sandbox type game I never had a need to resolve the issue. Maybe my sound card is just out of date? It says its compatible with directX 9.0c so it should work. If anyone has a solution to this problem it would be much appreciated.

loop007
10th Oct 2009, 12:44
ok installed drivers for my sound card and it still won't work......Whenever I go into a cut scene the sound plays for about 3-5 seconds and then starts looping over and over again while the cut scene continues to play. I had the same problem with another game (Empire Total War) however seeing as the game was not linear and more of a sandbox type game I never had a need to resolve the issue. Maybe my sound card is just out of date? It says its compatible with directX 9.0c so it should work. If anyone has a solution to this problem it would be much appreciated.

I had the same issue with the sound and to my amazement i found the solution in the " READ ME " file provided by the game .

Here it is :
"If you experience any issues in game this could be linked to your sound card, try reducing the hardware acceleration option within the DXDIAG tool – To Run DXDIAG see the `Technical support section` below, once loaded select the SOUND tab and move the slider option (Hardware Sound Acceleration) to the left."

It worked like a charm !!

P.S : just in case you dont know were that slider is , here is a pic to help you out .
http://i37.tinypic.com/9zr487.jpg

dark_angel_7
10th Oct 2009, 16:30
shasokias try loop007's solution, also is your Realtek sound card the HD integrated one? as I have one of those and they are meant to be fiddly (but I've never had problems with them before).

shasokias
10th Oct 2009, 17:59
That was one of the first things I tried. (saw it on another thread) It doesn't work for me. When I bring the acceleration down to the left I get no sound except during cut scenes and it still loops. not sure about it being HD integrated I got it like 3 years ago and never had any problems with it except for this game and empire total war

dark_angel_7
11th Oct 2009, 12:31
Possibly reading this thread might help you further:

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=97318

Also what was the fix you used for Empire: Total War and whats the exact make/model of your Audio card?

D-raven
31st Jul 2010, 18:10
I have the exact same problem as shasokias and the hardware acceleration tip doesnt work for me either.
And eidos support isn't really helping me help either

I check out the link dark_angel_7 posted aswell, didnt help me out either.
I have not idea what to do to get it to work :`-(

snonoz
10th Sep 2010, 04:00
I searched the web for ages before I found the only thing that got this running for me - an Intro Fix that's on the Game Copy World site. It's simply 2 small files that need to be pasted into Mini Ninjas\Scenes folder (don't unzip them just overwrite existing)

http://m0001.gamecopyworld.com/games/pc_mini_ninjas.shtml#Mini Ninjas NO INTRO FIX

My problem was the game wouldn't start AT ALL (bought DVD new for PC, fully installed, updated video drivers/directX, openAL fix done, disabled most HIDs, checked sys reqs ok, run as Admin with compatibilty for WinXP) and still absolutely nothing - just ninja.exe running as a 'process' (not application) which would NOT End Task and hang the PC.

Found this mentioned on http://www.rlslog.net/mini-ninjas-reloaded/ - only place I've seen it mentioned at all - I was going spare trying to get this running!

Hope this helps someone!!

ogboot
21st Sep 2010, 23:16
I got this error when trying to open the game on my 1080i home theater solution. My fix was to change the desktop color depth to 16bit. Then the game would execute. Once it loaded once I closed it, changed my color depth back to 32bit and reloaded the game and it works fine.

Windows 7 x64 Professional.