PDA

View Full Version : Mycoldman read!!!!!

00rouchy00
5th Oct 2009, 16:38
mycoldman u really need to stop letting us down u are constantley telling us things about the website that are not true! WE WANT AN UPDATE this was on a thread that u posted on

'We've some updates coming at the end of the week. And we'll start profiling weapons and vehicles soon enough, promise. '

the post date for that was: 09-28-2009, 10:56 PM
another i found

'That's true... but as I stated elsewhere on the forum, the Tokyo Game Show held us up a bit. You can definitely expect some goodies this week. You have my word on that.'

post date: 09-29-2009, 09:49 AM

you also told us we would get a mini doc ages ago!! NO MINI DOC

i like how u reply to alot of our questions and querys but i am SICK OF SEEING THE SAME PICS every time i come on the website!!!!!

DO SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11:mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2:

mycoldman
5th Oct 2009, 16:46
I know... it's not been an easy ride.

I'ts frustrating for me too as some times things change from the powers above (there is a PR plan for all of this) and there's nothing I can do.

We do however have a minidoc and podcast coming this week. Hang in there for me. In the meantime, I'm answering as many questions as I can on the forum, but obviously have other things to do too for you guys... which you will see a little later down the line.

There's a lot still an awful lot coming for JC2 and we've plenty of time to do it before release.

chickenchief
5th Oct 2009, 17:32
I think people should calm down a little bit and give coldman a rest. Sure some stuff has been delayed, but it is still coming so there is no reason to start getting angry at him.

Getting kind of tired seeing people whining about this stuff everyday (no offense)

polimerjones
5th Oct 2009, 18:23
I think people should calm down a little bit and give coldman a rest. Sure some stuff has been delayed, but it is still coming so there is no reason to start getting angry at him.

Getting kind of tired seeing people whining about this stuff everyday (no offense)

i totally agree. i tried to say that in a different thread, though a little nicer, but this is ridiculous. i dont know why you guys think mycoldman is able to show us stuff and just isnt. as soon as he can he will. be patient.:eek:not cool dude, not cool:eek:

CentroX
5th Oct 2009, 18:38
yeah dont be so hard on mycoldman. He seems like a great person. Things get delayed in this business, be happy that avalanche isnt nintendo. Nintendo only show stuff at E3.

The_Bright_Knight
5th Oct 2009, 18:45
A little bit of info keeps me going for months :)

JUST CAUSE 2 FTW!!!!

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
5th Oct 2009, 20:39
Man, what a mean thread, wow. Didn't you overdo it a little?

Redskins
5th Oct 2009, 21:19
Mycoldman is the bomb, he takes the time to read all our posts, and answers like all the questions we ask him. Not alot of other game designers/devolpers take the time to do that.

Example, I sent him a PM asking these questions, and he got back to me like right away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins
You said you'd answer some questions, so heres mine

1st: Will there be a "toggle HUD" button on PC (Or 360). For example, in the vertical gameplay doc, when he jumps off the building he was standing on, theres no minimap or anything,same in the E3 trailer, no HUD or crosshair, but in the E3 walkthrough, theres a minimap/HUD throughout the entire thing, and same with the desert video, they have in common that those two are gameplay, so the question is that are those videos edited, or you guys going to include a toggleable HUD so we can appreaciate the beauty of Panao?

2nd: As far as I know, all we've seen is 360 footage, you can't tell in the vertical gameplay doc, as theres no HUD, but in the E3 walkthrough you can tell by the controls in the top right corner, same with the desert vid. So my question is, is there a reason why you've not shown PC footage? As in it will be released after the console version, or it has worse graphics then the 360 version like Just Cause 1?

Thanks in advance

Yes there is a remove HUD option. It's actually a slider to determine how opaque the HUD is, but naturally if you slide it all the way down to zero, the HUD will completely disappear.

As for the 360 version being the one we use most for shows. It's just our lead platform for development so ordinarily bugs get tweaked out of that version first, so it's the easiest platform for us to demo. The PS3 and PC versions look just as good. Very few people demo on PC, just becasue of the hardware difficulties of setting up and transporting around. Trust me, the PC version is stunning.

Orange Freeze
5th Oct 2009, 21:20
Most game developers don't interact with the community at all, let alone every day. So yeah, Mycoldman/Avalanche is doing an incredible job listening to the community. We're getting info about the game at a very rapid pace.

If you have any experience with waiting for games, you'll know that delays very common.

chickenchief
5th Oct 2009, 21:25
Mycoldman is the bomb, he takes the time to read all our posts, and answers like all the questions we ask him. Not alot of other game designers/devolpers take the time to do that.

Example, I sent him a PM asking these questions, and he got back to me like right away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins
You said you'd answer some questions, so heres mine

1st: Will there be a "toggle HUD" button on PC (Or 360). For example, in the vertical gameplay doc, when he jumps off the building he was standing on, theres no minimap or anything,same in the E3 trailer, no HUD or crosshair, but in the E3 walkthrough, theres a minimap/HUD throughout the entire thing, and same with the desert video, they have in common that those two are gameplay, so the question is that are those videos edited, or you guys going to include a toggleable HUD so we can appreaciate the beauty of Panao?

2nd: As far as I know, all we've seen is 360 footage, you can't tell in the vertical gameplay doc, as theres no HUD, but in the E3 walkthrough you can tell by the controls in the top right corner, same with the desert vid. So my question is, is there a reason why you've not shown PC footage? As in it will be released after the console version, or it has worse graphics then the 360 version like Just Cause 1?

Thanks in advance

Yes there is a remove HUD option. It's actually a slider to determine how opaque the HUD is, but naturally if you slide it all the way down to zero, the HUD will completely disappear.

As for the 360 version being the one we use most for shows. It's just our lead platform for development so ordinarily bugs get tweaked out of that version first, so it's the easiest platform for us to demo. The PS3 and PC versions look just as good. Very few people demo on PC, just becasue of the hardware difficulties of setting up and transporting around. Trust me, the PC version is stunning.

Awesome stuff, people take for granted all the stuff mycoldman is doing for the community and only asking for more and more info. *thumbs up* to coldman for his dedication.

Dedimes
5th Oct 2009, 22:54
Awesome stuff, people take for granted all the stuff mycoldman is doing for the community and only asking for more and more info. *thumbs up* to coldman for his dedication.

Its good to see that someone really cares about the forums, and takes his time to talk to the fans. games like Halo, if you send in a email, everything just gets mass deleted.

awesome_man
6th Oct 2009, 00:36
mycoldman u really need to stop letting us down u are constantley telling us things about the website that are not true! WE WANT AN UPDATE this was on a thread that u posted on

'We've some updates coming at the end of the week. And we'll start profiling weapons and vehicles soon enough, promise. '

another i found

'That's true... but as I stated elsewhere on the forum, the Tokyo Game Show held us up a bit. You can definitely expect some goodies this week. You have my word on that.'

i like how u reply to alot of our questions and querys but i am SICK OF SEEING THE SAME PICS every time i come on the website!!!!!

DO SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11:mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2:

dude calm down....was that really needed comon....mycoldman is not the highest power...there are other forces involved

PoorBison
6th Oct 2009, 01:04

another i found

DO SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11:mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2:Tell me, do you work in the gaming industry? More specifically, do you have any grasp on how it works? Don't make any more threads like this. They don't help at all. The only thing stopping me from reporting this is the fact that mycoldman replied here.

You have no idea how much he is doing for us do you? He puts alot of work into those podcasts, the last thing he needs is to see this when its really not even his fault. At least the rest of us are on his side.

Orange Freeze
6th Oct 2009, 01:40
^ Mmmm. Devastating. Nice job, lol. But seriously though, mycoldman is an outrageously and ludicrously amazing guy. He's giving us lots of juicy info, and we appreciate it, greatly. So in the name of Just Case 2, rock on good people, rock on.

awesome_man
6th Oct 2009, 01:54
i put my angry eyes in http://www.steveklotz.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/potato_2.gif

jubjub1
6th Oct 2009, 02:26
wtf

PoorBison
6th Oct 2009, 03:19
^ Mmmm. Devastating. Nice job, lol. But seriously though, mycoldman is an outrageously and ludicrously amazing guy. He's giving us lots of juicy info, and we appreciate it, greatly. So in the name of Just Case 2, rock on good people, rock on.Heh, well I actually just went back and toned it down a bit. The original one came across as slightly rude, I don't want to start a war, hehe :p

Orange Freeze
6th Oct 2009, 19:29
haha

awesome_man
6th Oct 2009, 22:20
WTF to your wtf mr jubjub1

jubjub1
7th Oct 2009, 00:29
lol