PDA

View Full Version : Growing up with Lara Croft

Mr.Croft
4th Oct 2009, 06:00
DEAR TOMBRAIDERIANS!

We all have countless stories to share of how we were introduced to Lara Croft, Tomb Raider. It was at the time I was Seven years old! My Father bought us Tomb raider II for Easter! Surprisingly, we didn't even play Tomb raider I! My Two brother's and I were -addicted- to the game as if it were water! Drinking everyday! I'd wake up in the morning to even find my Father playing tomb raider! (He discovered where you can find the M16 in the water levels without getting the golden dragon secrets!). Lara Croft literally brought the family together, but sometimes, we'd fight over the game, leading to a broken controller or two, leaving us tomb raider-less. =P. The game is a milestone within my childhood, and I'm sure there are millions of different stories about you're discovery of Tomb raider!

Also, I've noticed many other people were introduced to Tomb Raider by their father's (they probably have a 'thing' for Lara, no doubt. =P) Anywhoo, The day the makers of Tomb Raider stop making the games, is the day I die! Lets hear your story of how you were introduced to Tomb Raider!

-Cody Hathaway :)

oraclebop
4th Oct 2009, 09:55
My first Tomb Raider, was Tomb Raider 1. Coming with my PS1, I played some other games first (Crash! :nut:) then started this, I never passed the first level being only 4 years old at the time.

Years passed and the Tomb Raider movie came out, I was so excited, but I had forgotten the memories of the first game, and had lost the game itself. I bought Tomb Raider Chronicles (3 years had passed, i think) and I once again never completed it. I blame the Tightropes. :whistle:

I had reached the age of 10 and as I visited my friend's place, I had reignited with an old flame. It was Lara on Tomb Raider Anniversary! :eek: I remembered my experiences, only lightly, but still, it was a shock. I bought the game myself and used my Tomb Raiding Prowess and beat the game before my friend did (He came close). I bought the other games as well after that (like Tomb Raider 4, Demos for TR2, TR3 and TR5 too as I my PS1 crashed already). Tomb Raider Legend did the trick to make me the Tomb Raider fan you have right now.

:o

Tihocan
4th Oct 2009, 12:08
I was 16, and the first experience of Lara was a special edition magazine with a demo on the front. I still have that disc, too.
I played that demo, the City of Vilcabamba, so many times - I swear I played the length of the full game in demo time before it came out.
That's how it began, and every new offering was snapped up and played to death. Loved them all right up to The Last Revelation which I played while living in my older brother's garage.

Except for Angel of Darkness. It took me some time to put money into that game. It's been a little shaky since then. I haven't felt so... engaged, or challenged, and I wish there was just more...

I still love Lara though - I even bought the NGage disc when I got my hands on an NGage, hehe.

Randy 54
4th Oct 2009, 14:13
By the time I was 43, I needed a change from doing the same old routine over and over again, so I tried video games. Bought a PS1 and I was ready to go. TR2 had just been released, so I bought my copy and became stuck after the first five minutes. After I understood more about the game and was able to keep the momentum going, I became addicted. I remember staying up sometimes to three in the morning because I couldn't wait to see what happens next. After, I went to TR1, which kept me busy until almost the release time for TR3. All of the early games, (except AOD), had a re-playability factor that seemed endless. I moved on to the PS2 so I could play AOD, but the controls and movements were unforgiving, so I refused play it any further and I thought that was the end of the Tomb Raider games. Some years later, Legend came along but I was leary of getting it. I finally decided to give it a try and to my surprise, the controls were rather easy to learn and the game looked fantastic but too short. TRA was okay, I didn't like the moves being made into puzzles. Underworld, in my opinion, was a very good game and I hope that the future games are as good as or better.

nikkinickels
4th Oct 2009, 15:21
i was introduced when i was about 8 to tomb raider, although i only got to watch my friend play it, i felt bad asking since i know she wanted to beat the game herself x_x and i wanted to get the game but my PS1 ended up getting stolen one night so i never bought a new one. a few years ago, i bought my ps2 but didn't buy a tomb raider game until this summer. it was the weekend before Regents exams, the saturday night i was watching a movie with angie jolie, and thought about tomb raider and looked up some stuff about it cause i thought about getting it. so on sunday me and my mom went to the mall. she had no idea what my real reason to go to the mall was. i stopped by Game Stop since they were getting rid of old PS2 games and I saw Tomb Raider Legend. i thought to my self that i had to have it, so i bought it and played it that night. i fell inlove by the first level. then when regents week ended, my computer brokedown as soon as i got home from the last exam. so i spent almost half the summer playing legend, lara's been a big inspiration since then, i've done A LOT more and achieved a lot more of my goals since. when i'd feel unconfident i would think "what would lara do?" :P

Ants_27_
4th Oct 2009, 16:14
Well I was born in 92 and TR was released in 96 (correct?) so I was 4. I didn't play games till I was about 5 or 6. Never played number 1 but I played a bit of number 2 and didn't touch TR again till I played the last revelation demo (yet I never bought the full game). Finally, the only real TR I bought and wanted to finish was Legend. Yes I never bought the TR games that followed last revelation.:lol:

Then again I've never enjoyed gaming that much it was just something I've always done to pass time on.

I played them now but the only PSOne games I loved the bones off of were MGS and Spyro:cool:

tombraidergal
4th Oct 2009, 18:16
my first tomb raider was a tomb raider 3 demo for playstation one. My friend on the street where i lived used to give us some cd's with demo's on. i loved them all, some included ratchet and clank.
I especially loved tr3 demo in the jail place... the laser bits were fun and hiding from the thugs with the clubs and guns with laser detecting things... I loved it! And at the end you climb the top of a tower and jump out. so fun. My bro liked it too because we used to do a drama together for fun. i used to pretend to hide from him, he'd pretend to come by with a bat and he'd pretend to whack me.

Then, we sold ps1 for money on ebay. I got ps2 then in 2004. in 2006, i saw a game that i wanted called 'BRATZ' and went to buy it. It was only £14. My dad said that it looked crap and i should get something else. My brother, having a good eye, spotted tomb raider legend and showed it me. I was like, 'NO! Tomb raider is rubbish! I want Bratz!' But my bro said i should get tomb raider. he practically begged me to buy it instead of bratz. i don't regret caving in and getting tomb raider instead! It was only a few months after it was actually released.
I was so excited to play tomb raider, i read the manual in the car and went straight to the playstation 2 to play it. Bolivia took me ages. I was new to the franchise, and the game took me about 2 weeks to finish, just like underworld did.
But then at christmas, my brotherr (gets what he wants all the time) said that he wanted an xbox 360. I had so many games on my ps2 that i wanted to keep and loved when my bro said he wanted to sell ps2, i cried! (sounds babyish) and screamed the house down!
But eventually i got tomb raider legend in june 2007. I actually got to complete it with rewards and time trials etc.
I only just finished rewards and etc earlier this year. Anniversary took me ages. :P
Now, i absolutely love tomb raider! I've had times where i've played it constantly, got bored and ignored it. But now i go on forums there's more fun things to do! Also, i've had a go at the classics and level editors too.

EDIT: @ Ants_27_ i was more or less exactly the same except ahead of you... i loved spyro too. :p i was born in 1996 so... youre older than me, like my brother who was born 1992!

Jason Miller
4th Oct 2009, 22:02
I first used to watch my uncle play around with Lara Croft for the first time when I was about 8 yrs old (TR1). Now I'm 17 and I now know that I wouldn't even have a gaming life if it weren't for my dear Lady Croft.It all started off with a controller and a pixelated heroine running around in a wooden box, now i have a 50 inch LCD screen and a PS3. My my, how time goes by so quickly! I love remembering those dear old days when my friend would come over and we would have a fight over who gets to play first. Tomb Raider was one of the most acclaimed games back then, it still is, at least to me, sadly, people these days are too stupid and impatient to enjoy these beautiful games. I just hope CD can pull this one off right!

Error96_
4th Oct 2009, 23:13
I got a Sega Saturn in 1996 along with some games as a Christmas present. Was a bit nervous at first due to me being under 10 at the time. I had seen semi-3D games before but nothing quite like TR1. I got into it although the runnings jumps were really difficult for me back then. The game took me weeks to complete but I enjoyed the challenges. Places like the Folly, Lost Vally were so much more than I had seen beforein any video game. Blew me away and was amazed by the conversations between Natla and Lara and the Torso boss battle on top of the Atlantis shaft.

I have got every TR since that point when it came out and really enjoyed all them (particually TR 2,3 and AOD). I get such a thrill exploring places, solving puzzles and being terrified when enamies charge at Lara unexpectely. I think TR is an incredible series and a major part of the video game side of my childhood. Don't think I will ever forget the TR games.

EyeShotFirst
5th Oct 2009, 02:51
Well I was a Nintendo 64 kid around the time TR:I came out. So I played Ocarina Of Time for a few years. But when I started playing video games on the PC I picked up a copy of TR:III. It was fun but hard. Later on when the PS2 came out I found TR:1 in the cheap bin at Game Stop and I just liked it so much better than TR:111. Lara Croft filled her spot with all of my favorite video game characters. Lara Croft just had something to it. What I got out of the game was my love for Indiana Jones movies. I had always wanted to play a good Indiana Jones game, but they never delivered. Tomb Raider had all of the fun and adventure you could want. Aside from the worst controls on the planet the games were really fun. Lara Croft was strong, courageous, and very hot.

I had stopped playing Tomb Raider for years until Legend came out. TR:L just had something I had craved for years. I liked how much better the game looked but more than that I liked how great the controls were. So after getting my fix of an awe inspiring game I just had to get Anniversary. Anniversary delivered the same great look that TR:L had and it was so much larger. Having not played the original TR in years at the time, things were just as amazing as before. It was able to give the fans the same impression they got when they played the first one. Everything was much larger but we remembered it that way. I haven't played Underworld yet because I am going to get a better graphics card to better appreciate the game.

Lara was and will always be an important part of my gaming life. Like games like Mario, Zelda, and Pac Man, Tomb Raider will go down in history as one of the greatest games of all time.

cgtombraider
5th Oct 2009, 04:17
I remeber the year it was 1999. I was eight. I had gotten a playstation for christmas. We got the pizza hut demo disk with tomb raider the last revelation demo video on it. I thought it looked fun. A year passed ino 2000 and for my brithday in september i saw tomb raider the last revelation at walmart and i asked for it for my birthday and my parents bought it. i went home and couldnt pass the training levels! I was stuck on the part with the darn rope and huge door. Then years passed and i played tomb raider 3 and 2 on a friends ps and loved them. i later found tomb raider 2 in a movie rental store and bought it used and loved it! Then came 2005 and rented tomb raider the angel of darkness at my cousins house cuz i didnt have a ps2 and found the controls difficult but loved it. Then 2006 i finally got a ps2 and bought tomb raider legend and loved it! Then bought angel of darkness and got use to the controls and loved it more than legend! Then in 2007 my cousin gave me tomb raider 3 and i absolutely loved it. i bought tomb raider anniversary and found that it was the best tomb raider i have ever played! then i was curious to play the original tomb raider and my brother bought it for me for christmas. then a year later i recieved tomb raider underworld for christmas in 2008 loved it but not as good as tomb raider anniversary! AHH that is my long love story with tomb raider! it better not end if the new tomb raider is bad like the concept pictures are!!!!

Ants_27_
5th Oct 2009, 07:25
I was so excited to play tomb raider, i read the manual in the car and went straight to the playstation 2 to play it. Bolivia took me ages. I was new to the franchise, and the game took me about 2 weeks to finish, just like underworld did.

EDIT: @ Ants_27_ i was more or less exactly the same except ahead of you... i loved spyro too. :p i was born in 1996 so... youre older than me, like my brother who was born 1992!

I don't remember why I bought Legend as I wasn't fussed, nor bothered about the TR franchise then, I mean I didn't even know they'd released it:cool: I do remember buying it from game then going into WHSmiths for reasons I can't remember, but I read the manual to the game just for fun while waiting (first game that I've looked at the manual, manual what manual?:p)
I remember my friend playing on Anniversary which I'd not taken to much notice off and decided to buy it for PS2. So I think Underworld has been the only TR that I've followed with each trailer and bit off information.

As for the classics I have played them since but I suppose it's been the newer ones that have kept my interest in the franchise. I think I've grown up with other franchises more than TR so I suppose I've got other games that I love more dearly because of that reason: Broken sword, Spyro (mainly number 2), Resident Evil (again I think I played it at the age of 5, scary:eek:) and MGS1 (I only played the demo, over and over, still loved it)

wdavid
5th Oct 2009, 08:11
My first Tomb Raider (and the very first PC game) was the Dagger of Xian.:D I was 7 when i played it. My father has got it from one of his friends. At the first time the contol was a bit hard for me but i used to it:o:) I couldn't manage to complete even the first level, but my father did it, so i didn't gave up and one day after my father did it i also completed the first level. After this i played TR2 much more than my father and manage to finish the game:D It was fun and i was a bit sad when i finished it.:D

Tomb Raider is very important in my life, because i've grown up with Lara.:D
This is why i decided to start to make levels for Tomb Raider, and give some new adventures for the fans:D:D

Mr.Croft
5th Oct 2009, 09:22
Guys, I am loving your personal stories, keep them coming please! I've read them all and yes I do agree, the Playstation one games for Tomb Raider seemed to be slightly harder! (It's actually funny you all say that, because when I was really young I always used Health packs in the playstation One Tomb raider series, and I -BARELY- used health packs in Anniversary/Legend/Underworld. =P)

But keep those stories coming please, I'm intrigued!

rose_tyler_fan01
5th Oct 2009, 16:07
I love Tomb Raider. It wasn't until a few years ago when I actually purchased the game that I started loving it.

What other TR games are there apart from Underworld and Legend?

_Love2Raid_
5th Oct 2009, 16:19
Uhmm, I bought the first Tomb Raider the same year it was released for the PlayStation and was amazed by the complexity of the game and how fun it was. :D

I love Tomb Raider. It wasn't until a few years ago when I actually purchased the game that I started loving it.

Tomb Raider
Tomb Raider II: The Dagger of Xian
Tomb Raider III: Adventures of Lara Croft
Tomb Raider IV: The Last Revelation
Tomb Raider Chronicles (V)
Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness (VI)
Tomb Raider Legend
Tomb Raider Anniversary Edition
Tomb Raider Underworld

So there are a lot of games left for you! :D

Also, there are many many fanmade levels. :thumb:

Ants_27_
5th Oct 2009, 16:44
Like I said before, I did 'grow up' with Lara in a sense because I do remember the games but I only stuck with one or two or just played the demo. Anyway I do remember these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MvqxpHwedo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6irGpwPkwYs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIOWWVX_zsw&feature=related

This is the only real trailer I remember seeing of TR:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbkaGhvdRl4

Mr.Croft
5th Oct 2009, 17:10

Yes, the games the other person listed, are awesome too! Besides that most of them are Playstation 1, they're still as hard, if not harder. I love The Ps1 games regardless of graphics or not, Tomb raider is still a great game, no matter the graphics.

Play them, buy them on ebay for cheap! If you have a playstation 2, your set! Remember to get a ps1 memory card =P.

tombraidergal
5th Oct 2009, 18:58
I don't remember why I bought Legend as I wasn't fussed, nor bothered about the TR franchise then, I mean I didn't even know they'd released it:cool: I do remember buying it from game then going into WHSmiths for reasons I can't remember, but I read the manual to the game just for fun while waiting (first game that I've looked at the manual, manual what manual?:p)
I remember my friend playing on Anniversary which I'd not taken to much notice off and decided to buy it for PS2. So I think Underworld has been the only TR that I've followed with each trailer and bit off information.

As for the classics I have played them since but I suppose it's been the newer ones that have kept my interest in the franchise. I think I've grown up with other franchises more than TR so I suppose I've got other games that I love more dearly because of that reason: Broken sword, Spyro (mainly number 2), Resident Evil (again I think I played it at the age of 5, scary:eek:) and MGS1 (I only played the demo, over and over, still loved it)

yes. i didn't even know it was released then. that's what i am saying... neither of us knew a thing about tomb raider... i wasn't bothered so much when my demo went. but then when i did get tomb raider, i was like.... zomg!

rose_tyler_fan01
5th Oct 2009, 19:05
Thanks for telling me how many games there are left. Would a PS1 memory card work in a PS2? So far, I only have Legend. I'm stuck on England when you are surrounded by coffins. If you could leave a message on my profile explaining it, I'd be grateful!

- Twilight Fan -

rose_tyler_fan01
5th Oct 2009, 19:13
Are there any games apart from Legend on Nintendo DS?

Ants_27_
5th Oct 2009, 19:17
Are there any games apart from Legend on Nintendo DS?

Yep there's Underworld for DS too

rose_tyler_fan01
5th Oct 2009, 19:23
Thanks Ants_27_

I was wondering, could you help me?

See, I'm stuck on the part of Legend, where Lara decends a rope and lands on a bell. And in the room, there are coffins of Kings and stuff. The level is called: " King Arthurs Tomb " I've been stuck on it for months now and have tried everything imaginable.

tombraidergal
5th Oct 2009, 19:33
ok... your stuck there? Face king arthur in the golden egg thing... go to the left towards a big set of coffins, a cut scene will arrive and lara will rub away dust on a coffin. grab the coffin and pull it away towards a broken pillar in which a rope dangles. Grapple the chandelier towards arthur and climb onto the coffin, then onto the pillar and grab the rope. The bell will rise and the chandelier will hit the bell, it will ring, breaking the bell and will shatter king arthurs egg. A cut scene will arrive, then exit the room where you will fight a boss. good luck! (when in the other room, there are shiny levers which are key to killing the boss and so are the statues which give off a strange sound when shot)

Mr.Croft
6th Oct 2009, 01:45
Thanks for telling me how many games there are left. Would a PS1 memory card work in a PS2? So far, I only have Legend. I'm stuck on England when you are surrounded by coffins. If you could leave a message on my profile explaining it, I'd be grateful!

- Twilight Fan -

You can use a ps1 memory card, controller, and cd in a ps2

Ants_27_
6th Oct 2009, 06:54
Thanks Ants_27_

I was wondering, could you help me?

See, I'm stuck on the part of Legend, where Lara decends a rope and lands on a bell. And in the room, there are coffins of Kings and stuff. The level is called: " King Arthurs Tomb " I've been stuck on it for months now and have tried everything imaginable.

I remember being stuck on that bit for ages too, but here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EENzUVX465A&feature=related

Skip to 5:00. I would explain it but I would probably ramble far to much:p

zipi.91
6th Oct 2009, 10:56
Hmmm:) On the first time, for me, Lara Crof was insufficiently interesting!! I don't understand this game: lady, which walking and destroyed tombs and kill animal. It's awfully:hmm: But...
When i was in 9 years old i'm read book "Lara Croft and Spear Of Destiny" by Sarah Chrisman. IT WAS SO INTERESTING!!! I want to be Michail and travel with Lara.:):) So, i have PS1 and go into computer shop and to buy "Tomb Raider" CD. It was very much pleased to this and have changed the opinion concerning game. Now, I 19 years old. I have computer, PS2, XBox 360. I like Tomb Raider siries very much. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, AOD, Legend, Anniversary, Underworld!!! I'm FAN Lara Croft Tomb Raider !!

rose_tyler_fan01
6th Oct 2009, 14:47
Thanks for your help! I'll try it, then I'll kill the boss. And, Mr.Croft, thanks for the information about PS1 memory cards and stuf

tombraidergal
6th Oct 2009, 15:00
your welcome.... did you mean me?

rose_tyler_fan01
6th Oct 2009, 15:08
Okay, thanks for all the awesome info. would it work the other way? like: PS1 wiv PS2 controllers, memoery cards and games?

rose_tyler_fan01
6th Oct 2009, 15:17
I remember being stuck on that bit for ages too, but here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EENzUVX465A&feature=related

Skip to 5:00. I would explain it but I would probably ramble far to much:p

Will do. Thanks for the link!

-Twilight fan _:thumb:

rose_tyler_fan01
6th Oct 2009, 15:25
Yes, I probably did. I can't remember who posted the help. LOL, I tried it and it worked. I am now trying to defeat the boss. LOL, Thanks for your help!

tombraidergal
6th Oct 2009, 15:35
do you need any help on the boss? And it was me that gave the help. :p

rose_tyler_fan01
6th Oct 2009, 16:36
I know this has nothing to do with TR Legend, but how do you get the little quotes at the end of every message?

tombraidergal
6th Oct 2009, 16:54
the signature you mean? go onto user CP at the top of this page and find a page link that is something like 'user signature'. Create it, and then you can have your own little signature! Mine is from spongebob. :p

rose_tyler_fan01
7th Oct 2009, 16:33
Thanks. I think I have a PS1 memory card around somewhere.

rose_tyler_fan01
7th Oct 2009, 16:35
Thanks. Yes, I need help on the boss. LOL, thanks.

rose_tyler_fan01
7th Oct 2009, 16:37
Thanks for the info and help

Ants_27_
7th Oct 2009, 17:07
Thanks. Yes, I need help on the boss. LOL, thanks.

If you need help on the boss then (I'm gussing it the water serpent thingy?)

Anywho:

Shoot the statues next to the shiny lever things. When the serpent is distracted pull the levers using the grapple, thus dropping th cage on it's head (repeat 3 times:lol:)

By time I wrote that you probably no longer need help:p

Right back on topic (sort of). I remember this trailer vaguely for TR1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9mmAL4uWtU&feature=related

Or what about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHUhcT9uSs0&feature=related - Lara Beanstalk

TF.Denis
9th Oct 2009, 01:19
great stories my friends..so many memories..i guess now it`s my turn..well..i waaaaaaassss.....aa..yeah i was 10 years old when i ever saw lara croft..my brother had told to our uncle that he was wanted a game for sega saturn for christmas and our uncle brought to us tomb raider..my brother started playing it and i had watched a bit only because we had guests at the living room and i was going once to our bedroom and the next the living room..but tomorow my bro was playing and i stay watching him..well firstly i thought that lara was a guy..haha..and after a month my brother was bored trying to pass st francis and stoped playing..well it was the time that i started playing it..well i remember loading my brother`s file and it was st francis at the biiiiiiig room with no health and even a bite from a bat coould kill lara so i started playing it from the beggining and i loved it..maybe i didn`t understand the story or english (i started learning english since i was 14) but i loved the game..i didn`t even knew lara`s name lol..and i played it until i arrived in palace midas where i stuck..then i stopped playing too..but untill 1999..when my bro me..and my sister put our money all together in order to buy ps1..well when we arrived i was soooooooo excited when i saw tr4 at the games there and i begged my dad to buy it too sooo..we came back home with a brand new ps1 and tr4..and after that i was buying tomb raider games after that sequel..tr5 i remember..so my story is biiiiig so that's how i turned from a mortal to a tomb raiderer!!

larasshadow
11th Oct 2009, 12:04
Well when I was 3 I used to watch my Dad play playstation all the time. One day he bought a new game home titled 'Tomb Raider'. I saw this beautiful woman on the cover holding a pare of guns, which was quite convenient due to me being totally obsessed with guns. Then for about a month I watched my Dad play it hours on end. When he finished it, he asked me if I would like a turn. I turned on the playstation, loaded the game, and was BOOM! instantly I was hooked. On my first day of playing I remember getting up to Greece. There were these two lions running towards Lara, at that moment I turned off the playstation due to being completely and utterly scared. Then about two months later I turned the game back on keen on finishing it. Ever scince then the Tomb Raider games have come out really close to my birthdays. So mum and dad have bought me the entire series up until Underworld. So that is how I became hooked.

tombraidergal
11th Oct 2009, 12:20
@ rose_tyler_fan01 the next level is easy. but if you need any help, just ask. and hope you are enjoying the game!

Arctic
11th Oct 2009, 12:33
I think my mom got TR1 with a magazine, when I was 8 or so. She and my father both played it on our very old pc, while my sister and I watched. When we got a bit older, my sister I tried to complete it too (She played, while I was in charge of the Ctrl-button - shooting, grabbing and so on :p). We got stuck in the Colosseum, though, and gave up.
Then years later, after my parents were divorced, we got a PS2 at my father's house, and after some time I began to think about TR, and wondered, if there were anything like it for PS2. Then after a while, there were posters all over the city about "Tomb Raider Legend". I bought it and became pretty addicted. I got TRA when it was released, and I started to buy the old games too (I still haven't totally completed any of them). And then, of course, I also bought TRU, when it came out.
So now I'm a TR fan :D

rose_tyler_fan01
11th Oct 2009, 12:52
DEAR TOMBRAIDERIANS!

We all have countless stories to share of how we were introduced to Lara Croft, Tomb Raider. It was at the time I was Seven years old! My Father bought us Tomb raider II for Easter! Surprisingly, we didn't even play Tomb raider I! My Two brother's and I were -addicted- to the game as if it were water! Drinking everyday! I'd wake up in the morning to even find my Father playing tomb raider! (He discovered where you can find the M16 in the water levels without getting the golden dragon secrets!). Lara Croft literally brought the family together, but sometimes, we'd fight over the game, leading to a broken controller or two, leaving us tomb raider-less. =P. The game is a milestone within my childhood, and I'm sure there are millions of different stories about you're discovery of Tomb raider!

Also, I've noticed many other people were introduced to Tomb Raider by their father's (they probably have a 'thing' for Lara, no doubt. =P) Anywhoo, The day the makers of Tomb Raider stop making the games, is the day I die! Lets hear your story of how you were introduced to Tomb Raider!

-Cody Hathaway :)

I don't know when Tomb Raider was introduced to the world, but I was wondering how many games there are now. Please tell me as soon as possible, thanks

Arctic
11th Oct 2009, 12:57
I don't know when Tomb Raider was introduced to the world, but I was wondering how many games there are now. Please tell me as soon as possible, thanks

How many games? Let's see :D

TR1
TR2
TR3
TR Last Revelation
TR Chronicles
TR Angel of Darkness
TR Legend
TR Anniversary
TR Underworld

.. I'd say 9 ;)

tombraidergal
11th Oct 2009, 16:12
yep. when i was new to the franchise, i had no idea how many games there were, but i did know some of them. i knew there was a tomb raider last revelation. But that was about it. i drew lara plenty of times and i wrote stories about her too.
i think i might have done a comic too. now, i'm just a bit sick of lara. why can't core and crystal work on a tomb raider together and split the profits? would it hurt? Like, cyrstal make one half of the game, and core make the other. they could discuss possible story idea's etc. i think that would be great, i did mention it before, but i don't think anyone payed any attention.

Arctic
12th Oct 2009, 09:56
... why can't core and crystal work on a tomb raider together and split the profits? would it hurt? Like, cyrstal make one half of the game, and core make the other. they could discuss possible story idea's etc. i think that would be great, i did mention it before, but i don't think anyone payed any attention.

Does Core Design even still exist? :scratch:

Ants_27_
12th Oct 2009, 13:07
Does Core Design even still exist? :scratch:

I highly doubt they are still about. I'm sure they would have split and gone to work for other companies (some maybe even forming a new one). They could have gone to the likes of: Naughty Dog, Konami, Rockstar.

I hope so, they're my three favourite developers ever, no other has ever come close to topping them three! In my eyes anyhow.:cool:

Edit - This:

On 11 May 2006 it was announced that Core's assets and staff were sold to independent development group Rebellion. Eidos still owns the Core brand and IP, including those of Tomb Raider.

Their business 'entity' is Defunct.

tombraidergal
12th Oct 2009, 19:46
ah ha! i found some of my lara croft stories! (thank god i didn't throw them away like i did with the others, that was a big mistake, i regret throwing the 52 stories away i did, and comics!)

Not all is lost...

zipi.91
13th Oct 2009, 17:44
How many games? Let's see :D

TR1
TR2
TR3
TR Last Revelation
TR Chronicles
TR Angel of Darkness
TR Legend
TR Anniversary
TR Underworld

.. I'd say 9 ;)

Ohh. You forget games: TR Unlished Bussines and TR Golden Mask.!! Real games!:D

Arctic
14th Oct 2009, 10:58
Ohh. You forget games: TR Unlished Bussines and TR Golden Mask.!! Real games!:D

Yeah, but aren't they more like 'extra' games? I don't think they count, when listing the TR games :D But otherwise, yep, there are those, too ;)

rose_tyler_fan01
14th Oct 2009, 14:47
Thanks wud it work reversd?

ShadowOfDarkness92
16th Oct 2009, 21:17
When I was about 8 years old, I watched my dad play the PC version of The Last Revelation. I asked to have a turn playing it - and was instantly hooked! That's all there is to it really. I have most of the games (just not TR3 or Underworld) but I have a bunch of videogames to complete so they're all mostly incomplete! Tomb Raider is still a big part of my life today.