PDA

View Full Version : Deus ex 3 and upcoming water crisis

Mezgrath
3rd Oct 2009, 20:44
Mm don't know, discuss..

KSingh77
3rd Oct 2009, 20:50
We won't be able to swim in water in this game?

Blade_hunter
3rd Oct 2009, 20:51
I hope we could swimm; this was one of the mistakes from DX 2 too ... no swimming ....
Really even if there some persons who said they never used the aqualung some others used it and I did it myself, I swam often in the game to get some useful bonuses and even using the swimming as a stealth method, alternate passage ...

Mezgrath
3rd Oct 2009, 22:17
I want to see fish too.

Red
4th Oct 2009, 01:14
I know I'm a first-class troll, but this topic is really ridiculous...

Sabretooth1
4th Oct 2009, 11:13
If there wasn't a water crisis in 2052, there isn't a water crisis in Deus Ex 3.

Case closed.

Mezgrath
4th Oct 2009, 14:27
I know I'm a first-class troll, but this topic is really ridiculous...

Actually you just said something useless that is not needed.

If there wasn't a water crisis in 2052, there isn't a water crisis in Deus Ex 3.

Case closed.

And you said something stupid that doesn't make sense, think of it.

ArcR
4th Oct 2009, 18:54
Actually you just said something useless that is not needed.

While Red is first class you are merely a second rate troll. I suggest you try one of his seminar's Advanced Trolling: Subtle Inflamitory Remarks.

:rolleyes:

Sabretooth1
5th Oct 2009, 07:33

I'm afraid I really can't.

Jerion
5th Oct 2009, 08:04
Sorry Mezgrath, I don't think you've got any backing on this one.

Mezgrath
5th Oct 2009, 08:19
:confused:
Why? Isn't it possible to have a water crisis in DX3 so we can make the whole story a bit richer?
Isn't it possible that the water crisis is solved in this story so there isn't any at DX1.
And I don't speak about swimming..
Anyways as someone said let's close this case.

Malah
5th Oct 2009, 09:34
All I can see is a population crisis.

Sabretooth1
5th Oct 2009, 10:04
:confused:
Why? Isn't it possible to have a water crisis in DX3 so we can make the whole story a bit richer?
Isn't it possible that the water crisis is solved in this story so there isn't any at DX1.

I really don't think it's very feasible to have a water crisis that was solved within 20 years with so much ease that it was completely ignored hence.

Mezgrath
5th Oct 2009, 10:25
I really don't think it's very feasible to have a water crisis that was solved within 20 years with so much ease that it was completely ignored hence.

Well at least this a more welcome reply.

dixieflatline
5th Oct 2009, 21:23
Pfff water. So plain tasting.

Drink Brawndo (http://www.brawndo.com/), the thirst mutilator.

...it has electrolytes!

http://www.wigdahl.net/quern/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/idiocracyfoodpyramid1.jpg

KSingh77
28th Oct 2009, 16:12
Water can be a good soucre for refilling health in this game.

Ashpolt
28th Oct 2009, 17:00

As can air, light, darkness, standing near things, standing not very near things, standing really quite far away from things indeed, jumping, crouching, moving side to side a little, being inside buildings, being outside buildings, looking at pigs.....etc etc.

Cmd_lupin
28th Oct 2009, 17:08
The yellow look the concept art has shown us ( more predominatly the shangai city panoramics), could be a result of the water crisis (when you look at something orange or yellow, you TEND to think about warm things, desertic and arid).

In a more, realistic view point (and perhaps a little off-topic), the fact that these days there are a lot of focus on everything that is ecological and/or renewable source, should indeed have a place in Deus Ex, from the simple existance of winded powered turbines to a [small] place in the plot.

I believe it was the Sands of Time triology (Prince of Persia) that used it, and while it was a good twist to the traditional health vials and such (mainly due to the good relation it had with the rest of the persian and arid feel of it), in order to work in any of a more serious and earth-to-earth type of game, it would need to be explained how drinking water made your cells regenerate themselves, and therefore, heal you.