PDA

View Full Version : Eidos and their other games

polimerjones
3rd Oct 2009, 10:07
Coming into the Jc2 forum you get a list of games that Eidos was a part of. Just wondering if any had played the other ones and what your thoughts were.

Personally I loved the hitman series, well i can't say series cause i only complete the final one, but it has to be may favorite stealth shooter. I hope they make another one. After that I have only played Just Cause. Is there any i should take a look at?

dark_angel_7
3rd Oct 2009, 13:11
Hehe, it's Eidos polimerjones :D

Well I am an avid gamer and like quite a lot of games from many publishers. But from Eidos I've tried loads and liked many of them mostly because they focus on single player and not multi player aspects which I find pointless. I'm a fan of the following series, in order of most favourite:

Tomb Raider - Lara FTW! :D
Hitman - what isn't there to like about a bald assassin with a bar code on his head? :p
Thief - well I guess I've only played the first one and its a stealth game a bit like Hitman. I'm planning on getting Thief 2, 3 and 4.
Deus Ex - I played the first one only and its a masterpiece, winning many awards, highly recommended ;)

I've played a few other Eidos games which I enjoyed - Project Eden, and Fate of the Dragon. I'm planning on getting a few more - Batman:AA, Mini Ninjas and Anachronox as well as completing my collection of the above series'.

The only Eidos games which I played and didn't enjoy was Kane & Lynch, the Battlestations series and Just Cause (only the demo I played and haven't purchased the full game). Also I dont like Championship Manager games either, because I despise football :lol:.

I'm interested in JC2 because the game looks miles better than JC1 was and Avalanche and Eidos are really listening to the fans! :thumbsup:.

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
3rd Oct 2009, 21:11
I just got trough Batman AA in one rent (yeah it's short and I'm fast), and what I loved the most was the Almighty Tripple Hook! Don't worry, it's useful and all to grapple three enemies at a time but not as amazing as the Dual Hook. Few possibilities.

awesome_man
4th Oct 2009, 02:47
Batan AA was really fun...there was a lot to do even after you finished the campaign!!!

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
4th Oct 2009, 12:32
Batan AA was really fun...there was a lot to do even after you finished the campaign!!!

Mmm, I have to dissagree.

Didn't you hate being totally alone when you finished the game? I think it could have been waaay better if there were bad guys around the assylum so you could go everywhere and still fight something :mad2:

polimerjones
5th Oct 2009, 01:57
wow, i cant believe i misspelled eidos in the thread name... hahaha.

chip5541
5th Oct 2009, 15:36
Fixed title ;)

As much as I love Battlestations, Batman and others I would love to see them bring back some of the Core games like Premiere, Heimdal, Chuck Rock, Corporation, Skeleton Crew and Darkmere.

chickenchief
5th Oct 2009, 17:36
Meh, only eidos game i really enjoyed was the first just cause. I have yet to try out arkham asylum though.

chip5541
5th Oct 2009, 18:58
Fun game. I know I mod here but I wouldn't recommend what I don't like. Batman rocks.

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
5th Oct 2009, 20:50
I hate you all! Nobody thinks the same I say in the spoiler???!!! :mad2: Argh! :mad2: I'll break this wall!
:mad2: I swear! :mad2:

polimerjones
5th Oct 2009, 23:49
So i see most havnt played hitman??? that is crazy... trust me hitman blood money is not one of, but the best stealth shooters ever. the opera level is a classic along with the crow level. makes me wanna beat the game again for the millionth time

jeremythebug
28th Mar 2010, 22:22
I've played some, including LoK, BAA and TR. Great games.

Error96_
28th Mar 2010, 23:43
Tomb raider is the main one for me. One of best games series of all time. TR and JC are the two I am most into.

Forum N¡nja
11th Apr 2010, 17:23
I recommend Batman. The gameplay is short, but it is well worth it.

Just_Cause_U_Luv_Me
11th Apr 2010, 23:42
Coming into the Jc2 forum you get a list of games that Eidos was a part of. Just wondering if any had played the other ones and what your thoughts were.

Personally I loved the hitman series, well i can't say series cause i only complete the final one, but it has to be may favorite stealth shooter. I hope they make another one. After that I have only played Just Cause. Is there any i should take a look at? The Hitman series is among my favs ever.

Nostalgically speaking-tomb raider is another fave although i ain't played any since the dreamcast days (maybe ps2,i can't mind)

I should have a look at there titles as I'm sure there's more i enjoyed and still do,but yeah the hitman series is fantastic.

On that...is there a version for ps3? Or is one planned?

RaXz
17th Apr 2010, 08:51
Fixed title ;)

As much as I love Battlestations, Batman and others I would love to see them bring back some of the Core games like Premiere, Heimdal, Chuck Rock, Corporation, Skeleton Crew and Darkmere.

Core! You forgot Bubba 'n Stix and Blob. :D

It saddens me that nobody mentioned Startopia, now that was a classic. A real shame that Mucky Foot and the community died long ago, I still play that game time to time, the game was designed by a couple of ex-Bullfrog employees.

cbYKKzmuVRU

The Startopia forum is now just an archive on the Eidos forums. :(

mobiusFalling
28th Jul 2010, 18:52
Yeah. It's frustrating. Truthfully, Startopia is the only Eidos game I have continued to care about at all and why I registered for this forum. That property was amazing. I'd love to see something new done with it. Startopia forever!

spaceboy
28th Jul 2010, 19:53
lol sadistic - I agree roaming after the story is not as much fun with nobody to punch. There should be scattered bad guys or lunatics, at the very least leave some cops walking around that you can beat up with no consequence. It's lonely at the asylum with no one around.

That said, the game is a lot of fun and definitely worth a playthrough. Can't wait for the second.

Driber
29th Jul 2010, 10:57
Fixed title

me too ;)