PDA

View Full Version : I Miss The Anticipation

CaptainMcMulla
1st Oct 2009, 15:57
I dont know about you guys but i miss the anticipation so much. I used to be on the forums more often then before because there was so much to talk about. All those crazy people coming on getting banned, the riddler took over the forums, keir got kidnapped :lol:, When is the demo coming out threads :lol: Man those were the days.

JackieFiest
1st Oct 2009, 17:15
I dont know about you guys but i miss the anticipation so much. I used to be on the forums more often then before because there was so much to talk about. All those crazy people coming on getting banned, the riddler took over the forums, keir got kidnapped :lol:, When is the demo coming out threads :lol: Man those were the days.

Yea. That rise and fall is pretty common on most video game forums. The night before release is always the best, IMO. :D

But, my experience has been that fans who are true and dedicated to the series always survive the "lulls" in traffic. And, since a lot of people do believe we will see a sequel, we will see who is all left when that announcement comes.

That's how you usually separate the "fans" from the "community members".

EliteF50
1st Oct 2009, 19:24
I do too. It was pretty fun.

KillerCroc
1st Oct 2009, 20:04
I miss those days, and now all my Bat-friends are disappearing. Hopefully a sequel will be announced soon. :whistle: I miss my buddies. :(

JackieFiest
1st Oct 2009, 20:13
Awwww.

Well on the bright side you get to make new ones. :flowers:

Old_BenKenobi
1st Oct 2009, 20:52
Yeah, that was good times. I never followed a game as closely as I did AA, and when I actually put it in my PS3 and started playing it was damn surreal

Revenant36
1st Oct 2009, 21:04
I never actually joined the forums until after I got the game :( I do know the feeling of anticipation in the community for a game yet to be released though, as I'v been reasonably active on the SW:TOR forums (as a side note, the SW:TOR website is now accepting applications for testers). So I guess I don't really have any B:AA forum buddies to miss (woe is me, I have no friends, :p ). I gotta say though, I'm looking forward to the buzz building up about a sequel...

The_Hylden
2nd Oct 2009, 03:23
Such is the life on gaming forums:p I just get a kick out of coming on the board now knowing what happened in the game so I can discuss that with people, along with helping if I can, making inside jokes when I can, and just being the ever-present Hylden entity I am :whistle:

Batman The Trailer Hunter
2nd Oct 2009, 04:11
I definately miss all the old members, hardly see anyone anymore. :*(

CaptainMcMulla
2nd Oct 2009, 07:32
this is the thing. Before the release there is so much to talk about. can you do this? how many bosses are there in the game etc

Come on Eidos just announce the sequel!

DarkKnightDanny
3rd Oct 2009, 15:59
this is the thing. Before the release there is so much to talk about. can you do this? how many bosses are there in the game etc

Come on Eidos just announce the sequel!

indeed. i havnt bothered to return to the forum becasue i really have no need to.

i know all the secrets and have got my 1000g score. il defo return when the sequel is announced:)

kain9998
3rd Oct 2009, 16:06
I definately miss all the old members, hardly see anyone anymore. :*(

Well because of my fan-fic I will be here for a long time! So at least theres always one friendly face right? :D

Nemesis296
5th Oct 2009, 14:52

I've said this before...but I remember when people were about to slit their wrists when Gamestop announced the Scarecrow map 5 minutes late! :lol:

It's interesting too because I keep coming here to check on the latest things that are happening here, but it really hasn't been that exciting the past few days. I guess that's sorta how it goes, but you're right, I miss those days when there was just too much anticipation to kill someone...:whistle:

...now it's just threads that are really just speculatory and lame..."How about we design the craziest game EVER for the sequel?" "Coming to gamers like you in the next 10 years, it's Batman: Untitled! With a new and improved combat system, every comic book villain, open-world game, access to the Batcave, online Multiplayer, customizable costumes, and more, it's the Batman game that will never be made!" :lol: That's what I made of all the threads about the sequel...

Anyways, how can we bring life back to these forums? :o

Drazar
5th Oct 2009, 15:21
Anyways, how can we bring life back to these forums? :o

When the distant great fathers from far beyond
decide its upon us to receive thou blessing!
a Chosen one thou shall be Chosen
the Chosen will search, the chosen will hunt!
Thou Chosen hunter will bring forth the news of the next adventure
and thou shall bring forth life upon us!

Nemesis296
5th Oct 2009, 16:03
When the distant great fathers from far beyond
decide its upon us to receive thou blessing!
a Chosen one thou shall be Chosen
the Chosen will search, the chosen will hunt!
Thou Chosen hunter will bring forth the news of the next adventure
and thou shall bring forth life upon us!

Are you saying the sequel is coming soon? :whistle:

Drazar
5th Oct 2009, 18:25
Nope, but Rocksteady's next game is announced next year regardless whenever its from DC IP or not. That is if you can trust Rocksteady's twitter.

JackieFiest
5th Oct 2009, 18:33
I want a sequel as much as the next fan girl, but I'm thinking getting the wheels moving on a sequel may be up to six months away, let alone announcing it.