PDA

View Full Version : Sniff sniff... I smell lawsuit!

RebeL_fARmeR
1st Oct 2009, 10:12
Umm... is it me, or is there a bit of character ripping-off going on here?

New game called "Wet" by Bethesda Softworks

http://www.fearzone.com/content/images/large/large-350.jpg

SUE SUE SUE!

nikkinickels
1st Oct 2009, 10:30
no, they're not alike, i mean sure they both are girls who have guns and kick ass, but rubi is different from lara, and the games are different, so are the stories, look up WET or watch the demos and stuff THEN compare it to Tomb Raider. i thought the same thing when i first saw rubi but theyr'e different, i thought they were trying to make a new lara but that's probably not what they're going for. so no lawsuit will be happening.

oraclebop
1st Oct 2009, 10:52
Oh no, not this again. :rolleyes:

Look, they are different characters okay? If every girl who had twin pistols is actually a blatant copy of Lara, then we must have had dozens of Lawsuits already in place by Eidos.

First off, Rubi isn't even trying to be Lara. She's a hired gun, an assassin of modern times. Sure she has acrobatics and twin pistols, but seriously? Guns and gymnastics aren't only trademarked to Lara you know. Anyone can use them.

Second, Lara isn't the first female with twin pistols, hundreds of girls before Lara already had it.

Finally, we've already discussed this before, heck we've discussed any game with similarities to Tomb Raider, and we come up with one thing: No one copies, they aren't stupid enough to do that. They are just simply inspired. Got it? ;)

RebeL_fARmeR
1st Oct 2009, 10:54
I did watch the demo video a few days ago, I saw things like:

general combat, 3rd person, blasting baddies, looked like Legend

Spinning and leaping from horizontal poles, exactly like TR Chronicles

Targetting reticle immediately made me think of Legend

But that's not my point.
My primary point is this: Scroll your screen up so that the upper half of Rubi is hidden, then look at the bottom half of the picture (waist down)... Can you tell the difference? She's 100% Lara Croft from the waist down.
In fact, I can even be more specific than that. She's AoD Lara! I do a lot of 3D modelling with AoD Lara and I can tell you that Rubi's legs and hips are completely IDENTICAL.

Oyee!

RebeL_fARmeR
1st Oct 2009, 10:57
Agh, has this already been discussed then?
I don't hang around the forum's that much these days...
Don't beat me! :)

Tihocan
1st Oct 2009, 11:09
Hey Rubi would make a good adversary for Lara...

oraclebop
1st Oct 2009, 11:20

But that's not my point.
My primary point is this: Scroll your screen up so that the upper half of Rubi is hidden, then look at the bottom half of the picture (waist down)... Can you tell the difference? She's 100% Lara Croft from the waist down.
In fact, I can even be more specific than that. She's AoD Lara! I do a lot of 3D modelling with AoD Lara and I can tell you that Rubi's legs and hips are completely IDENTICAL.

Oyee!

The first part, oh god, Tomb Raider isn't the first game with Combat, 3rd person, guns, poles or reticules. They're just the first to use it all in one game. :rolleyes:

2nd off, of course it's the same, it was bound to happen at one point, because nobody knows if ti's the same or not, people who make games don't go checking every detail to make sure no one thinks this is similar to this, besides, it's just the model, what else? It doesn't affect the fact that the game is 75% different. ;)

RebeL_fARmeR
1st Oct 2009, 11:28
Lol "The first part, oh god!"
Strangely enough that's what I thought when reading it through!!!
See that was never my point, I only put that in to express the general Tomb Raider-ish feel the demo movie had. But it's not important.

HERE'S my point. I threw this together in 15 minutes. Just to make my point nicely. It's not about Rubi being SIMILAR to Lara in appearance, it's about her being nearly IDENTICAL. Behold - A spot-the-difference game!

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g110/RebeL_fARmeR/comp.jpg

Tihocan
1st Oct 2009, 11:44
Nice point...

Even the shirt is the same colour... they say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

RebeL_fARmeR
1st Oct 2009, 11:56
I told Lara what was going on. She agrees with me!!!

She's out to hunt down Rubi, could be a good battle

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g110/RebeL_fARmeR/sabre.jpg

lilhanhan
1st Oct 2009, 12:19
Oh no, not again! So any female character who wears combat pants is now a Lara rip-off?

Where's my post from the Uncharted rip-off thread? Umm... *searches for the thread* Ah!

And this Underworld render looks like a image from "Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones"-

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i59/lilhanhan123/PoP-TR.png

See, they're both hanging from something in storm like conditions...

There's only so many poses which artists can work with, so why do we all have to create a big fuss when we notice a slight similarity between game art?

There we go, it's a simple pose which anyone can do and combat pants are one of the most common type of pants known to man, so of course there's going to be similarities!

RebeL_fARmeR
1st Oct 2009, 12:54
Umm... no! I didn't at any point say anything even remotely close to that!

Did I say any female in combats is a Lara?... In fact (looks down) I'm wearing US woodlands right now! What I actually said was that from the waist down Rubi and Lara are virtually identical. More suggesting that a female wearing combats, with traditional Lara-style extra-high cut combat boots, with a Lara dual tactical thigh holster (with their unique single leg bands) and Lara signature dual pistols... and virtually the same build as Lara looks the same as Lara!

Look at the comparison pic I made, simple fact, admit it or not, they are massively similar. THAT is my point.

And as for Prince of Persia... It's just some hairy dude hanging from a rope! A MAN, who's dressed nothing like Lara, I wouldn't even think to suggest there'd been a rip off. :)

And I'm starting to highly suspect this topic has been done to death!!! :D

Tihocan
1st Oct 2009, 13:20

Yep :)

I wouldn't stress about the small things. As long as the games are good, we fear naught.

Good observative/objective memory though - I would never have picked up on that.

tombraidergal
1st Oct 2009, 14:09

But that's not my point.

Oyee!

yes... i think exactly the same... but who cares? i want it! i'm gonna delete x-blades demo and have a go at this demo. x-blades is crap.

RebeL_fARmeR
1st Oct 2009, 15:08
Who cares? Good question. It doesn't really matter or anything. Just raising a point!

I probably won't buy WET, I mean, I still haven't got Underworld... Just can't be bothered with games any more! :(

lilhanhan
1st Oct 2009, 15:52
Umm... no! I didn't at any point say anything even remotely close to that!

Did I say any female in combats is a Lara?... In fact (looks down) I'm wearing US woodlands right now! What I actually said was that from the waist down Rubi and Lara are virtually identical. More suggesting that a female wearing combats, with traditional Lara-style extra-high cut combat boots, with a Lara dual tactical thigh holster (with their unique single leg bands) and Lara signature dual pistols... and virtually the same build as Lara looks the same as Lara!

Look at the comparison pic I made, simple fact, admit it or not, they are massively similar. THAT is my point.

Starting a thread by saying "character ripping-off" and "SUE SUE SUE!" in huge letters more or less suggests that this is yet another thread trying to make it seem that everything is a copy of Tomb Raider.

Yes they're similar but think about it; how different can you look when you're in a simple pose? I'm not saying that I don't agree that they look similar; but I'm getting quite annoyed at the fact that people keep saying that every game lately is "ripping off" Tomb Raider. It's not like Tomb Raider is the most original game in the world...

I know this is a Tomb Raider forum but I'm sure we all know that TR is not all that original when it comes to plots, etc.

And as for Prince of Persia... It's just some hairy dude hanging from a rope! A MAN, who's dressed nothing like Lara, I wouldn't even think to suggest there'd been a rip off. :)

But the point is that...actually let's use part of my quote again;

There's only so many poses which artists can work with, so why do we all have to create a big fuss when we notice a slight similarity between game art?

I know he's a man but think about it, they're in more or less the same pose and situation (they're both hanging from something and it's also raining). Put a wig on him to make him look slightly more feminine and I bet some of you will be saying how that image is also a rip-off. (Although the PoP image came first).

This character from WET has noticeable differences from Lara's look but yet we're looking at the tiniest similarity, in this case legs and pants. If she had the exact same clothing style of Lara, then I would have wondered about it (and besides Lara has tons of outfits lately so it can't be helped if there's a slight similarity these days. She can't be the only female character who's able to wear clothes) but for something like pants and/or legs shouting "SUE!" at the image does seem is slightly silly.

Why yes, yes it is. It's not you're fault of course but it is becoming quite a problem (in my opinion anyway). According to some members of this forum, no other character can hang from a ledge or hold on for their life to avoid a long and painful death, just because there's images of Lara doing those things too.

I used the image of "The Prince" in a similar situation to show that Lara isn't always the first one to do certain poses and that no Prince of Persia fan as gone "Whoa! Lara Croft's ripped-off The Prince because she's hanging off some rope!!!!".

I know my post suggest I really care about this but I'm more bothered about the forum being full of these accusations because there's no new news about Tomb Raider. I know it's good to carry on with discussions but do we always have to resort to "such a thing is a copy!" type threads?

It's not really a discussion, it just seem like a silly accusation. I know I sound quite angry and annoyed about this but all I want to do is raise a point about things being slightly similar... don't say "rip-off" unless it really is. Now if she was called "Tara Loft", wore the exact signature clothes as Lara, decided to raid tombs and her game was called "Grave Robber"; then I would be worried. ^.~

RebeL_fARmeR
1st Oct 2009, 16:27
Well, to be honest, the whole SUE SUE SUE thing was just a joke! I mean, if I was gonna be serious I would've put NEVER MIND NEVER MIND NEVER MIND!

this post in all honesty has gone flying off on a tengent anyway. It literally started out as a "Hey look, Bethesda Softworks has re-invented Lara Croft!" - and even that was based solely on the *image* of Rubi. I know the personality's all different and such and Lara's not tattooed into the next dimension, but I was walking along the other day and saw Rubi on an advert on the side of a bus stop... Thought it was Lara because of the holsters and 2 guns, I thought "Eh? New TR game??" I had to get about 5 metres away before I realised it wasn't her!

In terms of costumes though. Sure, Lara's got loads, but TRADITIONAL outfits? She most commonly appears in her classic shorts / sleeveless top or combats and crop top. She wore trousers with a crop top in TR1 (training level), TR2 (training), TR3(training, Nevada, Antarctica), TR6 (Paris, Louvre), TR7 (costumes)... It's kinda like a traditional kit for her.
But to be fair though, if shorts and trousers are Lara-traditional, that only leaves skirts!! Not really superhero dress...

And also I don't have a problem with Rubi's pose, would be a bit unfair really... I mean, gotta stand somehow, afterall...

But no matter how I look at it, Rubi's lower half... Lara! Utterly completely Lara. I CANNOT look at that picture and see anyone but Lara in her bottom half.

lilhanhan
1st Oct 2009, 16:51
I understand where you're coming from but after being part of the Uncharted is a rip-off thread and seeing how daft the accusations were becoming (like I said in my previous post, some comments were more or less saying how if another character was seen hanging off a ledge in a render, it was obviously a rip off of TR); I was getting annoyed at the fact that the subject of TR being to only one allowed to do certain poses and what have you would show it's ugly head again.

You can understand while I'm getting a bit annoyed (it's not your fault though). Even though your intention was to be slightly comical, it still on a subject which got slightly out of hand previously. ^.^;

Ants_27_
1st Oct 2009, 17:06
I understand where you're coming from but after being part of the Uncharted is a rip-off thread and seeing how daft the accusations were becoming (like I said in my previous post, some comments were more or less saying how if another character was seen hanging off a ledge in a render, it was obviously a rip off of TR); I was getting annoyed at the fact that the subject of TR being to only one allowed to do certain poses and what have you would show it's ugly head again.

You can understand while I'm getting a bit annoyed (it's not your fault though). Even though your intention was to be slightly comical, it still on a subject which got slightly out of hand previously. ^.^;

Bold - Yet here we are again.:lol:

I don't blame the person who posted the thread but just to those who seem delusional that TR has never copied from other games

LARALOVERnr1
1st Oct 2009, 17:52
I think its a little overreacting. i mean, Lara didnt invented guns, a tanktop or short pants after all, did she? OMG, SHE'S STEALING THEM!!!

RebeL_fARmeR
1st Oct 2009, 19:10
............... Ok, clearly I missed some kind of WWIII ultra-death showdown on the topic!
I'll sit in the corner and be good now!

That's the problem with forums though, sometimes you go away for a few months and you miss loads of stuff. Then return with an assumed "fresh" idea, which then turns out to be as stale as a Tesco's baguette!
Ah well. Live and learn.

Seriously though, get your baguettes from Asda! :D

tombraidergal
1st Oct 2009, 19:11
pants? ugh... to me that means underwear since i'm british. unless you mean it like underwear, doubt it. you mean trousers don't you? ugh...

Long posts are really annoying. :p

RebeL_fARmeR
1st Oct 2009, 19:42
Yay, I was good, I put "trousers".
I'm well behaved... MWAHAHAHAAAAAAA

You're in Yorkshire? Lucky you, don't move to Birmingham!!!
trust me

Rexie
1st Oct 2009, 19:53
Oh stop it.

There's no bloody need to sue people because Hollywood is bad.

RebeL_fARmeR
1st Oct 2009, 20:01
Uuuuugh, I'm going back to bed! :mad2:

lilhanhan
1st Oct 2009, 21:36
pants? ugh... to me that means underwear since i'm british. unless you mean it like underwear, doubt it. you mean trousers don't you? ugh...

Long posts are really annoying. :p

I'm British too *points to my location* but I don't usually say "trousers"; if I do I usually get funny looks from my friends who think that saying it is quite posh! I just call underwear, well "underwear" or "duds". :p

Sorry that you feel that long posts are annoying but to be honest I find them a lot more interesting than a post with just one sentence which doesn't really add anything to a discussion, they're a nice change once in a while; but each to their own I guess. :)

I'm with RebeL_fARmeR, I think I'll go to bed until this new thread blows over...

Actually, there should be a rule against any further "rip-off" threads being made; that way we won't end up spiralling out of control over nothing even if the situation was unintentional. It will never happen mind you, but at least I can dream. :p

_Love2Raid_
1st Oct 2009, 21:53
The similarities between those poses are striking, well, actually they are indeed identical. :)

What does it matter though? It only shows their lack of originality. :hmm:

Max 28
2nd Oct 2009, 00:20
Well it seems as if I've missed out on some fun. :D

HERE'S my point. I threw this together in 15 minutes. Just to make my point nicely. It's not about Rubi being SIMILAR to Lara in appearance, it's about her being nearly IDENTICAL. Behold - A spot-the-difference game!

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g110/RebeL_fARmeR/comp.jpg

I think what this can come down to is that it's a female character. And well, she has legs, and the characters are normally made to be sexy and good looking. So I think they've ended up looking the smae because they are both pairs of good looking legs. Sure it's not realistic that they do have the exact same legs but hey they look good.

Yes they're similar but think about it; how different can you look when you're in a simple pose? I'm not saying that I don't agree that they look similar; but I'm getting quite annoyed at the fact that people keep saying that every game lately is "ripping off" Tomb Raider. It's not like Tomb Raider is the most original game in the world...

I know this is a Tomb Raider forum but I'm sure we all know that TR is not all that original when it comes to plots, etc.

Han made lots of good points but I just thought I'd say something that had some similarity to this. I have to say, it seems Lara Croft has almost had her time, and she's soon to be leaving. So it's like Lara can now move over and other characters can take the lead of action girls and stuff. But yeah, we can't hold on to small icons like the dual pistols being used, unless it's all used together and she is indeed Tara Loft - Grave Robber. :cool:

nikkinickels
2nd Oct 2009, 00:36
The similarities between those poses are striking, well, actually they are indeed identical. :)

What does it matter though? It only shows their lack of originality. :hmm:

hahah reminds me of that quote

"remind you of something?"-alister
"the king arthur myth yes. the similarities are striking."-lara

LC is Me
2nd Oct 2009, 00:59
-backslaps the OP with a wet newspaper-

GET.
------>

It's a STUPID POSE.
Who gives a crap?

If anyone sued for that, it's because they are desperate for money and extremely nitpicky.

Bampire
2nd Oct 2009, 01:16
Pointless thread, is Pointless.

http://arikia.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/facepalm1.jpg

JRod108
2nd Oct 2009, 03:03
I fail to see what the big deal is... :confused: If anything it looks like the Lara pic was edited to look like the Wet pic...

Bampire
2nd Oct 2009, 04:22
I fail to see what the big deal is... :confused: If anything it looks like the Lara pic was edited to look like the Wet pic...

I concur.

Dusk Knight
2nd Oct 2009, 05:42
Flattery is the sincerest form of imitation... or something.

From they waist down they both have a relatively generic military/mercenary look to me.
As far as the dual pistols go, John Woo probably has better grounds for a lawsuit than Eidos.

Similarity isn't a bad thing though. If Rubi didn't remind me of Lara, I probably would have ignored this game completely.
Thanks to the similarity, I played the demo and then decided not to buy it rather than just deciding not to buy it.

Ants_27_
2nd Oct 2009, 07:03
Just because there are female characters that are more popular than Lara does not mean they have a lack of originality nor are a rip off. If that is the case then how does one explain why Lara isn't the top of everyone's favourite gaming character any more.

Right, lets just go back to the typical 'omg uncharted iz a ripoff!!!!!!!!!' idea. If people continue to spout these accusations then why do most of these 'ripoff' games actually do things better than what TR does them.:lol:

Tihocan
2nd Oct 2009, 08:23
My cats breath smells like cat food.

RebeL_fARmeR
2nd Oct 2009, 10:20
-backslaps the OP with a wet newspaper-

GET.
------>

It's a STUPID POSE.
Who gives a crap?

If anyone sued for that, it's because they are desperate for money and extremely nitpicky.

Christ almighty! How in god's name did this happen?

I DIDN'T SAY ANYTHING ABOUT RUBI'S POSE

"SUE" WAS NOT MEANT TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY

Poses, personalities, gameplay, real-life lawsuits. HOW did my "Rubi dresses like Lara" thread come to this? Why did I even bother starting this cursed thread?
:mad2:

And OF COURSE the Lara pic was made to look like the WET pic, I mean, if I posted a pic of Lara in a fluffy shower robe, covered in luminous paint while sitting down then I can't say "hey look, they look the same". The whole point of matching the pose and colours
oh forget it.

This is amazing...

Tihocan
2nd Oct 2009, 10:38
I'm just going to add a different perspective here.

Take a look at the two pics. Are they similar? Yes. Almost to the point that if someone didn't know who Lara Croft was they would say, 'hey, they forgot to put the tatts on that Quake 2 Rubi model'.

Don't agree? Open your eyes a little bit.

Has anyone here seen the workings of a company's legal department? I have - and believe it or not, you show them those two pictures and they might very well pursue the issue - and with aggression. I can give you a popular example - a fan made a singular, never to be repeated figurine of Marcus Fenix to give to a mate. Epic's legal crew sent him a cease and desist.

The figure was in the form of a cartoony bobble head.

So, you may jump on the fARmeR's head here but what has been said, even in jest, pretty much sums up an entire job description for someone.

How about we all just say - lol, RebeL_fARmeR, omg old - let this thread die, and get on with our lives.

RebeL_fARmeR
2nd Oct 2009, 10:55
Either let the thread die or just shoot it in the head out of mercy! Either works.

This whole thing has just gone way off on a tangent... And I'm sat here with people saying DIRECTLY to me "oh stop promoting suing people, don't be ridiculous, that's just silly" (not meaning you just, Darksayan)

IT WAS A JOKE!

A JOKE!!!!!!!!!

Daaah!

Tihocan
2nd Oct 2009, 11:06
So I think they've ended up looking the smae because they are both pairs of good looking legs. Sure it's not realistic that they do have the exact same legs but hey they look good.

Yes, I agree, this thread should have spiralled out of control into one of posting pictures of womens legs.

Tara Loft - Grave Robber. :cool:

Sounds like a great game! I wonder if Epic, or Naughty Dog will steal it.

RebeL_fARmeR
2nd Oct 2009, 11:08
Yes, I agree, this thread should have spiralled out of control into one of posting pictures of womens legs

Well, spiralled off for every other reason, one more wouldn't hurt! ;)

Rexie
2nd Oct 2009, 16:30
[CENTER][COLOR="Olive"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Pointless thread, is Pointless.

[img]http://arikia.files.word

Now with video!

13eDfrMgFQM

LC is Me
2nd Oct 2009, 19:07
Christ almighty! How in god's name did this happen?

I DIDN'T SAY ANYTHING ABOUT RUBI'S POSE

"SUE" WAS NOT MEANT TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY

Poses, personalities, gameplay, real-life lawsuits. HOW did my "Rubi dresses like Lara" thread come to this? Why did I even bother starting this cursed thread?

And OF COURSE the Lara pic was made to look like the WET pic, I mean, if I posted a pic of Lara in a fluffy shower robe, covered in luminous paint while sitting down then I can't say "hey look, they look the same". The whole point of matching the pose and colours
oh forget it.

This is amazing...

Oh, I'm sure this was a joke...as soon as people starting munching your chops.

You made the thread for a reason, and we all know the reason: to whine and moan over something stupid.
So, I still smack you with a wet newspaper, request that a mod close this very pointless thread, and that you try to be a little better in the delivery of your supposed "jokes".

Bad idea was bad.

oraclebop
2nd Oct 2009, 20:00
You know what I say to all of this?!

What Yahtzee said: Hollywood isn't original and everything just copies things and adds something else, voila! You have the finished product. :rolleyes:

Course, when he said it, it was way more funnier. :D

LC is Me
2nd Oct 2009, 20:25
You know what I say to all of this?!

What Yahtzee said: Hollywood isn't original and everything just copies things and adds something else, voila! You have the finished product. :rolleyes:

Course, when he said it, it was way more funnier. :D

Yahtzee is a funny guy.

JRod108
2nd Oct 2009, 22:19
Yahtzee is a funny guy.

I thought I was the only one that watched Zero Punctuation... :D

Bampire
3rd Oct 2009, 01:47
Now with video!

13eDfrMgFQM

:lol: Yes! Win!

Max 28
3rd Oct 2009, 10:09

You made the thread for a reason, and we all know the reason: to whine and moan over something stupid.
So, I still smack you with a wet newspaper, request that a mod close this very pointless thread, and that you try to be a little better in the delivery of your supposed "jokes".

Bad idea was bad.

Oh jeeze guys. Did you think he was serious? I don't think you are familiar with RebeL_fARmeR. I added my serious thing but I could understand poking a bit of fun at it. This has gone crazy. But yeah a shame not in the pictures of legs direction...:p

But I don't get saying that they'd say Rubi copied off Lara. WET is new is it not? So you're saying it is the most slowest game in the history to be made, it started before 1996, and Toby saw Rubis legs and stole the idea? :confused: Ummm.....

LARALOVERnr1
3rd Oct 2009, 17:59
Now with video!

13eDfrMgFQM

You made me laugh so hard! :lol: :lol: :lol:

tombraidergal
3rd Oct 2009, 18:02
NOOO star trek. my mums BF is obsessed! AHHH!

Anyway, now that you've posted the lara and WET comparison, i feel a need to draw them both now. Excellent. :p

RebeL_fARmeR
3rd Oct 2009, 18:56

Bad idea was bad.

"You made the thread for a reason, and we all know the reason" No, no. you ASSUME the reason. An assumption is an artificially created fact, it has no truth value and stands for nothing. If "we all" believes that I posed this just to whine and moan, well, I can't stop him, but "we all" is wrong!
In the interest of fact and truth (I love those guys). I did post this thread for ONE reason: The reason was to show people that a new character had emerged that looked like Lara and I wanted to hear what other people thought about it in a friendly and constructive discussion... But unfortunately, said "healthy discussion" turned into a bedlam of flame-fest 2009.

"Be careful with the delivery of your supposed "jokes"
...... :hmm:......... If a clown threw confetti on you, would you just punch him?

I mean, Christ, it's like I did something wrong...
Go back to the start of this thread, look at what I posted, and if you can truly believe it was a deliberate malicious post designed to invoke whining and moaning and real-life prosecution of a rival games company, then dude, you can beat me accross the head with a newspaper 'till the cows come home.

JRod108
3rd Oct 2009, 22:11
Oookay.... So, I went back and read your first posts and it looked like you were serious. I'm sorry, but if you want people to laugh at your jokes, then maybe you should do a better job at delivering them. Yes, the reaction to your thread was a little too much on the flame side, but really what did you expect? You even posted a pic of Lara to compare against the WET pic.

naraku
3rd Oct 2009, 23:18
Well I think Rebel Farmer didn't mean for us to say, "Hey you're right, those two set of legs wear pants!"

Lara started wearing pants like in TR3, can't say that I was an enthusiast, I wasn't like, "Wow, Lara's wearing pants with boots and holsters!"

What Rebel is getting at here with the side-by-side Wet/ TR comparo is that they both have the same exact contrapposto. Hands are in the same place holding guns, legs could be a carbon copy. What he means is the Wet guys took a Lara 3d figure, did some adjustments and bang! you got Rubi.

It's a Lazy way to do things, but I can honestly see them doing that to save time, more time they could spend on gameplay etc. etc.

Everyone here is like, "Who cares big deal!"

Tihocan
4th Oct 2009, 02:31
Lara Croft and Tequila Yuen got drunk at an E3 afterparty, and ultimately had a baby girl. They named her Rubi and when she was 16 they sent her to Beatrix Kiddo to learn swordplay.

/thread

RebeL_fARmeR
4th Oct 2009, 15:28
Oookay.... So, I went back and read your first posts and it looked like you were serious.

Well, ok then. I guess if that's how you see it then that's how you see it.
Personally I don't see how it could be taken as a serious suggestion to sue... I mean, sniff sniff, I smell lawsuit, SUE SUE SUE is hardly a well-presented formal argument, but if in all truth you thought I was being serious then ok, accepted.

Agh, come on everyone, this thread's disintegrated into a stagnation of bad feelings. I mean, LC is Me, why are we arguing? Let's just kiss and make up!!!

hey, these are for you! :flowers:

C'mon, let's kiss and make up...

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g110/RebeL_fARmeR/kiss.jpg

Kiss the Lara for good luck.
She's not quite Buddah, but she'll do!

Unless you're a dude then, umm, kissing is not so good!......... Man hug ok?

Mr.Croft
4th Oct 2009, 16:00
When this subject was brought to the forum, it's an obvious no brainer that we've got a hardcore Tomb Raider fan! Sound the alarm mateys!

The fan is just protecting his personal belief that Lara Croft is -thee- only woman out there that can portray the 'tough woman' appeal that Lara naturally expresses to him. =o

I've seen WET on the shelves at blockbuster and such, but I promise I only looked at the woman for 2.3 seconds, a mere glimpse of the strange woman, and turned away. Do not worry Lara, you're still my number one. <3

Mr.Croft
4th Oct 2009, 16:05
It's perfectly natural to defend your woman Rebel, Have no fear, the woman not needith protection from thee, for she has dual pistols, and legs that go on for miles that can kick a Race horse (And in some cases, mutated Centaur's protecting the scion) back to ancient times. =]

RebeL_fARmeR
5th Oct 2009, 09:42
It's perfectly natural to defend your woman Rebel

How'd you know about that???

>_>

<_<

O_O

:lol:

Ooooh, my secret is out! :D

Mr.Croft
5th Oct 2009, 09:49
How'd you know about that???

>_>

<_<

O_O

:lol:

Ooooh, my secret is out! :D

Your secret was not so secret, every man should protect their woman!

RebeL_fARmeR
6th Oct 2009, 19:24
Yack, finally back online after my computer decided to erase my internet connection, stop me making a new one, created a phantom DVD drive, went slow and took away my admin rights......

Format c:\

:D

Fresh, shiny windows!

Dude, this is real, I got a LOT of people in school who thought I was in love with Lara!
Y'know, I like the lady an all, but...

Though take care of my woman... oh yeah, now that's one thing I excell at! <3