PDA

View Full Version : I guess some things are too good to ask for.

JackieFiest
1st Oct 2009, 01:22
This close to graduation I decided to expand from strictly media classes and take some PR.

I had to write a press release for my first assignment, so I wrote one "announcing" that DC Entertainment was bringing back B:TAS and making new episodes. lol

http://www.fisherists.com/Jackies Junk/batman.docx

I made threw the logo together myself because I couldn't find one I like.

BTW Incase anyone gets too excited, no this isn't real.

EliteF50
1st Oct 2009, 11:49
Why did you do that to us? I want BTAS back on the air so badly. :(

JackieFiest
1st Oct 2009, 14:21

Me too. :( If they made more, that'd be awesome. But I'd be happy just to have the old ones back.

EnragedSith
1st Oct 2009, 15:45
You could always get the DVD's

As for new B:TAS, that's pretty much not going to happen. The show has largely ran its course and Batman Beyond and Return of the Joker limit the directions that a new B:TAS could take.

Drazar
1st Oct 2009, 15:48

Me too. :( If they made more, that'd be awesome. But I'd be happy just to have the old ones back.

Disney XD has it. You guys could always just get the DvD collection. It's a thing of beaty. ;)

JackieFiest
1st Oct 2009, 17:09
Disney XD has it. You guys could always just get the DvD collection. It's a thing of beaty. ;)

I tried checking for Disney XD when I first heard you say that, but it doesn't run here in my area. And, getting the DVD collection is on the top of my list, it's just a tad expensive...and I'm saving money for Christmas vacation right now. So, it's going to be awhile. :(

And I don't know that the show has necessarily "run it's course" as was said. I've met a few people who were on the fence about purchasing B:AA until they heard voice actors from B:TAS was involved and that was the final thing that made them decide to purchase the game. The fact that Conroy and Hamill were involved was a huge selling point. We came to know these people as these characters with B:TAS as the starting point for that, and in 2009 it still draws.

EnragedSith
1st Oct 2009, 18:01
I meant story wise the series has run its course, there's very few new plot lines left to explore

Most of the main rogues gallery has been exhausted (The Joker's fate has been sealed, Two Face is off the nut with a third personality, etc)

What sort of stories are left?

Nightwing learning about Bruce and Barbara being 'together? Maybe if the show were on an [adult swim] timeslot, but that ain't going to happen

JackieFiest
1st Oct 2009, 18:06
When the old stories are told, you write more. There are too many characters in the Batman mythos to say there are no more stories to tell.

Drazar
1st Oct 2009, 18:32
I believe DCAU had the perfect ending. Bruce had his son and Terry continued to live as Batman. Now Batman Beyond is getting it's own mini-serie comic thats coming out next year and whatnot.

Superman still fought crime and his new suit was pretty nifty. Tho Beyond universe has alot of stories left to tell such as the missing Aquaman and what happened to Wonder Woman and the near-apocalypsis of 2009.

But really i don't know would i want BTAS to come back. I mean i'd be fine if its something the crew would want, but Hamill recently retired as the Joker as he was "getting tired of it".

JackieFiest
1st Oct 2009, 18:41
When did he say that?...

..or where rather?

Drazar
1st Oct 2009, 18:43
He's been talking about it since last summer pretty much. (http://www.gametrailers.com/episode/gametrailers-tv/66?ch=4&sd=1) That interview is just one example. He also talked about it at Comic Con. He did admit he would love to do a voice adaptation for "The Killing Joke" tho.

JackieFiest
1st Oct 2009, 19:34
Well, to be honest, esp as an admitted fan girl of his interpretation of the character, it's a big disappointment. But, the show must go on. I don't see any reason to put the the whole of the mythos on hold for one man. Even if B:TAS isn't brought back, we can't remove the most famous villain from the series because Mark Hamill doesn't want to play him. There are two famous sayings, "anyone can be replaced" and "the show must go on".

Drazar
1st Oct 2009, 20:06
Do you watch Batman: the Brave and the Bold? I enjoyed Jeff Bennet's performance as the Joker. He voiced Creeper in BTAS. :)

JackieFiest
1st Oct 2009, 20:10
No, I hate seeing Bruce as an old man sitting in the background. :(

Drazar
1st Oct 2009, 20:14
Thats Batman Beyond!

JackieFiest
1st Oct 2009, 20:40
Thats Batman Beyond!

Oh. LOL My bad. Sorry.

If The Brave and the Bold is the one I'm thinking, no I haven't seen it. I saw a picture of the Harley from that show she looked really weird.

I dunno, maybe I'm screwing myself but I've always preferred B:TAS because, despite the fact that was a children's cartoon, it had a **** ton of credibility because it was coming via Bruce Timm and Paul Dini. Hearing Dini say that Conroy will always be the true Batman, and the same with Hamill as the Joker, I guess I've kind of closed my mind off to these other interpretations. I mean, who can do Harley better than Dini, or voice her better than the woman she's based on? With these other shows, I feel like I'm getting a reshashed Batman.

Are Dini or Timm involved with The Brave and the Bold?

Drazar
1st Oct 2009, 20:43
Harley Quinn isn't part of Brave and Bold, so you must be thinking of "The Batman" show.

Timm works for DC Movies nowdays, but he had a cameo in Brave and Bold. Dini wrote 1 episode for Brave and Bold and probably will write few more in the future, tho thats just my wishful thinking but the guy seems really positive on the show.

Andrea Romano choose the voice cast for Brave and Bold as she did for Batman the animated serie, and she hit the nail on each character once again. :thumb:

EliteF50
1st Oct 2009, 20:45
Brave and the Bold sucks isn't that good...

Lol, sorry, Drazar. But honestly, I watched a few episodes, and I hate it.

Andrea Romano choose the voice cast for Brave and Bold as she did for Batman the animated serie, and she hit the nail on each character once again. :thumb:

Really? Why didn't she choose Kevin Conroy?

JackieFiest
1st Oct 2009, 20:47
Harley Quinn isn't part of Brave and Bold, so you must be thinking of "The Batman" show.

Timm works for DC Movies nowdays, but he had a cameo in Brave and Bold. Dini wrote 1 episode for Brave and Bold and probably will write few more in the future, tho thats just my wishful thinking but the guy seems really positive on the show.

LOL Ok, then it's official, I've never seen The Brave and the Bold.

Edit: And if there is no Conroy, I doubt I will.

Looks like it's Batman Beyond for me, if anything.

Drazar
1st Oct 2009, 20:50
Brave and the Bold sucks isn't that good...

Lol, sorry, Drazar. But honestly, I watched a few episodes, and I hate it.

Well each for their own as they say. :thumb:

Really? Why didn't she choose Kevin Conroy?

Why should she? I mean not all Batman related media needs Conroy, infact i'm starting to believe even Conroy doesn't want to be part of all Batman related media things. Just like Hamill retired as the Joker.

LOL Ok, then it's official, I've never seen The Brave and the Bold.

Edit: And if there is no Conroy, I doubt I will.

Looks like it's Batman Beyond for me, if anything.

Well each for their own i guess. :thumb:

Old_BenKenobi
1st Oct 2009, 20:56
Kevin Conroy wouldn't work for Brave and the Bold. Diedrech Bader has a much more sleuthty voice with an air of bravado that makes that Batman pretty damn funny. It's so exaggerated and silly, it's what's fun.

But Conroy is making a cameo, if I'm not mistaken.

Brave and the Bold is a really awesome series. Their Aquaman is amazing. And they do a really good job with every character they do, ranging from the Question to Two-Face. I recently watched the clip where Batman and WIldcat team up to take down Bane. That was good stuff. Helps that Wildcat was voiced by R. Lee Erney. With Andrea Romano you know you're gonna get good voices.

EliteF50
1st Oct 2009, 21:11
Why should she? I mean not all Batman related media needs Conroy, infact i'm starting to believe even Conroy doesn't want to be part of all Batman related media things. Just like Hamill retired as the Joker.

Maybe, but Mark actually has others jobs. If Kevin's agency wasn't a piece of crap, he'd have more things to do.

Drazar
1st Oct 2009, 21:23
Maybe, but Mark actually has others jobs. If Kevin's agency wasn't a piece of crap, he'd have more things to do.

We can never know why Conroy doesn't do much other works nowday and yes Old Benkenobi is right. Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill are guest starring in Batman: the Brave and the Bold along with Julia Newmar and Adam West.

JackieFiest
1st Oct 2009, 21:32
I think this is one of those things where I just have to accept I'm not going to get my way.

When B:TAS came out, I really enjoyed it. When I got iTunes I started downloading the episodes I couldn't live without until I get the money to get the whole series. Now, that I'm older, and I have the money to show my support for a series I like, it doesn't matter anymore.

Hamill made his own decision, but it's just a bit disappointing that B:AA was so successful because of the voices from B:TAS, but there still is no outlet for something that could be really successful. All the people who were 12-18 when this show was out are now in our late 20's to mid thirties. That demographic is the most advertised to demographic because that's the age people are graduating from college and starting a new life, or moving on from just starting that new life and settling into a home/family etc. As a result, we spend more money. Two million units sold in three weeks shows that these people moved on Arkham Asylum. Why not make some more money with a formula that worked?

Drazar
1st Oct 2009, 21:39
I'm not sure what you're trying to say across. Arkham Asylum sold because it was a great game. Conroy and Hamill have voiced in other Bat-related video games and i didn't buy those because it had them, i didn't buy them because they weren't reviewed well at all.

Batman: the Brave and the Bold is a good example on how even the craziest formulas can work. The Dark Knight was a dark movie and Brave and Bold is light and fun, yet its on the top 3 shows of Cartoon Network and one of the most wanted children shows right now. Does this mean we need lighter Batman movies or games since a tv serie formula worked? Nah.

JackieFiest
1st Oct 2009, 21:57
What I'm trying to say is that there was B:TAS that had a group of select names involved in it.

Dini, Timm, Conroy, Sorkin, Hamill to name a few.

17 years later, these names came along and were hugely successful again, across all demographics. I was really hopeful that that, mixed with the formation of DC Entertainment, that these same names would be willing to come together and continue the winning formula, maybe another tv show.

But, until today, I was unaware that Hamill had lost interest in the series and that Conroy was involved so much less. I understand that actors do projects, then move on. But when something is so successful, I was hopeful it would perk up everyone to maybe give it another go.

But, as I said, sometimes, we just don't get our way.

There is still always the comics tho, thank God.

Drazar
1st Oct 2009, 22:02
You keep ignoring Andrea Romano's name. =P She is one of the big stars by being the person who chose these voice actors in the first place. Not to mention James Tucker is the producer for Batman: the Brave and the Bold and he learned the stuff from Bruce Timm. James Tucker is a big part of the BTAS and he keeps the Batman animation alive. :thumb: While Timm keeps making movies, Paul Dini writes few episodes here and there but mainly is on the comics. Romano is the voice cast director and whatnot.

JackieFiest
1st Oct 2009, 22:09
You keep ignoring Andrea Romano's name

Actually, I haven't. I've been researching her ever since her name started coming up a lot. She does seem to be widely respected in the DC cartoon universe. And, she looks almost exactly like my mentor here at my university.

I'm not getting too far tho. LOL I'm at work and one of my RAM sticks seems to have fizzled out. I'm running on 512 mbs right now. GRRRRRRRR I have to wait before my boss comes back to open the cabinet so I can install another gig...so...I'm learning but at a snails pace. Does anyone know if she has an official website or anything?

Edit: Im going to hijack my own thread for a second for "lulz"

http://ihasahotdog.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/funny-dog-pictures-bat-signal.jpg

kain9998
1st Oct 2009, 22:23
I am sort of with both of you guys on this one.
Brave and The Bold is a awsome show in my opinion, alot of people don't like it, but I loved what I have seen of it.
I am not saying that I don't want B:TAS to come back with new episodes though. If this happened I would love that more then anything, but for now I am good with Brave and The Bold. :D

fatal shadow
1st Oct 2009, 22:42
I like B:TAS, The Brave and the Bold, and Batman Beyond.

kain9998
1st Oct 2009, 22:52
I like B:TAS, The Brave and the Bold, and Batman Beyond.

I need to watch more Batman Beyond. I havn' seen enough of it.
:(

JackieFiest
2nd Oct 2009, 03:22
I don't think I will like it, but I will watch it now that I'm at home without a zillion distractions.

Abeja
2nd Oct 2009, 03:45
I thought Batman TAS came on Boomerang as well? Ive only seen it on Saturdays at 11PM.

Drazar
2nd Oct 2009, 11:50
Yeah i heard that aswell. =p It also airs in Finland along with Brave and Bold! <3 :D

JackieFiest
2nd Oct 2009, 14:57
Yeah i heard that aswell. =p It also airs in Finland along with Brave and Bold! <3 :D

GRRR Figures

BTW So, I've been researching some of these other shows you guys have been talking about an one that I've really been enjoying is the Justice League. I tried the other Batman shows. Batman Beyond I enjoy to a point. But the others don't do it for me. The Batman, Teen Titans, Batman Beyond (to an extent) and The Brave and the Bold seem like they are very obviously intended for those WAY out of my age group.

Old_BenKenobi
2nd Oct 2009, 21:07
GRRR Figures

BTW So, I've been researching some of these other shows you guys have been talking about an one that I've really been enjoying is the Justice League. I tried the other Batman shows. Batman Beyond I enjoy to a point. But the others don't do it for me. The Batman, Teen Titans, Batman Beyond (to an extent) and The Brave and the Bold seem like they are very obviously intended for those WAY out of my age group.

The Batman and Teen Titans were definitely more for kids and less enjoyable for adults, but Batman Beyond is the most adult and depressing (imo) Batman cartoon ever made. Funny, since it was proposed as a super kid-friendly series to sell toys. Bruce Timm is the man.

Brave and the Bold is very kid friendly, but it has a sly humour that older Batfans will pick up on and despite the subject matter it's really well written and doesn't shy away from mentioning death or using guns (unlike other series, where they use euphemisms like "destroy" and use laser guns). There are loads of Mythology Gags in the show. It's great because kids just being introduced to Batman will just enjoy seeing him kick ass and thinking it's the greatest thing ever, and older Batfans will see the humour in it, and may also appreciate Batman going back to his Silver Age roots.

Justice League is an absolutely fantastic show though. So many great episodes, some with Batman, some without. And then once you get into Justice League: Unlimited you meet new characters like Aquaman, Green Arrow and (my favourite) the Question.

Drazar
2nd Oct 2009, 21:21
I didn't like Justice League's Aquaman that much. I mean he had a awesome design but the character itself was more whiny than Outrageous! :D Justice League is one of the best shows of all time, the conclusion and everything was spot on.

Tho i have to admit. Brave and Bold has become my number uno show. :thumb: I mean i don't consider it better than BTAS, I consider them both best at what they represent. Brave and Bold just goes more to the nostalgia Batman i'm aware of. While the setting is highly Silver Age. It's also very 70s Batman with a mix of humour and seriousness. :)

JackieFiest
2nd Oct 2009, 21:33
I didn't like Justice League's Aquaman that much. I mean he had a awesome design but the character itself was more whiny than Outrageous! :

I think I saw him today. Someone he kept calling "brother" tried to have him killed when he came up to talk to the "surface dwellers". Then, just as "brother" had his own men turn against him....I had to leave. :( So I dunno what happened after that. I'll check when I get home.

Drazar
2nd Oct 2009, 21:39
Sounds like you're up for an Outrageous adventure Jackie Fiest!

Old_BenKenobi
2nd Oct 2009, 22:09
I didn't like Justice League's Aquaman that much. I mean he had a awesome design but the character itself was more whiny than Outrageous! :D Justice League is one of the best shows of all time, the conclusion and everything was spot on.

Tho i have to admit. Brave and Bold has become my number uno show. :thumb: I mean i don't consider it better than BTAS, I consider them both best at what they represent. Brave and Bold just goes more to the nostalgia Batman i'm aware of. While the setting is highly Silver Age. It's also very 70s Batman with a mix of humour and seriousness. :)

I actually haven't seen any episodes of JL with Aquaman. I saw a certain clip where he had to escape mortal peril and was rather :eek:, but I haven't seen an entire episode.

I don't think anything could top Brave and the Bold'a Aquaman though. He's awesome, especially with Batman as the ultimate straight-man.

I just watched the episode where Bats went back in time to fight demons with Sherlock Holmes. The demons are weak to wrought iron. And Batamn just happens to carry a wrought iron Batarang with him. :lol:

JackieFiest
2nd Oct 2009, 22:10
Sounds like you're up for an Outrageous adventure Jackie Fiest!

LOL I guess we'll see.

I noticed a few people have been posting fan fics so I decided to throw my hat in the ring. I'm working on one now. So, maybe I will watch Aquaman after. :)

Drazar
2nd Oct 2009, 22:31
I actually haven't seen any episodes of JL with Aquaman. I saw a certain clip where he had to escape mortal peril and was rather :eek:, but I haven't seen an entire episode.

Yeah during early 2000s DC gave Aquaman this "King Conan" treatment. Morrison knew how to use the Conan-Aquaman pretty well. Check out yourself! (http://i36.tinypic.com/2exrpu1.jpg)

I don't think anything could top Brave and the Bold'a Aquaman though. He's awesome, especially with Batman as the ultimate straight-man.

Where Batman goes, adventure follows!

I just watched the episode where Bats went back in time to fight demons with Sherlock Holmes. The demons are weak to wrought iron. And Batamn just happens to carry a wrought iron Batarang with him. :lol:

Man that episode is awesome and very serious one too. Jason Blood almost gets immolated. Gentlemen Ghost gets killed off-screen. Gentleman Ghost keeps sucking peoples' souls and whatnot. That episode is really one of my favorites. :thumb:

LOL I guess we'll see.

I noticed a few people have been posting fan fics so I decided to throw my hat in the right. I'm working on one now. So, maybe I will watch Aquaman after. :)

Have fun. :thumb:

Old_BenKenobi
2nd Oct 2009, 22:34
Holy crap Drazar. Aquaman is a beast!

Drazar
2nd Oct 2009, 22:36
http://i33.tinypic.com/waitqo.jpg

Old_BenKenobi
2nd Oct 2009, 23:30
:lol:

Awesome pic.

JackieFiest