PDA

View Full Version : No Grapple or dechiper of Arkham emblems

Sinster
29th Sep 2009, 20:21
I'm at the part where Ivy's vine blocks you way. I jump down and see the Arkham spider emblem and it does nothing and I also don't have a Grapple options when I go around the corner to get out. I purchased the game via steam.

AMD 940 PII 3.0 ghz
ASUS M3A79-T-Deluxe
OCZ Reapers 1066 - 4 x 1gb
2 x 4870 in CF.

lawsie
29th Sep 2009, 20:28
well, now this is a total guess since you were not so clear... are you trying to exit botanical gardens and your at the bit where you go through the floor, then there is a ledge to grapple? It seems a few people have this problem actually, do a search and you may find you answer.

Sinster
29th Sep 2009, 20:32
well, now this is a total guess since you were not so clear... are you trying to exit botanical gardens and your at the bit where you go through the floor, then there is a ledge to grapple? It seems a few people have this problem actually, do a search and you may find you answer.

Yes exactly.. But why wouldn't I be able to decipher the Arkham emblem.

Smashman
29th Sep 2009, 20:35
Please provide Screenshots of places you are stuck.
kthx

Sinster
29th Sep 2009, 20:35
BTW my GFWL is JetFixxxer

Geistertanz
29th Sep 2009, 20:40
Can you try a restart from checkpoint and get the sequence, where the vine blocks you out again? Maybe something that was supposed to be triggered, didn't trigger during the dequence.

Sinster
29th Sep 2009, 21:08
I tried to do a ss but when I paste it into GIMP it's just a black ss.

Also nothing seems to be working. I found Jokers riddles and it's not registering.

WTH - now I get grappling icon and it pulls me through the wall into nowhere's land.

Is there a way to go back a level? I started another game but really don't want to.

Zagadka
29th Sep 2009, 21:43
I've had problems getting the Arkham scarabs, too.

Smashman
29th Sep 2009, 21:46
Restart from Checkpoint.

Sinster
29th Sep 2009, 23:28
Restart from Checkpoint.

I have several times.

Sinster
30th Sep 2009, 00:18
Since this level
1.) I can't grapple out
2.) I can't decipher Scarabs
3.) None of Riddler's riddles are registering.
4.) Grapple Icon shows and pulls me out of the map.
5.) I can't go back a level..

I have restarted the damn game over.. and let me say I'm not a happy camper.. EIDOS little pirate deterrent just screwed me.

Sinster
30th Sep 2009, 02:01
Got everything working except the grappling to exit the level and being able to pull myself out of the map!!

Is there something that can be done?

Inzane
30th Sep 2009, 10:08
not calling you a pirate, but are you using a cracked exe, a copy of you orginal, or have a virtual drive installed??

Sinster
30th Sep 2009, 12:56
not calling you a pirate, but are you using a cracked exe, a copy of you orginal, or have a virtual drive installed??

I purchased it via Steam. No I don't have the cracked.exe., no virtual drive, and it's the original game.

Sinster
30th Sep 2009, 17:32
Anyone?

Thorguild
1st Oct 2009, 04:02
I'm right where you are and have the exact issue. At two other points in the game I had the issue also. Before, I reinstalled the game and was able to find a grapple spot. (I also have been pulled through the walls into the "dark night".)

This time the reinstall did not work. I just see the "x" symbol where the grapple would normally show.

I'd love some help here.

Inzane
1st Oct 2009, 19:21
This may be steam related. A conflict with the steam launcher and protection. I had issues with another game I got off steam. steam patched it than it was fine. have you checked with STEAM support?