PDA

View Full Version : Patch v1.2?

JimminyFinch
29th Sep 2009, 10:30
Yeah, we need this patch. To fix everything. Supporting my point would be all the other threads about difficulties that many, many people are suffereing from. Eidos, please, fix it! I really wanna play the game i waited months for! :hmm::(

ann0x
29th Sep 2009, 11:12
agreed and i hope eidos read their own forums.

but it might take some time, considering all those problems mentioned here. its better if they take some time and figure out how they can fix every single problem, than if they just throw in a quick patch which fixes only half or adds even new ones.

and again, i think 1.1 is causing some of the problems.

jaywalker2309
29th Sep 2009, 11:19
Hi, yeh we are reading the forums :) Its not my place personally to say anything about another patch, however the developers are reading everything on here.

The_Hylden
29th Sep 2009, 11:31
You guys have been great. Patch out right after launch, addressing issues as they come, having ANYONE ALIVE ON STAFF, lol. My goodness, if 1/100th of this attention could have been put forth for Atari's Ghosbusters....

InCubati0n
29th Sep 2009, 12:20
Yeah it would be great to see Batman: AA getting patched. Its a really great game but needs serious fixing (especially crashes, exploits). Jay, can you clarifiy, if another patch is in work ?
Thanks in advance.

ann0x
29th Sep 2009, 12:22
That's great news!
Good support is always very much appreciated and remembered ;)

Jarri
29th Sep 2009, 14:57
GAME is GREAT!!!but need to be fixed that crashing.pls!!!

Smashman
29th Sep 2009, 18:52
It's not that simple guys..
First they have to find the problem
Then they have to find the cause.
Then they have to work out how to fix it.
Then they gotta code the fix.
Then they've gotta test it.
If it didn't fix it, rinse repeat.
When it's fixed, you may as well gather a lot of fixes into one and not force everyone to update too much.
Then they'll release.
All of this will take a month at least..
More at most.

So just be patient guys.

lawsie
29th Sep 2009, 20:14
i think for the most part it is bug free. I do know of some peoples problems but i have never witnessed any and i seem to be the majority. Of course those with problems will always be vocal about it and thus creates the illusion that the game itself is very buggy, which it is not.

Geistertanz
29th Sep 2009, 20:27
Yeah, I totally agreed with lawsie here. I have read my fare share of reviews on Arkham Asylum and all reviewers were full of praise for the amazing port and the way that even the controls with keyboard and mouse are well done.

Personally I only experienced a single glitch, which kept Batsie hanging at a ledge with no way to control him anymore. I restarted from the last checkpoint and thanks to the autosave at the last door I just passed through, it was no problem whatsoever.

The two problems that I remember most soundly from what I have read here so far can either be explained by firewall settings (I have to deinstall(!) ZoneAlarm... I know I know... everytime I want to log onto G4WL, but I am used to that problem ever since Fallout) or the game swallowing a flag here and there.

So far... amazing work! (Still keeping a copy of my savegames at all times... you never know... *grins*)

wicked_spider
29th Sep 2009, 22:25
i must say that till now there has been awsome support by the developers
with all the hardware for the pc's its hard to keep a game bug free
gj and hope we will see another patch soon !

yongkykun
30th Sep 2009, 01:53
I've finished the game and haven't got any problem from start to finish. So what would a patch do?

deders
30th Sep 2009, 03:37
I've finished the game and haven't got any problem from start to finish. So what would a patch do?

fix problems other people are having with various configurations

TheChosenOne
30th Sep 2009, 04:00
Not even 1 problem on my 3rd run. maxed out with physix maxed out.