PDA

View Full Version : Any plans for a sequel?

FlakMagnet
28th Sep 2009, 12:43
Title says it all really.

Are there any plans for a sequel at all? Would love to fight against some of Batman's other foes! And there is the whole of Gotham to base it in too!

Have enjoyed this game so much and am sure myself and many others would snap up the next one!

Fingers crossed.

Scarn
29th Sep 2009, 00:50
if they do make a sequel these are the things I want them to add. First off, they need to add the ability to hide in the shadows. I mean really every batman cartoon or comic always had batman hideing in shadows then pops out to grabe a hechmen. Second I wish they would upgrade the silent takedown so that you can drag a henchmen in to a corner while you are doing the takedown. also I hope that they get rid or the stiff walking its no realistic. it should be that if batman is in a room with 6 guys with guns that he walks half crouched but if batman is not in said room he could walk normally. And ofcourse more gagets and costumes. I hope edios reads my comment not that i expect them to.

FlakMagnet
29th Sep 2009, 07:50
I like your idea about dragging thugs off during a takedown. I remember quite a few times where using silent takedown leaves you in an open area, and dragging to a nice dark corner sounds like a great idea.

I know what yopu mean about the hiding in shaddown. Maybe the hiding in access tunnels is this game's equivalent of that? Really would not like to see the game moving more towards a stealth-only game. I think they have the balance just right at the moment with elements of stealth and plain beating thugs up.

I would definitely liked to have driven the Batmobile for a bit... but can see why that would not be easy on the island. Maybe the sequel can be set in Gotham where there are lots of open roads ;) And a finale against Penguin with Batman in his Batplane would be awsome!

Unstoppable
29th Sep 2009, 08:06
Knowing Eidos a sequel is already in the works.

Quanta
29th Sep 2009, 09:34
First off, they need to add the ability to hide in the shadows. I mean really every batman cartoon or comic always had batman hideing in shadows then pops out to grabe a hechmen.

It's always been my assumption that "hiding in the shadows" was a figure of speech, and not to be interpreted as literally hiding inside of a shadow. I mean, if we interpret the game's environments as the sort that Batman operates in on a regular basis, then it seems highly unlikely that it would be dark enough for most thugs to look at a given shadow and think that nothing is there, especially since Batman's suit is a black cowl and cape with a grey bodysuit. Then again, bad guys can't seem to think of looking up at the stone gargoyles hanging overhead to try and catch a glimpse of the guy, so maybe they are that stupid.

I would definitely liked to have driven the Batmobile for a bit... but can see why that would not be easy on the island. Maybe the sequel can be set in Gotham where there are lots of open roads

So instead of having our beautiful Metroidvania, we'd have GTA? Pass.

And a finale against Penguin with Batman in his Batplane would be awsome!

I find this odd, seeing as the Penguin is a mobster and probably doesn't want to enact a plan so epic in scope that it would require Batman to get into his plane and shoot him out of the sky. Nevermind that you'd be abandoning the game's entire combat system in order to fight the final boss, which is a serious faux-pas when you're designing any game since you'll have spent the entire game establishing the ruleset.

Anyways, I can't readily think of anything that would match the scope of this game. Maybe a plot with Mr. Freeze as the central villain would work.

ann0x
29th Sep 2009, 11:08
as i said in a similar thread, i really like this game the way they made it.
so for a sequel i would only like to have every feature expanded (more upgrades, more enemies etc., more complex combat (guess one more move would do)) but keep the basics as they are.
more like a big addon, if you will :)

FlakMagnet
29th Sep 2009, 11:57
@Quanta : Wow! Chill out man. Sounds like I offended you (which was not my intention at all). I am really hyped by this game after completing it last night, and just threw out some ideas as to what I think would be 'cool' in any sequel. I love the game as it is, but actually getting to use some of Batman's bigger gadgets sounds like fun :D

When I said it would be good to drive the Batmobile, I didn't mean for the entire game - just a small section. I don't want GTA either, but some sort of chase in the Batmobile to get to another location while running bad guys off the road or blowing them up doesn't sound like a bad idea to me :)

The idea of the Batplane came from the 'Batman' film (where Jack Nicholson played the Joker). Near the end of the film he gets to fly the Batplane - looked really cool and thought it would be fun in a future game.

Nemesis296
29th Sep 2009, 12:06
Nevermind that you'd be abandoning the game's entire combat system in order to fight the final boss, which is a serious faux-pas when you're designing any game since you'll have spent the entire game establishing the ruleset.

Have you ever played Metal Gear Solid 4? I can't imagine that you'd call that game a disaster when it abandons the control set for the entire game just for the final boss...