PDA

View Full Version : Multiple issues with Batman Arkham Asylum

kanghao21
27th Sep 2009, 14:50
Hello all, sad that I have to stop playing Batman but the problems that happened are frightening to be honest. Problems started to appear after I updated the game to v1.1. The game froze when I walked through doors, even though the issue did not occur on every door but it happens randomly causing me to either force-quit through task manager or the automated game termination and solution finding by vista. I reinstalled the game after vista crashed (blue screen) and auto-restarted to revert it back to v1.0. Even though the initial issue didn't persist, another issue came up.

The game froze with a, what can be described as, mosaic-like graphical error appearing. When I tried Alt+Tab away and back to the game the menu appears with the graphical error replaced by a black screen, even after trying all the options such as 'Resume' and 'Quit' nothing happens. Since this time I was running it in Windowed mode, I closed it successfully and tried it a few more times and this error persisted at the same exact spot. It was on the 4th try at seeing if the issue would be resolved, the Eidos, Warner Brothers, DC and rocksteady advertisement that is shown at the startup of the game now has error patches of multiple running colours that includes pink, yellow and green appearing around the various brand logos. I have not started gameplay after this incident in fear that it would burn out of graphics card. I ran Far Cry 2 to see if it was an issue with my graphics card and the game ran smoothly without any errors, glitches or crashes.

My computer is running on the following system:

Operating system: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ 32-bit Home Premium, Service Pack 2
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @2.67GHz 8 Core
Memory (RAM): 3.00GB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285
DirectX: 10.0
Resolution: 1920 x 1200

The display settings in the game:

Resolution: 1920 x 1200
V Sync: Y (Yes)
Anti-Aliasing: Disabled
Detail Level: Very High
Bloom: Y
Dynamic Shadows: Y
Motion Blur: Y
Distortion: Y
Fog Volumes: Y
Spherical Harmonic Lighting: Y
Ambient Occlusion: Y

The game is great and would really like to get back to the game as soon as I can, but with my graphics card burning out by a similar graphical issue in the past I'm trying to be extra cautious since my system is just over 1 month old. I would really appreciate it to hear from other PC gamers playing this game as well as official Eidos technical staff on these issues. Thanks fellas.

Smashman
27th Sep 2009, 14:54
By any chance did the mosaic glitch look like this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGk2z7KDCzI
If you're not very far in the game, you might not want to watch furthur than a few seconds, cause serious spoilers there.

kanghao21
27th Sep 2009, 17:52
Oh my gosh it really is and thanks for the heads up on not watching more then I should have. Guess the intended fear did worked on me lol. I ever once had the exact same thing happened to my radeon 9800XT and caused the card to burn out, that is why when I saw that similar 'glitch' it did scared me. However I'm still puzzled as to why I would have the game freezes and the blue screen occurred.