PDA

View Full Version : so much for this game will be great with all the mods.......

bughole5
27th Sep 2009, 07:26
meh :mad2.......so is it really worth paying 60 dollars for adventure games ?.....that once you beat you have no reason to go back to......personally i think its a wierd situation.........sometimes with some games you just want to buy them, and then theres games that you know you will only play once or twice and never touch in your life......bam piracy.........so where does this game stand for all of you....

The_Hylden
27th Sep 2009, 09:01
First of all, it's not $60 for the PC version. I bought mine through Amazon at $40., $43 with shipping. Second, it's a fantastic game as far as story and gameplay, and atmosphere and all else Batman. Third, there are challenge maps coming and I am sure someone's going to finally figure out how to get the Text.mod application to work fully for the game so we can use all of the suits we made, not to mention, we can then reskin the other characters. I think there's a lot coming, but even if it weren't, the game's awesome enough for me, for sure. One of the best games I've ever played. It's like a full adult season continuance of The Animated Series, with outstanding voicework and it looks fabulous. The challenge rooms are a blast as well.

Geistertanz
27th Sep 2009, 09:14
I second that! I bought some real disappointments when it came to games over the years. (Saints Row 2, Alone in the Dark 4, Lord of the Rings: Conquest to name a few)

Arkham Asylum is simply great and one of the best games that I got in the past few years. The graphics are amazing, the voice-over brings memories of the animated show (the good one!) back to life and also succeeds at bringing up some of the darker sides of the comics, that were never explored in the cartoon, and the music makes me think of Batman Begins and Dark Knight, everytime I hear it. The action never feels repetitive and it is a fun "asylum crawl". What more would you like in a game?

Ok, I will also enjoy the oportunity to finally start some why so serious modding here, but hey... until then I got a great game to play!

I definately know that I will play this game again and again... kind of like Legacy of Kain or Thief 3. I think Thief 3 is actually a fitting comparison. Let's just hope it doenst't take that long for the next game of the franchise to show up...

angelus0901
27th Sep 2009, 09:57
Yeah, $60 is too much... But in my country, a game costs $70 and more!! Now that's too much!!!! And they wonder why there's piracy... :mad2:
Now, luckily, there's Amazon... Not every game can be shipped to Croatia, but hopefully, they will fix that... especially for BAA Collector's Edition... I want it but can't order it... :(

Marcus
28th Sep 2009, 09:25
I'll pay £10+ to go watch a good movie for about 2 hours, or about the same to buy it on DVD several months later.

If a game offers me 8+ hours of fun for less than £40, why would I begrudge paying that? It's better value than a movie.

The_Hylden
28th Sep 2009, 10:26
I second that! I bought some real disappointments when it came to games over the years. (Saints Row 2, Alone in the Dark 4, Lord of the Rings: Conquest to name a few)

Arkham Asylum is simply great and one of the best games that I got in the past few years. The graphics are amazing, the voice-over brings memories of the animated show (the good one!) back to life and also succeeds at bringing up some of the darker sides of the comics, that were never explored in the cartoon, and the music makes me think of Batman Begins and Dark Knight, everytime I hear it. The action never feels repetitive and it is a fun "asylum crawl". What more would you like in a game?

Ok, I will also enjoy the oportunity to finally start some why so serious modding here, but hey... until then I got a great game to play!

I definately know that I will play this game again and again... kind of like Legacy of Kain or Thief 3. I think Thief 3 is actually a fitting comparison. Let's just hope it doenst't take that long for the next game of the franchise to show up...

Awesome! nother Legacy of Kain fan :D And I have been meaning for years to try out Thief. I do think I am probably missing out.