PDA

View Full Version : I should have skipped this game.

Alan92RTTT
26th Sep 2009, 02:55
Right now the price of this game seems like wasted money.

My first instinct is to never buy a console port.

I heard it was good, played the demo and it was damn good. But the demo hides the demon that is inside, a pile of stinking crap they call a save game system.

I can begrudgingly handle check point saves.
I can begrudgingly handle a check point save system that does not let you pick your load.

I can not handle a save game system that looses your save if you upgrade to a live account with no way to reconnect to the save game file that's sitting on your drive.

I can not handle a save game system that locks me from my save games because windows live is being stupid and I can't log in.

Save in a game like this is one of the most important features I have been playing PC games since the birth of the PC and never have I seen a save system that is as F'*@ked up as this is.

Its a shame, the game play is awesome and I had been telling my friends to buy it.

Now I will have to tell them to skip it.

/Rant

batmaster
26th Sep 2009, 10:22
The game for me worked 100%, i just need to do some challenge maps, there was only one problem. The final battle. He stands still, and do nothing. Then i restart and everything was fine :) .

Alan92RTTT
26th Sep 2009, 13:34
The game plays fine but it keeps eating my saves.

Smashman
26th Sep 2009, 14:09
I actually loved the Save Game system.
It's the only checkpoint save system that doesnt loose my save!
I can remeber playing games that claim they save every so often, but if I crash I'd loose all of that day's game.
This one worked flawlessly.

Alan92RTTT
26th Sep 2009, 14:41
Lucky you.

pleomax
26th Sep 2009, 15:59
I had no problems, I had live installed anyway for streetfighter 4 and batman logged me automatically offline to my account.

I played for a while and it was saving, i only logged in and entered my activation key for the patch and dlc, and the game just continued.

In fact i've had no problems with the game or challenges, but i do play with physx off, i think physx can cause crashes if your running it on a lower power card than recommended.

Zagadka
26th Sep 2009, 16:13
I only have the 1.1 PhysX prob.

As for checkpoints etc... the game checkpoints very frequently, always before a big fight, after cutscenes... healing is actually very natural (not picking up power ups or other crap). The keyboard/mouse controls are a bit crappy, but workable.

You just have a GFWL bug. It's a game, I assume you weren't going ot just play it once.

Smashman
26th Sep 2009, 16:20
The thing that does annoy me is, after you've actually completed the game and are merely obtaining Riddles the game bearly ever saves.
You have to actually find a save point before you quit.
I managed to lose 10 riddles that I had completed cause of this.
Luckily I was able to remember the position of them all and quickly got them back.
I would like a Save Game menu prompt at least after you've completed the game.

Zagadka
26th Sep 2009, 16:24
Does it still save when you go through a door?

I do prefer manual + fast saves, though.

On that note, I want to thank whoever came up with the idea to be able to quick-grapple when you fall down a pit or into poison, instead of starting over.

Smashman
26th Sep 2009, 16:47
Yeah it does seem to save when going through doors.
Just when I'm outside and looking for riddles I have to get to a door that takes me inside.
I would like Manual and checkpoint saves.
I agree with your sentiment Zag.
Quick grapple starts you over but only from the last jumping point.