PDA

View Full Version : BAA Crashing On Botanical Gardens

jorge_nava
25th Sep 2009, 17:15
Hi There,

So far i have been playing the game with no issues at all, it ran flawlessly and i must say i fell in love, but..Now I have got a major problem with the game when i get for the first time to the botanical gardens, when you're supposed to follow Harley Quinn's fingerprints...

After taking down all the bad guys inside the room and i go to open the door next to Harley's prints... Bam! the screen comes off all black and the only way to go is turning the computer off with the power button :confused:

There is no Audio stuttering or anything... the computer just goes black, my guess is that there is a cutscene after i open the door, but i don't know because i haven't got that far lol

My Specs are:
Intel Core 2 Duo T7500 2.50 Ghz
4 GB DDR2 667 Mhz
320 Enhanced IDE HD
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2600 XT 512 MB
20" Widescreen WSXGA W/ Ultra Brightview
IDT High Definition Audio 4.1 w/ HDMI Audio Out (7.1)
Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit (With Service Pack 1)

I updated the game via Live with the original serial and it shows 1.1 on the main screen, i am also running the game in 1440x990 16:9 screen resolution and so far i have no glitches at all on the graphics, i normally play around 45fps :)

Anybody could help me please? i would really appreciate it :)

Ace Antilles
26th Sep 2009, 23:59
Turn off PhsyX is on and lower other graphical settings to see if that helps. You can always up them again later.

Read the comments Jay from Eidos posts here and a possible Garden fix to download
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=96538

unreeel
27th Sep 2009, 03:17
Yes, I had a similar problem but doing that resolved it and so far so good.

amacaqueru
27th Sep 2009, 16:42
Turn off PhsyX is on and lower other graphical settings to see if that helps. You can always up them again later.

Read the comments Jay from Eidos posts here and a possible Garden fix to download
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=96538

I did what you said... and i still have that same problem :(

unreeel
28th Sep 2009, 03:11
Have you tried the Garden fix from Eidos?

Are you using Nvidia or ATI?

amacaqueru
28th Sep 2009, 19:40
Have you tried the Garden fix from Eidos?

Are you using Nvidia or ATI?

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2600... with the latest drivers...

urs
2nd Oct 2009, 20:41
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2600... with the latest drivers...
Same with me. I have the same GPU as amacaqueru.

urs
3rd Oct 2009, 09:12
Same with me. I have the same GPU as amacaqueru.

So i installed the potential garden fix, but without any luck.
Game hangs whole OS, only hard reset is possible :mad2:

urs
4th Oct 2009, 11:31
So i installed the potential garden fix, but without any luck.
Game hangs whole OS, only hard reset is possible :mad2:

Also after system reinstall and getting through the game from the beginning the crash still occurs :(

joseph8163
9th Oct 2009, 05:27
Hey I'm having the same problem as well... screen goes black after I open the door at the end of Harley's fingerprint trail... The garden patch didn't work for me as well

urs
11th Oct 2009, 10:36
I gave up this game - it's so frustrating. You can't even get saves from somebody else to get through this crash :(.

Jdr
12th Oct 2009, 03:25
I see the pattern is we all use Radeon 2600s. Maybe we should take this matter to ATi as it's more likely their issue over Eidos' issue.

BlackPanther
15th Oct 2009, 11:34
Hello. I've exactly the same problem. I use the same graphic card as well.

No chance to get passed that door, the screen goes black every time.

joseph8163
15th Oct 2009, 12:47
Yea same here... using an ATI 2600 card as well...

urs
18th Oct 2009, 17:15
Any updates on this topic ? :(

BlackPanther
19th Oct 2009, 10:39
Seems that so called technical support doesn't care for the minority...

Should be greatful that the game doesn't crashed on Gordon so I managed to complete 42% nevertheless :hmm:

joseph8163
19th Oct 2009, 13:03
Yea and it really sucks that they're not doing anything about it... All they did was recommend updating drivers or buying a better graphics card....

t4m5t3r
19th Oct 2009, 13:32
do you guys have any codec packs installed? last time I had crashes going into cut scenes it was because I had conflicting codecs installed.

I couldnt tell you the specific codec, but I would always recommened you never install codec packs on you gaming machine unless you absolutley have to and use VLC player to play your media files (plays pretty much everything and its free!)

Codecs may be unrelated as theres a few of you with the same card and issue, but thought I'd let you guys know just in case its any use.

P.S.

Ace Antilles had advised you turn the settings down, when you do this you should turn EVERYTHING down as low as it goes and test (if you havent already) however this is most likely not the problem as the cut scenes are effectively just video files so settings shouldnt really affect them. (although that doesnt mean they wont!)

joseph8163
19th Oct 2009, 14:31
Well now that you mention it.. I do have codecs installed... But why is it that only now when I'm halfway through the game (botanical gardens) the problem surfaces? I've been playing with smooth performance all the while...Anyway I think its definitely worth a try but I suspect the problem lies with the ATI card... people facing this botanical gardens glitch usually are using ATI cards...Oh and I tried playing it at the lowest specs but didn't work...Anyway thanks for the suggestion.... I'll give it a try and let you know...

joseph8163
19th Oct 2009, 15:28
Nope it doesn't work after all... It must be something to do with the ATI graphics card

BlackPanther
19th Oct 2009, 16:30
do you guys have any codec packs installed? last time I had crashes going into cut scenes it was because I had conflicting codecs installed.

Now when you mentioned that... I have a codec pack installed and the game probably frozes on the cutscene. Will give a try but I don't think it helps. That's is strange that it crashes in that one specific place :confused: There were cut scenes earlier and everything was okay.

Turning the settings down was the first thing I did.

LIGHTS
23rd Oct 2009, 20:48
@sam

BlackPanther
23rd Oct 2009, 21:23
Same problem... :(

Do you happen to use ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2600?

LIGHTS
23rd Oct 2009, 21:29
@eh

joseph8163
24th Oct 2009, 03:32
Hey do you guys occasionally get the blue screen crash when using yr computer for regular purposes? (not playing BAA game) The screen that says smth like "A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to protect the computer"

BlackPanther
24th Oct 2009, 14:13
Nope, don't think so.

And what card do you use?

Hey do you guys occasionally get the blue screen crash when using yr computer for regular purposes? (not playing BAA game) The screen that says smth like "A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to protect the computer"

Fortunately no. The game probably doesn't have anything to do with this. Do you use XP or Vista?

LIGHTS
24th Oct 2009, 20:14
#oy

joseph8163
25th Oct 2009, 04:20
Using XP.. ATi Radeon HD 2400 XT

BlackPanther
25th Oct 2009, 13:25
So it seems that the problem is with ATI Radeon card. We all use 2600 or 2400.

LIGHTS
25th Oct 2009, 13:30
@ehh

BlackPanther
25th Oct 2009, 14:03
It's strange because there was no problem with big open spaces and the game worked smoothly.

I don't believe nothing can be do about this. They should release patch, not pretend it "just has to be this way with some graphic cards". It's not an excuse. We all paid for the game and so we have a right to demand it work properly.

LIGHTS
25th Oct 2009, 14:15
#vawt

BlackPanther
25th Oct 2009, 18:05
Exactly. One question, I muted my volume and it seemed to well, it still crashes but... It seems that I got through a bit of the door before crashing. Before, it only crashed 1 second after opening. (I got this resolution from another site) and it tells me to disable my soundcard (Realtek) which is probably the problem here... I'm just wondering if it's safe to disable it? Could I enable it @anytime?

It looks similar in my case, the icon of the bat in the bottom right corner shows then instead of loading next location the black screen appears.

I tried that one too, with disabling the sound card. Didn't help either. However you can check this, maybe it will be different in your case. You can disable your soundcard in Device Manager. It is safe. You can enable it later.

However, it rather unlikely that Realtek card is conflicted with Radeon card. The problem must lie somewhere else.

LIGHTS
25th Oct 2009, 18:20
[#eh

LIGHTS
25th Oct 2009, 19:25
@lights

urs
24th Nov 2009, 20:17
Anything new with this case ?
FFS the game is unplayable :(

LIGHTS
28th Nov 2009, 19:19
@lifestream

glowprince
30th Nov 2009, 00:01
:mad2: BOTANICAL GARDENS is bugged :mad2: Now I instantly exit the game whenever I run in front of the MarthaThomasWayne statue in the Botanical's Statue corridor... I never had any other problems over there, and the error was 'APEXdestructible.dll' can't be found but it is already in my Binaries folder...:mad2::mad2::mad2:

Hello. I am a fellow gamer who had the same experience as you by that statue. I bought my game off of steam, and after I patched and got to this point, the game would crash to desktop. To fix it, I backed up my game folder, deleted local content via steam, and then re-downloaded the product. For some reason, it didn't even prompt me to load in my game files nor patch the game- it came with patch 1.1 and already had my files. Now I'm able to launch the game and make it past that statue!

If this doesn't work for you, my apologies, I know how frustrating it is. I haven't played this game for about a month because of this. I felt abandoned too and certainly will wait longer next time to buy a game that is so new.