PDA

View Full Version : i think i understand

BlackThor
25th Sep 2009, 01:14
i remember reading an article saying that eidos is working on the next TR game and when we play it we would say: oh laura i love you so much. meaning that we would love the new game. A few weeks later we get the new concept art that just about everyone hated. so i'm thinking they played a jedi mind trick on us where they release information to make us worried about the game so that the real idea would be considered great by comparison.

pinpal
25th Sep 2009, 01:28
yeah ok I think I get what your saying:scratch:

nikkinickels
25th Sep 2009, 02:30
maybe it's a cover for them or a test to see what we thing and how they react so that they know if they should do it or not :O now i'm really curious

JRod108
25th Sep 2009, 02:52
Watch out, don't let them suck you into this conspiracy... It's all a plot to get us to buy a game that is secretly controlled by aliens seeking to plant mind-controlling chips into our brains....

Nah, I don't know if this is real or not, so for now, I'm content to wait this out until we get some news.

Dusk Knight
25th Sep 2009, 03:58
i remember reading an article saying that eidos is working on the next TR game and when we play it we would say: oh Lara i love you so much. meaning that we would love the new game. A few weeks later we get the new concept art that just about everyone hated. so i'm thinking they played a jedi mind trick on us where they release information to make us worried about the game so that the real idea would be considered great by comparison.
Err... Sorry for the correction. Some of us have real issues with that... :o

I do believe that we were not meant to see that concept at that time. It's possible it was leaked on purpose, but if that's true then Eidos did an amazing job of puppeteering and making it seem like they didn't want it out there.

I do agree that a lot of people will most likely think the actual game is great in comparison to what they saw in the concept. But it may be a trick that they played on themselves...

tombraidergal
25th Sep 2009, 09:38
i thought exactly that when i saw the concept art. i posted about it somewhere on tr9 concept art thread too before this thread... hmmmm.

Pulse
25th Sep 2009, 15:36
Just about everyone hated? Maybe for a couple of days or so......

It seems that there are more people that like it than those who don't.

It also said it would be shocking, which the concept art was. And maybe the game is super freakin awesome and we will be saying "Lara I love you so Much!"

josh1122
25th Sep 2009, 19:30
I've actually not seen a person thats liked the concept 100%. I've only seen people that have liked bits and pieces and certain aspects of the concept art and the rumored concept behind the actual game.

Everyone I've seen comment on the game have said ''I definitely like this or that....but'' then they proceed to say something they don't like.

I feel most people have grown to all ready just accept it because the series is going to change genres pretty soon(if the concept art is real) and were going to just have to deal with it.

It's a do or die situation for CD in my opinion and I think it will do good with the non-fans but long time fans won't like it. That's just my own personal perspective, I could be wrong.

Personally, I'm concerned about this franchise, all ready CD's fourth TR game and its all ready a reboot.

CORE = 6 games then a reboot by CD came

CD = 3 games and now a reboot is coming

whats next? next developer makes one game and reboots this franchise again?

I'm probably the lone one here but im getting irritated by the rebooting

Bampire
25th Sep 2009, 21:01
I'm probably the lone one here but im getting irritated by the rebooting

Nah, you're not the lone-one on this part. I agree, I too am sick and tired of the constant Reboots. I honestly think that they should just work on something other then rebooting the game and just improve the stories, moving her on to the next best thing. Least Core did that in each game, giving Lara a new villain to play with in each game they produced.

Though, since they're considering on rebooting the franchise, they need to do some serious surveying from gamers. Get what they can from their fans, more from what they do now by checking these forums every now and then.

josh1122
25th Sep 2009, 21:06
Nah, you're not the lone-one on this part. I agree, I too am sick and tired of the constant Reboots. I honestly think that they should just work on something other then rebooting the game and just improve the stories, moving her on to the next best thing. Least Core did that in each game, giving Lara a new villain to play with in each game they produced.

Though, since they're considering on rebooting the franchise, they need to do some serious surveying from gamers. Get what they can from their fans, more from what they do now by checking these forums every now and then.

Honestly I think listening to the fans is an overall horrible idea,especially on these forums(no offense to anyone). But we as fans are clueless to what we even want in a game, so I think were the wrong people to even ask for help,even if we've been around since the beginning. Most of the fans judgement is clouded by what the franchise ''used'' to be rather than how it can improve in modern times

Bampire
25th Sep 2009, 21:20
Honestly I think listening to the fans is an overall horrible idea,especially on these forums(no offense to anyone). But we as fans are clueless to what we even want in a game, so I think were the wrong people to even ask for help,even if we've been around since the beginning. Most of the fans judgement is clouded by what the franchise ''used'' to be rather than how it can improve in modern times

True, but still. Keeping certain things from what the franchise had would be a good thing. We now know what made CD games so fun was the time trials, cheats, and whatnot. As we see TR:U isn't as fun as the other two games they've produced. The replayability is pretty much dead in that matter.

Yes, the fans are indecisive on what they want from the games, but everyone has an Idea of what they want from it. They want nostalgia back, the feeling of the old games, but with the improvements they would offer to the franchise.

I have read your posts from other threads and I do agree with most of them. The franchise will die eventually and there would be nothing to do to save it. Honestly, they just need to work on how to slowly put an end to it so it's not one of those "omfg another game, why wont it end?". Nothing like how sloppy Core did it, since at times they had no sense of what's going on in their plots/stories every now and then. Though at the same time they had a good idea to 'kill off' Lara and have a game based on stories of her life when she was younger, then eventually bring her back to life in a game with so much potential, yet so little success.

Though, I will have my hopes for this third reboot and hope for the best. We will see if the reboot will bring success, or failure. Only time will tell in the TR franchise.

BlackThor
26th Sep 2009, 15:22
i don't really think the genre of tomb raider really needs to change. i love the action adventure theme they have going for it. really it's main problem now would be underworld, and don't get me wrong underworld was great but it just shouldn't have been rushed. for example boss epic boss battles like each of the other games had, and in an interview the developers even stated that there were many better ways to explain what happened to Lara's(there i fixed it);) mother but they ran out of time. So really what i'm saying is that they just keep the current formula with some minor tweaks in the gameplay(i.e. combat) and most importantly take their time to do it right this time.