PDA

View Full Version : Stuck in the Batcave (57%)

Angelus34
23rd Sep 2009, 14:22
Hello,
I just got the Batclaw Upgrade and now i'm stuck in the batcave....
I pulled down the wall and see the hole in the roof but i can't use the grapple...
I've been looking for another way out, but since the plants block all the exits, i assume that this vent is the only way out.

Please help me !!

Marcus
23rd Sep 2009, 14:26
Do you have a hacked or pirated version of the game?

Angelus34
23rd Sep 2009, 14:28
I saw on some forums that putting on a crack and starting a new game could solve my problem, but honestly, i bought the game, played more than 50% of the game, solved 162/240 riddles, so you'll understand that i'm not happy with neither this solution nor that bug.....

Please tell me there's another way out !

Angelus34
23rd Sep 2009, 14:29
No, I got a legit version (bought on amazon.co.uk)

pleomax
23rd Sep 2009, 14:35
Have a good look around, i'm sure when people are stuck they immediately jump to the conclusion that it's bugged.

It might not be the right bit, since you revisit places a lot, but i remember moving some boxes with the batclaw to open up a way.

Also use the detective mode to scan the room, look at everything.

Angelus34
23rd Sep 2009, 14:39
Thanks for your reply, but i can't see other things to do.
The map displays 3 ways to enter/exit the batcave, 2 of them are blocked by plants and as i just obtained the batclaw upgrade, i'm pretty sure that pulling down the wall and grappling up the hole in the roof is the way out.

Believe me, i'd be more than happy if someone could give me another option to get out ^^

Lanarian
23rd Sep 2009, 14:44
Yep, that is the way out.. I find when the grapple point doesn't show up, if I move around it will, meaning that sometimes you have to be at the right angle to see it.
Hope that helps.

1Joker1
23rd Sep 2009, 14:44
It seems that you have an identical problem as I have.
There's no other way out from there.I've been searching that place for hours and seriously considering returning the game back to the store.

Try to restart the game,it might help.And download the patch.

Angelus34
23rd Sep 2009, 14:48
Thanks for your replies !
I've already move the camera for 20 minutes but i'll keep trying ;)
The patch (1.1) has been automatically downloaded when i launched the game for the first time, and i tried restarting the game and my computer but it didn't help....

Please Eidos, make a move !

Angelus34
23rd Sep 2009, 15:00
I understand you Joker, but this game is awesome and i certainly don't want to return the game !
I only hope that there's is an incoming patch to solve these kind of problems... I can't stand the idea of hackers finishing the game while someone who bought the game encounters bugs like this one... :(

1Joker1
23rd Sep 2009, 15:31
Well you could always start from the beginning :lol:
I got this bug at 24% completed so it wouldn't take me long to get there again.But you have over 50% so I don't know..

Cirap
23rd Sep 2009, 15:40
you're supposed to tear down two or three big boxes that block the catwalk. it's slightly elevated. In detective mode they should be orange and pretty obvious

Angelus34
23rd Sep 2009, 15:47
@Cirap are you sure you're talking about the episode i'm stucked in ? Around 50% after you collected the plants in Croc's place ? Coz i don't see any crates, and i'm almost always playing in detective mode.

@Joker, you must be kidding me :p 50% is not the problem, but recollecting all the trophies and riddles ????? :mad2::mad2::mad2:

1Joker1
23rd Sep 2009, 15:56
@Cirap I did that and if I can remember right there wasn't any use in that.
Actually I got in the batcave by accident.I was following Harley Quinn's traces and was in front of the metal gate,and 4 thugs behind it.There supposed to be a place grapple to(at least that's what they said in the walkthrough) but I didn't see one.So I decided to go in the cave to see if there's anything I need to do.

So now I'm stuck in there...The only thing there is is the ventilation hole which is open but I can't grapple to it.

@Angelus34 Well you know where you got most of the trophies so it will be faster this time,right? ;)

Nemesis296
23rd Sep 2009, 16:03
@Cirap I did that and if I can remember right there wasn't any use in that.
Actually I got in the batcave by accident.I was following Harley Quinn's traces and was in front of the metal gate,and 4 thugs behind it.There supposed to be a place grapple to(at least that's what they said in the walkthrough) but I didn't see one.So I decided to go in the cave to see if there's anything I need to do.

So now I'm stuck in there...The only thing there is is the ventilation hole which is open but I can't grapple to it.

I don't see how this is possible. I attempted to goto the Batcave before finding Gordon, and it was impossible. If you're tracking Harley, you should have already been there once, and should have the batclaw, so I'm not sure how you're stuck...unless you modified your game and got stuck because of your own damn fault ;)

1Joker1
23rd Sep 2009, 16:16
I don't see how this is possible. I attempted to goto the Batcave before finding Gordon, and it was impossible. If you're tracking Harley, you should have already been there once, and should have the batclaw, so I'm not sure how you're stuck...unless you modified your game and got stuck because of your own damn fault ;)

I was there already earlier,and I have a batclaw.
I was in the mansion and Harley's DNA led me to that metal gate.I couldn't find anything near that gate so I decided to visit Batcave(that way I could circle around it and get on the other side of the place I need to go to,according to map).
I didn't check the walkthrough before I went in..otherwise I wouldn't go there in the first place.

It's tricky to explaine really.I could take a screenshot but I doubt it would help

Nemesis296
23rd Sep 2009, 16:45
I was there already earlier,and I have a batclaw.
I was in the mansion and Harley's DNA led me to that metal gate.I couldn't find anything near that gate so I decided to visit Batcave(that way I could circle around it and get on the other side of the place I need to go to,according to map).
I didn't check the walkthrough before I went in..otherwise I wouldn't go there in the first place.

It's tricky to explaine really.I could take a screenshot but I doubt it would help

What metal gate? In the Gardens? I'm just confused about the whole gate thing...plus...the DNA tracking is for the warden, not Harley. Are you tracking her fingerprints?

1Joker1
23rd Sep 2009, 16:58
Sorry,I got this all wrong for some reason.
It says "DNA ID:Quincy Sharp",just checked it.Game complete 24%.
After you exit the mansion ,you need to follow the DNA.

I don't know where did I get Harley from so don't ask :lol:

For some reason I thought I was following her...but it doesn't matter..I'm still stuck

Nemesis296
23rd Sep 2009, 17:40
Sorry,I got this all wrong for some reason.
It says "DNA ID:Quincy Sharp",just checked it.Game complete 24%.
After you exit the mansion ,you need to follow the DNA.

I don't know where did I get Harley from so don't ask :lol:

For some reason I thought I was following her...but it doesn't matter..I'm still stuck

Still doesn't make sense how you're stuck...the Batcave doesn't change until much later in the game...so you should be able to just exit the vent like you did after your first visit to pick up the Batclaw....:scratch:

Either way, you probably got Harley from the fact that she has the Warden...;)

vuviper
23rd Sep 2009, 18:28
Hello,
I just got the Batclaw Upgrade and now i'm stuck in the batcave....
I pulled down the wall and see the hole in the roof but i can't use the grapple...
I've been looking for another way out, but since the plants block all the exits, i assume that this vent is the only way out.

Please help me !!

I might be wrong, but I think I used the batline to get out not the grapple

I went back to the bat cave, nvm you need the grapple

TheChosenOne
23rd Sep 2009, 18:30
Do you have a hacked or pirated version of the game?

Do you have a brain or are you just braindead ? (Im guessing answer #2).

Nemesis296
23rd Sep 2009, 18:49
Do you have a brain or are you just braindead ? (Im guessing answer #2).

As annoyed as you might have been by the other poster's comment, I think that was a little unnecessary...

TheOracle
23rd Sep 2009, 18:52
There's some boxes. You can grapple them and pull them down but I don't think that was the way out. I do however believe that there was a vent up on the wall, and you grapple it with the batclaw and hit A repeatedly to pull it off. Then you can use the regular grappling hook to shoot up to it and get out.

I could be wrong however, but I think the vent was somewhere near the bat jet under the sheet. If I ever manage to get back to where I was I'll check it out for you.

1Joker1
23rd Sep 2009, 18:53
Still doesn't make sense how you're stuck...the Batcave doesn't change until much later in the game...so you should be able to just exit the vent like you did after your first visit to pick up the Batclaw....:scratch:

Either way, you probably got Harley from the fact that she has the Warden...;)

Exactly.That's the reason I'm here.I hope Eidos will come up with the solution at some point.Or I will just have to buy another DVD :mad2:

"Either way, you probably got Harley from the fact that she has the Warden" Hahaha :lol: :thumb:

1Joker1
23rd Sep 2009, 18:57
There's some boxes. You can grapple them and pull them down but I don't think that was the way out. I do however believe that there was a vent up on the wall, and you grapple it with the batclaw and hit A repeatedly to pull it off. Then you can use the regular grappling hook to shoot up to it and get out.

I could be wrong however, but I think the vent was somewhere near the bat jet under the sheet. If I ever manage to get back to where I was I'll check it out for you.

I pulled the boxes down but it didn't reveal anything really.

That's the exact vent me and others have been talking about.It's already open so the only thing you should do is just to grapple it but that's the problem,it doesn't show F so you can't.

And thx,hopefully you can find something.

1Joker1
23rd Sep 2009, 19:10
The screen might help I believe.

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/6135/screen06p.th.jpg (http://img19.imageshack.us/i/screen06p.jpg/)

Mistress of Fear
23rd Sep 2009, 21:37
... Really?
When you are facing the bat computer to the right there is a wall you can break down (or blow up if it was possible but it's not) aim the bat claw at it and tear it down (it might take awhile for it to lock on, first time I went threw it was about 10 minutes or so before it would lock on), tear the wall down go back to wear the computer is glide to the now hole in the wall and then there is a spot you grapple up. After that I believe you can get yourself out.

The screen might help I believe.

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/6135/screen06p.th.jpg (http://img19.imageshack.us/i/screen06p.jpg/)
Get closer and aim for the bottom of the vent.

Angelus34
23rd Sep 2009, 21:40
Thanks for all your replies

I did break the wall, but once in the little room, i can't grapple up to get out...

1Joker1
23rd Sep 2009, 22:02
I can't break that wall.Tried for about 10 minutes with the batclaw.
Plus the batclaw I have isn't updated so I guess that might be the reason?

And still can't get in the vent...the F doesn't lock on.Just shows how it is in the screen.

TheChosenOne
23rd Sep 2009, 22:21
I can't break that wall.Tried for about 10 minutes with the batclaw.
Plus the batclaw I have isn't updated so I guess that might be the reason?

And still can't get in the vent...the F doesn't lock on.Just shows how it is in the screen.

You must have upgraded batclaw (3 way) to tear down walls.

Patrick Bateman
23rd Sep 2009, 23:44
Thanks for all your replies

I did break the wall, but once in the little room, i can't grapple up to get out...

I, too, am experiencing the exact same issue.

**Ugh.

mac955
24th Sep 2009, 01:50
Ya I got the same exact problem... I just cant seem to exit.. I entered the batcave for the first time.. and pulled down the vent.. but i cannot grapple up there... though i did find a grapple point which leads to a massive glitch.... i recorded it so when on youtube ill post a link.... i just think that the grapple spot some how got messed up... inless im missing something... plz help... im going to return the game in a couple of days,,, cuz this is really upsetting me....

TheOracle
24th Sep 2009, 03:35
Ok guys, I just ran into the exact same problem and I know exactly what your talking about.

The vent is high up on the wall, you are supposed to hit it with the batclaw and then pull it down. Then you are supposed to use the regular grapple up to it. But the grapple point is not there, either by a glitch or due to some copy protection bug. If you look straight at the vent, then turn the left over to the corner of the cave, you will see the actual grapple point. But if you use it, you will be sent into the wall and into the netherworld of the no clipping plane.

What I had to do to get past it, was get a trainer from gamecopyworld(perfectly legal, not a no-cd). It allowed me to use a float cheat and I just floated up to the vent. After that I have had no problems so far, but Eidos needs to know that their grapple points are screwy.

So what you can do is either start over and hope that it doesn't do the same thing(doubtful), wait for Eidos to patch the game(once again doubtful) or get the trainer and skip the glitch and keep playing.

Hope this helps you guys.

1Joker1
24th Sep 2009, 06:43
Ok guys, I just ran into the exact same problem and I know exactly what your talking about.

The vent is high up on the wall, you are supposed to hit it with the batclaw and then pull it down. Then you are supposed to use the regular grapple up to it. But the grapple point is not there, either by a glitch or due to some copy protection bug. If you look straight at the vent, then turn the left over to the corner of the cave, you will see the actual grapple point. But if you use it, you will be sent into the wall and into the netherworld of the no clipping plane.

What I had to do to get past it, was get a trainer from gamecopyworld(perfectly legal, not a no-cd). It allowed me to use a float cheat and I just floated up to the vent. After that I have had no problems so far, but Eidos needs to know that their grapple points are screwy.

So what you can do is either start over and hope that it doesn't do the same thing(doubtful), wait for Eidos to patch the game(once again doubtful) or get the trainer and skip the glitch and keep playing.

Hope this helps you guys.

Thank you!I'm off the cave now and looking forward to continue the game :rasp:
Kinda felt bad to use cheats but I guess there was no choice.Thx for the help m8 :thumb:

andydepr
24th Sep 2009, 07:07
Thank you!I'm off the cave now and looking forward to continue the game :rasp:
Kinda felt bad to use cheats but I guess there was no choice.Thx for the help m8 :thumb:

@oracle or joker1... Wich of the trainers should I exaclty download? and(extreme noob question)how the %$%^ do I use trainers? Thanks in advance!

1Joker1
24th Sep 2009, 07:12
@oracle or joker1... Wich of the trainers should I exaclty download? and(extreme noob question)how the %$%^ do I use trainers? Thanks in advance!

I used Batman Arkham Asylum v1.1 +4 TRAINER(I assume it's the newest)

I presume you have a 1.1 version of the game so this one should work for you also.
And there's instructions coming with the program,just read them.

andydepr
24th Sep 2009, 07:19
Ok joker thanks! Im still on v1.0 I I disabled a bunch of stuff on my computer that gfwl is depend on and now gfwl is all fu5 up... where can I get the patch?

PS- I got stuck in the game just a few mins ago!!!

1Joker1
24th Sep 2009, 07:27
Ok joker thanks! Im still on v1.0 I I disabled a bunch of stuff on my computer that gfwl is depend on and now gfwl is all fu5 up... where can I get the patch?

PS- I got stuck in the game just a few mins ago!!!

1.1 update is on these forums,as sticky.It's an official patch.

TheOracle
24th Sep 2009, 15:03

Like the guy above me said, if you have the game patched to 1.1 then get the one for that patch. The +4 one worked well for me. It should come as an exe. Put the file in your batman folder and execute it before you start the game. Let it run while you are playing the game and it will give you access to the dev commands.

It's a shame we have to stoop to this level in order to bypass this poorly coded nonsense.

Angelus34
24th Sep 2009, 15:21
Thank you The Oracle !
I managed to exit the f***ing batcave thanks to the trainer :)

andydepr
24th Sep 2009, 16:47
I have ver 1.0, my gfwl is all messed up but I tried to update from the sticky that joker talked about but the game still reads ver 1.0... ? Anyway I just went ahead and DL the same trainer as u guys and I managed to get out of where I was stuck. ...u guys had it ez stuck in the batcave,u dont want to know where I was stuck and @ what percent of the game. : )

Anyway thanks oracle and joker for the replies. Hopefuly I dont need to use a fu9789ing trainer ever again.

And(thinking out loud) why its called a "Trainer" just call it Cheats.

TheOracle
24th Sep 2009, 17:28
Well technically a cheat would either be built into the game or be a third party program that modifies the hex addresses on the fly like a gameshark.

I don't think a trainer is either. I think its kind of like A TSEARCH program but I could be wrong.

Smashman
27th Sep 2009, 21:19
I don't think you should be giving out third party programs, not endorsed by Eidos on these forums.
Especially those editing their games.
I'd curtail this behaviour.

p2kmon
18th Dec 2009, 15:38
I'm having a different issue, I was able to get out of the cave, 2nd time. I'm outside looking at the rock spires and going to try and glide to them. I try to glide and batman starts flapping his arms like he's a bird or something. Won't glide, won't do anything, stuck looking at the spires.

This is a bought copy, never had an issue with the gliding before.

Thanks,

P2kmon

Scarn
18th Dec 2009, 19:20
I'm having a different issue, I was able to get out of the cave, 2nd time. I'm outside looking at the rock spires and going to try and glide to them. I try to glide and batman starts flapping his arms like he's a bird or something. Won't glide, won't do anything, stuck looking at the spires.

This is a bought copy, never had an issue with the gliding before.

Thanks,

P2kmon

are you holding down glide?

p2kmon
18th Dec 2009, 19:39
Yup, I'm holding down the glide, and it appears that he glides for about 2 seconds, and then starts flapping like a chicken, and slowly goes down, takes 30 seconds or so, and then have to start back over, I'm thinking I've got some sort of glitch, I'm thinking about a trainer to float, but don't want to unless I really have too.

Thanks.

p2kmon
19th Dec 2009, 02:15
Weird, restarted the level, and I had the same issue as the other people, it wouldn't give me the grapple point. Restarted again, and the grapple point shows up, but after about 2 sec's of gliding, he starts the whole chicken flapping again.

I exited the game, turned on the trainer, but didn't activate anything, and this time he glide's just fine. I love this game, but I would rank a whole lot higher to me, if it were for all the little glitches.

Thanks.

p2kmon

Nik
21st Dec 2009, 17:01
I can solve ur problem....me too stuck in the same place........bt i need ur help......please send me the registry key of Batman arkham asylum...........i wl instruct u if u donno to do....go to registry by clicking start>Run.then type regedit and press enter......thn take current user from tree[left side].thn expand softwates thn right click on the Arkham Asylum folder...thn click export and save it somewhre......thn mail me the file u got[it will b in reg format]... my mail id is nikhilg94@gmail.com.......i want to test it and i will say wat to do.....
Sorry for the bad english...

Nik
21st Dec 2009, 21:32
i got a patch for it........bt it will work only if the game is in the system registry......it is not there in my system registry..........SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE....Kindly send me the registry key of Batman arkham asylum...........i wl instruct u if u donno to do....go to registry by clicking start>Run.then type regedit and press enter......thn take current user from tree[left side].thn expand softwates thn right click on the Arkham Asylum folder...thn click export and save it somewhre......thn mail me the file u got[it will b in reg format]... my mail id is nikhilg94@gmail.com . i think the problem will be solved by the patch......so dont leave me......

Scarn
21st Dec 2009, 22:04
aim lower thats all you need to do