PDA

View Full Version : How to completely uninstall BAA.

nemezote
23rd Sep 2009, 02:16
Hello everyone, I recently installed the game, but due to constraints on hard disk space I had to uninstall it.

Now, when I try to install it again the setup window doesent prompt me to do it, which is strange, as it should.

I uninstalled in the control panel in all the usual ways, I also deleted all the eidos folders on my documents, and even manually at registry level (im no genius but I know my way around PCs, for the most part) yet, even then the setup windows still shows "install" in gray.

I was wondering if im doing something wrong, as I had the game working flawlessly a few days ago.

Can anyone tell me how to completely and utterly remove the game in order to get the install prompt again?

I would hate to have to format the drive or something equally drastic.

Thanks in advance!

fe-man
23rd Sep 2009, 02:44
download a program called "total uninstall 5" its free or at least the trial is free and you just find baa on the list, hit uninstall and it will completely remove everything with it. thats what i used when i needed to uninstall it and it wouldnt let me. worked like a dream

ATM743
23rd Sep 2009, 04:11
if the window dose not ask you to install it.

go to my computer, then the disk and open it (or explore it) then look for the setup.exe and then double click

nemezote
23rd Sep 2009, 14:18
I already tried just running setup but all I get is a prompt to UNINSTALL the game...

And I get an error that reads as follows:

=====================================

Unhandled Exception

Error Number: 0x80040702
Description: Failed to load DLL: FirewellInstallHelper

Setup will now terminate

=====================================

Im gonna try with total uninstall 5 trial, wish me luck!

jaywalker2309
23rd Sep 2009, 14:19
hi there, if you have the files from the INT folder, copy those into the root installer folder and run from there, then it will find the files it failing to load..

nemezote
23rd Sep 2009, 18:58
hi there, if you have the files from the INT folder, copy those into the root installer folder and run from there, then it will find the files it failing to load..

Well, all I have are the files contained in the game disk, and yes, there is an INT folder there.

Where, specifically, should I copy theese files?

Thanks!

nemezote
24th Sep 2009, 17:36
Bump