PDA

View Full Version : Batman: Brave and Bold season 2

Drazar
23rd Sep 2009, 00:32
So after many months the long-waited Musical episode finally arrived to the television and aired on United Kingdom's Cartoonnetwork. Did i see the episode? Heck yeah! Did i love the episode? I'm Obsessed with it! It drives me Bats, it drives me bats! *starts humming*

Did any of the other Batfans see the episode yet? Be sure to tell your thoughts! Here's my synopis on the episode, spoilers included!

Music Meister is the main character of the episode. The story resolves around him, Black Canary and Batman pretty much. Music Meister controls people thru his singing voice and plans to take over the world, with the power of music! :D

The episode had like 4-6 different songs, my favorites being Meister singing about Batman driving us bats and Black Canary praising Batman. :D I can't believe the end of the episode actually developed the Green Arrow + Black Canary relationship! I love this show! :D

PS. The Shark Repellent gets mentioned. ;)

SolidSnake_123
23rd Sep 2009, 00:36
Ah sweet! I haven't seen this episode yet, I seriously want to check it out. Its a phenomenal series.

Batman The Trailer Hunter
23rd Sep 2009, 00:57
Im going to watch some episodes righ tnow

KillerCroc
23rd Sep 2009, 02:11
I remember you being psyched for this episode. Drazar, I would see a doctor. o_0 Perferrably not a furry one in a lab coat...I made that mistake once...did you know Chip & Dale graduated from ISU?

batfan08
23rd Sep 2009, 02:15
I'm curious as to when these'll hit the US as WB seems to be neglecting us Americans.:(:p

Drazar
23rd Sep 2009, 09:37
I remember you being psyched for this episode. Drazar, I would see a doctor. o_0

Batman made me Bats!

He always has a sidekick
Some Boy Wonder at his call
His utility belt holds everything
Can’t find that at the mall

The Batmobile is super fast
There is no car that is surpassed
It’s a good thing we’ve got Arkham
‘Cuz he really drives us bats!

Drives us bats, drives us bats
He really drives us bats bats bats
He drives us baaats

Whether dancing the batusi, you see
Or using an array of tools
He’s always got the answers
He makes us look like fools

He’s got no superpoweeeerrs
He’s just a flying rat
It’s a good thing we’ve got Arkam
Cuz he really drives us bats

Drives us bats
(Worlds greatest detective)
Drives us bats
(Foiling every evil scheme)
He really drives us bats, bats bats
Heeee drives us baaaaats

Even without shark repellent
He’s tougher than he seems
Other heroes often ask
Why is he always the top cat?

He drives us baaaats
Drives us baaats
Drives us bats!

Larfleeze
23rd Sep 2009, 13:34
Came home after a not so good day.

Saw BATB was on.
Expected an episode i've seen a dozen times.

And then the title screen appeared.
This was my face throughout.
http://i34.tinypic.com/rmqmm8.jpg

Damn NPH has a godly voice.

Drazar
23rd Sep 2009, 14:05
Look at him
Save the day
Keeping evil far away
A brave man, like no man
Be my man,
Batman~

If only he could love me
He could love me
If only he could love me
Like he knows fighting villains

This episode is so beatiful. :thumb: definatly enjoyable to watch it over and over again on the telly.

Old_BenKenobi
23rd Sep 2009, 15:30
Came home after a not so good day.

Saw BATB was on.
Expected an episode i've seen a dozen times.

And then the title screen appeared.
This was my face throughout.
http://i34.tinypic.com/rmqmm8.jpg

Damn NPH has a godly voice.

What episode is that screen from? I don't remember him ever being so manic.

fatal shadow
23rd Sep 2009, 15:57
It's from Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker.

Game Weasel
25th Sep 2009, 00:06
Dammit Drazar, you've made me an addict... taking advantage of my love of Musicals! I've rewatched this episode 5 times now! One of the guys who got it up on Youtube has been suspended :( Poor man, he bravely provided us with Batman and for it he was sanctioned. The constitution needs a "Freedom of Bat-entertainment" amendment.

Prince Daka
25th Sep 2009, 00:21
Dammit Drazar, you've made me an addict... taking advantage of my love of Musicals! I've rewatched this episode 5 times now! One of the guys who got it up on Youtube has been suspended :( Poor man, he bravely provided us with Batman and for it he was sanctioned. The constitution needs a "Freedom of Bat-entertainment" amendment.

That is not right. I didn't even see the episode yet, but I feel bad someone got in trouble for putting it up on YouTube. A lot of people have been anticipating this episode... seems like a rather cruel thing to punish someone for being a good guy.

batfan08
25th Sep 2009, 02:48
That is not right. I didn't even see the episode yet, but I feel bad someone got in trouble for putting it up on YouTube. A lot of people have been anticipating this episode... seems like a rather cruel thing to punish someone for being a good guy.

I know.If WB doesn't want people releasing it,at least legitimately release it.We here in the US haven't gotten any new episodes since the last bat on earth.

xxhanzyxx
25th Sep 2009, 20:10
It is fantastic!! Its addictive!!! was smiling all the way through it! would pay good money to see that play ;0D Didnt realise what I was letting myself infor when I put it on but was so glad I did, has giving me a whole new insight on what the brave and the bold series is all about. I LOVE IT!!!!

xxhanzyxx
25th Sep 2009, 20:11
want to watch it again now though

Drazar
29th Sep 2009, 12:03
I heard it aired on Teletoon in Canada last weekend. Maybe it will air soon on Cartoon Network?

xxhanzyxx
30th Sep 2009, 20:52
It aired on cartoon network last week plus just watched Colours of revenge episode today which had ROBIN in it! awsome!!! Does anyone know if Batgirl is making an appearance

Drazar
30th Sep 2009, 20:53
Batgirl was mentioned in "Night of the Huntress" so yeah we could see her in her Silver Age costume. :) I hope Robin becomes Nightwing (DISCO suit!) because i'm not a fan of the earth-2 costume at all.

xxhanzyxx
30th Sep 2009, 21:02
Batgirl was mentioned in "Night of the Huntress" so yeah we could see her in her Silver Age costume. :) I hope Robin becomes Nightwing (DISCO suit!) because i'm not a fan of the earth-2 costume at all.

Cool that would be interesting to see and I totally agree I would love to see nightwing in his disco suit (who would have guessed) Infact I loved the costume in The Batman when Robin was playing Nightwing in the game and he was in the retro costume, I never thought I would have liked it but I did

Prince Daka
30th Sep 2009, 22:06
i really like how the 60s batman villains show up sometimes as cameos like on this episode. king tut, egghead, false face, louie the lilac... gotta love those guys

Drazar
3rd Oct 2009, 12:41
http://forums.toonzone.net/showpost.php?p=3394653&postcount=196

Allright finally the show is returning! Soon our American friends can love the bat musical! :D <3

Larfleeze
3rd Oct 2009, 15:53
Did you guys hear Adam West and Julie Newmar are gonna be in season 2 as Thomas and Martha Wanye?

And Mark Hammil and Kevin Conroy will be in the same episode.

Old_BenKenobi
3rd Oct 2009, 21:37
Did you guys hear Adam West and Julie Newmar are gonna be in season 2 as Thomas and Martha Wanye?

And Mark Hammil and Kevin Conroy will be in the same episode.

That's gonna be an awesome episode.

I heard that in this series, the Wayne Murders are even more tragic: It takes place on Christmas, and they are shot right in the middle of Bruce being a christmas brat.

butterskenny
3rd Oct 2009, 21:52
When will season 2 be out?

Drazar
3rd Oct 2009, 21:59
October 16 will spin new episodes. America has 3 season 1 episodes left to air so at the start of november i guess season 2 will start. :)

Yeah the show will show the Silver Age origin of Batman, where Thomas Wayne dressed up as a Bat-Man for a halloween party and took down some thugs at the same time, this inspired Bruce (who had forgotten about this event) as Batman. It's really poetic (for me lol) when in the comic you see kid Bruce asking to have the suit and Thomas replies with "i'll save it for you, my son!" I can just imagen hearing Adam West as Thomas Wayne. <3

Mark Hamill will be Spectre, who is the god of vengeance. Kevin Conroy is the Phantom Stranger and Julia Newmar is Martha Wayne.

butterskenny
7th Oct 2009, 00:26
Hm, Can't wait to see that

Drazar
11th Oct 2009, 10:33
http://www.batman-on-film.com/BTBATB_musical-meister-soundtrack_PR_10-7-09.html

Episode of BATMAN: THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD. Airing October 23 at 7:30 PM ET/PT on the Cartoon Network

I'm excepting all of you fellow Brave and Bold (and everyone else too!) to watch this fine quality episode. The 5 songs played in this episode are the most awesome thing ever since the creation of this magnificent Batman show. Also the soundtrack will be released on October 24th. :) Ima buy me a copy when i get to New York city!

Prince Daka
11th Oct 2009, 22:49
ugh i have to wait until the 23rd... that feels like forever!

batfan08
12th Oct 2009, 00:47
Actually,new episodes begin this Friday when "When OMAC Attacks!" is aired in the US.

Drazar
12th Oct 2009, 01:04
OMAC attacks is a great episode. It's another Jack Kirby honored episode with Jeff Benneth voicing Omac. :)

Drazar
17th Oct 2009, 16:58
So who watched the episode of "When Omac attacks!" ? :) I loved it. The Chemistry between Blank|Batman and Omac|Batman was just awesome, and the sacrifise Batman does at the end is totally awesome.

batfan08
17th Oct 2009, 18:20
I'm gonna download it from PSN tonight.

butterskenny
17th Oct 2009, 20:49
I watched the last 2 minutes.

Drazar
19th Oct 2009, 21:58
I'm gonna download it from PSN tonight.

Cool. How did you like it?

I watched the last 2 minutes.

Bah you!

Allright guys, heres a preview for the Music Meister episode, he drives us Bats song!
http://comicbookresources.com/?page=video&show_id=177547

The episode will air October 23. :)

butterskenny
19th Oct 2009, 22:01
Drazar: I saw it yesterday (all of it)

Drazar
19th Oct 2009, 22:06
You can post your thoughts on a spoiler tag. It already aired in Europe & Canada and whatnot. So i'm not surprised if most people here have seen it. =p

butterskenny
19th Oct 2009, 22:19
Cool. How did you like it?

Bah you!

Allright guys, heres a preview for the Music Meister episode, he drives us Bats song!
http://comicbookresources.com/?page=video&show_id=177547

The episode will air October 23. :)

:lol: Sorry it's just...to....this doesn't look to good.

Pied Piper, is he?

Drazar
24th Oct 2009, 03:34
http://tv.ign.com/articles/103/1038038p1.html

So rate and review guys. How did you like the episode?

KillerCroc
24th Oct 2009, 03:38
So has there been any word on the Season 1 release on Blu-Ray? :rolleyes:

Drazar
25th Oct 2009, 06:59
http://i38.tinypic.com/281bsrn.jpg

Implying DC|Warner Brothers will release things on Blu-ray. =p You best bet is to wait for many years or just get the DvD collections.

batfan08
25th Oct 2009, 13:26
http://i38.tinypic.com/281bsrn.jpg

Implying DC|Warner Brothers will release things on Blu-ray. =p You best bet is to wait for many years or just get the DvD collections.

They better at least release The Complete first season on DVD(If not Blu-Ray,also.I'm gettin' really pissed at the amount of hard-drive space they're takin' up.

Drazar
25th Oct 2009, 18:38
http://www.murrayewing.co.uk/mewsings/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/farnsworth.jpg
Good news everyone!
http://www.newsarama.com/tv/091023-batman-brave-bold.html

As for doing another full musical episode? The Partners certainly are up for it. Then again, this isn’t the last time they have written songs for “Brave & Bold.”

“Without revealing much about what’s going on next season, there will be some more wonderful musical numbers coming,” says Ritmanis. “We think they will be delightful to everyone.”

“ I don’t know,” says Tucker. “If we had known how hard it would have been, we probably never would have done it. There are at least two more songs coming up in season two. Not full blown musicals now. Honestly, I would love to. Yet there was so much more work in this one episode than any other episode we have done, just from a scheduling/budgetary standpoint there’s no way to do another of those.”

So while we may not get another full musical episode until Season 3. We're atleast confirmed to receive 2 songs! <3

@Batfan08: We should be getting season 1 full dvd sooner or later.

Prince Daka
25th Oct 2009, 20:05
during the "drives us bats" song you see every villain ever put on the show during the end (when everyones face is placed in small brady bunch-like boxes). i even saw bane, riddler & robin in there! haha. gotta love the 1966 villains gettin more appearances too. & the songs were really catchy & full of batman references. yet another great brave & the bold episode. this series seriously is awesome.

batfan08
25th Oct 2009, 20:06
They've done the musical,now it's time to break the fourth wall and produce an episode of the brave and the bold in...

3D!!!

butterskenny
26th Oct 2009, 23:23
I didn't like this episode at all...

Drazar
27th Oct 2009, 05:38
during the "drives us bats" song you see every villain ever put on the show during the end (when everyones face is placed in small brady bunch-like boxes). i even saw bane, riddler & robin in there! haha. gotta love the 1966 villains gettin more appearances too. & the songs were really catchy & full of batman references. yet another great brave & the bold episode. this series seriously is awesome.

Everysingle character from the show made a cameo in the episode excluding Bat-mite.

They've done the musical,now it's time to break the fourth wall and produce an episode of the brave and the bold in...

3D!!!

Haha. =p How about live action spoof instead?

batfan08
27th Oct 2009, 10:28
Oh,you mean 4d?:p

KillerCroc
10th Nov 2009, 16:51
Oh poop. I can't remember the name of the episode that I just watched. I was a bit stunned that Psycho Pirate would be picked as a villain...the only thing that he was good for in the comics was in that one panel where Superboy shoves his mask through the back of his head. Good entertainment. At least The Outsiders made a return.

Drazar
11th Nov 2009, 20:43
Yeah that episode was great. :D Did you like how disturbing Black Lightning's traumas were? ;) Anyhow NEW episode confirmed for November 20th!:
Death Race to Oblivion!
Plot: Mongul forces heroes and villains alike to race for the planet's survival

Holy ridicilius awesomness, Batman!

kain9998
14th Nov 2009, 18:15
You know I am one of the only people I know who really likes this show. I think it's great, but somepoeple think it is really bad, and I am not sure why. It is no TAS though, but still it's better then The Batman. :)

Also has anybody seen an episode were Mad-Hatter had a cameo? I havn't seen it, but I know that Green Arrow was in it. If anybody knows what the name of the episode is please tell me though because I would really like to see Mad-Hatter. :D

butterskenny
14th Nov 2009, 19:01
Day of the Dark Knight?

Drazar
20th Nov 2009, 23:41
Day of the Dark Knight?

You sir are correct. :)

Preview is up for the newest episode airing today (20th november)!

Mongul holds Earth ransom, forcing its greatest heroes--and villains!--to race for the planet's survival. It's a crooked bargain wherein even if Batman wins, he dooms his fellow heroes--if the villains don't doom them first!
http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/442/batmanbrave16.jpg
http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/9913/batmanbrave20.jpg
http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/7864/batmanbrave1.jpg
Preview 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5thArWUiP8)
Preview 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKYuGnmVoHg)

Holy tribute, Batman! Woozy freaking WINKZ! I love this show. <3

Also IGN.COM has a preview up for Captain Marvel! (http://tv.ign.com/dor/objects/14245048/batmanbraveandthebold/videos/bm_captmarv_111809.html?show=hi) and here's Firestorm preview. (http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/4117/b95540155589eb982dcaf88.jpg)

Prince Daka
21st Nov 2009, 02:07
"Death Race to Oblivion" is awesome. It made me realize how much I prefer a silly Joker (without Harley), & it's also the first time I've seen Woozy Winks who is an awesomely fun character. I may have to check out Plastic Man comics just for him.

also, who is the invisible guy dressed like mr. peanut?

oh oh oh almost forgot - Capt. Marvel was hilarious!

Drazar
21st Nov 2009, 18:59
that would be Gentleman Ghost. Check out the sherlock holmes episode for his origin. :)

Joker was indeed awesome in this episode, i love Jeff Bennet's voice acting on him.

Nemesis296
23rd Nov 2009, 19:18
I managed to catch this episode ("Death Race to Oblivion") and it really seemed like Batman was a jerk. He basically was in it to win, and didn't care how he had to do it. Maybe I'm out of touch and this was the first episode of BAB I'd seen, but it was pretty far-fetched in my opinion. It *was* pretty cool though how the Green Lantern was able to get everyone to escape :)

Drazar
23rd Nov 2009, 19:27
I managed to catch this episode ("Death Race to Oblivion") and it really seemed like Batman was a jerk. He basically was in it to win, and didn't care how he had to do it. Maybe I'm out of touch and this was the first episode of BAB I'd seen, but it was pretty far-fetched in my opinion. It *was* pretty cool though how the Green Lantern was able to get everyone to escape :)

Batman is very serious in this show, but the situations he faces are less serious and/or humorous. This show has alot of balls when they make serious episodes aswell. Especially how they showed Wayne family murders. =*(

And yeah Batman was a jerk, but it was all in the plan! ;)

Nemesis296
23rd Nov 2009, 19:59
Batman is very serious in this show, but the situations he faces are less serious and/or humorous. This show has alot of balls when they make serious episodes aswell. Especially how they showed Wayne family murders. =*(

And yeah Batman was a jerk, but it was all in the plan! ;)

Yea I guess that's true, it was all part of the plan I almost forgot that part. I guess it was different, and since I'm a little behind with the times (coming from a guy who has only watched B:TAS and a few episodes of Batman Beyond) it kinda made sense why I didn't really catch onto what was happening. Was that just a special episode, or do all of those characters (give or take a few) show up in each episode?

Drazar
23rd Nov 2009, 20:04
Yes. The main format of this show is

Teaser episode: 1-3 minute long teaser introduces Batman + sidekick fightning a villain
Main Episode: Usually has nothing to do with the teaser. Villain showsup (or villains) and Batman sides up with character(s) to takedown the bad guy.

This show focuses on C-list heroes. Green Arrow, Guy Gardner, Gorilla Grodd and Blue Beetle are the most shown characters. Joker, Catwoman and Huntress are becoming more popular too. Season 2 will also have Kevin Conroy, Mark Hamill, Adam West, Julia Newmar star in a special episode.

Pretty much this is for me the best Batman show ever hehe. =p You should try and check your tv guide or something for "mayhem of the music meister", "legend of the dark mite" and pretty much all episodes. If you liked what you show, youre in for a great light-tuned serious show. :D

batfan08
23rd Nov 2009, 21:43
This show focuses on C-list heroes.

Now,hold on there.I wouldn't go as far as to say that,I think they just try to focus on character's who aren't very publicly known.

Drazar
23rd Nov 2009, 22:05
Thats what B-list and C-list actors/characters are. ;) Now sure there getting some A-list characters for second season such as Superman, Wonder Woman but hey next episode is Chill of the Night i think? :D Bring on Adam West, Conroy, Newmar and Hamill! :D

batfan08
24th Nov 2009, 01:01
Thats what B-list and C-list actors/characters are. ;) Now sure there getting some A-list characters for second season such as Superman, Wonder Woman but hey next episode is Chill of the Night i think? :D Bring on Adam West, Conroy, Newmar and Hamill! :D

No,they aren't,just because you aren't generally recognized by the public,doesn't make you B-list or C-list.Watchmen isn't generally recognized,is it "B-list",I'm sure many people haven't even heard of it.If "that's what B-list is,"then are Green Lantern and The Flash B-list?Many people don't know who they are.Add to the equation that many of those character's are from the Silver Age of comics and you've got an audience of baby boomers,comic afficianado's,and 8 year olds who like to watch Batman "hit the bad guys."B-List,I don't think so.

Old_BenKenobi
24th Nov 2009, 01:51
The "A-List" terms is tied to the popularly and recognizability of a celebrity and is based purely on how recognized by the public they are.

An A-List celebrity is someone who's mere presence equals money. A B-List celebrity is someone less popular than an A lister. A C-List celebrity is someone you might recognize, but can't name and has minimal star power.

So Batman would be an A-List character, Green Lantern would be a B-LIst character and the Blue Beetle would be a C-List character.

Not saying a B-List or C-LIst character is a bad character (after all, there is no such thing as a bad character, only bad writing), but popularly is certainly more measurable.

Drazar
24th Nov 2009, 02:01
Yeah theres nothing wrong with being a B-list or C-list character. This game has Zsasz for example whos definatly an C-lister who currently is climbing up to B-list/A-list villainy in comics.

But really thats the point of this show. Batman siding up with less known superheroes and fightning againts Justice League villains who may or may not be as widely recognized as Lex Luthor and Joker are.

butterskenny
24th Nov 2009, 02:06
"Death Race to Oblivion" is awesome. It made me realize how much I prefer a silly Joker (without Harley), & it's also the first time I've seen Woozy Winks who is an awesomely fun character. I may have to check out Plastic Man comics just for him.

Pfft Silly Joker and Homicide Manic Joker are still the same guy. It just depends what mood he's in that day I like both the same.

This episode was pretty good. First time I ever saw Woozy Winks too, and I think he was a great character.

batfan08
24th Nov 2009, 02:08
I kind of misinterpreted that,and I'd call B:AA's Zsasz a Z-lister.(One Batarang?c'mon)

butterskenny
24th Nov 2009, 02:13
It did knock him out while the thugs where only stunned, maybe it has to do with how hard batman threw it. Also I think Zsasz is pretty old, is he not?

Old_BenKenobi
24th Nov 2009, 03:32
The real reason is if your batarang had the power to knock someone out with a single hit the game would be broken as hell.

Drazar
24th Nov 2009, 12:46
It did knock him out while the thugs where only stunned, maybe it has to do with how hard batman threw it. Also I think Zsasz is pretty old, is he not?

Zsasz wasn't modeled after Vin Deasal hehe. =p Honestly Zsasz had 2 appearances, character profile & audio tapes. He got good treatment to be honest, tho he's been pretty damn awesome in Dini's Streets of Gotham serie now that Zsasz has millions lol.

KillerCroc
24th Nov 2009, 20:31
Zsasz wasn't modeled after Vin Deasal hehe. =p Honestly Zsasz had 2 appearances, character profile & audio tapes. He got good treatment to be honest, tho he's been pretty damn awesome in Dini's Streets of Gotham serie now that Zsasz has millions lol. Though we all know that will bite him later, it seems like this Black Mask has some heart of gold since he is so thankful towards him, but honestly, I doubt it will last. I love the panel where he gets his suit tailored for him.

Prince Daka
25th Nov 2009, 22:47
Pfft Silly Joker and Homicide Manic Joker are still the same guy. It just depends what mood he's in that day I like both the same.

This episode was pretty good. First time I ever saw Woozy Winks too, and I think he was a great character.

sure, the same guy, but one is sillier. come on, just look at the stuff the joker car does lol

Old_BenKenobi
25th Nov 2009, 23:13

I've always hated that aspect of his character.

Drazar
9th Dec 2009, 07:53
Long arm of the law!

Kite Man, comes back for revenge against Plastic Man. With the help of his unstoppable henchmen Rubberneck, he imperils Plastic Man's loved ones and threatends to remove the heroes powers forever.
Original Airdate - December 11, 2009

preview here! (http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/WF/bravebold/guides/reviews/28longarm/)

butterskenny
11th Dec 2009, 21:35
Dang, missed it yesterday.

Prince Daka
14th Dec 2009, 11:47
it was a funnier than usual episode because it had more plastic man & woozie winks than batman. it was nice to see kite man for a change also. the show really needs to be on at better time. it's easy to miss new episodes.

Drazar
14th Dec 2009, 13:06
Definatly one of the funniest episodes there was, not to mention Kiteman's origin was kinda cool in it's own silly way. :D

D.A.V.E.
15th Dec 2009, 01:51
Definatly one of the funniest episodes there was, not to mention Kiteman's origin was kinda cool in it's own silly way. :D

I kinda prefered the origin where he is an overgrown Charlie Brown traumatized with the kite-eating tree.

Still, an excellent episode.

Drazar
23rd Dec 2009, 23:43
http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/WF/bravebold/backstage/interviews/wftucker02.php

James Tucker interview, here's some interesting info:
- Chill of the Night won't come out until March
- Metal Men will appear
- Firestorm
- Two-parter episodes confirmed.
- the Doom Patrol
- More Kamandi
- More Batman villains
- More Batman family members.

Also this is why Tucker is freaking awesome guy and why i love Brave and Bold:
Q: Were you ever worried that the first season might become too bright or light for casual viewers to follow, especially in the light of "The Dark Knight" and the animated DTV efforts? What did you do to make sure each episode was attractive to both the casual viewer and the regular one?

A: When I sat with Michael Jelenic, the co-producer and story editor, the thing I stressed was that the stories should have Heart, Humor and Heroism.

Also good news! New episode info given!:
Friday, January 1st, 2010 at 7:30pm (ET) - "Revenge of the Reach!"
Blue Beetle's scarab is revealed to be linked to an army of evil aliens known as the Reach. Does he have the power to resist their influence?

Friday, January 8th, 2010 at 7:30pm (ET) - "Aquaman's Outrageous Adventure!"
Aquaman attempts to take a family vacation with Mera and Arthur Jr., but can't resist helping heroes along the way.

Friday, January 15th, 2010 at 7:30pm (ET) - "The Golden Age of Justice!"
An aging JSA is faced with the return of their worst enemy, Per Degaton, as he returns from suspended animation to enact a plan for world-domination, while Black Canary helps Wildcat face his greatest regrets.

Friday, January 22nd, 2010 at 7:30pm (ET) - "Sidekicks Assemble!"
Aqualad, Robin and Speedy have had it with being bossed around and demand a piece of the action, but they get more than they bargained for when they find themselves facing off against Ra's Al-Ghul and his flying island!

Friday, January 29th, 2010 at 7:30pm (ET) - "Clash of the Metal Men!"
Batman is introduced to a team of energetic androids known as the Metal Men. When their creator goes missing at the hands of the Gas Gang, Batman helps them track the villains to get him back.

So we're getting Ras' al ghul, Aquaman juniour and more Robin?! **** yeah! :D

Game Weasel
25th Dec 2009, 06:55
B & B's facebook page confirmed Wonder Woman for s2 as well. I just hope they don't go TOO heavy on the silver age theme and have her do nothing but sit around tied up for the whole episode.

Drazar
25th Dec 2009, 06:55
From Comics Continuum:

http://www.coverbrowser.com/image/detective-comics/241-13.jpg
An upcoming teaser segment on Cartoon Network's Batman: The Brave and the Bold will be based off one of the most talked-about comic-book covers in Batman's history, The Continuum learned.

The teaser for "The Reign of Emperor Joker!" will originate from the cover of Detective Comics #241. The March, 1957 issue featured "The Rainbow Batman!"

"The idea was to take one of the most infamous Batman covers and turn it in to a compelling teaser," co-producer/story editor Michael Jelenic told The Continuum. "We begin with the cover's image and dialogue, but from there it¹s mostly an original take with nods to other 'out there' Batman covers."

The original comics story had Batman donning different colored costumes to take attention away from Robin, who had hurt his arm rescuing a little girl. It has been described as one of the most ridiculous stories in Batman lore.

"The Reign of Emperor Joker!" will feature the return of Bat-mite. The episode, written by Steve Melching, has not been scheduled yet.

Yeah this show is truly the greatest Batman show ever. :cool:

D.A.V.E.
26th Dec 2009, 18:44
comicscontinuum.com and World's Finest have new screenshots and videos on "Revenge of the Reach".

D.A.V.E.
29th Dec 2009, 06:44
http://http://www.tvguidemagazine.com/news/the-justice-society-returns-3595.html (http://www.tvguidemagazine.com/news/the-justice-society-returns-3595.html)

New JSA information.

Drazar
29th Dec 2009, 07:20
Nice! Your link has too much http:// tho. ;) Awesome to see Canary's and Batman's Mentors in the show! I love this so show much!

Preview for the 2nd season! (http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/tv_shows/batmanbb/index.html?episodeID=8a250ab025958a5f0125d5e696790327)

D.A.V.E.
29th Dec 2009, 19:17
Nice! Your link has too much http:// tho. ;) Awesome to see Canary's and Batman's Mentors in the show! I love this so show much!

Preview for the 2nd season! (http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/tv_shows/batmanbb/index.html?episodeID=8a250ab025958a5f0125d5e696790327)

Thanks for the advice. Fixed the link now.

Looks like we'll be having another villian arc like Equinox, this time with Starro.

Drazar
2nd Jan 2010, 16:57
This episode had the campiest and silliest intro ever haha! The Challangers of the Unknown! :D I LOVED the ending of the teaser.. We can already see who is going to be one of the main villains of Season 2. ;)

Episode itself, great stuff. From "One Punch!" to Jaime Reyes' inner battle and him becoming a hero who can handle things on hisself. :) Great episode, one of those serious ones with less humour, but really great stuff. Loved to see Kilowogg and G'nort!

I have to giggle about tho, how DC is trying to make Hal Jordan so popular now, yet this show has Guy Gardner. :D But hey even his characterics is getting progressed!

Drazar
6th Jan 2010, 00:30
Penquin confirmed as one of the villains in this week's episode! (http://forums.toonzone.net/showpost.php?p=3503147&postcount=320)

D.A.V.E.
8th Jan 2010, 02:06
http://www.newsarama.com/tv/Batman-Brave-Bold-Reach-100107.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+newsaramatv+%28Newsarama.com+tv%29

New Mike Jelenic interview.

Drazar
8th Jan 2010, 02:30
Wow what a great interview! Here's some good parts:

We should expect more breaks in the B&B formula, starting with this past week’s episode. The teaser is actually the launch of what’s going to be a 12-part story arc featuring a rather well-remembered villain from the DC intergalactic rogue’s gallery.

“One thing that might be of interest about the Reach episode is the teaser will be the Challengers of the Unknown,” says Jelenic. “It’s a fun intro to them. It also starts an extended story arc that will go on for the next 12 or so episodes. It will feature Starro. I won’t give anything else away, although I will say you might see some familiar comic book cover/homage in the future.”

Really liking there trying this. Usually the Batman cartoons don't have a linear pacing where each episode follows a bigger-grander plot but this seems cool as heck!

More on those in the near future. This weekend saw the main story expand on Jelenic and Tucker’s concept of the Blue Beetle.

“He’s our main kid character,” says Jelenic. “When we conceived him, we wanted to make him the novice superhero. So we put him in a lot of situations that called on that. With this latest episode, called ‘Revenge of the Reach,’ we learn the origin of the Scarab. Not Ted Kord, we learned about him in the previous episode. We learn more about the implications of the Scarab and how it was developed to fight the Reach’s sworn enemy, the Green Lantern Corp. He’s going to be in the middle of that.”

Yep i love the idea that Blue Beetle is the novice here. Dick Grayson, Barbara Gordon... All the Bat-family members here are already full grown heroes here, no need to show how they became good!

“Because Aquaman has been such a breakout character for us, we decided to have him in a whole episode,” says Jelenic. “We had a lot of fun with him teaming up with the Atom in the first seasons, so wanted to see him team up with other heroes in the Brave and Bold catalogue, which we then divided up into vignettes.

Loving the fact they're giving us fans this joyful Aquaman episode. Long live the king of the sea!

That’s right; the Caped Crusader ends up primarily doing cameos in his own show. Jelenic won’t disclose the villains, desiring to keep some surprise going. On the other hand, he’s more than willing to talk about working with John DiMaggio, best known for voicing Futurama’s ever-loving mechanical misanthrope, Bender. As B&B fans know, DiMaggio is a key reason for Arthur’s emergence as a top B&B guest star.

This reminds me of the Red Tornado episode where he creates a son. The supporting cast in this show is so flexible, i really don't mind these episodes where the "support" is the main cast for a particular episode.

n fact, in Aquaman’s second appearance ever, he improved most of the most memorable lines. A lot of the lines where Aquaman comes off as slightly dim? Those were DiMaggio’s improvs. Also, whenever DiMaggio, Diedrich and Kevin Michael Richardson are in the booth together, very little work gets down. Those three start improvising, trying to top each other, and it really is fun to watch. Luckily, we know what we are getting into though.”

Outrageous!

Preview for Aquaman's adventure. It's the World War 2 episode teaser they talked about!!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIjkRHdRAjI&)

Prince Daka
9th Jan 2010, 02:24
i saw the Aquaman episode tonight... and I must say that it may have surpassed "Legends of the Dark Mite" as my favorite episode. Completely hilarious. Loved seeing Penguin too.

Drazar
9th Jan 2010, 05:14
Most outrageous fan service ever! I even It was so awesome i had to write it down:
Teaser episode:

So Batman has time traveled to World War 1 (could be 2, doesn't matter) where we see a German soldier having a familiar moustache a certain führer had. (Yes this show gave Adolf Hitler a cameo, who could have thought!) So we have Batman teaming up with Enemy Ace because some kind of an Cthulu alien has come to change the tides of the war. Batman and Enemy Ace succeed in destroying the canon and thus the aliens escape.

AQUAMAN'S OUTRAGEOUS ADVENTURE!

So the episode opens with Aquaman daydreaming of his outrageous heroics, but is woken up by Mera who feels Aqualad isn't interested enough in the landdweller cutlture and whatnot. Mera's a cool woman (not a whiner, but a strong woman!) while Aqualad sports a "emo" hair but hey the guy's blond and seems to be playing some Aqua-handconsole! So yeah they get to Star City where news reports tell about Green Arrow fightning againts Clock King. Aquaman with a glee on his eyes says the coolest one-liner of the episode:
Aquaman: Why hello there danger... We meet again!

AQUAMAN & THE GREEN ARROW IN: THE CLOCK KING STRIKES!

So the world's greatest bowman teams up with the world's greatest hero. Clock King gets easily defeated and the night is saved! Never underestimate the power of team up! Not to mention Apple pie tastes good.

Aquaman & the Family then move to a wild west city to see some cowboy culture! But oh noes! Blue Beetle is facing the Planet Master! This calls for....

AQUAMAN & BLUE BEETLE IN: THE PLAGUE OF THE PLANET MASTER

So Planet Master has the power of all planets... even Pluto which Blue Beetle remarks isn't even a planet anymore, oh yeah the BEST Adult joke ever from Jaime.

Blue Beetle:You really don't wanna see the power of uranus.

But hey with Blue Beetle teaming up with the world's greatest hero, the Planet Master easily gets taken down! Beetle even gets an royal invitation to Atlantis!

Sadly Mera and Aqualad bust Aquaman from doing heroics and thus Aquaman promises to spent the vacation fully with the family, and thus

AQUAMAN & THE AQUAMAN FAMILY IN: THE AQUAMAN FAMILY VACATION!

Aquaman travels around America for sight seeings with his family while spotting Hal Jordan, Red Tornado and the Atom doing heroics, he gets abit sad! But luckily his good friend Batman calls... But it turns out to be Penquin who has trapped the caped Crusader! So Aquaman swiftly takes his family to Gotham City! While Aquaman tries to rescue Batman from world's greatest penquin-related death-trap-of-utter-destruction-and-doom Aquaman gets an encouraging talk from Mera and shows why he *is* the King of the Sea, so we get to our finale:

BATMAN & THE AQUAMAN FAMILY IN: THE FLIGHT OF THE PENQUIN!

World's Greatest Detective teams up with the World's greatest family and the day is saved! I shall spare the details and enjoy the viewer seeing this epicness! I have to admit tho Penquin's voice is cool and his Silver Age design is kick-ass! I also digged his thugs all wearing Tuxedos!

Well what can i say. This was the most Outrageous fan service i've yet seen with me own eyes!

Game Weasel
9th Jan 2010, 05:17
PEnguin.. had... his PENGUIN SUBMARINE!
First time I've had a fanboy moment of pure glee in a long long time! I half expected to see a "BIFF!" when Batman socked him.

This episode truly was OUTRAGEOUS!

TheCluemaster
9th Jan 2010, 17:43
Well I'm going to steal a segment from the Toonzone fourms where I give the lowdown on any new characters appearing in the show.

Mera and Arthur Jr.- Mera first appeared in Aquaman #11 as the queen of Dimension Aqua. It was under attack and she found Aquaman, he helped, couple months later kid in regualar Earth.As of now she is heavily involved in Blackest Night and she has been changed by the events. Arthur Jr. or Aquababy as he was known as in the comics first appeared in Aquaman #23. He would occasionally go with his parents on adventures, but eventually Aquaman's nemesis Black Manta got him and took him to the surface where he suffocated. This led to the seperation of Aquaman and Mera. I also believe Arthur Jr.'s suit came from the Aquaman limited series in the 80s

Planet-Master-Taking out my handy-dandy Batman Encyclopedia I learned that the Planet-Master first appeared in Detective Comics #296 in 1961. The Planet-Master was a scientist named Norbet. He found a meteor and when he inhaled the fumes his body chemistry and moral codes changed. His assiasstant, Edward Burke, heped along his path to villainy since the Planet-Master was like a seperate personaility to Norbet. He didn't have any powers like in the show, but he did base crimes around the solar system and had equipment to help him. Eventually his alternate personality wore off when fighting Batman and Robin and he was cleared of the charges. Edward Burke was not.

Bug-Eyed Bandit- That guy fighting The Atom is him. The first Bug-Eyed Bandit appeared in Atom #26. An inventor with a groovy beard named Bertram Larvan. He had no financial backing for his inventions so he stole money and came into conflict with the Atom. He even found out The Atom's real identity, but was hit with his own amnesic gas. In prison a bump on the head regained his memories as The Bug-Eyed Bandit and he set out for vengence against The Atom. He fights, gets amnesia again. During the Crisis on Infinite Earths he was killed by The Anti-Monitor's Shadow Demons alongside the second Clayface, Matt Hagen. He was resurrected as one of the Black Lanterns in Blackest Night # 4. The second Bug-Eyed Bandit is Bertram Larvan Jr. who first appeared in Justice League America #43 and is not very successful.

The Sportsmaster Family- The wife Paula Brooks first appeared in Sensation Comics #68 in the 40s, but her origin was not revealed until Young All-Stars came out. She was a fan of the second Manhunter Paul Kirk and joined the Young All-Stars to help him and she died fighting Axis America. She was later ressurected and became a villain and married Sportsmaster. Their Daughter, Artemis Crock, followed in their footsteps and became a supervillain first appearing in Infinity Inc. #34. She was a member of Injustice Unlimited and broke her parents out of jail. Later she joinmed another formation of Injustice Unlimited and is still on an off-again, on-agian relationship with the second Icicle.

I'm not doing Penguin because most people should know who he is.

Drazar
9th Jan 2010, 17:50
Thanks! I was wondering who the villain was who Atom fought! It's true the Aqualad costume seems to be inspired by Aquaman's 80s mini where he had a white+blue costume.

Man next week we get a some JSA vs. Nazi villainy, oh yeah!

TheCluemaster
9th Jan 2010, 18:01
Yeah the Brave and the Blod team is taking some liberties with some of the obscure characters since Larvan didn't have any powers. And here's one I forgot

Enemy Ace- First appearing in Our Army At War #151 Hans von Hammer was a German Plane Fighter in World War I though he did have strong ties with honor. He eventually befriended a dog named Schatzi who is accepted by his wolf. He also took him when he went on missions. But on one fateful mission fighting the British, tragedy struck. The British mananged to knock Schatzi out of the plane and he died. Enemy Ace then proceeded to kill all the British soldiers. Most recently he appeared in Booster Gold helping Booster out.

Drazar
9th Jan 2010, 18:09
You know... We have these characters confirmed: Starro arc spreads thru 12 episodes. Wonder Woman and Superman are confirmed....:
http://i45.tinypic.com/v5zs0o.jpg

Could it be we can get the Justice League?!?! :D

TheCluemaster
9th Jan 2010, 18:12
So is the arc going to be through the teasers with a final full episode or will it be a mixture of teaser and full episode?

Drazar
9th Jan 2010, 18:14
No clue. :p It's probably going to be build up by introducing new heroes and then having a 2-parter episode. Kinda like the Owlman arc.

TheCluemaster
9th Jan 2010, 22:31
And here's another one I forgot...

The Fisherman-First appearing in Aquaman #21 Fishy was a master in the black market and used specialized lures and such. Later during Infinite Crisis he was shot dead by two Gotham detectives. An autotopsy revealed it was not the same man as the original. Later a new Fisherman arrived revealing the helmet to be an alien who helped the Fishermen instill fear in their victims.

Drazar
15th Jan 2010, 09:14
http://i48.tinypic.com/301cww5.jpg

Firestorm concept art. :) Source would be Facebook for those curious.

Fun fact about Aquaman's Outrageous Adventure:
http://i50.tinypic.com/2cgf45.jpg
This is the one he visits at Vanity. A platform extending over a chasm, with a small rail around it. Nothing that could prevent anyone from jumping.

Vanity, created by Grant Morrison as the home of his hero Aztek, is well known as the suicide capital of the DCU. There's something just plain WRONG with the place that frequently results in people killing themselves. God i love the Batman: Brave and Bold team. They got such a dark sense of humour at times haha.

Allright it's JSA time! It's the Golden Age of Justice! (http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/WF/bravebold/guides/reviews/31goldenage/)

JSA Flashback (Golden Age Black Canary Costume!) (http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/WF/bravebold/guides/reviews/31goldenage/01.jpg)
Golden Age Batman costume! (http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/WF/bravebold/guides/reviews/31goldenage/09.jpg)
JSA! (http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/WF/bravebold/guides/reviews/31goldenage/03.jpg)

Prince Daka
16th Jan 2010, 03:46
saw "golden age of justice". very uh, watchmen-like. i liked the teaser episode with False Face & detective chimp a lot more. the mystery reveal freaked me out lol i didn't expect it.

Drazar
16th Jan 2010, 05:19
JSA = Minutemen
JLA = The Crime Busters

Yeah there is themes so making a Watchmen-like reference is pretty true. :) I LOVED the Batman TAS symbol in the JSA Museum hall. Let me see if someoen can get a picture of it.

Overall it was a good and enjoyable episode. Liked the Black Cat touch, tho it was rather predictable if you're a comic nerd lol. :p Still it's always cool to see Nazi Robots in a cartoon lol.

Next week! Ras' al Ghul's flying island!

D.A.V.E.
22nd Jan 2010, 04:49
http://worldsfinestonline.com/WF/bravebold/guides/reviews/32sidekicks/

New images and videos up at World's Finest.

My only nitpick is Batman mispronouncing Ra's Al Ghul's name. That was something only done for Timm's series to avoid putting a specific nationality, unless this was the intent.

Drazar
22nd Jan 2010, 10:36
Batman vs. Ras' sword fight?!
http://i973.photobucket.com/albums/ae216/Drazlol/Randomness/GODZILLA-DANCE.gif

Also lol this makes Aquaman's a jerk for not getting his other son to the family vacation! Unless he had to do some protecting or something crazy haha.

Prince Daka
23rd Jan 2010, 01:47
Ra's has some scary deathtraps... puts Jigsaw to shame ;)

the flashback where Green Arrow tells Speedy to get his bow from a swamp full of crocodiles was priceless.

the end of the episode made me realize how much i dislike the nightwing outfit though. even when it doesn't look gay it looks bad.

Drazar
23rd Jan 2010, 18:59
http://i45.tinypic.com/20ue8si.jpg

- Wonder Woman
- Superman
- Martian Manhunter
- Barry Allen the Flash
- Beardless Aquaman
- Black Batsymbol on Batman's chest.

Sauce: Sidekicks Assemble. Anyhow yeah the flashback with Speedy and Arrow was so freaking hilarious. One of the best jokes of the whole show lol. :D The episode was pretty good but i think they missed a golden oppurtinity for Ras' + Poison Ivy team up here, still a great episode and wohoo! DISCOWING!

TheCluemaster
23rd Jan 2010, 19:54
Say.....WHAT?

CHARACTER INFO

Aqualad- First appearing in Adventure Comics #269 Aqualad AKA Garth was left to die by Atlanteans because of his violet eyes. He gets rescued by Aquaman, becomes sidekick, and joins the Teen Titans. He studied Atlantean magic and eventually became Tempest, and was recently killed in Blackest Night #2.

Ra's al Ghul- First appeared in Batman #232. He's bben alive for over 600 years thanks to the Lazarus Pits. He's released a virus called Ebola Gulf killing many Gothamites. Ghul has also almost succeeded in killing the JLA by using Batman's contingency plans. He was killed by his 2 daughters Talia and Nyssa, but was ressurected by his son, Dusan. He his currently helping Tim Drake AKA Red Robin look for Bruce Wayne.

Ubu- Ubu also first appeared in Batman #232. Always loyal, Ubu is actually a mantle taken up by Ra's al Ghul's most loyal servant. Bane at one time took the mantle.

Talia- First appeared in Dtective Comics #411. She's always been torn between Batman and her father. She gave birth to Batman's son Damian. She also worked with Bane and became the leader of the League of Assassins. During the Infinite Crisis she was one of the Inner Circle of The Society. Recently she was also in the Inner Circle of The Society during Final Crisis.

Drazar
23rd Jan 2010, 20:09
Only a mention of the modern name for Batman's son? I am disappoint.

TheCluemaster
23rd Jan 2010, 20:42
Ibn al Xu'ffasch. Happy now you outrageous bugger.

Drazar
23rd Jan 2010, 20:53
If you can figure out from who's commission the Bane design is based off. ;) Then you are my official sidekick!

TheCluemaster
23rd Jan 2010, 21:06
If you can figure out from who's commission the Bane design is based off. ;) Then you are my official sidekick!

What do you mean?

ALSO I WILL FOLD YOU LIKE PAPER FOR NOT TELLING ME HOW TO MAKE VIDEOS APPEAR ON THE FOURMS.

ALSO READ THE LENNY CHRONICLES IN TH BATMAN FANFICITON THREAD. NEW YORK TIMES GAVE IT 100/5.

D.A.V.E.
24th Jan 2010, 04:27
Here's the schedule for February, courtesy of the World's Finest website:

Friday, February 5th, 2010 at 7:30pm (ET) - "A Bat Divided!"
A school field trip goes awry when Dr. Double X causes a lab explosion that fuses slacker science teacher Ronnie to his genius pupil Jason, creating the reluctant hero Firestorm...and unbeknownst them, it leaves Batman divided into three parts!

Friday, February 12th, 2010 at 7:30pm (ET) - "The Super-Batman of Planet X!"
Batman lands on this distant planet Zurr En Arrh and finds a doppelganger Batman, but more surprisingly, on this planet the Caped Crusader has super powers! Together they battle the mad genius Rhotul, who soon learns Batman's super weakness.

Friday, February 19th, 2010 at 7:30pm (ET) - "The Power of Shazam!"
Batman teams with Captain Marvel, the superhero alter ego of the young Billy Batson, to battle Dr. Sivana and Black Adam, who wish to usurp the magic of Shazam that gives Billy his power.

Friday, February 26th, 2010 at 7:30pm (ET) - "Chill of the Night!"
The Spectre and The Phantom Stranger observe Batman as he uncovers the mystery of who killed his parents and travels back in time to team up with his own father.

TheCluemaster
24th Jan 2010, 05:04
Here's the schedule for February, courtesy of the World's Finest website:

Friday, February 5th, 2010 at 7:30pm (ET) - "A Bat Divided!"
A school field trip goes awry when Dr. Double X causes a lab explosion that fuses slacker science teacher Ronnie to his genius pupil Jason, creating the reluctant hero Firestorm...and unbeknownst them, it leaves Batman divided into three parts!

Nice to see Dr. Double X and Firestorm, though I wonder how they can pull off Ronnie as a science teacher:p

Friday, February 12th, 2010 at 7:30pm (ET) - "The Super-Batman of Planet X!"
Batman lands on this distant planet Zurr En Arrh and finds a doppelganger Batman, but more surprisingly, on this planet the Caped Crusader has super powers! Together they battle the mad genius Rhotul, who soon learns Batman's super weakness.

Rework Rhotul a bit and you get Luthor. Coincedence? I think so.

Friday, February 19th, 2010 at 7:30pm (ET) - "The Power of Shazam!"
Batman teams with Captain Marvel, the superhero alter ego of the young Billy Batson, to battle Dr. Sivana and Black Adam, who wish to usurp the magic of Shazam that gives Billy his power.

This is actually my most anticipated episode. Captain Marvel has been one of my favorite characters along with Batman.

Friday, February 26th, 2010 at 7:30pm (ET) - "Chill of the Night!"
The Spectre and The Phantom Stranger observe Batman as he uncovers the mystery of who killed his parents and travels back in time to team up with his own father.

I guess Batman is lucky to have Professor Nichols and his time machine, huh?

Thanks D.A.V.E.

Drazar
24th Jan 2010, 12:45
February will be outrageous. <3 Mark Hamill, Kevin Conroy, Adam West, Julia Newmar AND Batman of Zur en Aarh? Oh yeah.

Drazar
30th Jan 2010, 12:50
The latest episode was so perverted. Face sitting joke haha.

Prince Daka
30th Jan 2010, 23:14
The latest episode was so perverted. Face sitting joke haha.

oh god when i saw that i thought of old friends back when i was in high school who'd say "sit on my face!" to girls on the sidewalk while driving by them in a car.

the episode honestly wasn't all that great though. a few funny jokes but sort of a boring episode. when batman got the metal men to suit up he looked real schizophrenic. the "to be continued..." teaser wasn't as fun as i'd hope. but ah well, cartoon network was pimpin' out that new Clone Wars episode "Meet the Mandalorians" anyway... brave & the bold def took the backseat last night. does anyone else feel Brave and the Bold should get a new schedule? 7:30 on friday & early on Saturday (when i'm asleep) aren't so great.

LIGHTS
31st Jan 2010, 00:14
"sit on my face!" to girls on the sidewalk while driving by them in a car..

ooh.

Drazar
31st Jan 2010, 06:27
http://i46.tinypic.com/dqlqv6.jpg
http://i49.tinypic.com/11r3q5j.jpg

You don't have any recorder thing Daka? Like comcast or something. :p

TheCluemaster
31st Jan 2010, 17:15
Well after riding Hannibal Lecter off of Pluto, I saw the episode. Here is

SUPER HAPPY FUN INFORMATION TIME

FACELESS HUNTER- First appearing in Strange Adventures #124, he has tried to tae over the Earth multiple times only to be foiled by Klee Pan, Bob Colby, and Jim Boone. He was imprisoned in the Spheres of Light until freed by the Enchantress and joined the Forgotten Villains alongside her. Most recently, he fought Young Justice in Zandia and he and a couple other members of his species fought Hal Jordan.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/9f/Faceless_Hunter_0.jpg

METAL MEN- First appearing in Showcase #37. Created by Doc Magnus, who made them with responsometers and the respective metals, fought crime, constantly beating Chemo, the Gas Gang, and the Missile Men. Doc was kidnapped by Egg-Fu, but managed to escape. He rebuilt the Metal Men who have even cazier personalties than before and fought some of their old foes, alongside a new memeber named Copper. They are a backup in the Domm Patrol comics and have fought a man who thought himself to be Douglas, Robot Hunter and the Clique. The members are Gold, Lead, Iron, Tin, Mercury, Platina (Platinum), and Copper.

http://www.comicpasion.com/photos/200/263/001_small.jpg

GAS GANG- First appeared in Metal Men #6. The Gas Gang were creations of Doc Magnus when he became a robot himself. They fought the Metal Men and Doc was turned back to normal. The members are Oxygen, Helium, Chloroform, Carbon Monoxide, and Carbon Dioxide.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_X2Flh5CSe80/RqbOujobp_I/AAAAAAAAAZ4/TNZroz4euXg/s320/gas%2Bgang%2B1.jpg

Drazar
31st Jan 2010, 17:29
http://i45.tinypic.com/290q8ti.jpg'

Would you insert her to your "hard" "drive" ? =p

LIGHTS
31st Jan 2010, 18:15
No thanks.

Drazar
31st Jan 2010, 18:30
No thanks.

http://i48.tinypic.com/30nbuih.png

LIGHTS
31st Jan 2010, 18:54
http://content.ytmnd.com/content/9/2/9/929c42d290caf81ba900cb23bba27d81.jpg

Drazar
2nd Feb 2010, 22:50
ZVYq6bdxayQ

Dr. Double X & Riddler! Sweet!

TheCluemaster
5th Feb 2010, 04:21
I'm on fyah and i'm bumpin and i'm burnin

Drazar
5th Feb 2010, 04:25
Delicious DELICIOUS new info out of Brave & Bold. You might faint, because this is a thing of beaty. (http://www.blogtalkradio.com/kryptonopolis/2010/02/05/producers-of-batman-brave-and-the-bold-james-tucke)

- Zatanna teaser. Written by Paul Dini.
- Poison Ivy confirmed.
- Harley Quinn will appear in Emperor Joker episode. They will do their own version..She is set to appear in Emperor Joker.
- Harley Quinn MAY be in the chorus for Joker's song.
- Aarlen Sorkin WILL NOT voice Harley Quinn. Since this is their version of the character.
- The Birds of Prey roster for Gail Simone's episode is Black Canary, Catwoman & Huntress. They might do another BoP episode with a team-up that includes Barbara Gordon Batgirl.
- a female superhero will get animated for the first time? Miss Marvel?
- Bwanna Beast episode. (Old news tho)
- Barbara Gordon is Batgirl.
- More female heroes coming.
- Starro Invasion.... Surprise?
- Sergeant Rock will appear.
- More Batfamily members... Sheesh who are we even missing? Will we actually get Jason Todd appearance or Tim Drake? Alfred? Does Commissionaire Gordon count? Original Batwoman maybe?
- More Multiverse stuff happening. I Believe Andrea Romano did say Red Hood is making a comeback.
- No Question episode, but he will play a big role in some episode.
-If the show gets another season. They promise a Question show. Judging by the ratings it's quarenteed almost.
- Starro episode IS a 2-parter. This is going to be epic!
- More different multiverse Batmans confirmed.
- Paul Dini wrote Chill of the Night!!!!
- Mark Hamill loves this show!
- Warner Brothers asked them to create a non-grim-dark show. To move away from The Dark Knight theme. So "dark + realism" was a no-go.
- The show right now doesn't have rights for Superman & Wonder Woman characters or villains. They do want Supergirl, Powergirl and so forth for Season 3 tho!

LIGHTS
5th Feb 2010, 19:46
Delicious DELICIOUS new info out of Brave & Bold. You might faint, because this is a thing of beaty. (http://www.blogtalkradio.com/kryptonopolis/2010/02/05/producers-of-batman-brave-and-the-bold-james-tucke)

- Zatanna teaser.
- Poison Ivy confirmed.
- Harley Quinn will appear in Emperor Joker episode. They will do their own version
- Barbara Gordon is Batgirl.
- More female heroes coming.
- The show right now doesn't have rights for Superman & Wonder Woman characters or villains. They do want Supergirl, Powergirl!

This can't get any better.

Prince Daka
6th Feb 2010, 01:07
I loved tonight's episode. the teaser with Riddler was amazing. that's exactly the Riddler i like to see! the main episode was great too, with Slacker Batman being a highlight, as well as Strong Batman taking out all the 3rd rate villains at a Pool room (saw Cluemaster in the bunch lol). 2 thumbs up for "a bat divided!"

Drazar
6th Feb 2010, 02:07
Who cares about some loser like Cluemaster when you got the god damn ERASER!;)

TheCluemaster
6th Feb 2010, 20:53
My magnum opus

The Cluemaster - First Appeared Detective Comics #351. Arthur Brown was a failed game-show host who turned to crime and on his first outing almost figured out Batman's secret identity. He joined Justice League Antarctica and Suicide Squad. He was presumed deceased until he resurfaced under the name Aaron Zblack and ran a political campaign against Batman, for letting his daughter, The Spoiler, "die".

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_JEZG-9fbHdY/SJtirDHr_GI/AAAAAAAAAEE/h0SsxWeuKIw/s320/200px-Cluemaster.jpg

Firestorm - Ronnie Raymond: First Appeared Firestorm #1. Jason Rusch: First Appeared Firestorm Vol. 3 #1. Slacker student Ronnie Raymond and genius Martin Stein were fused together to become Firestorm. Raymond was the youngest memeber of The Justice League, but was sadly killed by Shadow Thief. Ronnie's essence eas funneled into Jason and he became the new Firestorm. Recently Ronnie's come back as a Black Lantern and attacked Jason.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/2/24/Firecstorm_23.jpg/250px-Firecstorm_23.jpg

Dr. Double X - First Appeared Detective Comics #261. Siimon Ecks was a scientist who discovered he could make an energy duplicate of himself. He turned to crime, but was stopped by Batman. He later fought Batman and Superman, and he and Flash villian Rainbow Raider agreed to switch main antagonists. He's currently in Blackgate.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/Batman/images/6/69/Dr._DoubleX_01.jpg

The Brand - First Appeared Batman #137. A cowboy-themed crook, The Brand schemed to steal money from a charity event, but was beaten by The Dynamic Duo.

NO PICTURE

Signalman - First Appeared Batman #112. Phil Cobb thought he could make it big if he used a gimmick. He was wrong. He then switched went under the name The Blue Bowman before returning to Signalman. He is currently a drug addict/informant.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/Batman/images/c/c7/Signalman_01.jpg

The Eraser - First Appeared Batman #188. Lenny Fiasco made alot of mistakes. He decided to erase those mistakes and the mistakes of criminals (for 20% commission) as The Eraser, but he was caught and jailed.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/Batman/images/7/7e/Eraser.jpg

King Cobra - First Appeared Batman #139. A thug with a gang, Kng Cobra was the first villain to fight Bette Kane. He bested her, but Batman and Batwoman came to beat him and his hanchmen.

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x168/wanderingbert/KC.jpg?t=1248137067

Ten-Eyed Man - First Appeared Batman #226. A Vietnam vet, Philip Reardon was working security in Gotham when a bomb blinded him. An underworld surgeon then placed his optic nerves on his fingers.

http://gamesnet.vo.llnwd.net/o1/gamestar/objects/348338_main.jpg

Mr. Camera - First Appeared Batman #81. A criminal who used cameras and photography to commit crimes, Mr. Camera managed to get Batman and Robin changing into civillian clothes. The Dynamic Duo caught wind of his scheme and cleaned this scumbag's clock.

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x168/wanderingbert/Camera.jpg?t=1241758093

Sweet Tooth - First Appeared The New Adventures of Batman (1977). Sweet Tooth converted all of the water in Gotham's water supply to chocolate and demanded $5 million to change it back. Batman, Robin, and Batgirl managed to beat him and sent this tub of lard to the prison cafeteria.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/Batman/images/thumb/b/bb/Sweet_Tooth_01.jpg/340px-Sweet_Tooth_01.jpg

The Spinner - First Appeared Batman #129. Swami Ymar used his sawgun blade and costume to terrorize Gotham. He was captured by the Bat-Family and now is spinning in the Blackgate showers.

http://www.comixconnection.com/uploaded_images/batfan-743503.jpg

Dr. No-Face - First Appeared Detective Comics #319. Bart Magan tried to use a device to erase a facial scar. Instead he erased his face. He went about defacing everything so his men could steal in all the chaos. This faceless fiend eventually met justice.

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x168/wanderingbert/DrNF.jpg?t=1243223028

Firefly - First Appeared Detective Comics #184. Garfield Lynns was a lighting and pyrotechnics expert. he first committed crimes using light, but then switched to his main burning passion: fire. Ted Carson stole the Firefly name and original costume. Lynns took it back only to suffer burns on 90% of his body. He was eventually klled by OMACs and a new Firefly has shown up. Whether this is Lynns, Carson, or a new man has yet to be seen.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/marvel_dc/images/c/cf/Firefly_1.jpg

Atomic-Man - First Appeared Detective Comics #280. Paul Strobe was an electrical engineer who stole and was caught. After being released from prison he wanted revenge against Batman. He invented some gizmos and became the Atomic-Man.

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x168/wanderingbert/Atomic.jpg?t=1241050396

Zodiac Master - First Appeared Detective Comics #323. When he first showed, Zodiac Master predicted a series of events which he made happen. Then he offered to criminals the odds of a successful bank robbery for 25% of the take. He was beaten by Bats.

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/Batman/images/9/9c/Zodiacmaster_01.jpg

Simon The Pieman - First Appeared Batman Cartoon (1968). Simon was a crooked burglar who planned to rob Gotham's World Fair. He was defeated and is now in the company of Sweet Tooth.

Instead of a picture, I got a video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWTfSgxq9ko

Mirror-Man - First Appeared Detective Comics #213. Floyd Ventris was determined to find out who Batman was. To this end he used mrrors to try and do that. Ventris was last seen escaping Blackgate and hasn'tbeen seen since.

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/Batman/images/5/5d/MirrormanComic_.jpg

Drazar
7th Feb 2010, 04:11
Next week we get my favorite Batman:
http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/277/batmanofzurenarrh.jpg
http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/8171/zurenarrh.jpg

And guess who's voicing him? ;) Kevin Conroy himself

D.A.V.E.
7th Feb 2010, 05:44
Batman does not eat nachos!!!

Drazar
7th Feb 2010, 07:00
Batman does not eat nachos!!!

Not groovy. :(

Also Cluemaster you disappoint me. No mention of Lil'cheese? For shame.

TheCluemaster
7th Feb 2010, 18:32
I only said characters. Not mascots on nacho cheese bottles who happen to be characters in the comics. :rasp: :thumb::(

Drazar
7th Feb 2010, 21:09
I only said characters. Not mascots on nacho cheese bottles who happen to be characters in the comics. :rasp: :thumb::(

Excuses Excuses. :p

EliteF50
8th Feb 2010, 03:13
Can't wait to check out Zur-En-Arrh, especially him being voiced by Kevin!

Drazar
8th Feb 2010, 11:13
http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/1002/08/batman.jpg

Clancy Brown confirmed as Rhotul! Awesomeness! Dana Delany also reprises her role as a "Lois Lane" character.

xxhanzyxx
8th Feb 2010, 11:39
Will Nightwing be making an appearance? sorry I never lighten up about my nightwing obsession :)

Also I missed the episode that Robin becomes Nightwing (gutted) Has anyone got a pic or video of him becoming Nightwing please as I cant find one anywhere?

Drazar
9th Feb 2010, 11:03
Will Nightwing be making an appearance? sorry I never lighten up about my nightwing obsession :)

Also I missed the episode that Robin becomes Nightwing (gutted) Has anyone got a pic or video of him becoming Nightwing please as I cant find one anywhere?

Try youtubing "Brave and Bold Nightwing" or "Sidekicks Assemble - Nightwing" and see if you can get anything. He hasn't been confirmed to be on any new episodes so far. Remmeber this show does try to show more unknown characters.

http://i46.tinypic.com/ncxd1i.jpg
Preview for Zur en Aarh episode is up! (http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/WF/bravebold/guides/reviews/35superbatman/)

Man i wonder how they got Kevin Conroy, i bet it went like this:
Andrea Romano: Hey Kevin, wanna voice a super powered Batman?
Kevin Conroy: Haven't i always voiced one? ;)

Prince Daka
9th Feb 2010, 21:39
Try youtubing "Brave and Bold Nightwing" or "Sidekicks Assemble - Nightwing" and see if you can get anything. He hasn't been confirmed to be on any new episodes so far. Remmeber this show does try to show more unknown characters.

he will not find it on youtube as youtube has recently been disallowing part 3's of brave and the bold episodes, which is where nightwing was.

Drazar
10th Feb 2010, 16:56
From Facebook. :(

Batman: The Brave and the Bold New episodes previously announced for February have been postponed indefinitely, including this week. We'll keep you updated when Cartoon Network announces the new schedule.

LIGHTS
10th Feb 2010, 17:15
:thud:

Prince Daka
10th Feb 2010, 22:33
If it will be postponed they will show reruns though right? Maybe they'll air "Sidekicks Assemble" again, jvini.

TheCluemaster
11th Feb 2010, 01:58
If it will be postponed they will show reruns though right? Maybe they'll air "Sidekicks Assemble" again, jvini.

They better not. Air Golden Age of Justice!

To the postponed indefinitely:

http://www.spoonyexperiment.com/img/movie-reviews/alien-resurrection/img07.jpg

Prince Daka
11th Feb 2010, 02:11
^ hahaha, the guy from Alien Resurrection... priceless face

Drazar
11th Feb 2010, 02:30
CARTOON NETWORK ADJUSTS SCHEDULE

Cartoon Network has adjusted its schedule for February, effecting both The Super Hero Squad Show and Batman: The Brave and the Bold.

No new episodes of Batman: The Brave and the Bold, including the previously scheduled "The Super-Batman of Planet X!" are now scheduled for February.

Repeat episodes will include "Revenge of the Reach!" on Friday, Feb. 12; "Aquaman's Outrageous Adventure" on Friday, Feb. 19; and "The Golden Age of Justice!" on Friday, Feb. 26.

Cluemaster gets his wish. :p

Prince Daka
11th Feb 2010, 02:49
the aquaman & golden age episodes are great, i'll be looking forward to watching those again since i haven't since they've been aired. revenge of the reach i could care less for though.

xxhanzyxx
11th Feb 2010, 22:18
Try youtubing "Brave and Bold Nightwing" or "Sidekicks Assemble - Nightwing" and see if you can get anything. He hasn't been confirmed to be on any new episodes so far. Remmeber this show does try to show more unknown characters..

And Nightwing is a unknown :D

he will not find it on youtube as youtube has recently been disallowing part 3's of brave and the bold episodes, which is where nightwing was.

Im a she Prince Daka :flowers: And was gutted that I couldnt find Part three :mad2: Why do that to me Youtube!!!

D.A.V.E.
12th Feb 2010, 03:07
Apparently, the new episodes will resume in late March.

TheCluemaster
12th Feb 2010, 21:02
I almost forgot I needed to watch REVENGE OF THE REACH!.

Lovin' Pimp Magnus.

Friskies
13th Feb 2010, 04:42
wow, i keep missing all of the new episodes. Glad they'll be playing some re-runs so i can catch up @_@

Drazar
13th Feb 2010, 19:10
You can download the Kevin Conroy episode from PSN Store or Itunes. :) I heard Matches Malorne identity of Batman makes an appearance!

Drazar
22nd Feb 2010, 20:04
Sorry lads but i lack an official description, you can buy it at itunes and PSN (US store) for 3 bucks or so. :) Anyhow i'll put the teaser and episode spoilers in the spoiler tags:
Teaser

Faceless Hunter is taking down heroes that might offer resistance to the Starro invasion. Literally almost *every* hero we know is now a Starro slave. Blue Beetle, Flash, Huntress, Black Canary, Aquaman, Green Arrow, Plastic Man, ... I mean pretty much everyone! I really do believe this is going to be the two-parter we see Superman, Wonder Woman and so forth!

Oh and Red Tornado gets killed, because Faceless Hunter couldn't use a Starro mindcontrol starfish. =/ Ofcourse he can be rebuild... I hope.

The Power of Shazam!

So Billy Batson is an orphan and well the episode opens with Dr. Sivana and the Sivana family fightning againts Batman! Sivana wants to stop world wide communications via satelites and whatnot! Ofcourse the world's most fiendist doctor faces up with Captain Marvel! But oh noes! Captain gets trapped! Have no fear! SHAZAM! O noes!!! It was a trap all along! Dr. Sivana wanted the Shazam powered lightning for himself to summon: BLACK ADAM!

Black Adam has been exiled to a far away planet and possibly with no powers, but thats what Sivana does with the Shazam lightning, empowers him and requests him to kill off Captain Marvel, also we get to see BAT-MECHA ONCE AGAIN IN 2D! Nomore 3D model! Awesome fight scenes ensured! Adam DESTROYS the Bat-mecha easily but Captain Marvel holds on his own! Sivana also has a plan to make sure Black Adam himself wont rule the world, but luckily Batman also has a sonic-ray weapon that works nicely againts Black Adam, but yeah bad guys escape!

Billy and Batman go to meet the wizard Shazam and we learn Black Adam's origin! He became corrupted thru his own powers and greed yada yada, and thus the Wizard banished him to the furthrest stars. Oh no! Sivana had a GPS-tracker on Billy! So Sivana and Black Adam attack the Wizard's cave! Oh the drama!

The last minutes are awesome! Sivana all in the end backstabbed Black Adam and whatnot! It's outrageous! This is AN EXCITING PLOT! I love it! CAPTAIN SIVANA, **** YEAH! Also Batman has insane tech gear lol.

I won't spill how they save the day, but the ending is heart warming as Billy gets orphaned by the Brownfield family, and we see a cameo by Mary Marvel in her mortalself.

Now this is what i call a great episode of JUSTICE. It has a heart warming subplot and a heart wamring connection between Batman and Billy Batson, theres a great quote i won't spoil but sooner or later it will pop by this thread.

Good episode, heart warming, with nice action scenes and FOR JUSTICE! Not sure how to rate it, perhaps 8 or 9 out of ten... Teaser was by far hype bringing. :)

Friskies
23rd Feb 2010, 00:30
hah! I love that expression. can't wait to see the episode actually air though

Bat_Fan
24th Feb 2010, 11:15
watched the episode, it was awesome having konroy as bats again, also clancy brown was in it, the guy that played lex luthor, that was cool also.

KnightHero
24th Feb 2010, 22:37
i like how in this show, if you look at like people in the streets or whatever, they look like a cleaned-up version of people in TAS.

Drazar
27th Feb 2010, 21:06
You can download Chill of the Night now from iTunes. It's beyond words... It's just amazing and grim dark. Darker than any BTAS episode and almost as dark as Mask of Phantasm.

You guys are in for a treat. Mark Hamill, Kevin Conroy and Diedrich Bader steal the show, but Adam West was still awesome!

KnightHero
28th Feb 2010, 04:48
You can download Chill of the Night now from iTunes. It's beyond words... It's just amazing and grim dark. Darker than any BTAS episode and almost as dark as Mask of Phantasm.

You guys are in for a treat. Mark Hamill, Kevin Conroy and Diedrich Bader steal the show, but Adam West was still awesome!

that episode was...
EPIC!

Drazar
28th Feb 2010, 11:34
It's also good that they hire Hamill to not use the Joker voice. It's great to see him use his talent instead of his typical Joker/Bad guy voice.

KnightHero
28th Feb 2010, 14:01
did you notice how batman's cape and cowl looked black with a blue shine this episode? just like tas.

Drazar
28th Feb 2010, 14:39
Don't forget the sky was also red just like in BTAS. Also Richard Moll also made his guest appearance did you notice that? :) Doing his Two-Face voice once again. :D

KnightHero
1st Mar 2010, 02:48
I'd say, 5 billion stars, three thumbs up. :D

Prince Daka
6th Mar 2010, 09:56
Don't forget the sky was also red just like in BTAS. Also Richard Moll also made his guest appearance did you notice that? :) Doing his Two-Face voice once again. :D

Yup, I did notice that immediately. I always loved his Two-Face voice. It's what the movie versions of the character lacked.

This episode marked the first appearance of Poison Ivy on the show, right? I am hoping Clayface is next in line for a big villain cameo... they certainly keep comin'.

Drazar
6th Mar 2010, 13:29
Mr. Freeze's 1st appearance too! Now we got both Mr. Zero and Mr. Freeze! :cool:

Drazar
19th Mar 2010, 10:28
James Tucker Interview! (http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/WF/bravebold/backstage/interviews/wftucker03.php)

- Doom Patrol confirmed.
- More Marvel Family, ya!
- Siege of Starro will be HUGE. Everyone whos more or less appeared in the show will make an appearance, this is going to be epic!
- Andrea Romano is voice directing Batman: The Brave & The Bold: The Video Game
- 4 Flashes will have their own centric episode. Enjoy it Flash fans!

Old_BenKenobi
20th Mar 2010, 01:37
Chill of the Night was amazing in every. Single. Way.

Drazar
27th Mar 2010, 19:57
http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/news.php/news.php?action=fullnews&id=708

Friday, April 2nd, 2010 at 7:30pm (ET) - "Power of Shazam!" -- New!

Friday, April 9th, 2010 at 7:30pm (ET) - "Chill of the Night!" -- New!
The Spectre and The Phantom Stranger observe Batman as he uncovers the mystery of who killed his parents and travels back intime to team up with his own father.

Friday, April 16th, 2010 at 7:30pm (ET) - "Gorillas in Our Midst!" -- New!
Gorilla Grodd and his super secret ape alliance replace Gotham's entire human population with gorillas. Batman teams with Detective Chimp, B'Wana Beast and Vixen to thwart the mad Grodd's plans.

Aw yeah! Detective Chimp!

Prince Daka
28th Mar 2010, 00:14
http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/news.php/news.php?action=fullnews&id=708

Aw yeah! Detective Chimp!

Nice!

Drazar
5th Apr 2010, 10:56
Andrea Romano interview. (http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/1004/02/andrearomano.htm)

She's pretty much talking about how she wants to cast older BTAS and The Batman voice actors as guest stars on some episodes pretty much. She even jokes about having all the Batmen together.

Abeja
6th Apr 2010, 05:00
Wow that Kevin Conroy episode was awesome. Cant wait for the Chill of the Night. Also, that Starro stuff looked sweet.

Abeja
10th Apr 2010, 02:02
Just watched the Chill of the Night. WOW WHAT AN AWESOME EPISODE. Seriously, the best one of this series I think. The voice acting was top notch. I couldnt even tell Hamill was Spectre but he freaking nailed it. His final line was so damn spot on I had to watch it again "Well I wouldnt know anything about that".. It was nice to hear Moll again, and that classic voice. I hope he does more voice work. And Jeff Bennett does an awesome job as Joker. What an episode, what a cast.

If anyone had doubs about this show just watch this one episode.

Old_BenKenobi
10th Apr 2010, 02:56
I loved Spectre's last line. So creepy.

Drazar
12th Apr 2010, 13:09
http://i39.tinypic.com/r0xbg0.jpg

The greatest Gorilla gangster of Gotham will make an appearance alongside other Gorilla villains in the next episode. I freaking love this show and it's obscurity. Detective Chimp will also have alot more dialogue in the episode. Still freaking Gorilla Boss, aw yeah! :cool:

freeze131
15th Apr 2010, 16:16
I just finished watching the Kevin Conroy episode. And boy was it amazing! It was great to have Kevin back as a form of Batman.

Drazar
15th Apr 2010, 18:16
Gorillas in our midts tomorrow, yeah baby! (http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/WF/bravebold/guides/reviews/38gorillas/)

Seems Hamill is reprising his role as Spectre. :) He absolutely loves this show, so he must be having fun playing a new character instead of the Joker.

Old_BenKenobi
15th Apr 2010, 22:32
More Spectre? Very cool!

Prince Daka
16th Apr 2010, 03:34
watch all the brave & the bold haters suddenly embrace the show as the BTAS voiceactors are appearing more.

can't wait for this gorilla boss episode... i thought emperor joker was next though? what happened to that

EliteF50
16th Apr 2010, 04:39
That's great! I love Hamill's Spectre voice. But what about Kevin? Will he be coming back?

Drazar
16th Apr 2010, 06:40
watch all the brave & the bold haters suddenly embrace the show as the BTAS voiceactors are appearing more.

Exactly my thoughts. Still i'm very pleased Andrea didn't ask Hamill to pull the Joker voice. His Spectre voice is pretty damn cool. I'm more excited to hear whats the other character Adam West as asked to voice tho. ;)

@Elite: When Conroy returns on some episode or teaser. You'll hear about it in this thread.

can't wait for this gorilla boss episode... i thought emperor joker was next though? what happened to that

Ah it seems Gorillas in our Midts is the last new episode fo a month again. CN is showing reruns to check out the viewers. They're still debating about whether to give more seasons or not or something. Kinda silly consider the viewer is HIGH on the show.

Prince Daka
17th Apr 2010, 00:46
Exactly my thoughts. Still i'm very pleased Andrea didn't ask Hamill to pull the Joker voice. His Spectre voice is pretty damn cool. I'm more excited to hear whats the other character Adam West as asked to voice tho. ;)

@Elite: When Conroy returns on some episode or teaser. You'll hear about it in this thread.

Ah it seems Gorillas in our Midts is the last new episode fo a month again. CN is showing reruns to check out the viewers. They're still debating about whether to give more seasons or not or something. Kinda silly consider the viewer is HIGH on the show.

Ha, Spectre has killed two villains so far. Ridiculous. Poor Professor Milo. Good for Joe Chill though. Hope no one I like is victimized by him in the future... if the future of this show happens. I'd be really annoyed if the show ends/gets cancelled soon. I wouldn't know who to blame more, the obnoxious batman fans who can't stomach anything 'campy' (creative), or the television network for leaving Batman:Brave&The Bold on a terrible time slot once or twice a week, with several month-long delays this season, & almost absolutely no real promotion for the show. If a show as terrible as Star Wars: The Clone Wars can get hyped, why can't a great show like Brave & The Bold get the same treatment? The even funnier thing is before Brave & The Bold, all Batman Animated fans did was complain about 'The Batman', which attempted to revise the Batman universe for the fans who wanted it to go darker.

Anyway, on an optimistic note, Mark Hamill sounds even better as Spectre than he does as Joker in Arkham Asylum. He is an old guy now so he should stick with roles like such, because let's be honest, Joker should sound younger.

& Detective Chimp is great. one of the best team-ups so far this series (not as good as Booster Gold though) ;)

Drazar
17th Apr 2010, 01:26
http://i42.tinypic.com/10qc5yh.jpg

This picture sums up my thoughts on the episode. It was outrageous and quite the James Bond episode. :D Detective Chim was downright pimpin and Vixen's design was purrffect! Gorilla Grodd's obsession with Batman's demise is actually a really cool move with the show.

Spectre teaser was downright dark, further giving the slap to the haters who think Brave and Bold isn't dark whatsoever.

@Daka: Well you have to remember the delays we're due to Olympics and a chance to have reruns for the show. The children viewer is quite high and thats the important thing. It's also pretty high on the adult watch list pretty much.

Old_BenKenobi
17th Apr 2010, 02:32
Anyway, on an optimistic note, Mark Hamill sounds even better as Spectre than he does as Joker in Arkham Asylum. He is an old guy now so he should stick with roles like such, because let's be honest, Joker should sound younger

Lol, I think thats kinda funny. I think that Hamill's Joker sounds better in his older age than in his younger years. All that laughing would leave the guy sounding a little raw, wouldn't it? :p

D.A.V.E.
17th Apr 2010, 03:22
I wouldn't worry about the show's future. It has been renewed to reach 65 episodes, as going by the news report a few months back.

Now, Spidey on the other hand...

mwkcope
17th Apr 2010, 03:50
Whats wrong with Spidey?

freeze131
17th Apr 2010, 06:52
Whats wrong with Spidey?

The Spectacular Spiderman series has been canceled.

Drazar
17th Apr 2010, 15:39
Make a thread in Community chat if you wish to discuss Spidey.

D.A.V.E.
19th Apr 2010, 22:07
So, the latest episode was fun, but I wish Grodd would stop hogging the spotlight already. I wanted Gorilla Boss and Monsieur Mallah to betray him and take over as main villains.

EliteF50
19th Apr 2010, 22:20
Now this is the kind of episode I don't like. When Batman teams up with a talking chimp... :\

Old_BenKenobi
20th Apr 2010, 00:25
I didn't watch the episode, but Batman teaming up with a talking chimp sounds badass lol.

Drazar
21st Apr 2010, 18:23
I didn't watch the episode, but Batman teaming up with a talking chimp sounds badass lol.

Oh it was downright badass. Detective Chimp was pretty much 007. :D Gorilla Boss and Monsier Mallah made their first appearances too!

From Facebook:

Batman: The Brave and the Bold Batman: The Brave and the Bold has been renewed through 2011 with 13 new episodes on top of the remaining unaired adventures from season two!

This pleases me. :)

freeze131
22nd Apr 2010, 07:41
Oh it was downright badass. Detective Chimp was pretty much 007. :D Gorilla Boss and Monsier Mallah made their first appearances too!

From Facebook:

This pleases me. :)

Only 13?

Drazar
22nd Apr 2010, 14:13
Only 13?

Well a show like The Batman for example only had 13 episodes per season. They had a deal of 56-60 episodes or so, so Brave and Bold has done like 26 episodes per season, so yeah i take it CN is just being cautious... Which is rather silly, since this show is doing really really well! Ah well we always just have to remember this great rule:

http://i973.photobucket.com/albums/ae216/Drazlol/Randomness/Enjoythelittlethings.jpg

Drazar
28th May 2010, 12:20
From Facebook:

Australian fans will be able to watch a brand new, never before seen episode this Saturday on Nine Network's Kids WB block at 10:35a! "Requiem for a Scarlet Speedster!" Barry Allen has long been presumed dead, but his "ghost" has been haunting Jay Garrick and Kid Flash. When Batman sees it too, they realize he is not dead!

Summer just got more outrageous!

freeze131
28th May 2010, 12:59
From Facebook:

Summer just got more outrageous!

Yay, I'm Australian. This is one thing I won't miss out on.

KnightHero
28th May 2010, 13:47
lucky.

freeze131
28th May 2010, 13:49
lucky.
You can't say that you (Americans) usually get all the episodes first. You get a lot more privileges than I would.

Prince Daka
28th May 2010, 23:53
i'm so bored i need more batman. drazar, do you know when the remaining brave & the bold episodes from season 2 are going to air?

Drazar
28th May 2010, 23:59
Starts in June, prince! Australians are just getting a very delicious early taste.

Prince Daka
29th May 2010, 00:03
thanks, drazar. i was getting impatient with the reruns (the last couple were season 1 eps) but now i can relax knowing a new one is around the corner

freeze131
29th May 2010, 10:42
Just watched the Flash episode - you guys are going to absolutely love it! ;)

GOGO
29th May 2010, 12:10
Damn I overslept and missed it. I turned on the tv just as some Dennis cartoon was coming on.

Drazar
1st Jun 2010, 00:31
Oh noes! :( Apparently No new episodes until July.... (http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/news.php/news.php?action=fullnews&id=760) ;_____;

KnightHero
1st Jun 2010, 01:12
shoot.

Drazar
9th Jul 2010, 09:01
Don't forget it was written by Greg Weisman! :D

Anyhow Siege of Starro aired today in Europe/UK atleast! I saw it... and Loved it! I guess i can spoil who are the heroes fightning the invasion:
Batman, Captain Marvel, B'wana Beast, Booster Gold and Firestorm!

Anyhow: Justice League International confirmed for Brave and Bold Season 3! (http://www.ifanboy.com/content/articles/Interview__J_M__DeMatteis_on_Kraven_and_Booster_Gold)

And even more info:
My first reunion with the JLI came a few weeks back when I was working on an episode of Batman: The Brave and the Boldthat featured Bats and the DCAU (that’s DC Animated Universe, in case you don’t know) incarnation of our League.Okay, so they’re not exactly our team—the new Blue Beetle has replaced Ted Kord—but they’re awfully close and it was tremendous fun writing that script, which also features one of my all-time favorite characters, Jack Kirby’s classic monster, the Demon.
Link: http://jmdematteis.blogspot.com/2010/03/odds-and-ends.html

Originally Posted by J.M. DeMatteis
Unfortunately for the Ted Kord fans out there -- and that includes me -- the Blue Beetle in the JLI episodes is the new BB, Jaime Reyes. That said, I've enjoyed writing Jaime's character and I've tried to inject some of the old Beetle-Booster chemistry into the JLI stories. We'll see if I succeeded once the episodes air, next season.

"The Last Patrol," which teams Batman with the Doom Patrol, is the next to air, later in the summer. Next up after that are team-ups with the Demon, Justice League International and Green Lantern. (I assume they'll be on in the fall.)

and an episode of Brave and the Bold that features everybody's favorite Green Lantern, Hal Jordan

I've said it once and i'll say it again: I love this show!

KnightHero
11th Sep 2010, 15:31
Batman the Brave and the bold is returning in the US on september 17! :D The siege of starro is airing!

D.A.V.E.
11th Sep 2010, 20:38
Apparently The Nine Network in Australia is getting new episodes. Here's the descriptions:

The Last Patrol!
The outsider-heroes The Doom Patrol are pulled out of a hasty retirement when supervillains begin trying to
assassinate them, or perhaps re-unite them?

The Mask Of Matches Malone!
Batman, Huntress and Black Canary are after Two-Face and so is Catwoman. While incognito, Batman gets
amnesia and believes himself to be a real gangster

Green Lantern
14th Sep 2010, 07:07
Hello fellow Batfans i have some news for you.

Cartoon Network has provided episode details for upcoming new episodes of Batman: The Brave and The Bold. Additionally, Teletoon has provided schedule details for Batman: The Brave and The Bold and Justice League episodes slated to air on the Canadian network in September 2010.

Made available by the network, Cartoon Network has released details for upcoming new episodes of Batman: The Brave and The Bold slated to air later this month, September 2010. The World's Finest previously published schedule details for upcoming new episodes of Batman: The Brave and The Bold, available here, and Cartoon Network has now provided episode-specific details for new installments of the series scheduled to air this month on the network.

Friday, September 17th, 2010 at 7:00pm (ET) - "The Siege of Starro!, Part One!"
Led by Faceless Hunter, the Starro Invasion comes on full swing. Only Batman and a handful of unlikely heroes remain uninfected to thwart the alien parasites and their mind-controlled hosts before all of Earth is sucked dry.

Friday, September 24th, 2010 at 7:00pm (ET) - "The Siege of Starro!, Part Two!"
Star Conqueror may be defeated, but Faceless Hunter is not! The alien warrior manipulates B'Wana Beast, forcing him to combine the tiny starros into one massive beast he plans to use to destroy the planet! But Batman has his own back-up -- the Metal Men!

In continuing schedule news, below are official descriptions and airdates for episodes of the Batman: The Brave and The Bold animated series slated to air in September 2010 on the Canadian network Teletoon. Please note the episode details listed below are provided by Teletoon.

Friday, September 3rd, 2010 - "Terror on Dinosaur Island!"
Batman and Plastic Man thwart Gorilla Grodd's plot to devolve humans into primates.

Sunday, September 5th, 2010 - "Evil Under the Sea!"
Batman aids Aquaman as Ocean Master and Black Manta team up to assassinate him.

Sunday, September 19th, 2010 - "Day of the Dark Knight!"
Batman and Green Arrow are transported back in time by Merlin to go on a quest to retrive Excalibur, but must defeat Morgan Le Fey in the process.

Sunday, September 26th, 2010 - "Invasion of the Secret Santas!"
Batman and Red Tornado fight to stop Fun Haus' Yuletide crime spree.

Batman: The Brave and The Bold currently airs Sunday at 9am (ET) on the Teletoon "Action Force" programming block, but will move to 9:30am (ET) beginning Sunday, September 19th, 2010. Sunday-premiering episodes re-air Fridays at 7pm (ET) as part of the "Superfan Fridays" programming block. Please note that Batman: The Brave and The Bold will be pre-empted on Friday, September 10th, 2010, Sunday, September 12th, 2010, and Friday, September 17th, 2010 due to special programming events on Teletoon.

Continuing the episode schedule update, below are official descriptions and airdates for the episodes of the classic Justice League animated series slated for August 2010 on the Canadian network Teletoon. Once again, the episode details listed below are provided by Teletoon.

Friday, September 3rd, 2010 - "The Brave and The Bold, Part One"
Joining forces, Flash and Green Lantern fight to save Central City from the mind control of an evil supergenius named Gorilla Grodd. Part one of two.

Friday, September 24th, 2010 - "The Brave and The Bold, Part Two"
Joining forces, Flash and Green Lantern fight to save Central City from the mind control of an evil supergenius named Gorilla Grodd. Part two of two.

Justice League currently airs Friday at 8:00pm (ET) on the Teletoon "Superfan Fridays" programming block, though will move to the 7:30pm (ET) timeslot beginning September 24th, 2010. Please note that Justice League will be pre-empted on Friday, September 10th, 2010 and Friday, September 17th, 2010 due to special programming events. Click here for further details on Justice League.

Lastly, Teletoon Retro has not yet provided schedule details for Batman: The Animated Series episodes scheduled to air on the specialty Canadian network for September 2010. Stay tuned for further schedule and Batman: The Brave and The Bold updates here soon at The World's Finest.

http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/news.php/news.php?action=fullnews&id=840

D.A.V.E.
17th Sep 2010, 19:32
Synopsis for an upcoming episode:

Menace Of The Madniks!
Booster Gold misses his late best bud, Blue Beetle, but when he travels back in time to hang with him, he throws
the present into chaos and Batman must travel back with him to fix the mistakes and get one last adventure in
with the hero before he passes on.

Craploads of new info for the upcoming season!

http://io9.com/5640341/learn-how-superman-wonder-woman-and-scooby-doo-will-appear-on-batman-the-brave-and-the-bold

Drazar
17th Sep 2010, 19:35
http://i973.photobucket.com/albums/ae216/Drazlol/Randomness/Outrageous-Smily.gif

D.A.V.E.
28th Sep 2010, 20:18
http://whosnews.usaweekend.com/2010/09/%E2%80%98batman-the-brave-and-the-bold%E2%80%99-returns-tonight-prepares-for-the-coming-of-justice-league-international/

New, delicious info on the show's take on the Justice League International, as well as some season three stuff.

Drazar
30th Sep 2010, 08:04
Mixed feelings with Aquaman in JLI. He's awesome and all, but sometimes you gotta limit that awesomeness. Big Barda and Mister Miracle could have been a nice choice if you ask me.

The_Mad_Batter
3rd Oct 2010, 03:57
I thought they were cancelling this show.

D.A.V.E.
3rd Oct 2010, 21:40
I thought they were cancelling this show.

Nope. They are ENDING it. Big difference.

Drazar
3rd Oct 2010, 21:44
Hey Dave did ya hear the news we're getting new episodes in October? Specifically the ones Australia has been showing from Ted Kord to Doom Patrol to Birds of Prey! Also late October we get Emperor Joker! With Jeff Bennet singing!

http://i973.photobucket.com/albums/ae216/Drazlol/Randomness/NPH-Shower.gif

My body is ready for some Emperor Joker.

D.A.V.E.
3rd Oct 2010, 21:47
Yes, "Requiem for a Scarlet Speedster!" should be the newest one I've seen. Looking forward for some Doom Patrol action. The Birds of Prey episode also seems very interesting.

D.A.V.E.
11th Oct 2010, 18:33
Here's some info on upcoming episodes of the show, to be aired soon in Cartoon Network Pakistan:

The Criss Cross Conspiracy: The long-retired Batwoman sees an opportunity for revenge against the villain who humiliated her: the Riddler.

Plague of the Prototypes: When Batman is on call, Gotham is kept safe by his squad of trusty Bat-Robots, but when Black Mask reprograms the unstoppable soldiers.

Cry Freedom Fighters: The alien's numbers prove overwhelming and it falls on Plastic Man to find the patriotism within to stop them.

Cue Neil Patrick Harris GIF in three, two, one...

KnightHero
22nd Oct 2010, 23:32
Emperor Joker=weirdest Batman cartoon ever made, ever.

Drazar
23rd Oct 2010, 14:24
Jeff Bennet's Joker musical scene was awesome! The whole episode was also insanely cynical with Batman getting murdered over and over. Meghan's Harley Quinn voice was also very cute.

KnightHero
23rd Oct 2010, 14:44
Yeah, I was surprised they got away with showing Batman getting dunked in a tank of acid, then showing his dead skeleton.

Drazar
23rd Oct 2010, 14:49
Well Brave and the Bold has been the darkest and most gruesome cartoon out of Batman for a while now, but the acid tank was just adding more cruel humour. The dialogue was also pretty cynically hilarious with Joker gladly declaring he wants to kill Batman more and more.

D.A.V.E.
26th Oct 2010, 17:58
http://www.tvtonight.com.au/advance-guides

Plague Of The Prototypes!
When Batman is on call, Gotham is kept safe by his squad of trusty Bat-Robots, but when Black Mask reprograms the unstoppable soldiers to do his bidding, Batman must blow the dust off "Proto", his bumbling beta-test robot to help him stop the villain

EDIT: Now with clips and images:

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/1011/02/index.htm

Drazar
2nd Nov 2010, 16:48
http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/1011/02/index.htm

Black Mask sounds creepy! Loving the classic look on him! :cool: Also awesome to see Adam West again!

D.A.V.E.
3rd Nov 2010, 22:12
Synopsi for future episodes here:

http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/news.php/news.php?action=fullnews&id=887

Drazar
4th Nov 2010, 12:45
Friday, November 26th, 2010 at 7:00pm (ET) - "Knights of Tomorrow!"
A glimpse into the future reveals Dick Grayson has assumed the Batman mantle after the Caped Crusader retired and fathered a son, Damian, with Catwoman. Despite his parents' wishes, Damian does not want to follow their legacy, but when Joker returns, he may have no choice!

My body is not ready for this epicness... Hope this is written by Morrison! Also *very* excited for Darkseid episode!

KnightHero
4th Nov 2010, 21:16
Friday, November 26th, 2010 at 7:00pm (ET) - "Knights of Tomorrow!"
A glimpse into the future reveals Dick Grayson has assumed the Batman mantle after the Caped Crusader retired and fathered a son, Damian, with Catwoman. Despite his parents' wishes, Damian does not want to follow their legacy, but when Joker returns, he may have no choice!

Holy crap! A few months ago I had a dream where this happened! I'm not even kidding!

Drazar
6th Nov 2010, 11:00
Holy crap! A few months ago I had a dream where this happened! I'm not even kidding!

It's going to be intriquing will Damian have red hair or black in this show. Since it's an amalgam of Bruce Wayne jr and Damian Wayne.

Anyhow the Proto episode was fantastic!

D.A.V.E.
12th Nov 2010, 01:06
http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/news.php/news.php?action=fullnews&id=896

New images and videos from "Cry Freedom Fighters" and "Knights of Tomorrow" are available now.

Old_BenKenobi
12th Nov 2010, 01:56
Damn I really need to get caught up on this show.

Drazar
12th Nov 2010, 06:24
http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/news.php/news.php?action=fullnews&id=896

New images and videos from "Cry Freedom Fighters" and "Knights of Tomorrow" are available now.

Hooray for patriotism! Tho i'm far more excited for Knights of Tomorrow! Hopefully we'll see the Joker using monkeys againts Dick Grayson. It's also always funny to see Robins using Tim Drake's costume.

KnightHero
20th Nov 2010, 00:33
Knights of Tomorrow was AMAZING!

Drazar
20th Nov 2010, 13:59
All the trivias and cameos we're absolutely outstanding. Clark Kent, Oliver Queen and the Joker death references from DCAU we're fun to hear! Best part was the little trivia with the voice acting for me:

Adult Damian voiced by Diedrich Bader, and Damian's son the newest Robin voiced by Diedrich's son Sebastian Bader. :)

Damian's motivation to become a Robin was heart touching. :*(

D.A.V.E.
1st Dec 2010, 04:15
The World's Finest provides screencaps and videos for "Darkseid Descending":

http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/WF/bravebold/guides/reviews/50darkseid/

Here's also the cast:

Here's the cast as well, also provided by the site:
Diedrich Bader (Batman)
Bill ***erbakke (Ronnie)
Tyler James Williams (Firestorm)
Jennifer Hale (Killer Frost, Ice)
Grey Delisle (Fire)
Tom Everett Scott (Booster Gold)
Billy West (Skeets)
John DiMaggio (Aquaman)
Michael Leon Wooley (Darkseid)
Nicholas Guest (The Question, Martian Manhunter)
Will Friedle (Blue Beetle)
James Arnold Taylor (Guy Gardner)

Drazar
7th Jan 2011, 05:54
Batboy and Rubin! (http://dcu.blog.dccomics.com/files/2011/01/595pt002.jpg)

New episodes should arrive in a few weeks.