PDA

View Full Version : Way to completely mess up a game...

FunkyMunky
22nd Sep 2009, 20:40
After so much anticipation and the sheer amount of work the devs went through to create this its let down by some complete game breaking errors in coding. I purchased the game on launch and installed. Plays perfectly on my computer really getting into the game and then the second Scarecrow Dream sequence I can't grapple up. I search forums high and low and find out I'm not the only one. I do the .ini edit and glide over after a couple attempts (not that I should to edit config files for a purchased game).

And then once I thought I was making progress again another game breaking glitch/error. Chasing after the Head Of Arkham using the scent detective thing I come to a cave with a metal door and 4 henchmen talking on the other side. And again I cannot grapple up. I search high and low again and now I cannot get past this part and no editing of the config files will help me now.

Well Rocksteady presentation wise you done fantastically and I was really immersed in the game the story and was really enjoying a game for the first time in a long time but now unfortunatley the game has gone back to the retailer who said they wouldn't refund it but once I said I can legally do it within 28 days because it was purchased on credit card. They had to take it back. So because of your shambolic quality assurance PC wise you've lost out on €50 of my money.

I know this is ridiculous posting something like this *****ing about you're not getting my money (I work for Sony VAIO computers and people complain like this all the time) I'm just disappointed for something I was looking forward to crash and burn not just once but twice.

FunkyMunky
22nd Sep 2009, 20:43
And before someone chimes in with "its pirated GTFO" like you've done on other posts in this forum the game was purchased legitimately from an Xtra Vision store here in Ireland.

Nemesis296
22nd Sep 2009, 20:45
And then once I thought I was making progress again another game breaking glitch/error. Chasing after the Head Of Arkham using the scent detective thing I come to a cave with a metal door and 4 henchmen talking on the other side. And again I cannot grapple up. I search high and low again and now I cannot get past this part and no editing of the config files will help me now.

I don't remember this part of the game :scratch: care to refresh my memory so I can help? :)

...believe me, I remember most of it...I've played it through 3 times from beginning to end, and found all the Riddler challenges twice :D

Cirap
22nd Sep 2009, 21:00
I only encountered a few bugs (one of them within a few minutes of playing)

- the first vent I crawled into I somehow got stuck on something and had to load from checkpoint

- menu froze for about 20 seconds after "Press Start"

- floating blood decal in some showers

and that's all I can remember. three things. two of them very minor. game has worked flawlessly besides that

pleomax
22nd Sep 2009, 21:47
Just finished the story. Excellent game, really enjoyed it. No crashes, no problems.

Doing some of the challenges now.

So you took the game back and demanded a refund, because you couldn't grapple up to something, meh, you probably pirated the game and you've come on hear to complain, because it seems like a lame excuse to return a game.

vuviper
22nd Sep 2009, 22:00
I actually think its most likely that he didn't know what he was supposed to do so he thought there was something wrong with the game, it seems to happen a lot more than I realized.

FunkyMunky
22nd Sep 2009, 22:06
I actually think its most likely that he didn't know what he was supposed to do so he thought there was something wrong with the game, it seems to happen a lot more than I realized.

Well the first issue is well known.

And the second issue has been mentioned also you have to grapple up over a metal gate and down to fight the 4 guys according to GameFAQs.com and low and behold you cannot grapple up similar to the Scarecrow 2 issue.

The_Hylden
22nd Sep 2009, 22:10
Strange. Well, glad I didn't suffer anything like that. The game played flawlessly, for my system (meaning a little slow in the framerate to play it at the best it could be, but well worth it!). If this had turned out to be another Ghostbusters in how badly the PC version was handled, I would have been truly pi... Angry...;) Shame and I hope this dude and all else can get a replacement. I mean, the game is fantastic, story and experience, immersion, graphics, gameplay -- it's truly one of the best games ever, so addicting. Anyway...

vuviper
22nd Sep 2009, 22:22
I'm not sure what part the metal gate you're talking about is unfortunately...

But I do I have question about the grappling in the second scarecrow fight, there's only one place I saw you needed to grapple and I think you said something about making it so you could glide over instead so i don't think it's the place I'm thinking of. I found a video of the sequence on youtube, maybe if you could tell me when you're talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9aibilbJrU

if it really is your game then I apologize and you have my sympathy

lionofct
23rd Sep 2009, 04:09
In the second Scarecrow sequence, you don't grapple at all. Use the Bat Claw to pull the boxes down.

jaywalker2309
23rd Sep 2009, 09:04
FunkyMunky - have you tried to use batclaw instead of grapple?

Sebdogo
23rd Sep 2009, 10:01
Hi everyone.

I have the same problem with the grapple on the second Scarecrow sequence. I had grapple's problems before in the batcave but by restarting the game at the checkpoint 3 or 4 times and it pass. But now, in the scarecrow level, I tried so many times but I think the save is corrupted or I don't know but the grapple icon don't want to appear.

Look at this video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9aibilbJrU
FunkyMonky has probably the same problem as me. It's in the 6:27. We don't have the grapple icon on the wall, so it's impossible to progress. I saw the trick with the gravity on the forum but I bought the game and it's fu**ing annoying to have to do this !

And instead of grapple on the wall, Batman can grapple on the " sky-floor " and die. The grapple icon appear in the high sky, where you have no way to progress in the game. Silly bug.

I enjoyed the game and I just hope Eidos will fix it coz' I don't want to give it back to Amazon!

jaywalker2309
23rd Sep 2009, 10:26
Ahh watched movie, see what you meaning now, from description of other users was thinking it was related to the boxes you have to pull down. My apologises for not understanding..

1Joker1
23rd Sep 2009, 11:50
Didn't check this thread before I posted in the other thread.
Having the exact problem as you have,bud.
Couldn't grapple near the gate.