PDA

View Full Version : Rocksteady's Secret Title Speculation

Stargate21
22nd Sep 2009, 19:22
I was reading the news about GRIN'S Final Fantasy game being taken away from them and being given to another company to continue working on it. I was just thinking, with Square Enix buying Eidos; could they have given RockSteady the Final Fantasy game to complete. The game is rumored to be an Action RPG based in the Final Fantasy Universe. With the success of Batman: Arkham Asylum, an action game, I could see Square Enix deciding to let Rocksteady handle the action based Final Fantasy game.

This is all just mere speculation and I wanted to see what everyone thought about the idea. It does seem to early for Rocksteady to start on a sequel to Batman: Akrham Ayslum and Hitman 5 is not being done by Rocksteady, Eidos already killed that particular rumor. What does everyone think this secret title, that Rocksteady is working on, could be? Who do you think Square Enix gave the action based Final Fantasy game for it's completion?

Drazar
22nd Sep 2009, 19:26
Aquaman!

stubs182
22nd Sep 2009, 19:26
I doubt it, Square dont own rocksteady they are an independent developer part owned by eidos. How thats worked out now im not sure, but i think its highly unlikely that they would have given rocksteady a final fantasy project considering they've only ever developed 2 video games and only one of which was very succesfull.

ThatGuyHarris
22nd Sep 2009, 19:30
It's a Howard the Duck game.

Seriously.

Sir Legendhead
22nd Sep 2009, 19:36
I should have saved all my Marvel Kingdom Ultimate Hearts Alliance jokes for this thread. After reading the OP in light of the Disney / Marvel buyout, it actually seems possible now, lol.

batfan08
23rd Sep 2009, 02:33
Grand Theft Batman II,a.k.a Batman II:Gotham city ***** (finger's crossed)

stubs182
23rd Sep 2009, 02:47
Grand Theft Batman II,a.k.a Batman II:Gotham city ***** (finger's crossed)

Well you might wanna buy a rabbits foot and some four leafed clovers while your at it

Ensanguined Walls
23rd Sep 2009, 10:27
I support this movement for an Aquaman title.