PDA

View Full Version : Possible GOTY award for Batman Arkham Asylum?

Jayronathon
22nd Sep 2009, 01:59
Its got my vote, I haven't played any other games this year really, I played Fallout 3, but I can't remember if that was 2008 or the beginning of this year.

Regardless, this is the coolest game I have played in a long time.

lt_skittles
22nd Sep 2009, 03:15
Its got my vote, I haven't played any other games this year really, I played Fallout 3, but I can't remember if that was 2008 or the beginning of this year.

Regardless, this is the coolest game I have played in a long time.

It's got my vote as well, because it's awesome. Great cast, boss fights were amazing, because they were all different(only two really ticked me off), great length, and replay value is amazing as well.

Jayronathon
22nd Sep 2009, 08:26
It's got my vote as well, because it's awesome. Great cast, boss fights were amazing, because they were all different(only two really ticked me off), great length, and replay value is amazing as well.

ivy was tough, and yeah...i wish that we actually fought croc

gclhoutx
22nd Sep 2009, 09:11
ivy was tough, and yeah...i wish that we actually fought croc

True

However as the last cutscene indicated looks like Croc maybe in a sequel game. Even though Bane was knocked into the water by the batmobile. That cutscene looked more like Croc grabbing that floating crate of Titan to me than Bane, But who knows.

Actually after looking closer and installing a BIK viewer, Theres 3 different epilogues people will randomly see. As to which one at the end grabs the Titan crate (Croc, Bane, and scarecrow).

stubs182
22nd Sep 2009, 14:08
As great as it was, It wont win any official GOTY awards. Not with MW2, Uncharted 2, ODST and AC2 all coming out before the end of the year. So far its been my faviourite game though

Old_BenKenobi
22nd Sep 2009, 14:38
MW2 and Uncharted 2 will likely take it over Arkham Asylum. Perhaps AC2, but I doubt ODST will beat it.

DropkickDisco
22nd Sep 2009, 19:04
Unlikely.

With games like Modern Warfare 2, Assassin's Creed 2, Uncharted 2 (which has received amazing reviews so far), etc.

I don't think this game was worthy of GOTY. It was a great game, but lacking in too many areas.

CaptainMcMulla
23rd Sep 2009, 06:23
As much as i want this to be GOTY, i think it'll be Uncharted 2. Im currentley playing the multiplyer beta and i must its say its awesome. The multiplayer is brilliantly put well into the game. Im sure the single player will be better than the first.

Riddling Artist
24th Sep 2009, 00:35
yo captain mcmulla the betas awesome isnt it? we need to party up and play together sometime :D