PDA

View Full Version : Timing In the game is an old primitive developer's trick

andrewbuki
21st Sep 2009, 00:29
This game is pretty, but some levels are just stupid and it's all about time you spend in front of your PC trying over and over to complete some objectives. I never pay for video games and this one I got for free so I can't complain about that. But I just want the guys who wrote this one to know that people, eventually will start downloading the cracked versions instead of buying officials, because palying should = enjoying and feeling progress. So, making things complicated, difficult and putting time preassure on the player so he must try over and over again to complete things will eventually piss of the fans and those who try it first time. Well, good luck selling Arkham Asylum.:lmao:

Jayronathon
21st Sep 2009, 00:54
... making things complicated, difficult and putting time preassure... :

I never felt like anything was ever too complicated, or felt any pressure from time contraints. The only thing that made me nervous was cave diving around the sewers b/c i was afraid of falling intot he never ending blackness, but even if u do, u just grapple back out again.

thetonyg
21st Sep 2009, 00:59
I never felt like anything was ever too complicated, or felt any pressure from time contraints. The only thing that made me nervous was cave diving around the sewers b/c i was afraid of falling intot he never ending blackness, but even if u do, u just grapple back out again.

Yeah, same here... nothing in the game so far has been difficult, it's all been a smooth ride, beautiful graphics and 5.1 sound, and some simple puzzle solving.

I don't get it, what is the time consuming or difficult part of this game?

deders
21st Sep 2009, 01:04
This game is pretty, but some levels are just stupid and it's all about time you spend in front of your PC trying over and over to complete some objectives. I never pay for video games and this one I got for free so I can't complain about that. But I just want the guys who wrote this one to know that people, eventually will start downloading the cracked versions instead of buying officials, because palying should = enjoying and feeling progress. So, making things complicated, difficult and putting time preassure on the player so he must try over and over again to complete things will eventually piss of the fans and those who try it first time. Well, good luck selling Arkham Asylum.:lmao:

What did you find complicated? I actually felt the game was a little too simple, I like a challenge and feel a sense of achievment when I work out a way of doing something difficult, to the point that when I play games like Half Life or far cry i'd reload if I got hit or lost health, I wanted to work out the most perfect way of playing the game.

lawsie
21st Sep 2009, 01:38
am i the only one who his 100% PUZZLED by the OP here?

deders
21st Sep 2009, 01:40
am i the only one who his 100% puzzled by the op here?

op?

thetonyg
21st Sep 2009, 02:37
am i the only one who his 100% PUZZLED by the OP here?

nope, I'm puzzled too... in fact, this puzzle is more challenging than anything in the game itself ;)

deders: OP = original poster AKA TC or topic creator.