PDA

View Full Version : Stuck on "You have not signed into a profile"

Chav3z
20th Sep 2009, 16:02
Hello,
I am stuck on a loop of "You have not signed into a profile. Are you sure you want to continue? If you do you will not be able to save the game, or access any online game content." I have created three profiles. One was an offline profile and i still get this message. If i sign out then sign back in under a diff live profile i created i get this same message. I am about to return the game to the store. I have already spent about 5 hours trying get it to log into a profile so that i can save the game. To me a game is useless if you cant save it to where u last left off. I think most people would agree with that. Thank you. :confused:

massive02
20th Sep 2009, 16:23
seems fine to me, you need to update your windows live, once that is done you would be prompted with a patch 1.1 which will auto save per room u enter.

Chav3z
20th Sep 2009, 17:47
I just reinstalled the game. Im running into the same problem. Getting very annoyed atm. Do i need to install windows live messenger and sign into that. It keeps on telling me you have not signed into a profile. But when i start up the game it auto logs me in and says im logged in. But when hit start it asks me to log into windows live. I already did the 1.1 patch update as well. Keeps telling me im not signed into a windows live profile. Any help would be much appreciated.

SteMot
20th Sep 2009, 17:53
I just reinstalled the game. Im running into the same problem. Getting very annoyed atm. Do i need to install windows live messenger and sign into that. It keeps on telling me you have not signed into a profile. But when i start up the game it auto logs me in and says im logged in. But when hit start it asks me to log into windows live. I already did the 1.1 patch update as well. Keeps telling me im not signed into a windows live profile. Any help would be much appreciated.

I had this yesterday, a simple game quit fixed it though.

luckybill13
20th Sep 2009, 21:17
I have the same problem only i cant loggin to my live profile and when i go for the update it freezes then crashes to desktop. Eidos has crap support in my opinion. I paid for this game and not being able to play it sucks.

Chav3z
21st Sep 2009, 22:35
Ok, i found out what the problem was. My guitar hero guitar was plugged in as i was trying to play with my xbox controller. Them being plugged in simultaneously caused the windows live log in to come up every time. It took me forever to figure this out! :mad2: Oh well im good to go now! :)

LIGHTS
21st Oct 2009, 19:13
I also have the "Not signed into a profile" error. But I don't have an offline profile. Does anyone know how to make one? Pressing the Home key doesn't make any Guide pop up... Help! :(

Nemesis296
21st Oct 2009, 19:48
I also have the "Not signed into a profile" error. But I don't have an offline profile. Does anyone know how to make one? Pressing the Home key doesn't make any Guide pop up... Help! :(

Are you running the Games for Windows Live client? You have to have that in order for the game to recognize the profile. Pressing the Home key on your keyboard should then bring up the little menu at the top of the screen which will allow you to create a profile if you don't have one.

LIGHTS
21st Oct 2009, 20:00
Are you running the Games for Windows Live client? You have to have that in order for the game to recognize the profile. Pressing the Home key on your keyboard should then bring up the little menu at the top of the screen which will allow you to create a profile if you don't have one.

Yes, I have tried running the client. (Where you enter your email and pw) But pressing Home still doesn't work.

deders
21st Oct 2009, 20:29
Yes, I have tried running the client. (Where you enter your email and pw) But pressing Home still doesn't work.

have you definitely got the latest g4wl?

LIGHTS
21st Oct 2009, 20:41
have you definitely got the latest g4wl?

Not sure. I just downloaded from the official site. I even installed it again just now. Unless there's another way to make the guide pop up or another way to make an offline profile?

deders
21st Oct 2009, 20:48
did you manage to get an offline profile up and running with the client?

LIGHTS
21st Oct 2009, 21:01
did you manage to get an offline profile up and running with the client?

No, because if I did, I can save. :( I just need to get an offline profile. I can play the game perfectly, but without save it ruins everything. Also, I have some backups but I'm not sure how to restore them or input them into the game. Seems like it still won't work since I can't save without "signing into a profile".

deders
21st Oct 2009, 21:11
hmm, thought that might be a way round it. Are you definitely in a country that supports g4wl?
When you say backups, backups of what? savegames? other peoples savegames won't work on your machine, nor will your own if you get them from a different g4wl account.

LIGHTS
21st Oct 2009, 21:22
hmm, thought that might be a way round it. Are you definitely in a country that supports g4wl?
When you say backups, backups of what? savegames? other peoples savegames won't work on your machine, nor will your own if you get them from a different g4wl account.

US should be able to support it?

deders
21st Oct 2009, 21:27
US should be able to support it?

I should think so yeah lol. are you sure you aren't using an altered version of the .exe? might explain why g4wl isn't loading in the background.

LIGHTS
21st Oct 2009, 21:30
I should think so yeah lol. are you sure you aren't using an altered version of the .exe? might explain why g4wl isn't loading in the background.

What do you mean by altered?

deders
21st Oct 2009, 21:33
What do you mean by altered?

not the original

LIGHTS
21st Oct 2009, 21:36
not the original

Well, all I "altered" was its Exe name from somethingsomething to Batman Arkham Asylum. When I press "Click Start" in the game, it requires me to sign in a profile so it has to be supported by Live. Maybe it's my Home key or something...

deders
21st Oct 2009, 21:42
Did you alter the name of the actual exe or the shortcut? if you altered the actual exe name then it is entirely possible (i'm not sure if this is exactly how it works) but g4wl might not recognise the name when you click it, like a nvidia profile, and not initiate itself.

You can check your home key on nearly anything you type in. type a few random letters into google, notepad or even one of these boxes and press home and see if the cursor jumps to the beginning of the line.

LIGHTS
21st Oct 2009, 21:46
I believe it's the actual. So should I reinstall the whole entire game? (Home key indeed works.)

deders
21st Oct 2009, 21:48
just rename the exe file back to BmStartApp.exe, same caps just in case and see if that works.

LIGHTS
21st Oct 2009, 21:52
just rename the exe file back to BmStartApp.exe, same caps just in case and see if that works.

Nope. Still doesn't work :(

deders
21st Oct 2009, 21:54
where was the file that you renamed located?

LIGHTS
21st Oct 2009, 21:55
where was the file that you renamed located?

Binaries.

deders
21st Oct 2009, 22:03
Binaries.

just tested it and I stil get g4wl when I start the game with a renamed .exe, still better to make a shortcut on the desktop and rename that instead.
do you get any sign of g4wl in the game?

LIGHTS
21st Oct 2009, 22:14
just tested it and I stil get g4wl when I start the game with a renamed .exe, still better to make a shortcut on the desktop and rename that instead.
do you get any sign of g4wl in the game?

Nope, nothing.

deders
21st Oct 2009, 22:21
are you using the DVD, Steam or D2D version of the game?

LIGHTS
21st Oct 2009, 22:28
are you using the DVD, Steam or D2D version of the game?

D2D, but does it matter?

deders
21st Oct 2009, 22:32
Could be different issues with different versions. Steam games are usually altered slightly from the DVD versions and all three will use various implemetation of the securerom for copy protection. plus there was a big problem with the patch not overwriting files properly in the d2d version.

I can't think of anything much else right now, if i do I'll get back to you but as this is a g4wl issue, have you taken it up with microsoft?

LIGHTS
21st Oct 2009, 22:37
"Taken it up w/ Microsoft?" lol sorry, I'm not exactly at that level of understanding things. But thanks anyways.

deders
21st Oct 2009, 22:39
"Taken it up w/ Microsoft?" lol sorry, I'm not exactly at that level of understanding things. But thanks anyways.

I mean just make a compaint to their g4wl department saying you can't get it to work properly.

LIGHTS
22nd Oct 2009, 19:56
Thanks a lot Deders! I've found the problem. FINALLY! Before when I first installed the game, it had an xlive.dll error and I took the xlive file from System 32 and it worked. That was before I installed g4wl (not knowing that it contains xlive) and now after removing the xlive from Binaries I'm able to make the Guide popup! I can save! Whoo! I'm so happy haha! :rolleyes: