PDA

View Full Version : A large number of bugs that practically ruined the ending **Spoilers**

jammy2232
20th Sep 2009, 15:50
I am not sure this is the best place to report these bugs and glitches but if someone could pass them on or direct me to the correct place it would be much appreciated.

First of all I would like to say that the game has been great apart from these few bugs.

Unfortunately this thread will contain some spoilers so if you haven't completed the game or don't want it spoiled please don't read this.

1) There are a number of strange bugs I encountered when facing the scarecrow. I believe it was the 3rd encounter with him that I experienced this error. I lost complete control of batman. Pressing the left mouse threw batarangs and most of the movement controls were not working properly. It resolved itself after I died and hit retry.

2) The video were joker is driving batman to arkham asylum started but the game appeared to crash just prior. The game froze and there was a lot of white distortion on parts of the screen but something was clearly messing up. The next part where you die and retry to wake up from the grave I will assume to be correct. After that it worked ok.

3)This one practically ruined the ending of the game. **Major Spoiler** I saw the video where joker shoots batman with the toxin and he mutates and starts to fight it. Then joker shot himself with the toxin. Then is just cut to being on the roof and joker did nothing. The mutated one. I never got to see the transformation or anything. Then i quit and reloaded I got the video for batman and mutated joker appearing out of the top of building and the fight started. Is there a video to see the joker transform. Thats sort of messed up the game for me.

4)This ones a small one but I managed to pass through a gate by killing one of the plants that fire spores at you.

Any help or people having similar issues would be greatly appreciated

BitsOfSkin
20th Sep 2009, 16:33
Your #2 is not a problem, it's how that scene is designed to work.
You think it's your system going bonkers, but it is supposed to happen that way.

Zaney
20th Sep 2009, 17:21
ha yeah, #2 is just so brilliant done, I was sure my computer was about to go BSOD and I was so close to restarting my pc.

serenity44
20th Sep 2009, 17:30
yeah that #2 was frickin awesome. i was so sure my video card just fried lol

Inzane
20th Sep 2009, 19:19
yeah that #2 was frickin awesome. i was so sure my video card just fried lol

Lol same here. I was pissed until the scene started up. I was like OMG because my rig is brand spanking new and it fried:mad2:. It was very clever

Panda^
20th Sep 2009, 19:45
#3 is correct too,where is no video of joker transforming
and about #4 i dont know,coz i dont get what is a problem where

greenstuff_gav
20th Sep 2009, 20:04
the problem with #2 is the game crashes so much *normally* it's an automatic response to reboot the PC when that happens.
it's a great idea during the cutscene.. just not at the start :P

Gregs2k2
20th Sep 2009, 20:45
No 2 was absolutely brilliant. I was about to ctr+alt+del when that happened! Really nice touch. I too had No 3, which was a definite bug. Bad time to bug out really! Still, an excellent game. Now for those challenege rooms..........

thetonyg
20th Sep 2009, 20:49
LOL! I was in the same camp regarding #2... I ctrl-shift-esc'd and alt-tabbed to see if my rig was going down and it looked fine, when I went back to the game to see if it was dead I was in the cutscene. Up until reading this thread I simply thought the game had a wacky glitch but got back on track after I alt-tabbed.

In retrospect, that is probably the most brilliant 'trick' I've seen any game pull... ever!

hlhbk
20th Sep 2009, 21:22
the problem with #2 is the game crashes so much *normally* it's an automatic response to reboot the PC when that happens.
it's a great idea during the cutscene.. just not at the start :P

The game never crashes on me or anyone I know. Must be an issue with your system.

To the OP all of the issues you listed are normal except for #1, and #4.

jammy2232
21st Sep 2009, 12:14
Cheers for the help guys. makes me feel a bit better.

#3 wasn't quite right. The first time it didn't even show the video and just jumped straight to the boss battle and nothing happened joker just stood there. I punched him but he would move. I just restarted and it was fine.

anyway thanks again.