PDA

View Full Version : Cave n Mines

DomH
20th Sep 2009, 09:23
I know its random, but are there like cave or mine in the new game. I thought it would be awesome to explore the mine in the montain :D

PoorBison
20th Sep 2009, 09:37
I'd say there aren't any. Such a confined space would be very bad for a game this open.

KillSwitch1
20th Sep 2009, 10:59
yeah imagine the consequences if you got lost...all the cave 'animals' would be just gone from all the explosions :p

guzzti
20th Sep 2009, 11:17
then you could kill yourself, and load latest checkpoint.

compatible
20th Sep 2009, 11:50
So the question i would ask is , will the be any tunnels like road tunnels going through a mountain or a small hill ?

guzzti
20th Sep 2009, 12:16
doubt it.

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
20th Sep 2009, 13:29
And orcs and spells!

guzzti
20th Sep 2009, 15:08
yeah, and dino's and flying elephants

Jerion
21st Sep 2009, 00:26
Why wouldn't there be vehi tunnels? :hmm:

PoorBison
21st Sep 2009, 03:24
Hard to say. I'd put it down to engine limitations... carving a tunnel right through one of the ingame mountains might be a difficult task to pull off. In Just Cause 1 the train 'tunnels' were just tunnel entrances sitting next to the mountainside, with a black texture inside to give the illusion of depth when really, you can't walk through it.

We never know though, but it would feel awfully claustrophobic in a tunnel knowing that if you try to parachute you will hit the ceiling. Bad for gameplay.

Mr Chainsaw
21st Sep 2009, 07:08
You can never be sure. Even if the new engine is amazing. i guess all will be answered next year

PoorBison
21st Sep 2009, 07:36
Yeah, most of the things I say are speculation :)

Jerion
21st Sep 2009, 08:16
Hard to say. I'd put it down to engine limitations... carving a tunnel right through one of the ingame mountains might be a difficult task to pull off. In Just Cause 1 the train 'tunnels' were just tunnel entrances sitting next to the mountainside, with a black texture inside to give the illusion of depth when really, you can't walk through it.

We never know though, but it would feel awfully claustrophobic in a tunnel knowing that if you try to parachute you will hit the ceiling. Bad for gameplay.

Nah, I doubt that it would be a result of an engine limitation; that's simply a matter of adding more polys for the tunnel. It might simply be a design choice to keep the player aboveground and in open spaces.

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
21st Sep 2009, 12:21
Tunnels are ok for me. There were tunnels in San Andreas and it was so funny to wreak havok inside them.

Hobodealer
22nd Sep 2009, 18:45
Maybe, you have to blow up a mine shaft for a mission?

PoorBison
23rd Sep 2009, 01:07
Maybe, you have to blow up a mine shaft for a mission?"Rico, Baby Panay is an evil dictator!"

"How should we defeat him?"

"I don't know, but lets annoy him by blowing up a mine shaft!"

:D

Wenis
23rd Sep 2009, 01:14
I wouldn't mind having some caves or small type spaces to explore, it would be a nice contrast to the large open area that the majority of the game offers

lolboyy
23rd Sep 2009, 10:06
it would be awesome to have tunnels made secretly for rico like the onces in fast and furious
here it is :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsUq6vM-1Vs

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
23rd Sep 2009, 11:22
"Rico, Baby Panay is an evil dictator!"

"How should we defeat him?"

"I don't know, but lets annoy him by blowing up a mine shaft!"

:D

:lol:
Anyway, there will be idoor places, right?

Peardan
23rd Sep 2009, 12:18
Try Saint's Row 2 (No promotion intended) they have a cave space, It is so confusing, long, and boring.
JC1 gives you a sense of freedom in your play style with open spaces, why confine us to small caves?

However, it would be cool if they had a massive hole in the earths surface a few km deep to base jump into, like those ones earth really has.
Imagine jumping off a mountain and where the ground should be is a massive hole that takes you further.
http://www.getfrank.co.nz/assets/images/Halfwidth/NewFolder-4/_resampled/ResizedImage250375-chuck5.jpg

o0kesta0o
8th Dec 2009, 20:22
maybe when you go into a mine it switches to over the shoulder view. btw like the idea peardan :D

JAGeng
8th Dec 2009, 23:15
Tunnels are ok for me. There were tunnels in San Andreas and it was so funny to wreak havok inside them.

true...there could be tunnels....its not hard