PDA

View Full Version : C++ error

Morphidia
20th Sep 2009, 08:52
Currently when i play i get up to where you first gain control of batman then i get this error:

Microsoft Visual C++ runtime library

Runtime error

program (file path to shippingpc-bmgame.exe)

This application has requested runtime to terminate in an usual way

This happens with physx on and off. i've updated my C++ library and installed the patch but still the error persists. any fixs?

EccOMyth
20th Sep 2009, 18:37
I too am having the same Error window pop up.

I have updated everything and it still happens. I was able to make it out onto the surface and get to the Bat-mobile and follow Gordons Tobacco trail.

I can then blow out wall and get into building, but the second it loads in and i go over first fence/wall inside it crashes every single time with this Error.

C++ Fails and the Path is ...\Binaries\Shipping PC-BmGame.exe

Now if it wasn't part of the main path i could just ignore that area. But i can't get any further in the game. Have redone upto that point 3 times and same error in the same exact spot.

I hope they get a major fix to these problems. This game is great, or the little i have played. And it's crazy how many people are having issues. They really need to figure out how to fix this problem and patch it or they need to create a way to let people play/save without GWL running(Which playing without signing into GWL is know to get around these issues, but no saving then.) :/ Really silly to begin with that i have to be signed into GWL too even play my saved game.

Oh and i have the Steam version, but this seems to happen with them all.

Amen
20th Sep 2009, 20:24
happened to me 2 times now, first at the very start of the game after joker brakes free and you get to fight the first goons. Redownloaded game of steam that helped and i got further now but i got the error again. i got the steam version as well and really regreting the purchase now. i've spent more time trying to find a solution to this than actually playing.
the exact error message from even viewer is:

Faulting application ShippingPC-BmGame.exe, version 1.0.1.0, time stamp 0x4a8bab8b, faulting module ShippingPC-BmGame.exe, version 1.0.1.0, time stamp 0x4a8bab8b, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x00adc327, process id 0x1178, application start time 0x01ca3a2f16cfc849.

someone plz help i really wanna play the goddamned game already

Just_An_Effigy
21st Sep 2009, 05:04
Yeah, I'm getting the same problem. [steam version]

It happens with physx on/off, and regardless of whether i'm signed into GFWL or not.

I get about five seconds into the first cutscene when it crashes to the desktop and this window appears:

http://i34.tinypic.com/16ih5id.jpg

Lowering the settings to the bare minimum does nothing. I know my pc can handle it, at least on high. I can run Fallout3 on ultra high settings for example..

Using windows vista 32 bit, 4gb RAM, and an NVIDIA 9800gt [1gb]

ALL of my drivers are the absolute latest, and yes, I have the patch.

Please help.. I've been looking forward to playing this game for so long :(

Just_An_Effigy
21st Sep 2009, 07:56
No one has any ideas??

I'd like to be able to actually play this game.. this is driving me !%*&^ mad :(

Aphex
21st Sep 2009, 12:21
This Runtime error problem is like the common cold. No cure. No Eidos moderators are answering any of these posts so they don't know. I thought mine was a disc installation error but people have this with the steam version. In my gaming life this is only the 2nd time i experienced this error & i never solved it last time. I really have tried everything to, apart from restoring windows which i really can't be bothered to do for one game. **** knows whats causing it.

Just_An_Effigy
21st Sep 2009, 15:04
Wow. So I'm f*^&ed.

How do I get a refund for a steam game?

>_>

Aphex
21st Sep 2009, 15:16
Yeah it's bad. Returning PC games is near impossible. I had this problem with gears of war but i got a cheat to skip the level with the error. No such cheat for Batman it seems. GOW was a unreal 3 gfwl game but that doesn't really help us. A computer expert is needed here. Help us Eidos, please.

jaywalker2309
21st Sep 2009, 15:53
Hi there, if you check in your documents\eidos\batman\bmgame\logs folder could you fileshare your dmp file? post a link to the file in here and the dev team will pick up

Just_An_Effigy
21st Sep 2009, 16:04
Oddly enough, all I have in my logs folder is a text file called "launch"

When I open it, it has nothing written in it..

Aphex
21st Sep 2009, 17:02
http://www.zshare.net/download/65913407891f02d6/

I uploaded the DMP file to that link.

Just_An_Effigy
22nd Sep 2009, 02:41
Hopefully they can do something with it.

Aphex
22nd Sep 2009, 03:17
Well I figured the root of my problem out. The file Overworld_A3_static.unmap has failed to install off the disc & is corrupt or something. It's too dull to explain but i'm 100% certain this is the problem. That is the level it crashes at every time. What i need is a working version of that file (4.66meg in size), then i could cut & paste it over the corrupt one & that may work. Anyone want to upload? Is that allowed? Anyone agree that should work? I think my DVD drive is dying out or dirty. I should have dl'ed it off steam. I've also read that if u get the runtime error in the same place each time with the steam version it could be a corrupt download.

Just_An_Effigy
22nd Sep 2009, 03:42
That file is 28mb for me.. interesting.

I don't think it's a corrupt file though, I've downloaded the full game through steam twice now, and get the same error.

I think it's some kind of configuration problem.. perhaps we have some hardware in common?

What sound card and gpu are you running?

Just_An_Effigy
22nd Sep 2009, 03:44
I can up the file for you btw. I'll go do that now.

Just_An_Effigy
22nd Sep 2009, 04:04
Here you go:

http://www.zshare.net/download/659378950acde0ec/

(sorry Eidos, hope this is legal, just trying to help find a fix here!)

Aphex
22nd Sep 2009, 04:10
Thanks a lot. I was thinking it being 4.66 meg was maybe because it never installed fully & became corrupted. I'm really hopeful this will work. Please ******* work. Have to go to bed now but I will report back tomorrow. Again thanks.

Oh my sound card is a creative xfi soundblaster of some kind & my gpu is a aging 8800gt.

Just_An_Effigy
22nd Sep 2009, 06:17
Anyone from Eidos got any new info on the Runtime error for me?

I'd be really grateful :)

Aphex
22nd Sep 2009, 11:20
Well that worked for me. No longer do I have that foul error message. It was an installation issue. Thanks Effigy, you got my game to work. Hope u fix yours. I'll check back here occasionally so if u locate a corrupt file yourself i could return the favour. Good luck.

Just_An_Effigy
22nd Sep 2009, 13:46
That's alright, glad I could help, and lucky you ;)

I've just sent off a report to Eidos, hopefully they can shed some light on the problem.

If not, this thread is still very much open.. if anyone knows what's going on with this C++ Runtime error...............?

I'd like to be able to play the game at some point :(

Aphex
22nd Sep 2009, 14:15
Have you tried manually uninstalling then reinstall. Remove all remnants of the game from your HD, registry & windows installer.

You could try a defragmenter program like DK2009, run a registry fixer app, scan for malware & stuff, do a diskcheck. I'm trying to exhaust possibilities for you here. I think it's had problems installing to your HD if the error is in the same place. I really doubt it's physx or GFWL thats causing it.

Just_An_Effigy
22nd Sep 2009, 14:23
I've actually tried EVERY single thing that you just mentioned.. that's why i'm so pissed.

I'd be so proud of myself if I actually fixed it.

Aphex
22nd Sep 2009, 14:35
Have you used memtest to check your RAM?

Just_An_Effigy
22nd Sep 2009, 14:47
No?

I can't really see how this could be RAM related at all.. I'm playing all of the other latest pc games on high settings fine right now..

Aphex
22nd Sep 2009, 14:56
Highly unlikely i know. During my constant googling for a solution i found someone who said that it was a ram problem & they fixed it that way but that was for a different game.

The only thing that would almost guarantee it working is backing up your PC & restoring windows. A lot easier said than done.

Did u get any CRC errors during the installation? Is there any emulation software causing a conflict?The problem with that runtime error is the error message is so unhelpful. No logs or tech reports.

That's about as much help & advise as i can give u i'm afraid. In my opinion it's not installed correctly like mine & some file is corrupt but who the hell knows. A complete headscratcher this one.

Morphidia
22nd Sep 2009, 17:49
Well theres something interesting, i was looking into uninstalling B:AA so i could do a fresh dl from steam. However, it seems that B:AA doesnt seem to be on my programs list but only on steam so im probably going to say that mine is a corrupt file somewhere. so im going to uninstall it somehow for a fresh dl and see if that works

Just_An_Effigy
23rd Sep 2009, 00:33
That's strange.

My steam version is listed in programs..

UPDATE: Tried contacting Eidos support regarding this issue.. just got brushed off >_>

Just_An_Effigy
23rd Sep 2009, 11:23
I'm just gonna keep bumping this until I get some kind of tech support.

:p

jaywalker2309
23rd Sep 2009, 11:34
Have you tried getting the update from

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=32BC1BEE-A3F9-4C13-9C99-220B62A191EE&displaylang=en

Even as a steam user have you tried to download/install our hosted patch (sticky at top of forum), in case something is being missed on the steam version (since it doesnt install the patch as such but give u the updated files, so could be something missing on the server that by coincidence other steam users have got already but u need)

apocreg11
25th Sep 2009, 13:14
Hey guys. I'm a retail user with the patch on Vista x64 Ultimate

I have had 2-3 runtime error C++ crashes at completely random points.

I have to restart my PC to get it running again as if i try and launch batman again without restarting i get a different error.

Not a big problem as its random and rare but thought id post it.

Lockp1
25th Sep 2009, 17:43
Well i got the game from steam, and it happens to me over and over at the botanical gardens without anyway to escape it..

i reinstall the patch and C++ package... not luck

Lockp1
26th Sep 2009, 18:19
bump.
this is a mah\jor problem that needs to be fixed. asap.

Beren
26th Dec 2009, 22:55
Bump. I guess PC users have been completely screwed. I am playing this game for the third time now (1st time got to 13%, then always crashed, second time up to 64% and got a corrupt savegame file, most likely because this POS crashed while autosaving, and am now at 26% and it keeps crashing.

I get all sorts of errors but right now it's the Visual C ++ one. Ugggggggggggghhhhhhhh

All 3 times, this game keeps crashing for different reasons. If I get the kind of feedback from the sequel, I will stay clear of it. This has been such a frustrating experience.

Beren

mnappi
27th Dec 2009, 19:34
Hi all,
I beat this game a while back and am now going thru getting the last of the riddler clues. I'm at 84% and have had essentially no problems... until now.

I'm getting a repeatable runtime exception error (generic VC++ runtime error: "Runtime Error! .... this application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way...") as I walk down the Secure Access corridor in the Medical Facility, immediately following visiting Harley Quinn's office (with all the Joker posters on the wall).

This crash is very reproducible, to the actual step that Batman takes as he approaches the security door. There are no dump files, however, that I can find.

I received the game over Steam and have verified that the 1.1 patch is installed.
Other system specs:
Windows 7 x64
6 GB Corsair RAM
Core i7 975

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!!
- Mike

Ashtenton
28th Dec 2009, 17:38
First im going to start by saying how fun and amazing this game is. But i'm very angry with this error. I get the same thing as everyone else, and when i found the file, i couldn't do anything with it as its corrupted. It's some sort of installation error, during installation an error pops up about the overlord map file, and that the data from the Cd is corrupted. I really really want to play this game, but this error is a constant thorn in my side. Hopefully Eidos will do something

M3ANM0F0
4th Jan 2010, 01:37
In the same place in the hospital corridors

File is here

unreal-v4701-2010.01.04-08.40.36.dmp - 0.17MB (http://www.zshare.net/download/707559368e171e38/)

ritzky
22nd Jan 2010, 04:36
i'm having the same problem, i think it's because of this file: Maps/Medical/ Medical_B6.umap , can anyone please upload the working file? any assistance is appreciated. Thx

deltatux
22nd Jan 2010, 06:12
Have you guys also tried updating the Visual C++ 2008 redistributable for x64 for the 64-bit users? (and x86 version for the 32-bit users?)

Also, maybe also installing the x64 version for the 64-bit users of the 2005 Visual C++: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=eb4ebe2d-33c0-4a47-9dd4-b9a6d7bd44da

ritzky
23rd Jan 2010, 07:47
yes, i did. i have that problem at installation so i assume that might be the cause. if anyone could post that file that would be great. thanks!

MichaelRO
9th Feb 2010, 21:11
Could someone please upload the Garden_C1_Static.umap file, this is the one that gives me an error during the instal

shamman
14th Mar 2010, 19:46
http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/884/batmand.jpg

I have the same problem and cant fix it anyhow ... theres nothing wrong with C++ runtime in system nor PhysX or DirectX .. the app is just bad writen or corrupt (by some calling a exception appears and programmer forgot to fix it) so the only one who can fix this for us is Eidos actually. Notice that batman application ITSELF requested selftermination. From my experience MS Visual C++ runtime in windows or libc .. in Linux are very stable and error free. I as for myself i cant play the game (getting this error) under Win7 and Vista.
And in Windows XP the launcher wont even start keeps telling me "abnormal program termination" in BmLauncher.exe or whatnot application all the time. :mad2:
Time for patch ver 1.2 i guess

DeeZaster
15th Mar 2010, 21:54
Hey all,

See if I can help anyone out here with this error, this is a generic error message and can be one of many things, I'll list some examples and solutions.

First thing you should do is always make sure to have latest video drivers, audio, dx and chipset as well. I know you've all heard that before but its the best thing to do to start with. Later if a previous driver works better for you (more fps for example), then you could go back. As well, disable any antivirus, firewall, instant messagers, whatever the os doesn't have to have running, close them all to elimate any other program causing an access violation (use taskmanager or "What's Running" is a good alternative). If the game works after this, then load each one, one at a time until you can produce the error message again and you'll know then what is causing it and proceed with a fix for that (antivirus/firewall software can cause this error quite often when it blocks). Also newer games seem to be having issues with the latest Physx drivers. Example is Mass Effect 2 which refused to run with the latest version of Physx, the ones on the disc worked. I'd suggest uninstalling Physx and install an old version, then update those (don't uninstall the old version, just overtop as it keeps some older versions of the drivers) with whats on the disc, see if it helps. Also as a rule with upgdating video drivers, you must uninstall them, never install video drivers overtop of old ones. The correct way is to uninstall them reboot into safemode and run a cleaner like Drivercleaner.net, reboot and then install the newer video driver. This alone has fixed other problems numerious times.

Now for other solutions, which most of you will be looking for, as the above rarely is the problem.

First the 0xc0000005 error is caused by an access violation. A corrupt registry can cause this error and I'd suggest you don't do this on your own and just download a trial of a registry cleaner and defragger. A great program to start with is Tuneup Utilities 2010. Make sure to backup your registry first or allow Tuneup to do this, then use the registry cleaner and then defrag registry (a reboot will be required).

Google Chrome has also been known to cause this fault with other programs that use it as the default browser. If you do have chrome installed, try removing it and see if it helps. More can be found about this if you do a search on google.com.

Until another patch comes out that hopefully resolves this issue of bad coding, if that is the case, this might be caused by DEP. Windows is setup to monitor for certain type of malware trying to access non-executable memory regions and will then throw this error message. Now you could completely turn off DEP but this reduces your system security. Turning it off temporarily would be fine to see if this is the cause. I would recommend adding JUST Batman though to the exception list. Here is how to do this:

Vista/Win7 Users:

1) Goto Control Panel then System and Security and click on System.

2) Click on Advanced System Settings.

3) On the System Properties window click on the Advanced tab then click Settings under Performace.

4) Performace Options window will appear, click on Data Execution Prevention tab.

5) Enable the 2nd option, "Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select:"

6) Click Add and locate the executables for Batman. I would add all 4 in the Binaries folder just to be safe and if error goes away, remove each exe one by one until you can reproduce error and know that it is at fault. Those exes are: BmLauncher.exe, BmStartApp.exe, ShippingPC-BmGame.exe (most important one), and UE3ShaderCompileWorker.exe.

7) Click Apply then OK and reboot machine, launch and see if this helps.

For XP Users:

1) Right-click on My Computer icon thats on your desktop and click on Properties

2) Next click on the Advanced tab.

3) On the System Properties window click on the Advanced tab then click Settings under Performace.

4) Click on the Data Execution Prevention tab when the window appears.

5). Now enable "Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select".

6) Click Add and locate the executables for Batman. I would add all 4 in the Binaries folder just to be safe and if error goes away, remove each exe one by one until you can reproduce error and know that it is at fault. Those exes are: BmLauncher.exe, BmStartApp.exe, ShippingPC-BmGame.exe (most important one), and UE3ShaderCompileWorker.exe.

7) Click Apply then OK and reboot machine, launch and see if this helps.

Other common problems are faulty ram, usually if only one program is causing a problem this isn't the case but you can do some ram checks (expecially if your overclocking). I suggest using MemTest or a similar dos based testing application, one you boot off a disk or cd. I'll leave those suggestions as they are the most common solutions, if anyone else still has problems I can suggest other methods of finding out exactly the cause (you will need the use of a debugger though).

deegee
2nd Apr 2010, 03:17
Had to post here after having success getting past the same c++ error after being stuck at 3% each time. First I tried doing what ZeeAster said above, about adding the 4 executable files to the DEP exception list (I have XP.) I then restarted but it didnt' work - same crash as same spot. I also had the same problem during installation with an error message at the file Overworld_A3_static.unma that Aphex had In the previous page in this thread, and Just An Effigy posted a good version of that file. I checked my version from my install, and it was definitely not the full file as it was less than 5mb, so I downloaded Just An Effigy's and overwrote it the bad file. We restarted the game and IT WORKED!

FYI, this was after I had a zillion emails with Eidos tech support starting in January, followed by sending the disc to Square Enix in February who is now handling their support, and Square Enix sent me a new one this week. I had to completely uninstall the game (I used Revo twice to completely get rid of it and then I deleted the Eidos folder as well) and then I reinstalled it. We have not downloaded the patch yet, but I guess we'll have too eventually.....

dw_17fan
30th Apr 2010, 07:25
I am getting the C++ error when I go to Aaron Cash's office and try to solve the riddle there. Three times the game has crashed there with that error. I can't post an attachment, so here is the contents of the UE3AutoReportDump.txt file in the location you have requested in My documents\eidos\batman\bmgame\logs folder.

3 J E R R Y S G A M I N G R I G j e r r y @ j e r r y s g a m i n g r i g B m W i n X P 3 2 I N T 2 0 1 0 . 0 4 . 2 1 - 2 2 . 5 7 . 2 8 4 7 0 1 1 7 7 0 5 1 C : \ P r o g r a m F i l e s \ E i d o s \ B a t m a n A r k h a m A s y l u m \ B i n a r i e s \ R e s u l t f a i l e d
a t C : \ P e r f o r c e \ R o c k \ B m P a t c h P C \ U n r e a l E n g i n e 3 \ D e v e l o p m e n t \ S r c \ D 3 D 9 D r v \ S r c \ D 3 D 9 D e v i c e . c p p : 8 1 8
w i t h e r r o r D 3 D E R R _ N O T A V A I L A B L E

Q A _ A P P R O V E D _ B U I L D _ O C T O B E R _ 2 0 0 8 1 7 7 0 5 1 1 9 - 0 8 - 2 0 0 9 1 3 : 4 5 . 3 5 F M O D : 4 2 2 0 0 / 4 2 2 0 0 G a m e

R a i s e E x c e p t i o n ( ) A d d r e s s = 0 x 7 c 8 1 2 a f b ( f i l e n a m e n o t f o u n d )

C x x T h r o w E x c e p t i o n ( ) A d d r e s s = 0 x 7 8 1 5 8 e 8 9 ( f i l e n a m e n o t f o u n d )

G e t O u t e r m o s t ( ) A d d r e s s = 0 x 5 f 2 8 3 1 ( f i l e n a m e n o t f o u n d )

A d d r e s s = 0 x e 8 7 8 1 b 4 c ( f i l e n a m e n o t f o u n d )

G a m e

addy_mj
10th Sep 2011, 16:32
heye im actually missing a file from batman installed directory/bmgame/cookedpc/maps/medical/medical_b1_audio.umap
plzz help me by uploading the particular file
thank you!!