PDA

View Full Version : i want hush in batman 3!

boowashere
20th Sep 2009, 05:31
who else thinks hush should be in batman 3? he is my 2nd favorite villain, only surpassed by joker. and, imo, would feel perfect in the nolan universe.

SolidSnake_123
20th Sep 2009, 05:37
Hmm... that would definitely be interesting, a very complex story.

batfan08
20th Sep 2009, 05:52
Michael C. Hall for Hush!

http://thinkculture.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/michael-c-hall-sag.jpg

http://healingtouch.scvs4hire.com/images/blog/articles/top10batman/batmanH2.png

Drazar
20th Sep 2009, 07:59
Hush is too one dimensional not to mention it would take way too long to explain his origin to make him appealing to the audiance.

EDIT: What i'm trying to say is that a movie that is like 2 hours and 30 minutes long, you need to do this:
- show Bruce and Thomas as friends, show Thomas as this evul mastermind.
- Have him kill his parents off screen, have Thomas save his mother.
- This is where the hate starts.
- Show Thomas' mother insult his son all the time and praise Bruce Wayne.
- EXplain why Scarecrow is training Hush, and how they met.

Also it does seem rather silly why Hush hates Bruce, i mean i know theres worse reasons but i don't think people will like the idea of a guy seriously hating on Bruce because of his father saving the mother. Ofcourse they CAN explain deeper why, but its all precious screentime to explain why he wants Bruce dead.

Revenant36
20th Sep 2009, 10:43
Hush is too one dimensional not to mention it would take way too long to explain his origin to make him appealing to the audiance.

EDIT: What i'm trying to say is that a movie that is like 2 hours and 30 minutes long, you need to do this:
- show Bruce and Thomas as friends, show Thomas as this evul mastermind.
- Have him kill his parents off screen, have Thomas save his mother.
- This is where the hate starts.
- Show Thomas' mother insult his son all the time and praise Bruce Wayne.
- EXplain why Scarecrow is training Hush, and how they met.

Also it does seem rather silly why Hush hates Bruce, i mean i know theres worse reasons but i don't think people will like the idea of a guy seriously hating on Bruce because of his father saving the mother. Ofcourse they CAN explain deeper why, but its all precious screentime to explain why he wants Bruce dead.

What he said. Besides, part of what makes the Hush story so cool is th manipulation of other villains into behaving in ways out of character for them. Take all that away and you're left with a dude in bandages who wants to kill his childhood friend because he had to wait for his inheritance. When you break it down to something as basic as that, it seems rather petulant.

Really, to do Hush justice on screen, you'd prob'ly need at least 2 movies and if they were gonna do something like that I'd rather see Knightfall. It's far superior in terms of storytelling (in my opinion). Hush feels too contrived by comparison - like it's trying to throw in twists for the sake of it. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed Hush, but I think a lot of that has to do with Jim Lee's splendiferous artwork...

ThatGuyHarris
20th Sep 2009, 12:31
Too new, too complex. I'd prefer they stick with classic villians like The Riddler, Penguin, Catwoman, etc.

stubs182
20th Sep 2009, 15:38
Hush would be awesome, Im a film student and I really dont agree with peoples criticisms. Its really not that hard to do a flash back origin of a character. I mean Nolan did the entire origin of Batman himself in one movie and had him face Rhas Al Ghul and save Gotham all in 2 hours and 20 minutes. I fail to see why Hush couldnt recieve the same treatment, if anything the Hush story is perfect for a film adaptation.

Prince Daka
20th Sep 2009, 21:27
Hush is unlikely. Cool character though.

& the argument that he is too new... well, it isn't the best argument if you think about how Batman Begins included Zsasz who is also relatively new to the Batman world.

Old_BenKenobi
20th Sep 2009, 21:36
Hush is unlikely. Cool character though.

& the argument that he is too new... well, it isn't the best argument if you think about how Batman Begins included Zsasz who is also relatively new to the Batman world.

Zsasz was only in a cameo role though.

Prince Daka
20th Sep 2009, 21:39
Zsasz was only in a cameo role though.

word, i know. his appearance went over many peoples heads too, because he is not so well known. anytime i ever mentioned how zsasz was in batman begins to a friend of mine IRL they just say, "huh? who is that? i don't remember him in the movie"

Drazar
20th Sep 2009, 21:46
Mr. Zsasz has been since 1992 while Hush was shown in 2002. Not to mention Hush's character got butchered (story and quality wise) when "Hush Returns" was made and only LAST year did Paul Dini redeem Hush in "Heart of Hush" story. =p

boowashere
20th Sep 2009, 21:57
word, i know. his appearance went over many peoples heads too, because he is not so well known. anytime i ever mentioned how zsasz was in batman begins to a friend of mine IRL they just say, "huh? who is that? i don't remember him in the movie"

can u please show me this scene on youtube or something? cause i don't remember >_<

Prince Daka
20th Sep 2009, 22:03
Mr. Zsasz has been since 1992 while Hush was shown in 2002. Not to mention Hush's character got butchered (story and quality wise) when "Hush Returns" was made and only LAST year did Paul Dini redeem Hush in "Heart of Hush" story. =p

I agree, "Hush Returns" was godawful. & I said "relatively new" because I know it is a 10 year difference but I look at it in the range of 1940s - present. Didn't read "Heart of Hush" but in Gotham City Sirens #3 he does make an appearance in the last page. Riddler sees Hush on TV impersonating Bruce Wayne lol.

lukeob94
20th Sep 2009, 22:04
hmm idk about batman3...but def. in other media such as an animated series.
personally i think the next movie should have poison ivy in it.there needs to be a female villain and she's my all time 2nd fav villain after joker.

Prince Daka
20th Sep 2009, 22:10
can u please show me this scene on youtube or something? cause i don't remember >_<

i can't even find it on youtube. all i keep finding is zsasz in arkham asylum... but if you remember the plot to Batman Begins - Zsasz is the guy Jonathan Crane (Scarecrow) helps go to Arkham Asylum instead of prison which pisses off Rachel. He's bald I think, with a goatee, and some of his signature tally marks are seen, but he isn't shirtless like he usually is so I can see how someone might miss that. Later in the movie he is released from Arkham with the other inmates & near the Narrows he gets all creepy & tries to stab Rachel & probably Gordon's kid, I forget all the details, & Batman then grabs Zsasz & pulls him up to a rooftop where Zsasz is subdued & we never hear or see him again.

boowashere
20th Sep 2009, 22:16
ooohh.... dude thats cool! maybe they will bring him back in 3.....

batfan08
20th Sep 2009, 22:18
I think that after the Nolan trilogy is over,they should make Hush into a trilogy of films(Introduce Tommy as Bruce's frienf in the first film,then reveal that everything that's gone on in the past 2 films is his doing.Also,have little cameos.(like Hush's silhouette on a building,throughout the first 2.