PDA

View Full Version : Things the 3 CD games did right

Gemma_Darkmoon_
20th Sep 2009, 01:55
I am wanting this week to celebrate what CD did right in their 3 different TR games. Please do visit my 3 poll and express your thoughts. It's not a case of vote no for all your least fav CD TR's poll or yes for your fav. More just to compare aspects fans loved about the different CD TR's.

Join in and say what you loved about the different CD TR's. Hope you like the idea.

Links if you need them or just check the relevant forum section.

TRU (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=96270)

TRA (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=96262)

TRL (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=96260)

josh1122
20th Sep 2009, 02:37
This wont turn out well...bashing will commence fairly soon lol

Pulse
20th Sep 2009, 03:01
Legend had humor, the headset, interactive cutscenes

Anniversary had exploartion, interactive cutscenes, the freakin awesome slow mo dodges

Underworld had......... um, um, the conclusion Legend's story... and a HAMMAH :D

Gemma_Darkmoon_
20th Sep 2009, 03:35
Very sorry about the problems with the TRU poll. Should have been multi-option from the start. It's fixed now but you may need to vote again. I hope there won't be too much bashing. More like positive threads

Dusk Knight
20th Sep 2009, 04:02
Good idea.
With no bashing in the Great CD TR levels thread I don't expect there will be much (if any) in these threads either.

Randy 54
20th Sep 2009, 04:42
Legend brought the revival of Tomb Raider when I thought I'd never see another one.
Anniversary took gameplay to the next level but I didn't like the way they made puzzles out of the moves.
Underworld brought back a sense of the older games which made it much more interesting than I thought it would be.

tombraidergal
20th Sep 2009, 09:13
TR:L
This game was the game that made me love tr! It was my first proper tr and i just got addicted to drawing her, playing the game. I loved the action and the puzzles made my head spin because i was young and i had no idea what i was supposed to do. :p Perfect in every way, even if it was too short. Loved the interactive cut scenes

TR:A
Didn't get it till my birthday seven months later, but it took me ages to complete it, i had to go to the walkthrough all the time and it was just fab. I never got bored, i didn't expect a mummy to come round the corner either! Fab! The interactive scenes were also very fun. Pierre taunting you at the beginning of each greece level was fun and i only noticed a lot later... like, a year later!

TR:U
To be honest, i was so eager to finish the game and the levels where short in a way... but the puzzles made them extra long, mexico took me ages to finish, and arctic sea also took me ages. The game was quite fun but i found it very boring without any headset... i missed it in anniversary too...

I think CD has done an excellent job over all... don't bite my head off, but i have played demo's of cores games and they're a little boring at places, but fun and crazy all the same.

wdavid
23rd Sep 2009, 10:17
~ I like Legend because it was new to me after the classic episodes. It wasn't too long or hard but i liked the story and the interactive cutscenes.

~ Anniversary is not my favourite but i like it as i liked the first TR:D This one is a bit harder than legend was so this game has much more challanges.

~ Underworld is my personal favorite (despite the bugs) from Crystal's games:D:D I dislike this "finding mum in the underworld" part of the story but i do like the hunting for Thor's hammer and i do like how Crystal has connected the different mythologies:D This game is Epic and i can't stop playing it:p:D

The only thing they need is time...Unfortunately they didn't got enough during the making of TRU:(