PDA

View Full Version : nv4_disp.dll BLUE SCREEN error?!

taryl
19th Sep 2009, 23:43
Uh, I just bought the game, and played it for awhile. Gotta say it's uber fun.

Well, after 2 hours of gameplay, a BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) came up and my computer restarted, the message says something about "nv4_disp.dll address". I dismissed the first crash as an nv4_disp.dll malfunction (Nvidia cards get alot of this), but after almost exactly another 2 more hours of gameplay, the game crashes again. Tried for the third time, played, and crashed after almost exactl 2 hours.

OK, so i know that the game gets a BSOD because of nv4_disp.dll's infinite loop, but idk why it happens so often in this game. On other games, it doesn't happen often but when it does, it just replaces regular game textures with random textures. Like, for example, while playing Sims 3, when this error comes up, all my sims would be turned into a metallic colors, and it gets progressively worse as the whole screen turns translucent (watery) white/silver.

But, in the case of BAA, the game CRASHES! Wonder what happen when it screws me over on a save process, prolly CORRUPTION!

Also, drivers are updated (both graphics card AND physx drivers)

Right now I'm sticking to patch 1.0 b/c it takes years to download patch 1.1 and b/c of all the crashing i heard about the patch, besides I DON'T USE PHYSX (ever).

PLEASE help me!

System Spects:
Win XP 32-bit
AMD Phenom II X4 955 (3.2GHz)
9800GTX+ 512MB vid card
4GB DDR3 1333MHz RAM
500GB Western Digital Black Caviar HDD

Moleculor
20th Sep 2009, 00:29
Your card is probably overheating. Hence the time thing and your comment about how it happens with other games.

boake
20th Sep 2009, 04:18
It happened to me, too. It's not overheating, but the game issue related with gpu drivers.

taryl
20th Sep 2009, 18:37
Fixed it, last time i had AA up to 16xD (or something, but max AA), but i turned off AA and it's fine, played for more than 2 hours (3 hours), so, yeah, it's fine now.

I think Unreal 3 Engine owns ur computer on max AA. Or maybe the graphics makes too much calculations and somehow does an infinite loop, or run too hot and gives up.