PDA

View Full Version : EIDOS: Thanks for allowing Rocksteady to produce a FANTASTIC PC game....... However..

Gimpymoo
18th Sep 2009, 22:32
If you do make a sequel, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not sign up for Games for Windows: LIVE.

Most PC gamers do not like or want it.

Their content delivery servers are a sham and many other aspects of the service are equally shoddy.

You have developed a game anyone involved with should be proud of although you go and lump it with GFWL.

I have a feeling money talked regarding this and if that is the case and MS subsidised develpment, fair enough (Better to have the game than not at all) but if not, please back away from it for any sequels and let GFWL DIE the way it deserves it.

deders
18th Sep 2009, 22:33
I second that

Zagadka
18th Sep 2009, 22:40
Well, that would screw the X-Box release... so it ain't gonna happen.

Gimpymoo
18th Sep 2009, 22:43
Well, that would screw the X-Box release... so it ain't gonna happen.

How so?

There are MANY games released on PC and 360, however the PC games are not GFWL.

Moleculor
18th Sep 2009, 22:46
Steam Achievements FTW.

hlhbk
18th Sep 2009, 22:52
I have and never will understand the hate for GFWL.

Zagadka
18th Sep 2009, 22:54
I have and never will understand the hate for GFWL.

There are tons of issues with GFWL games, compared to Steam, which I haven't seen have any problems.

Gimpymoo
18th Sep 2009, 22:56
I bought on STEAM so my game was allready pre-patched to 1.1 however for those who have not, the download speed from the GFWL servers is terrible.

I downloaded the ENTIRE game on STEAM at a constant 5.7MB/s. GFWL would not get anywhere near that.

Also, the fact that people have to fake an address because they live in a country "Not Supported" by GFWL is a joke.

It just seems all so amateurish.

phildog
18th Sep 2009, 22:58
I agree, but I think it should be optional.

Muroz
18th Sep 2009, 23:11
Quite. Even if it had worked, Games for windows Live is an unecessary complication, and when it actually prevents me from playing the game, well....
This is the first game with GFWL I have bought. It will definitely be the last.

syklonis
18th Sep 2009, 23:31
God I agree...I can not believe how many issues I have with GFWL. It is the worst thing about this game.

WalleO
18th Sep 2009, 23:45
For the life of me i dont understand all the hate for Live! it si optional, use the offline mode. Infact the MAIN reason i bought this game on PC was because of GFWL i love it. i have no problems with it, so please DONT stop using GFWL. i wished more games used it. it should be the future. and i Hate stream, its a stupid resource hog

syklonis
18th Sep 2009, 23:55
If you use offline mode you can't SAVE!!! That makes no sense...Whomever the head honcho in charge at Eidos or Rocksteady that made the decision to use GFWL, pat yourself on the back and use that extra money you got....or whatever...Now you wonder why some people pirate games they dont have to deal with this crap with workarounds they find. But when we pay to play your damn game, it needs to work...Please dont be a fanboy, why dont you update this update that, user issues...NO. I have zero issues with other game, have an great rig...it's the game!

The Coca Cola Company
19th Sep 2009, 01:15
If you use offline mode you can't SAVE!!!

You have no clue about what you're talking about, do you? :rolleyes:

WalleO
19th Sep 2009, 03:02
If you use offline mode you can't SAVE!!! That makes no sense...Whomever the head honcho in charge at Eidos or Rocksteady that made the decision to use GFWL, pat yourself on the back and use that extra money you got....or whatever...Now you wonder why some people pirate games they dont have to deal with this crap with workarounds they find. But when we pay to play your damn game, it needs to work...Please dont be a fanboy, why dont you update this update that, user issues...NO. I have zero issues with other game, have an great rig...it's the game!

That is COMPLETELY false my friend. please dont make statements you aren't 100% sure about

akskiller
19th Sep 2009, 04:01

Fail. You can save. Stop bashing something that isn't true. LIVE is great and should be put in every PC game.

Gimpymoo
19th Sep 2009, 04:13
LIVE is great and should be put in every PC game.

Ladies and Gentleman, the Train arriving at platform 1 is the FAIL Train - Choo Choo

hlhbk
19th Sep 2009, 04:18
I have been using GFWL on tons of titles since it came out. Gears of War, Fallout 3, Prince of Persia, and now Batman and never once have I or anyone I knew had any issues with GFWL. It is impossible to hate GFWL and to support steam. If you are having issues with GFWL it is more than likely an operator error.

SolidSnake_123
19th Sep 2009, 04:28
I agree with you, even though I'm not a PC gamer...

SteMot
19th Sep 2009, 13:02
GFWL deleted my SFIV saves when I had 100% completion, so I had to start all over again. GFWL stopped PC owners getting the free DLC on release day because of a bug in it's 360/PC cross platform accounts.

It works, most of the time, but it is so unfriendly when compared to Steam it makes even the simplest task of realtime conversations an absolute nightmare.

Please don't use this for a sequel.

Dr_Bob
19th Sep 2009, 13:52
The Games for Windows LIVE team need to rethink their system and improve it. Fast.

serenity44
19th Sep 2009, 16:18
yea i don't understand the hate either, you guys just had bad experiences. Only problem i've ever had with live in game was the fact that i can never download updates in game. I always have to do a manual update. not a big deal since i have to do that for every other non live game.

Now DLC, yeah that situations screwed up, i bought the fallout stuff so i know. But in batman i had no issues with live what-so-ever throughout the whole game. Same with Halo 2, Fallout 3, Gears and resident evil.