PDA

View Full Version : Questions for the Just Cause 2 Podcast - Episode Two

mycoldman
18th Sep 2009, 22:18
Ok guys it's that time again. Soon I'll be heading into the podcast bunker once again (I really should show you that sometime - it's even decked out with a Dreamcast and all the cookies you could eat!) to record another thrilling edition of the Just Cause 2 podcast.

This next one will be focusing mainly on the island of Panau, so if you could focus any questions you might have on that, that'd be swell. I will address other stuff in the episode, so don't worry too much. But if you've ever wondered what the nightlife is like on Panau, or how many different species of fish there are on the island... this one's for you.

I'll not be recording for at least a week yet, so don't expect to see it tomorrow or anything... but I figured we'd get the drop on the question hunt, then I can really pick the best ones.

Fire away!

Wafflez
18th Sep 2009, 22:19
What are you shooting for with the rating?

brauny
18th Sep 2009, 22:24
ok here we go
1. will there be easter eggs of animals like bigfoot
2. will there be panthers in the jungle cuz i wanna name one susan lol
3. will there be sharks and dolphins
4. can we interact with the animals
5. can we hunt any birds in the sky or the animals in the sea and land
6. will animals interact with each other ex: a falcon swoops down and picks up a fish out of the water
7. will there be animals designed for each area desert jungle mountains like scorpions in the desert and stuff like that?
u asked for questions and u should kno we can come up with a milliondy lol

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
Yeah! Nighttime and fish!
My first question: Will ANY part of Panau turn red?

chickenchief
Will there be any other side activities in the game except destroying settlements and causing chaos?

brauny
18th Sep 2009, 22:30
Yeah! Nighttime and fish!
My first question: Will ANY part of Panau turn red?

(teardrop) im sorry i have to tell u this but yes buildings and all still turn red.

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
18th Sep 2009, 22:38
Sorry. Back to topic.
How many weather conditions? Do they have any special effects? And at night?
What about those animals? Interaction with the player? Only fish? Any pet?
Something about hidden secrets?
Are the 100 sq km the main square of the map? Are there islands outside of it?
Thats all for now.:D

mycoldman
18th Sep 2009, 22:39
Podcast questions only please. ;)

QCypher
18th Sep 2009, 22:42
Can we go to those tiny Islands we see in the map of Panau in the game footage. There were three on the right side of the map, one big one next to a smaller one, and a tiny one all the way at the edge. And if we can what can we do there?

brauny
18th Sep 2009, 22:46
o yea those islands. yea if we can go there will we find secrets like special wepons and exotic animals. O and will the drug trade be making a return in the game? it was fun to find all the washed up kilos of colombian bam bam

i almost forgot will there be natural disaters like the one im living in right now http://wjz.com/local/water.main.break.2.1193477.html

PoorBison
18th Sep 2009, 23:04
Lets take, for example, the biggest city in the game, or even the map as a whole; How alive does it feel if you calmly walk down a road?

Thats my question, and this is just explaining what I mean: Are there unique AI interactions, like "Hey you are the guy who blew up that building in mission 6!" or anything like that? Do pedestrians chat on cellphones, or anything like that to give them an added feel of realism? Will there be cars parked on the streets, rather than constantly just driving around? Just little touches, or will the city just be a big husk with a few pedestrians and cars like the Just Cause 1 city?

brauny
18th Sep 2009, 23:08
i dont think saying the mission number will make it feel real but i think i kno wat u mean

polimerjones
19th Sep 2009, 00:32
i have a couple questions, so have your pick...

1. in the first podcast the devs said they read this forum and had stated i believe that they liked some of our ideas. i was wondering if they could share some they liked if they can remember. i know they wont make it in the game just want to see what they think. (not including the red flash/ more on the lines of multi attachments, being able to "rappel' Sp? down buildings, hooking enemies to helicopter blades ect. )
2. in just cause 1 the airplanes where on then off with flight controls. will there be more throttle control in Jc2?
3. As for the island.... I would like to know is there more than one waterfall.
4. back to the fun questions... Say you dual hook a civilian and shoot the other end into the air. does the slack run out and the said civilian fly in the air too or does the dual hook just disappear.
5. i have plenty more.. but to keep it short... Are all or most of the island connected by a bridge or something. Or is there going to be a need for swimming. (by the way a draw bridge that went up every so often would be killer to ramp off of)

Some Real Talk
19th Sep 2009, 05:59
How fast will bodies disappear?

dark_angel_7
19th Sep 2009, 12:57
^

1) Will the bodies disappear at all?
2) What was it like creating Panau
3) What games did you use for inspiration for Panau e.g. Tomb Raider maybe?
4) How long do you think it will take to explore and complete all aspects of the island?
5) Can we expect future JC games to have similar islands?

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
19th Sep 2009, 14:24
I got a question idea from that testing pic:
How big are the cities? Is there any as huge as that of the pic poor bison posted?

chip5541
19th Sep 2009, 14:40
With many console games now untilizing online services (youtube, Twitter (how cool is that)) will the game be utilizing any online services to post videos or announce stats and location in game?

FOBfan1995
19th Sep 2009, 19:23
Will the time of day affect gameplay at all? For example, will rico be harder to spot at night. Also, will the entire island of Panau be available for us to explore from the start? Thanks!

chickenchief
19th Sep 2009, 19:47
We have seen the semi destructible environment in several gameplay videos, so i am wondering how far are you guys going to push the destructibility in this game?

lolboyy
19th Sep 2009, 21:52
here are my questions :
1. like poor bison already said will the pedestrians be realistic ( like when you walk against them they go mad or just say backoff or will you be robbed with a knife like GIMME YOUR MONEY OR I WILL CUT YOU OPEN LIKE A FISH when you walk down the street like we seen in the (not telling) maffia 2 trailer where he gets robbed
2. will there be any plane gameplay
3. what will the first Vlog be about?
4. (not a question but) GO ON CREATING YOUR GAME AND TAKE YOUR TIME DONT LET IT BE SUCH A GAME AS MERCS 2 (it was awesome but it felled that it wasnt finished) !!!!!!!!!!!

guzzti
19th Sep 2009, 22:13
are there choices you can make in the history?
can you adapt your own way of fighting, like stealthfull or straight on?

jubjub1
20th Sep 2009, 02:13
1. what will it probably be rated
2. can you turn off the blood and sexual themes
3. can you go in space??????

Mr Chainsaw
20th Sep 2009, 05:38
How deep underwater can you go

guzzti
20th Sep 2009, 11:33
turn off the sexual themes? don't think so

Jerion
20th Sep 2009, 22:54
Are later conversations and objectives heavily influenced by specific things or people you may have destroyed earlier in the game? Put simply: Are there long-ranging consequences for actions?

CentroX
21st Sep 2009, 13:27
1) Give us an example on a side mission that is interesting
2) is there any secret/feature to this game we dont know about yet
3) Are both the 360 and ps3 version going to be identical?

hotduk
21st Sep 2009, 15:19
When you destroy something in panau (ie. gas stations, water towers, military installations) do they stay destroyed, and if they eventually refresh, how long is the delay?

guzzti
21st Sep 2009, 20:14
i repeat:
could you make your own way of fighting... stealth or straight on

younas456
24th Sep 2009, 21:13
will you be able to grapple in and out manually almost like in jc1 but also if you don't have a parachute. it whould be cool to be able to grapple like in rainbow six? XD

CentroX
25th Sep 2009, 08:22
is the pop in going to be better in the final version.

Mianeye
25th Sep 2009, 13:06
Question about Panau?

#1.Will u be able to hold your own fortress with anti air missils and your own privat airport, or a place where u can keep all of your found cars and planes/choppers?

#2.Random AI stuff in the world of Panau, which could be random battle betwen underground resistance and military,or carchases where you are not the chaser or chased,other paragliders who have a club on a mountain, or the depressed suiside jumper or something not in my imagination?

#3.And as someone else suggested, the bridge that opens up for you to jump?

#4.What languge do they speak in Panau? not that important, Just that i bought some languge parlours for GTAIV to get some of the humor in the language im not good at:rolleyes:

Flaire
27th Sep 2009, 07:56
I was just wondering if it will be possible to put in waypoints or markers on the map in JC2 so that we can easily go back to interesting places that we find. I remember that in JC1 during a mission I found a sea scooter/mini submarine thing. I wanted to come back to it later to use it for another mission but I had no idea where it was because there was no way of marking places on the map.
Thanks
Andrew

The_Bright_Knight
27th Sep 2009, 12:43
4 WORDS:

ARE THERE SEA PIRATES

LOLz

(HAWK)
28th Sep 2009, 12:35
Hello just a few! 1.Why do bullets make people fly far away in this game its kind of silly? 2.Is there any bullet holes in this game (like when you shoot cars and walls)? 3.when they say you can MOD your guns does that mean you can make them hold more in the mags? 4.Will the side missions be more fun? Thank you thats all for now

(HAWK)
28th Sep 2009, 14:09
WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON!! Why do things and people turn REDwhen you shoot them that is DUMB!:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
28th Sep 2009, 20:56
WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON!! Why do things and people turn REDwhen you shoot them that is DUMB!:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Hehehe :D Isn't it lovely when newcomers just realize it?
BTW, what were you thinking when you made a tripple post??

PoorBison
29th Sep 2009, 01:37
(HAWK), triple posts are unnecessary... see this: http://forums.eidosgames.com/images/KaneandLynch/buttons/edit.gif

Its the edit button. You can use it to edit your posts to save from triple posting in future :) Just letting you know :)

CentroX
30th Sep 2009, 01:21
another question, just how good is the Avalanche 2.0 engine compared to other next gen engines?

Dedimes
30th Sep 2009, 04:28
Is the grappling hook an unlock able?

Is the Parachute an unlock able?

Will you be keeping the same system of ranking up in a faction, Higher the rank, the more safe houses/guns?

Can you do barrel rolls while skydiving?

Are their any pre order bonuses? (I would like to see Different skins for Rico, Like 24 carat gold Rico, and Invisi Rico)

If you see one vehicle, Is it guaranteed their will be at least 2 in the game? (Im going for Truly hard to find and unique vehicles here)

You shoot a Pedestrian. What does the pedestrian do, and what do the surrounding people do?

Your speeding away on your motorboat, when all of a sudden it blows up. Your miles from shore, have no available heavy drops, and no money. What do you do?

Thats all

PoorBison
30th Sep 2009, 08:27
So, another thing... this one is pretty vague:

Could we hear a bit more about Panau?

You said thats what the podcast is mainly about... so erm... lets have a bit of backstory :D

When and how did Baby Panay come into power?
What it its capital city like, and is there any nightlife that the player might encounter if he were to stroll through at night?
Is the capital city big enough to get immersed in if the player were to forget about vertical gameplay for a little while?
What is Panau's main attractions?
What is the main focus: Confronting Sheldon or overthrowing Baby Panay?
Are the citizens happy?

Who is worse, President Salvador Mendoza or Baby Panay?

vauxhall90
2nd Oct 2009, 13:05
will there be any graphical difference or exclusive content for a specific gaming platform for just cause 2 ?

Dedimes
3rd Oct 2009, 03:01
does Rico have his own, private base on the island? A mansion with a heli , car, weapons, health and a save point would be nice. mabye sleeping would make you run faster :P

Flaire
3rd Oct 2009, 07:13
Can you dual hook things to the ground?
Is there anything you can't dual hook things to?
Is it possible to dual hook things to yourself (or something to that effect)?

jubjub1
3rd Oct 2009, 17:58
will the city be as detailed as gta4 and if you accidentally destroy a secret vehicle will it spawn

imported_Jonn_
4th Oct 2009, 17:21
1. Trophy/Achievement list? 2. Will there be any underwater vehicles? 3. And (as said earlier) what is gonna be in the 1st vlog?

HavokBR
23rd Oct 2009, 22:35
Are you still reading this topic? :)

llx Todd xll
2nd Jan 2010, 00:58
ok here we go
1. will there be easter eggs of animals like bigfoot
2. will there be panthers in the jungle cuz i wanna name one susan lol
3. will there be sharks and dolphins
4. can we interact with the animals
5. can we hunt any birds in the sky or the animals in the sea and land
6. will animals interact with each other ex: a falcon swoops down and picks up a fish out of the water
7. will there be animals designed for each area desert jungle mountains like scorpions in the desert and stuff like that?
u asked for questions and u should kno we can come up with a milliondy lol

in other words is there animals lol