PDA

View Full Version : Grappling whilst free-falling?

chickenchief
18th Sep 2009, 21:27
So yeah, i have a few things that has been bugging me over the past weeks.

First thing is. Do you guys think it is possible to use the grappling hook while free falling? And second, do you think you will be able to cancel a your grapple while you are flying forward at mach 10? you know to slingshot yourself forward.

Discussion... GO!

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
18th Sep 2009, 21:37
No and Edit:. yes
Reasons: For the first, I guess you can only open the parachute. And if you used a sling shot, would Rico conserve his momentum towards the ground since all slingshots seem to go straight? He would cheat gravity or have new code only for freefall.
For the second, Edit: You can, by opening the chute
Just my thoughts.

chickenchief
18th Sep 2009, 21:42
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3LzEcsHVko

Pause at 1:30. Dunno if you still can do this in the current build but nice none the less.

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
18th Sep 2009, 21:49
Right. I change my answer. You can do both. Is this the end of the discussion? Time to go offtopic again?
Wait, then Rico misserably cheats gravity? Or would he get splated if he had hit something insted of being at something's back?

brauny
18th Sep 2009, 21:50
u can use the hook while falling. in the podcast mycoldman mentioned ppl jumping off buildings and grappling someone else in the air when he was talkin bout the achievement

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
18th Sep 2009, 21:56
u can use the hook while falling. in the podcast mycoldman mentioned ppl jumping off buildings and grappling someone else in the air when he was talkin bout the achievement

Wooow! You had to tell me those things!

brauny
18th Sep 2009, 21:59
huh?

chickenchief
18th Sep 2009, 22:01
Wait, then Rico misserably cheats gravity? Or would he get splated if he had hit something insted of being at something's back?
I guess you would get splattered if you did hit something in mid air. Don't really mind it either. Would be a nice addition to the game.

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
18th Sep 2009, 22:03
I still have no audio, and that about grappling people while freefalling seems funny.

Wafflez
18th Sep 2009, 22:05
I still have no audio, and that about grappling people while freefalling seems funny. haha i have audio but cant see anything! its just blank

chickenchief
18th Sep 2009, 22:06
What is this about no audio?

mycoldman
18th Sep 2009, 22:07
You can totally use the grappling hook when freefalling. It'll save your bacon more often than you think.

brauny
18th Sep 2009, 22:07
thx mycoldman i tried to tell em but they jus dont listen lol. oooooo while ur here is the red flash gone on object too. u said enemies

chickenchief
18th Sep 2009, 22:09
You can totally use the grappling hook when freefalling. It'll save your bacon more often than you think.
Awesome stuff ^^

Wafflez
18th Sep 2009, 22:10
What is this about no audio? The podcast for me

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
18th Sep 2009, 22:13
Mycoldman! Nice to see you around! We have questions!

brauny
18th Sep 2009, 22:15
yea answer our questions plz and i posted the link about the water main break in my neighborhood guys check it out

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
18th Sep 2009, 22:18
Don't go offtopic now brauny! We need full attention from Mycoldman! Please confirm that about the red flash! Pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease!

brauny
18th Sep 2009, 22:19
yea pllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz and i jus want ppl to see that my sole effort wasnt to go offtopic but it worked lol

mycoldman
18th Sep 2009, 22:21
Yeah, let's stay on topic as best we can guys. This thread is about grappling while free-falling.

But quickly, Sadistic, the red-flash currently still exists on buildings and objects. Though we're still looking into all of this. It's all about gameplay at the end of the day, and the idea of toggling it on or off is occasionally batted around.

Right. Grappling while free-falling. k?

chickenchief
18th Sep 2009, 22:25
Gotcha

brauny
18th Sep 2009, 22:26
Hey i was the one who asked. and plz tell me ur doing all u can to remove that too. and in the topic of free falling can we do stunts while falling?

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
18th Sep 2009, 22:32
:(:(:(:(
Well, nice to be able to grapple while freefalling

polimerjones
19th Sep 2009, 00:50
so we can grapple while free falling... what happens when you grapple a truck while free falling? what are you options?

also i think this will be ok on this thread if your chute is open and you grapple something, lets say a car. do you auto fling towards it? or what happens since you can't parasail? i dont like things that are auto:(

Dedimes
23rd Sep 2009, 03:34
i love the idea of in a crowded city, your falling with no time to pull your chute (impossible lol)
And then you grapple a heli, deploy your chute, and go from building from building Shooting your grappling hook

Peardan
23rd Sep 2009, 12:23
I would love it to be able to free fall and grapple a building say, and then swing like Spider man.