PDA

View Full Version : I simply cannot seem to be able to open vents

Kaiden
18th Sep 2009, 21:08
I tried the Steam version of the demo of this game. I couldn't open vent a vent but chalked it up to my not doing something right. I now have the retail game that I pre-ordered via Amazon and I have updated to version 1.1 via Games for Windows Live. I simply cannot get a vent to open. I can't pull the cover off. I use the space bar like I am told but I pull and pull and pull and the vent cover doesn't budge. I am using a mouse and keyboard and the one friend I know who also has the game uses 360 gamepad and is of no help with me resolving this issue. Why can I not open the vents? What am I doing wrong? Until I am able to do this the game is essentially nothing more than wasted money on my part. :mad2: I am beyond annoyed at this point.

Can someone please explain to me how to successfully open these stupid vents? I need keyboard and mouse commands.

Smashman
18th Sep 2009, 21:10
You kinda just spam Space. Did you only push it once? This seems to be a new bug. Sorry I can't help any further.

Lanarian
18th Sep 2009, 21:20
You need to hit the spacebar repeatedly.. over and over until the vent pops off.

Kaiden
18th Sep 2009, 21:20
You kinda just spam Space. Did you only push it once? This seems to be a new bug. Sorry I can't help any further.

Thanks. I'll try and see if it works. I've searched all over and can't seem to find anyone else who is having this issue which simply adds to my concern and level of aggravation. I'll report back if it works. I truly hope it does. Thank you reply, Smashman.

Kaiden
18th Sep 2009, 21:23
Thanks, Smashman and Lanarian. I feel like a complete and utter moron. I was hitting space repeatedly but I wasn't tapping it quickly so I would just pull, stop, pull, stop, etc. Tapping it quickly and repeatedly popped it right open. I feel like a complete bonehead. :o

Problem resolved!

Smashman
19th Sep 2009, 08:40
Not a problem. It's not fully clear on that. You're gunna need that alot!