PDA

View Full Version : I wont be buying this game until is fixed

saynt
18th Sep 2009, 12:53
I cant access my keyboard in the demo, so I purchased an XBOX 360 controller from Newegg today becuase that is the only way I can play apparently. I had major problems starting the game and had to replace my .ini files with other userengine.ini files.
Ill play the demo with my new controller but I wont buy the full game becuase I see other issues like a Gordon Crash, secorum problems and many others...
This is the first PC game I have had this many problems with, This is a bad console rip in my opinion and not ready for PC release.

Florro
18th Sep 2009, 13:49
it IS FIXED!!
I play it without any problem...

pleomax
18th Sep 2009, 14:17
The demo and the game played perfect on my pc with 360 controller, don't know why you're having to mess around with ini files !! This is on a fresh install of win 7 rc1.

Nemesis296
18th Sep 2009, 14:35
This is a bad console rip in my opinion and not ready for PC release.

Wow.....for the Nth time....it is NOT a console rip! The game is developed on PC.......:mad2:

People are running into hiccups with different hardware and specs/settings. This *always* happens with PC games, where have you lived for the last 15 years? Compare consoles to PCs:

Consoles have the EXACT same specifications for EVERY user with the exception of additional peripherals, or Hard Drives. PCs have different sound cards, video cards, power supplies, operating systems, keyboard, mouse, game controller, speakers, RAM, CPU, and the list goes on...

PCs are far superior to the consoles in every way imaginable. Why on Earth would they develop the game for console and then port it to the PC while enhancing the effects? That would make absolutely ZERO sense. Instead, they develop the amazing version on PC, and downgrade the port to the consoles.

People are only having problems with PhysX drivers, probably with out-of date video cards, or they are running into Securom protection glitches. Unless you plan on modifying your game I don't see why you should have any issues. Moderators are monitoring the forums helping people with their issues. I had issues with logging into GFWL, but now that is resolved the game works flawlessly :)

pleomax
18th Sep 2009, 15:17
Why on Earth would they develop the game for console and then port it to the PC while enhancing the effects? That would make absolutely ZERO sense. Instead, they develop the amazing version on PC, and downgrade the port to the consoles.

I agree with everything you've said but just to play devils advocate, It doesn't make sense to put loads of money into graphics only to throw them away when you downgrade it for the console.

When the console is the bigger money making market.

Not counting physx, look at the frame rates people get in games 150 fps, 200 fps... you know that these games are developed for the power of a console.

I can't see graphics getting much better until the next generation of consoles are out.

But i believe the pc as a gaming platform is getting more popular, and the more people that get into pc gaming then the more chance that the tables will be turned, and the pc will be the big money making market for developers.

Nemesis296
18th Sep 2009, 15:26
I agree with everything you've said but just to play devils advocate, It doesn't make sense to put loads of money into graphics only to throw them away when you downgrade it for the console.

When the console is the bigger money making market.

Not counting physx, look at the frame rates people get in games 150 fps, 200 fps... you know that these games are developed for the power of a console.

I can't see graphics getting much better until the next generation of consoles are out.

But i believe the pc as a gaming platform is getting more popular, and the more people that get into pc gaming then the more chance that the tables will be turned, and the pc will be the big money making market for developers.

Let's not turn this into a debate over which is better, but the console can't support the best of computer graphics. Prime example: Crysis. Only on PC, and it was the most graphic intensive game ever made. You can ask the same thing about a lot of games. I think that they still developed the game for the consoles because it's the money market for gaming these days, but the main goal was to get the PC version with realistic PhysX technology. I know we could throw in the entire DRM/SecuROM battle into the PC equation, but let's avoid that and assume that everyone would buy a copy of the game legally. Eventually the console will have to be upgraded, you're right, but in the meantime, the PC will continue to be upgraded and excel at the top of the list performance-wise.

GhostDawg
18th Sep 2009, 15:46
I would be the first person to speak up if the game were low quality or contained game-stopping bugs, but it's an outstanding release, and I would recommend it to any PC gamer. That's not to say it's perfect (limiting activations with Securom and integrating glitchy 3rd party software like GFWL is inadvisable IMO). But no PC game is perfect out of the gate. There are always bugs of some sort with any PC game. But all things considered, it's a relatively polished game. Half of the problem is that too many people have unreasonable expectations. If you have an underpowered rig, or out of date drivers, or dozens of crapware processes running in the background, or an unpatched OS, you can't expect good performance from your PC games. If you wan't to have a good PC gaming experience, you have to own a system that can handle the games you want to play. There are plenty of examples of crappy ports (GTA IV) and beta quality releases (Empire Total War) out there. This isn't one of them.

WabeWalker
18th Sep 2009, 19:11
If every cross-platform title had as much work put into its PC version as Batman did I would be a much happier PC Gamer.

Rocksteady has demonstrated perfectly how to create a PC game that's available cross-platform.

THIS is the game which all other developers should model their games on.

lostsomething
18th Sep 2009, 20:52
I would really have rathered if they hadn't used GFWL but as for the game itself, I have no complaints whatsoever.

Feels like the best title I've played in possibly years.