PDA

View Full Version : Big FPS drop!

DrizzlePistol
18th Sep 2009, 12:24
Hi!

I have installed Batman Arkham Asylum from Steam. I run it on very high, everything max and HIGH physix. my average fps was 46 but for the most part it was 60 fps. Then i played the game for about 1 hour then suddenly the game freezes for about 20 secounds. But when its back, my fps in only 20 :scratch: I dosnt go anything over than 23 fps. I have the newest drivers of everything. I did reinstall the drivers and when i launched the game the problem was solved ( I thought) 10 minutes into the game it froze again! 20 seconds later and my fps is back to 20 :confused: Please i need some help. I love this game. One of the best. But i cant play it on 20-23 fps.

PC specs:
Intel core i7 3.7 OC
Nvidia GTX 285
6 GB Ram
etc.etc......

Rockatansky
18th Sep 2009, 12:27
Where abouts in the game were you when this happened?
Are you seeing any strange graphical corruptions?

DrizzlePistol
18th Sep 2009, 12:35
The first time it happend was when i just got out of the asylum. The second time was when i was trying to save the doctors. No, I dont see any graphical corruptions.

Rockatansky
18th Sep 2009, 12:40
Are you running fullscreen?

Could you try running in Window and see if it happens again? And watch out for an nVidia driver recovery in the bottom right of the screen.

DrizzlePistol
18th Sep 2009, 12:43
Are you running fullscreen?

Could you try running in Window and see if it happens again? And watch out for an nVidia driver recovery in the bottom right of the screen.

Im gonna try now.

DrizzlePistol
18th Sep 2009, 13:03
Nothing happend yet. Im gonna play some more and se if window mode is the solution

Rockatansky
18th Sep 2009, 13:03
Ok.
Keep us posted if anything happens.

DrizzlePistol
18th Sep 2009, 13:57
It happend again :mad2: It froze and FPS dropped. No errors.

Tzzantaru
18th Sep 2009, 14:03
get yourself a program to check your CPU , GPU and HDD temperatures.se if they have normal values or if they overheat.do this when the game drops in FPS , alt+tab and check.also after you alt+tab see what processes are using the CPU or RAM most.you could defrag your hdd and run a disk check.see if it helps

DrizzlePistol
18th Sep 2009, 15:35
ok.
I got some programs to check the temperatures, cpu, gpu and hdd is at good tempratures so thats not the problem. Anyone else got a clue what this problem is?

GhostDawg
18th Sep 2009, 15:57
Did the patch automatically download after install?

DrizzlePistol
18th Sep 2009, 16:00
it did download automatically from steam