PDA

View Full Version : CRC Error (installation)

korushi
17th Sep 2009, 23:18
Right, I want this game. Bad. So I went out and bought it. But now when I try to instal it, I get a crc error saying something corrupt, (I'll get the exact message in a second) if I choose to ignore them, I get this:
"An error (-5011 : 0x8000ffff) has occurred while running setup.

Please make sure you have finished any previous setup and closed other applications.
If the error still occurs, please contact your vendor: Eidos Interactive Limited"
Under details it says:
"Error Code: -5011 : 0x8000ffff
Error Information:
>Kernel\ObjectWrapper.cpp (498)
>Kernel\ObjectWrapper.cpp (311)
>Kernel\IScriptWrapper.cpp (80)
>Kernel\ObjectWrapper.cpp (197)
>Kernel\IScriptWrapper.cpp (80)
>SetupNew\setup.cpp (478)
PAPP:Batman: Arkham Asylum
PVENDOR:Eidos Interactive Limited (http://www.Eidos.com)
PGUID:4E79A60F-15D2-4BEC-91AD-E41EC42E61B0
$14.0.0.162
@Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (6001) Non IE/Netscape 38096.68"

I'm running on vista 64bit on a brand new computer. I meet, and pass, all the requirements for this game.
Please help..

korushi
17th Sep 2009, 23:55
Just a note:
I tried to install again, and ignored all the errors. Now there are files on my pc, but I still can't run the game.

korushi
18th Sep 2009, 00:09
I now officially hate the world.
I've used my 4 installations and none of them worked. Wee~ I get to try again in a month. Thanks alot, I didn't need my $50.

Muggins
18th Sep 2009, 00:11
Assuming you're installing from disc - Are you able to grab all files from the disc and place them onto a folder on your PC? Perhaps you could install with all files locally rather than constantly querying the disc.

Do you have another PC (or just another disc drive in the same pc) you could attempt the install with (even if it doesn't meet requirements). If that PC gets the same crc error then your problem is likely to be the disc. Does it look damaged or dirty? Consider trying to get a replacement disc if this is the case.

If this was a direct download from some online provider, sounds like the download source was corrupted somehow, Consider trying to get the files again.

Other than that, we're going to need a few more specific details i'm afraid. What files fail the crc check, do you have enough hdd space (non-fragmented preferably). What is the source of the data.

Moleculor
18th Sep 2009, 00:17
Have you run a scan disk recently? Does it install cleanly on any other PCs?

Muggins
18th Sep 2009, 00:24
other possible things to think about. Are you running this installation file as administrator? (may need to right click the main setup file and select run as admin).

After some brief research of this error code you may have success in safe mode or compatibility mode.

korushi
18th Sep 2009, 01:08
It'll install on my other computer (running xp) which means it's not the disk.
weither or not it'll install properly after a defrag or anything else, I'll have to wait a month to find out.
Note: I do not have any cables, cards, or disks with which I could swich the files from one pc to the other.
I could run it on my other pc, but it wouldn't run well at all.

My good computer only has 1 disk tray to use, so that's out.
Yes, I am an administrator.
And I think, I am in safe mode.

Moleculor
18th Sep 2009, 01:23
If it's not the disc, it means it's the computer you're installing it on. Fix your computer and stop blaming Eidos.

Why do you have to wait a month? Only Steam has limited installs. At least I think so. Regardless, you can always revoke installations.

And if you 'think' you're in safe mode, you're not.

korushi
18th Sep 2009, 01:34
If only the digital copy has a limit, then why can't I install it any more?
I didn't blame Eidos, I'm just pissed that it's not working.

Moleculor
18th Sep 2009, 01:39
Search for instructions on how to revoke installations. Contact SecuROM if you can't find them. Then fix your computer and reinstall.

jaywalker2309
18th Sep 2009, 07:47
korushi, if you are a disc user there is no limit to `activations` there isnt ANY install limits on ANY version of Batman, only the digital version has activation limits IF you've successfully installed and launch the game.

With the disc version you will be able to install as many times as you like, launching is limited to the disc in the drive and your GFWL key to get you online.

Where did you buy your game from?