PDA

View Full Version : Joker's Gun and Other Missed Opportunities

Zur-En-Arrh
17th Sep 2009, 17:08
Hi.

I'm loving the Joker and his Clown-fu - some of the move he pulls off are sheer genius. The way you plan attacks in all the challenge modes are (not massively but) sufficiently different from Batman to make it an interesting aside. For instance, the risk/reward of using Joker's gun can be quite thrilling: I'be got a 29-hit combo... do I use it now or save it for Gordon? So, all in all VERY happy mixing it up with the Thin White Duke of Death.

I do have one complaint which may have been mentioned previously. It's not really a complaint, more of a niggling observation of a missed opportunity. When you are out of ammo for the gun and press fire anyway, why in GOD'S WRATHFUL NAME doesn't a little flag pop out with the word 'Bang' on it? Can you tell me that? Tiny detail, of course, but that is the remit of the neurotic.

Anyone else have tiny niggling details that are missing? Smoke bombs, for instance? Always a sequel, eh?

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I felt that the game lacked enemies that were anywhere near as agile as Batman; some kind of elite enemy. Ninja Gaiden has some pretty hair-raising moments against ninja. Obviously, The League of Assassins wouldn't fit the core plot but perhaps we could get them in a challenge room? Might mix things up a little.

Jumbley
17th Sep 2009, 17:38
In response to the flag: after hearing you say it, I also have no idea why they didn't include it.

In response to the agile enemies: as much as I like Ninja Gaiden, that &%^$ was HARD. Batman's in just the right niche of balancing difficulty and frustration.

Old_BenKenobi
17th Sep 2009, 17:44
Yeah, the flag kinda seems like an obvious idea. Just one of those things you don't think of.

SSJGoku786
17th Sep 2009, 17:44
The flag idea sounds good. It would've been nice seeing that and The Joker shouting "BANG" and laughing.

Zur-En-Arrh
17th Sep 2009, 17:56
In response to the flag: after hearing you say it, I also have no idea why they didn't include it.

In response to the agile enemies: as much as I like Ninja Gaiden, that &%^$ was HARD. Batman's in just the right niche of balancing difficulty and frustration.

Flag: Has that not been mentioned? I demand an update, then!

Agile enemies: How spectacular would it look, fighting a bunch of crazy-ass ninja, eh? You leaping over them, them leaping over you. Lovely.

TDKJoker
17th Sep 2009, 19:58
the flag wouldve been awesome! But, I think the reason it wasn't included was that it all happens too quickly. If you shoot a blank, an enemy will attack you nearly straight away, there just wouldn't be enough time to fully see it in all it's glory.

neopier
17th Sep 2009, 23:03
Well, you could imagine that the one guard/ennemy you're aiming with your gun steps back, thinking he'll get shot.
Of course it wouldn't work when you have 4, 5 ennemies in very close combat, but when only 2 or 3 are remaining and that they're not that close to you, you could insted of thrwing a batrang or using the claw (which you can't with joker, and btw the claw move is slow, too) use the gun to scare one guy and THEN punch him :P

H8_is_Bad
18th Sep 2009, 06:28
The flag idea sounds good. It would've been nice seeing that and The Joker shouting "BANG" and laughing.

The joker actually does that as a fatality in Mortal kombat vs dc universe.

Zur-En-Arrh
19th Sep 2009, 19:41
the flag wouldve been awesome! But, I think the reason it wasn't included was that it all happens too quickly. If you shoot a blank, an enemy will attack you nearly straight away, there just wouldn't be enough time to fully see it in all it's glory.

They could speed it up, sure, but the animation could act as a semi-punishment for firing twice with a single shot gun. You could enjoy it on the Predator maps, of course. Creeping up behind a terrified guard and firing out a flag at the back of his head, making him poo himself a little.

Batman The Trailer Hunter
19th Sep 2009, 20:07
The joker actually does that as a fatality in Mortal kombat vs dc universe.

Yeup, they should have done that when Joker shoots you during the 3rd scarecrow encounter They should have used the little Extendo glove thingy too.

Old_BenKenobi
19th Sep 2009, 20:20

When you fire on empty there's enough delay I think to see a flag pop out.