PDA

View Full Version : Cutscene / GFWL

greenstuff_gav
17th Sep 2009, 12:10
so, having waited patiently and ignored all the offers of dodgy copies, i finally received my Collectors Edition this morno.

after the long wait for install and then Live updates (hang in there! it will finish eventually!), i finally got into the game.
queue cutscenes of B-Man hurtling around and Mark Hammil's Awesome Joker.. the guard shoves him into the lift.. then bam! the ShippingPC-BmGame.exe crashes :(

so i rebooted, started the game again, *didn't* log in to GfWL and surprise! the game works perfectly!
except.. there is no game saves :mad2:

so if i want to play the game, i've got to

a) play without any game saves; whats that, 9, 10 hours solid gameplay (all the latest TR games only last 8 hours with 100% <_< )

b)

c) buy it on steam

d) not play and have wasted £50

i suppose it's only partially Eidos' fault, Microsoft are to blame as much.
still, less than impressed :mad2:

chip5541
17th Sep 2009, 12:25
I will check on the save function but even without Live it should still auto-save.

Isellsigals
17th Sep 2009, 12:58
Omg this fixed my problem!!!! No save though wtf..... here is the error I was getting and am no longer getting when I am not signed in to any profile:

General protection fault!

History: QA_APPROVED_BUILD_OCTOBER_2008 177051 19-08-2009 13:45.35 FMOD: 42200/42200 Game

GetOutermost() Address = 0x731975 (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Eidos\Batman Arkham Asylum\Binaries\ShippingPC-BmGame.exe]
GetStackOwnerClass() Address = 0x177db27 (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Eidos\Batman Arkham Asylum\Binaries\ShippingPC-BmGame.exe]
GetStackOwnerClass() Address = 0x177deba (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Eidos\Batman Arkham Asylum\Binaries\ShippingPC-BmGame.exe]
GetStackOwnerClass() Address = 0x1786659 (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Eidos\Batman Arkham Asylum\Binaries\ShippingPC-BmGame.exe]
GetStackOwnerClass() Address = 0x17705de (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Eidos\Batman Arkham Asylum\Binaries\ShippingPC-BmGame.exe]
Address = 0x5aaad2 (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Eidos\Batman Arkham Asylum\Binaries\ShippingPC-BmGame.exe]

jaywalker2309
17th Sep 2009, 13:02
So both of you crash if you sign into Live but if dont then the game runs?

Are you first time users of Live or have you got other games that have it?

Isellsigals
17th Sep 2009, 13:12
What happens is that the first cutscene ran fine then the second one "102_warden_intro" ALWAYS crashed half way through, renaming this file I was able to bypass the cutscene and play the game for about 5 mins until the next cutscene where it would crash with exactly the same error. This made the game unplayable for me.. however when not signed in to any profile the game does not crash at all O.o

Eidos Support
17th Sep 2009, 14:51
When your signing in to GFWL, is this a live profile or an offline profile? Have you just created a new profile (as per Jay's question above) or using an existing one?

Dronuk
17th Sep 2009, 14:54
I tested this for J in another thread.

It doesn't like it with a normal live profile or an offline profile, it crashes on both.

I tested again with no profile and it's fine.

greenstuff_gav
17th Sep 2009, 21:51
i play several Windows Live games, most notably Street Fighter 4 which doesn't save progress or allow unlocks if you don't log in (i spent ages unlocking Cammy!) ...

I didn't log in to Live at all (pressing Esc when prompted), then the game plays perfectly.. got all the way to when Harley throws that mug at Gordon in the medical bay ( i wub harley! why isn't she playable?! :nut: ) before i had to go to work.. and realised there's no autosave :mad2:

then testing again, logged in to Live with my normal account and even skipping the cutscenes with the mouse click it crashes :(

EDIT: right, so following This thread (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=96034) seems to have fixed it. that's more than a bit rubbish; have to have your documents in the windows standard folder.. especially when some of us have bought nice shiny terabyte drives for documents to sit separate from OS <_<