PDA

View Full Version : Old comic series recomendatons

Solomon Grundy
17th Sep 2009, 01:49
I want to start some not old but not new series like civil war or 52. Should I read these or any other ones you guys like jus tell me.

I've always been a graphic novel guy. Also should I read Hush, Dark Knight Strikes Again, or All Star Batman and Robin?

Old_BenKenobi
17th Sep 2009, 02:44
Hush, easily.

All Star Batman and Robin is so bad it's funny. TDKSA is even worse, in that it's not funny at all, just boring.

Solomon Grundy
17th Sep 2009, 11:22
I was told not read any more frank millar after dark knight returns

Old_BenKenobi
17th Sep 2009, 14:45
Have you read Year One?

Drazar
17th Sep 2009, 16:05
All Star Batman and Robin is pretty great if you accept the vision is Miller universe and keeping things Golden Age.

Old_BenKenobi
17th Sep 2009, 17:51
All Star Batman and Robin is pretty great if you accept the vision is Miller universe and keeping things Golden Age.

Eh, even if you accept and like his vision of Batman, the book has a lot of other problems holding it back. It took them like, four issues to get to the Batcave. The pacing is all over the place. Not to mention the "**** Grayson, age 12" repeating over and over and over and the generally laughable dialog.

I'm pretty excited for Holy Terror Batman! though, because it sounds more like Miller exploring a concept than Miller writing assy Batman.

Drazar
17th Sep 2009, 18:12
I guess the pacing is ridicilous yeah. I never actually noticed how many times the Grayson thing gets repeated until someone told me lol. =p

Holy Terror Batman! Got canceled tho, Miller said it didn't become Batman enough but that he would make his own serie of it withouth Batman tho.

Tho i really wish they will continue All Star Batman and Robin next year. They got few issues ready but Didio doesn't wanna sell them until they can put it back on monthly issues.

KillerCroc
17th Sep 2009, 19:49
Recommendations are nice but I rarely pick up suggestions. Once in a blue moon I will. I usually just wander into my comic shop, pick up a comic, skim it, and then buy it if it sounds interesting. I enjoy anything really after reading Judge Dredd: Judgement Day. You would think Judge Dredd and Johnny Alpha fighting zombies would be cool...

Old_BenKenobi
17th Sep 2009, 20:19
I guess the pacing is ridicilous yeah. I never actually noticed how many times the Grayson thing gets repeated until someone told me lol. =p

Holy Terror Batman! Got canceled tho, Miller said it didn't become Batman enough but that he would make his own serie of it withouth Batman tho.

Tho i really wish they will continue All Star Batman and Robin next year. They got few issues ready but Didio doesn't wanna sell them until they can put it back on monthly issues.

That disappoints me. I was looking forward to seeing the silly propaganda piece featuring sociopathic Batman beating the crap out of terrorists.

Oh well.

Solomon Grundy
17th Sep 2009, 22:05
No I haven't read Year One but I read Dark Knight Returns, Killing Joke, and Long Halloween

Old_BenKenobi
18th Sep 2009, 03:38
Well Year One is a Frank Miller story that's said to be one of the top Batman stories (and many times it's ranked #1)

It was written before Miller went crazy

Solomon Grundy
18th Sep 2009, 10:45
Ok I wanted to read it anyway.

Abeja
18th Sep 2009, 15:49
Yeah Year One is one of the best stories ever. Even his Daredevil with Mazzuchelli is amazing and considered the best.

GR1NG0_SU4V3
18th Sep 2009, 19:49
if you got the time and money,
No Man's Land is amazing.