PDA

View Full Version : New GTA4 expansion copies ideas from Just Cause?

CentroX
16th Sep 2009, 23:30
Within an hour of playing The Ballad of Gay Tony, we'd leapt from the window of a skyscraper and parachuted onto a moving truck below, shot military helicopters out of the sky with an explosive shotgun, shot missiles at a rich guy's yacht and stolen the front carriage of a moving subway train via helicopter. We didn't blink once.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=223508

That's too bad really, maybe now JC2 wont be as fresh when it releases :/

brauny
16th Sep 2009, 23:37
no dual hook? jc LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CentroX
16th Sep 2009, 23:39
no dual hook? jc LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah but devs must still find ways to be fresh :P

brauny
16th Sep 2009, 23:44
theres no desert or mountaions or snow and jc will have better vehicles o and lets not foget gta has 0 PLANES!

skater150
17th Sep 2009, 00:05
theres no desert or mountaions or snow and jc will have better vehicles o and lets not foget gta has 0 PLANES!

not to sound rude but the vehicles in gta were pretty great and close to reality handling wise, probably because of the games :rolleyes:physics, all im saying is dont put a bad label on gta especially since u havent played it or just cause 2 to see all the vehicles, it most likely wont be filled with all the best rides in the world but jc 2 is going to be by far wayyyyyyy better than gta 4 in the aspects of flight and total dual hook awesomness and everything else

brauny
17th Sep 2009, 00:24
not to sound rude but the vehicles in gta were pretty great and close to reality handling wise, probably because of the games :rolleyes:physics, all im saying is dont put a bad label on gta especially since u havent played it or just cause 2 to see all the vehicles, it most likely wont be filled with all the best rides in the world but jc 2 is going to be by far wayyyyyyy better than gta 4 in the aspects of flight and total dual hook awesomness and everything else

i have gta and thats all i rly play so try not to say things if u have no proof or reasoning behind it. gta does have realistic physics for cars its prolly one of the most realistic games thats free roam but given that rockstar still screwed up some things and didnt make the game as good as i expected. planes would prolly make gta one of the best games ever but unless the dlc coming up involves plane i'll never kno. jc2 on the other hand isnt looking out to be AMAZING. i kno there only showing us want they want us to see but still is looks good.

Mr Chainsaw
17th Sep 2009, 10:00
Dual hook FTW

polimerjones
17th Sep 2009, 10:11

i agree with brauny.. i also "Had" GTA4 and it was the biggest letdown i have ever seen. i cant believe they decided to score the game then play it. the game was totally a step backwards from san andreas. but there is a reason for that, the online play. i can guarantee that if gta4 had no multiplayer the game would have been much better. not because multiplayer isnt fun, cause we all love running with friends blowing things up, but for the reason JC2 will not be putting it in there game... it ruins single player by limiting time and new ideas that can be put in the game. instead of placing time on planes, new skydiving physics, more crazy vehicles ect. they decided to have muliplayer... it was like playing gta3

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
17th Sep 2009, 10:17
I liked GTA4, but still it was terribly butchered, San Andreas had many more things including parachutes, jetpack, planes... (I think they don't need to copy ideas) I liked San Andreas more than JC1, and JC1 more than GTA4. Don't you hate when games get butchered in new generation consoles probably to reserve features for sequels? I have enormous hopes put in JC2 because it has all I liked and much more.

KillSwitch1
17th Sep 2009, 10:24
i bloody loved gta iv still play it aswell...just wish dlc was comming for ps3 though:(

chickenchief
17th Sep 2009, 11:10
Meh, GTA was fun when you finally (after like a frikkin 2 hour long tutorial session) got into the missons. After that it just died out and i havent touched it in forever.

Mianeye
17th Sep 2009, 11:16
GTA was good looking and a little fun.But way of in form of playground.
But i was playing multi in the airport yesterday, and i was looking at a 747.
And it hit me.If the next GTA will let u fly, i will be able to fly THAT beast:cool:

deathlaroy
21st Sep 2009, 05:22
gta4 SEEMS like it would be a very good simulation game because it's so realistic and jc2 will be more of a non-Sim game but still fun.gta4=awesomeness and realistic[yes i own it and have play it for over 100 HOURS(yes i have a life) and im STILL playing it.] jc2=awesomeness and HUGE and medium realistic(4 what ive seen) both very good (for what Ive seen) but different genre.oh and sorry 4 repeting the same thing over and over again

PoorBison
21st Sep 2009, 05:41
I prefer Saints Row 2 to GTA IV. If they mixed Saints Row 2 with the physics and graphics of GTA IV then the result would amazing.

But then you have Just Cause 2, which will take gaming to an entirely new level altogether :D

Mr Chainsaw
21st Sep 2009, 06:47
I prefer Saints Row 2 to GTA IV. If they mixed Saints Row 2 with the physics and graphics of GTA IV then the result would amazing.

But then you have Just Cause 2, which will take gaming to an entirely new level altogether :D

I Know. Since JC2 has a map that is waaaaaaayyyy bigger than the ones in GTA IV and Saints row 2
And a Dual hook and a grappling hook and a reuseable parachute and a amazing stunt system

Peardan
23rd Sep 2009, 12:55
You can't compare an epic title such as Just Cause 2 to a game that has 'Gay' in it's name.

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
23rd Sep 2009, 20:36
Gay in it's name :lol:

PoorBison
24th Sep 2009, 05:39
You can't compare an epic title such as Just Cause 2 to a game that has 'Gay' in it's name.Didn't you tell me you were going to buy it anyway?

deathlaroy
1st Oct 2009, 03:37
i really want tbogt (the ballad of gay tony),I am a HUGE fan of gta4 :D i cant wait for a month. same with jc2. I've been fallowing tbogt for almost 4 months and jc2 for almost a year!!! cant wait

deathlaroy
1st Oct 2009, 03:42
way off topic but am i the only person that want the red flashy thing as an option? i still want it in the game, but as an option

polimerjones
1st Oct 2009, 10:20
gta4 SEEMS like it would be a very good simulation game because it's so realistic and jc2 will be more of a non-Sim game but still fun.gta4=awesomeness and realistic[yes i own it and have play it for over 100 HOURS(yes i have a life) and im STILL playing it.] jc2=awesomeness and HUGE and medium realistic(4 what ive seen) both very good (for what Ive seen) but different genre.oh and sorry 4 repeting the same thing over and over again

the key in all this is different genre. i have no clue why people sit and try to compare Jc to gta4, saintsrow, mercenaries(which is already coming out with a third), these games have almost nothing in common. back when san andreas was around you could say it was close to Jc but all the others arent even close. if you dont know how to place games in genres then just think about what you do in them. by the way gta4 sucked.

PoorBison
1st Oct 2009, 10:36
the key in all this is different genre. i have no clue why people sit and try to compare Jc to gta4, saintsrow, mercenaries(which is already coming out with a third), these games have almost nothing in common. back when san andreas was around you could say it was close to Jc but all the others arent even close. if you dont know how to place games in genres then just think about what you do in them. by the way gta4 sucked.Because they are all free-roaming games. Free roamers are always compared to one another, but given time that will slow.

Originally alot of FPS shooters were considered Doom clones, even though they tried to be different.

I understand what you are saying, and if I had to pick, I'd put Mercenaries 2 closest to Just Cause. But even that is pushing it, Just Cause really is a league of its own. But again, those games are all free roamers. Some free roamers handle some elements better than others: Mercenaries handles destruction, GTA handles big cities and Just Cause handles explorability and high-action. They each have their benefits, y'know what I mean?

GTA IV was a very well made game, sadly thats all I have to say about it. It had good physics and driving, a decent storyline and a good city. Unfortunately it forgot what it meant to be fun - subsequently forgetting the layout that previous GTA games had. Which was a shame. I don't think it sucked, but Rockstar really did seem to take it way too seriously. I'd have been satisfied by a bigger and better version of San Andreas, personally.

polimerjones
1st Oct 2009, 19:46
well said... especially "I don't think it sucked, but Rockstar really did seem to take it way too seriously" But for that reason they ruined gta for me...

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
1st Oct 2009, 20:17
I believe they cut many things only to reserve them for future sequels thinking that people would forgive the miss thanks to the generational jump and the graphics and story improvements. It worked that way flawlessly, the game was pretty good and got very good reviews, and I hate Rockstar for it.

polimerjones
1st Oct 2009, 20:25
the reviews came before any one had played the game. they were based on the graphics alone and when the game came out not every one but alot of people i know disagreed with the great ratings it got. i for one worked at gamestop at the time. in about a week after the game came out we had around fifty trade-ins. that doesnt happen for real 10 out of 10 rated games...

jhonny cage
29th Dec 2009, 09:04
I liked GTA4, but still it was terribly butchered, San Andreas had many more things including parachutes, jetpack, planes... (I think they don't need to copy ideas) I liked San Andreas more than JC1, and JC1 more than GTA4. Don't you hate when games get butchered in new generation consoles probably to reserve features for sequels? I have enormous hopes put in JC2 because it has all I liked and much more.

san andreas has operational ac-130 's

BuxGunny
29th Dec 2009, 12:01
I loved many GTA's :D
Ive played GTA VC, after ive completed that one ive gone modding :)
With GTA SA the same thing ;)
With GTA IV im modding to :D you can get so many great mods because the physics of the game or so good (Raggdoll mod, No Gravity Mod :nut: ) With the physics of GTA IV you never know whats gonna happend when you blow stuff up or fall from your bike and thats so nice :)

Generalkillgore
29th Dec 2009, 21:53
I think Avalanche Studios should copyright the Parachute and Duel-Hook combination so that no other games can copy it, well at least the Duel-Hook should be because you can already get parachutes in other games.

jhonny cage
29th Dec 2009, 22:51
I loved many GTA's :D
Ive played GTA VC, after ive completed that one ive gone modding :)
With GTA SA the same thing ;)
With GTA IV im modding to :D you can get so many great mods because the physics of the game or so good (Raggdoll mod, No Gravity Mod :nut: ) With the physics of GTA IV you never know whats gonna happend when you blow stuff up or fall from your bike and thats so nice :)

how can i modd gta 4 for the ps3

Rico-Rodriguez
29th Dec 2009, 23:11
Haven't noticed this thread before.

It is quite possible that Rockstar borrowed some ideas for their DLC. But I think they wanted to improve the game by adding things that already should have been in the actual GTA IV. TBoGT was short, but a million times better than the whole GTA IV itself, which, in my opinion, was an epic fail, especially compared to GTA SA.

Someone said GTA IV would be like GTA 3. I think it's more like GTA LCS. To make a long story short: Worse! Why? 'Cause GTA 3 was fun.
As for the PC version though, there's one reason why I play GTA IV: The awesome video editor!

Poor Bison, I agree. If there's one game that is a bit similar to Just Cause, then Mercenaries 2 due to it's crazyness and the fact by itself that there's a grappling hook.
Saints Row 2 has some similarities as well, for example the ability of surfing on vehicles.

Last but not least, my personal free roaming games hierarchy:
Just Cause 2 > GTA San Andreas > Just Cause 1 > Saints Row 2 > Far Cry 2 > Mercenaries 2 > GTA VC > GTA VCS > GTA TBoGT > GTA 3 > GTA LCS > GTA Lost And Damned > GTA IV

llx Todd xll
30th Dec 2009, 17:20
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=223508

That's too bad really, maybe now JC2 wont be as fresh when it releases :/

i think that is all scripted

JakeD.Parker
31st Dec 2009, 04:40
no no no, just cause 2 kicks that games ass, no doubts about it, sure you can parachute, but really? GTA doesnt have worlds this big, they dont have good weather systems, they do have dual hooks :) so its all good