PDA

View Full Version : Back from Panau...

mycoldman
16th Sep 2009, 21:10
Woah, it's late.

I just got back from demoing JC2 to the masses at a big gaming expo in sunny Birmingham over the past three days. I was updating as much as I could from behind the scenes via twitter (http://twitter.com/mycoldman). Sorry if you'd all thought I'd left you out to dry! I'll get back to answering all your questions shortly.

Still, back in the office tomorrow so we'll chat then. Specifically, I'm thinking about that pesky red flash...

Nite!

chip5541
16th Sep 2009, 21:12
Sleep... whats that? :nut:

Welcome back and be prepared to give us all the skinny on the game :flowers:

brauny
16th Sep 2009, 21:29
cant u jus tell us now and save us the wait?.......... Of course not b/c that would be too easy lol

HavokBR
16th Sep 2009, 22:45
Will the red flash thing be gone ? =D

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
16th Sep 2009, 22:53
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaah! (scream like a hysteric fan girl) Mr Sunshine is back and talking about red flashes! I wanna know something NOWWWW!
Oh, can you take a look at the new planes thread and ask my questions? Please please please? Thank you!

hotduk
16th Sep 2009, 23:00
WELCOME BACK MR. SUNSHINE!! I thought for sure you had left.

Now maybe we can get back on topic.

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
16th Sep 2009, 23:05
Mm, we better wait until sun rises again here, he must be sleeping already.
I'll quote myself tomorrow.

brauny
16th Sep 2009, 23:13
yea he lives in the uk so its around midnight there.

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
16th Sep 2009, 23:15
Exactly. Almost the same here. I'm sleepy. I'm leaving. Good night people!

CentroX
16th Sep 2009, 23:21
is the game as good as we all think?

brauny
16th Sep 2009, 23:23
have a good ******* sleep u **** ***** ***** lol

Beam_me_up_Scotty
17th Sep 2009, 02:55
Exactly. Almost the same here. I'm sleepy. I'm leaving. Good night people!

I'm trying to keep my hopes as low as possible so as not to be disapointed

the problem with that is that i'm failing miserably and am so stoked for march

dark_angel_7
17th Sep 2009, 07:58
Birmingham?!!!!

I go there everyday! Why oh why didn't someone tell me?! :o

The Doogle Boy
17th Sep 2009, 08:40
Please keep the red flash as an option. I like it and I think it would help me see what I'm shooting, but I seem to be alone here so there should be an option to disable it.

Mr Chainsaw
17th Sep 2009, 09:53
DEATH to the red flash

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
17th Sep 2009, 10:08
Please keep the red flash as an option. I like it and I think it would help me see what I'm shooting, but I seem to be alone here so there should be an option to disable it.

:eek:
Are you serious?

The Doogle Boy
17th Sep 2009, 12:44
Are you serious?

Super serious.

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
17th Sep 2009, 12:51
Super serious.

OMG! Well, it's your opinion and I respect it. Hell, I can't believe you like it.:confused:

Kitchenfork
17th Sep 2009, 12:54
I think keeping it as a option is the way to go, none of us have played the game (I assume) so we don't actually really know if it is the devil or not. Innocent until proven guilty I say......this means we need a demo now!

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
17th Sep 2009, 12:56
I only know I hate how it looks in the vids and would not like to see it while playing at all.

The Doogle Boy
17th Sep 2009, 14:00
I only know I hate how it looks in the vids and would not like to see it while playing at all.

An option to toggle it would satisfy everyone.

With Mikes opening post I think it is pretty obvious that if you don't like it you don't have to use it. :)

chip5541
17th Sep 2009, 14:47
Someone go wake Mycoldman up or better yet, if he is still asleep put his hand in a bucket of warm water :rasp:

hotduk
17th Sep 2009, 14:48
I'll get the bucket.

mycoldman
17th Sep 2009, 16:06
Woah, sorry guys... turns out I had way more to get on with and catch up on today than I thought... All good though, and I think when you get to see some of the stuff I'm working on today, you'll be very very happy.

Still... what I wanted to say was:

In the latest build of Just Cause 2, the red flash on enemies... IS GONE.

I'm not going to go into specifics just yet (as it looks like I've still a lot to read on here yet - on top of everything else) but let it be known that we are listening to your cries and the team at Avalanche have now removed the red flash.

Chalk one up for the community, eh? ;)

chickenchief
17th Sep 2009, 16:17
Awesome news Mycoldman ^^
This is one of the few instances where developers actually LISTEN to the advice the community gives.

hotduk
17th Sep 2009, 16:26
This is GREAT News!!! Thanks mycoldman. I am impressed with the developers and this gives hope to other changes that might be able to happen.

Keep up the great work!!

chickenchief
17th Sep 2009, 16:54
Now the only thing avalanche should think about is getting rid of the pop in issues, smooth out a bit of the framerate and we have GOTY 2010 in my book.

guzzti
17th Sep 2009, 17:42
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH!!!!!! WHOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

partyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!

the unrad red flash is dead!!!

CentroX
17th Sep 2009, 17:46
Now the only thing avalanche should think about is getting rid of the pop in issues, smooth out a bit of the framerate and we have GOTY 2010 in my book.

yeah also the pointy shadows

no pop up and higher res shadows would be nice now

brauny
17th Sep 2009, 19:38
Woah, sorry guys... turns out I had way more to get on with and catch up on today than I thought... All good though, and I think when you get to see some of the stuff I'm working on today, you'll be very very happy.

Still... what I wanted to say was:

In the latest build of Just Cause 2, the red flash on enemies... IS GONE.

I'm not going to go into specifics just yet (as it looks like I've still a lot to read on here yet - on top of everything else) but let it be known that we are listening to your cries and the team at Avalanche have now removed the red flash.

Chalk one up for the community, eh? ;)

YAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! i feel like im a part of something thats larger than me now. when i get this game i'll tell the tale of a evil flash that thru whining an complaining i helped get rid of. ur my hero right below will ferrell, sorry he's a comedic genius

hotduk
17th Sep 2009, 19:41
@brauny: Love your signature block!!

texkid4
17th Sep 2009, 19:42
sweet! the red flash is gone. one more thing checked off my list.

brauny
17th Sep 2009, 19:46
@brauny: Love your signature block!!

thank u. i jus cant believe that it actually happened. now i kno how neil armstrong felt when he landed on the moon lol. this is one small change for devs, one giant leap for players

hotduk
17th Sep 2009, 19:52
Well said.

brauny
17th Sep 2009, 19:57
thank u. someone should frame that on their wall lol

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
17th Sep 2009, 20:02
Thank you for the good news Mycoldman. (cries) I... I... can't find any words... to express my joy!

YEAAAAAAAAAAAH! The red flash has been defeated!

CentroX
17th Sep 2009, 20:12
so any new media?

brauny
17th Sep 2009, 20:16
no no new media. i rly dont care about anything like that right now cuz the one thing that we all wanted happened and i dont wanna get greedy. Mr sunshine can u confrirm or deny the conspiracy that the flash was nvr in the game and that it was edited in during videos jus to piss us off?

The Doogle Boy
17th Sep 2009, 23:29
Will it still be an option that can be enabled if we like it?

brauny
18th Sep 2009, 01:34
noone likes it so the option would jus be dumb. thats kinda like giving any minority the "option" to be a neo-nazi.

Kitchenfork
18th Sep 2009, 01:47
Ha ha, down with the red flash, I hope the devs put an Easter egg in the game somewhere about the whole red flash debacle, maybe a sign out in the middle of now where it continuously flashes red...... ok that is lame but I am sure they could think of something better then that, but you get the idea.

brauny
18th Sep 2009, 01:56
like an abondened town called redflash and everything is red and there are ppl on the outskirts of the town saying things like "im so glad redflash is gone it was a terrible town" and one guy will say "i kinda liked the town i wish they gave me an option to live there" then susan jumps out and mauls him to death

Mr Chainsaw
18th Sep 2009, 03:23
I'm gonna jump on the red flashes grave.... A Million times

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
18th Sep 2009, 11:41
I like the red flash ghost town.
Who the heck is susan? Is she who said it? (that's what she said)

The Doogle Boy
18th Sep 2009, 13:57
noone likes it so the option would jus be dumb. thats kinda like giving any minority the "option" to be a neo-nazi.

I liked it. Minorities shouldn't be excluded. The code is already written, so an option should be easy to implement.

chip5541
18th Sep 2009, 14:23
What? minorities and neo-nazi's? You guys lost me on that one.

chickenchief
18th Sep 2009, 19:14
So mycoldman. I don't assume you have any footage of the game from the Birmingham convention? *winkwinkcoughcough*

guzzti
18th Sep 2009, 19:31
eeh, btw mycoldman, it seems to me that you said ''the red flash on enemies is gone'' werent they also on the fences?

omgomgomg

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
18th Sep 2009, 19:35
eeh, btw mycoldman, it seems to me that you said ''the red flash on enemies is gone'' werent they also on the fences?

omgomgomg

Damn! You're right! I hope he referes to the whole red flash, not only on enemies! It's much worse on objects than enemies! Omgomgomg!

guzzti
18th Sep 2009, 19:36
this is really friggin scary!!!

brauny
18th Sep 2009, 19:44
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Damn them they pulled the old bait and switch

brauny
18th Sep 2009, 19:53
I like the red flash ghost town.
Who the heck is susan? Is she who said it? (that's what she said)

Susan is the wild panther that i recommend to put in the forest lol

I liked it. Minorities shouldn't be excluded. The code is already written, so an option should be easy to implement.
neo-nazis dont let minorities join the whole premise is basically hating minoritites so thats jus a stupid comment even if its a joke its stupid

What? minorities and neo-nazi's? You guys lost me on that one.

no minority wants to be a neo-nazi jus like noone wants the red flash so giving the option in both cases is dumb. u didnt get that similie there did u?

guzzti
18th Sep 2009, 19:59
brauny, i think, in deep sorrow, that you have to edit in ''the red flash on enemies'' instead of ''the red flash''
:'(

brauny
18th Sep 2009, 20:05
no i still believe that its the entire red flash and until proven otherwise i will still believe

guzzti
18th Sep 2009, 20:08
it's okay to believe brauny... but, oh what the heck... I WET MY PANTS AND I BELIEVE IN SANTA!!!

no actually... serious... eeh, this didn't end like i thought it would do.... :(

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
18th Sep 2009, 20:10
We gotta believe until we have news from Mr Sunshine

guzzti
18th Sep 2009, 20:16
You don't know the power of the red flash!!

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
18th Sep 2009, 20:19
You don't know the power of an angry forum mob with dual hooks

brauny
18th Sep 2009, 20:26
yea x2 and u dont kno the poewr of the ADHD, jus gotta promote that lol

mycoldman
18th Sep 2009, 22:26
The red-flash currently still exists on buildings and objects. Though we're still looking into all of this. It's all about gameplay at the end of the day, and the idea of toggling it on or off is occasionally batted around.

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
18th Sep 2009, 22:30
Urgh! Damn. My joy... at the bottom of a well... They have to reconsider it:(:(:(:(:(

mycoldman
18th Sep 2009, 22:36
Like I say... we're looking into all options. Try not to judge until you've seen it. Which, I might add... may be very soon.

Trust us guys!

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
18th Sep 2009, 22:42
:o Well. I'll have faith. For the best future!
http://shellgames.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/mel-gibson-braveheart-photograph-c101019223.jpg

QCypher
18th Sep 2009, 22:44
Like I say... we're looking into all options. Try not to judge until you've seen it. Which, I might add... may be very soon.

Trust us guys!

Soon?! Soon did you say?!? Does that mean a demo? Or the game released early?!

EH?!?!!!

brauny
18th Sep 2009, 22:47
i think it means a new graphic with it or something like that

mycoldman
18th Sep 2009, 22:50
I definitely said 'see' not 'play' just yet. Hold your horses.

Wafflez
18th Sep 2009, 22:52
I definitely said 'see' not 'play' just yet. Hold your horses. dont have any horses:lol:

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
18th Sep 2009, 22:53
Our horses are crazy. Can you tell us your impressions of what you saw? What you liked the most? Did you see something new?

brauny
18th Sep 2009, 22:55
:o Well. I'll have faith. For the best future!
http://shellgames.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/mel-gibson-braveheart-photograph-c101019223.jpg

look jus like me when i found out the flash isnt gone.

PoorBison
18th Sep 2009, 22:57
I don't think it'll be an issue unless you spend every minute of gameplay intentionally shooting at objects and buildings.

QCypher
18th Sep 2009, 22:59
I definitely said 'see' not 'play' just yet. Hold your horses.

O...ok. Never mind then. Just got over excited. lol

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
18th Sep 2009, 23:00
I don't think it'll be an issue unless you spend every minute of gameplay intentionally shooting at objects and buildings.

Isn't it all about shooting at them? Plus shooting at people? :mad: I guess the chaos system is mainly based on it!

mycoldman
18th Sep 2009, 23:01
Our horses are crazy. Can you tell us your impressions of what you saw? What you liked the most? Did you see something new?

What I saw? I've got the game right here on my desk! I just mean, we'll be showing you some more new stuff soon. I might even show you a little of how the game has changed since E3.

brauny
18th Sep 2009, 23:02

really lets say we have a sky scraper and a hand grenade lands there in a battle. the grenade goes off and causes a huge red flash all the way to the skyline. sounds fun to me........................... sarcasm

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
18th Sep 2009, 23:04
What I saw? I've got the game right here on my desk! I just mean, we'll be showing you some more new stuff soon. I might even show you a little of how the game has changed since E3.

AAAAWWWWWWW! Telling me you have the game was a hard hit in the ****! :mad:
Give it to me!

mycoldman
18th Sep 2009, 23:06
You're better off waiting for a finished copy, that you can... you know... play.

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
18th Sep 2009, 23:13
You're better off waiting for a finished copy, that you can... you know... play.

But I don't want to waiiiiiiit!!! C'mon! I'll give you cookies!

PoorBison
18th Sep 2009, 23:17
Something tells me that if mycoldman were to give you his copy, it wouldn't work on your console anyway. He's probably got a developer-class console, which is capable of running unsigned code.

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
18th Sep 2009, 23:19
Something tells me that if mycoldman were to give you his copy, it wouldn't work on your console anyway. He's probably got a developer-class console, which is capable of running unsigned code.

And? Then he only has to gimme the console too!

brauny
18th Sep 2009, 23:20
then we could sell it on ebay for millions and say its an ultra rare version of an unreleasd game only one copy even made. and buy a dev console and have a special copy we made ourself under our pillow and we can play all we want

CentroX
19th Sep 2009, 00:42

PC version will work anyway. Remember Half-life 2 leak or doom3 leak?

The Doogle Boy
19th Sep 2009, 05:04
neo-nazis dont let minorities join the whole premise is basically hating minoritites so thats jus a stupid comment even if its a joke its stupid

Come on man, don't be ignorant. Not everyone has the same opinion.

PoorBison
19th Sep 2009, 05:08
PC version will work anyway. Remember Half-life 2 leak or doom3 leak?Haha, yeah true. I'm a console gamer by nature, so I totally forgot he probably has a PC version.

Dedimes
19th Sep 2009, 06:18
Me and my friend just spent an hour playing the just cause demo-and saw some flaws-
1. Hheir were subtitles, but no words-
2. Their was a time limit (i think :0)
3. No jets :0

PoorBison
19th Sep 2009, 08:24
You mean the Just Cause 1 demo, right? :)

Either way, if you are worrying about the quality of the Just Cause 2 demo, I wouldn't be. It'll be great, Avalanche really do seem to have a much greater grasp of developing games now. The first Just Cause had to be balanced for the PC, Xbox, Xbox 360 and PS2, so the quality did suffer a bit. Just Cause 2 is being developed on a pretty level ground, with similar quality for each platform. I wouldn't be worried about the demo :)

guzzti
20th Sep 2009, 08:18

then why the heck do u sit here and write on a forum?!

guzzti
20th Sep 2009, 08:19
and btw: please launch a demo on the ps3 store :) thankyou

PoorBison
20th Sep 2009, 08:36
He likely has the capability to do both, side by side. Maybe he's got it on pause as we speak.

I think I prefer it this way - if he didn't post here and spent all his time playing it, we wouldn't have a community manager, would we?

Mr Chainsaw
21st Sep 2009, 07:25
and btw: please launch a demo on the ps3 store :) thankyou

And Xbox live

PoorBison
21st Sep 2009, 07:35
All platforms will probably get a demo, I'm interested to see how well the PC version will run on my laptop and the demo will be a good indication of that.

Jerion
21st Sep 2009, 08:32
I think I prefer it this way - if he didn't post here and spent all his time playing it, we wouldn't have a community manager, would we?

Hehe, well said. :)

Apocalyptic Fish
21st Oct 2009, 21:10
Thanks mycoldman