PDA

View Full Version : Can't destroy pillars anymore?

Shinuz
16th Sep 2009, 15:05
I remember in the first room of the demo you could destroy the pillars but now in the full game you can't anymore? whats up with that?
I got the 1.1 patch and PhysX are set to high.. the papers are there everywhere, theres the smoke.. but can't break the pillars.. is this a bug?

jaywalker2309
16th Sep 2009, 15:08
What graphics card you got powering the physx?

Shinuz
16th Sep 2009, 15:21
I got 2 GTX 260 core 216 55nm Superclocked and one of them is dedicated to PhysX (faster that way then with Sli enabled)

tenth8sphere
16th Sep 2009, 15:36
Why would his graphics card have anything to do with it anyways? It's the settings that are the issue and he put them on high. Graphics card may result in slowdown or crash. But it won't change the interaction with the physX environment.

ballsguy
16th Sep 2009, 15:43
This is a bloody mess, I don't know how you even got the game running wth Physx (refer to Game Crashes thread here).

And now the Physx features have been cut?

jaywalker2309
16th Sep 2009, 15:48
Features arent cut, i believe the physx engine has a fallback IF it feels its not processing things fast enough to disable on the fly some parts.. Like the hanging cloths will stop animating, am checking on this for you

i was asking bout what hardware you running to ascertain if you borderline, but if got a dedicated then shouldnt be an issue.. If you run the benchmark do the cloths animate for you?

Shinuz
16th Sep 2009, 15:57
Yes on the benchmark everything runs fine.
I got the game from steam if it means anything.
using the 190.62 drivers.

jaywalker2309
16th Sep 2009, 16:05
I just checked with the dev team and the room data is the same from the demo to the full game for that room..
Do you know which version of physx software you have installed.. if you go to programs under control panel it will be listed in there under `nvidia physx` scroll to right and look at version number

tenth8sphere
16th Sep 2009, 16:18
I just like to say I'm thrilled to see the company posting today and helping work out problems. Seemed completely silent yesterday. I never mind problems as long as someone is trying to fix them.

SteMot
16th Sep 2009, 16:19
You can't punch them to break them anymore, you have to use your Batarang. So they must have changed something.

jaywalker2309
16th Sep 2009, 16:28
You can't punch them to break them anymore, you have to use your Batarang. So they must have changed something.

Am loading up my copy now :)

Shinuz
16th Sep 2009, 16:33
I just checked with the dev team and the room data is the same from the demo to the full game for that room..
Do you know which version of physx software you have installed.. if you go to programs under control panel it will be listed in there under `nvidia physx` scroll to right and look at version number
it says i got version 9.09.0814

is it true you can't punch them anymore like you could in the demo?
ill go and try with the batarang and see.

Ok its true.. you can no longer break them with your fist like in the demo.. only with your batarang.. why did they change this?

=ColdFire=
16th Sep 2009, 16:38
Am loading up my copy now :)

WOW, that is community service! This is dangourously close to upsetting my current belief that Stardock is the best devs for community interaction.

tenth8sphere
16th Sep 2009, 16:45
I'm hoping there's a way to change it back. Batman breaking concrete is the best thing in the demo.

jaywalker2309
16th Sep 2009, 16:46
Yeh how weird i am chasing up as yeh i remember smashing walls fine but now only the batarang does stuff :(

Shinuz
16th Sep 2009, 17:19
Yeh how weird i am chasing up as yeh i remember smashing walls fine but now only the batarang does stuff :(
It was so cool in the demo, i hope they can put it back through a patch...

SteMot
16th Sep 2009, 17:24
TBH it kind of makes more sense that he couldn't punch out lumps of concrete.

tenth8sphere
16th Sep 2009, 17:47
TBH it kind of makes more sense that he couldn't punch out lumps of concrete.

Batman's broken worse with his fists. Regardless, it was shown in trailers and in the demo. Kind of scuzzy to just remove it without a comment. How often are we going to be hitting things with batarangs anyways?

LAME. Hope it's a quick fix to get it back to demo status.

deders
16th Sep 2009, 20:33
which pillars? I've never noticed that before, just ran through the demo now and i still can't find anything like that, I can't even crack tiles with the batarang. Am using 2 9800GTX+'s, one to render, one for physx.

=ColdFire=
16th Sep 2009, 20:38
Fair point, which pillars in the demo?

Shinuz
16th Sep 2009, 20:54
Fair point, which pillars in the demo?
In the room which you start in, to your left.
In the demo you could punch them and big chunks would brake and fall off, now you can only shoot them with the batarang and only small parts fall off.

tenth8sphere
16th Sep 2009, 20:59
Nothing beat just tossing an enemy into them, though. Freaking awesome when batman would knock an enemy into a pillar and crack it into a bunch of pieces. Or when you swing at one and miss, punching out a chunk on the floor. WHY would they take that out?!?!!?

jaywalker2309
17th Sep 2009, 13:54
Okay i've had an update from the dev team about the pillars..

The pillars in that first room were the ONLY thing you could punch and see it break. But throughout the game, everywhere with destruction we had to raycast against destructibles whenever Batman or a thug punched. Removing the ability to punch out the pillars in that one room gave a nice performance improvement throughout the game.

Knocking a thug (ragdoll) into a pillar hard enough still breaks it, just as in the demo.

So it works as intended, and if someone could argue that punching out concrete with Batman’s fists was a little over the top anyway.

Hehe so there you go.. from horses mouth :) Oh and you can still hit with a batarang