PDA

View Full Version : Cant log into live due to authentication key

carrionghoul
16th Sep 2009, 11:45
When I installed Batman on my pc, the game never asked me for an authentication key. Now it is saying I cannot log into Games for Windows - Live because i have the incorrect authentication key. I have searched for a place to enter my key both in the game and in windows live, but have not found any place to enter my key. Any advice or tips before I uninstall and attempt to reinstall in the hopes to get a choice to enter my key?

Oh, and since people always invariably ask about comp specs, I'm running an Intel core 2 quad 2.83ghz processor with 8gigs of ram, 64 bit vista, and an ATI Radeon HD 4800 series video card.

The game runs beautifully, I just cant log into live when I play it. This is probably due to me being a moron and overlooking something simple.

Thanks for any help you can give.

carrionghoul
16th Sep 2009, 11:58
Ok read a post a little down the forums that stated a similar problem. Uninstall reinstall looks to be the solution (great job on that Eidos :mad2: ). Ah well, least they give us the option to keep our saved games :rasp:

jaywalker2309
16th Sep 2009, 12:00
Its possible you skipped the Live installation bit, if u werent asked for a key then live wasnt running. You will just need to type the cdkey in the manual into the key bit when it asks u to change the key..

carrionghoul
16th Sep 2009, 12:09
Its possible you skipped the Live installation bit, if u werent asked for a key then live wasnt running. You will just need to type the cdkey in the manual into the key bit when it asks u to change the key..

I wasn't logged into live when I was initially installing the game. I only started using live so that I could use the downloadable content for Fallout 3. I am reinstalling now and have logged into GFWL. At the same time, it just never gave me an option for entering the code. I am hoping this reinstall will give me that option.

Thanks for the help :)

And this is why I hate windows live. Instead of GFWL being smart enough to go "Hey, you've never played this game before, here enter the key for us" it instead goes "You do not have the proper key and cannot connect" and you then have to click another few buttons to move on to actually enter the key. As stated earlier I only bothered with GFWL because you need to in order to access Fallout 3 DLC. Sigh. Sorry, I'll stop the rant before it gets a full head of steam. Ok, back to Batman. Thnx info.