PDA

View Full Version : pc controller?

wendigo
16th Sep 2009, 10:36
Hello everyone.

Anybody knows which kind of controllers this game will support?

I got this controller here http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/gaming/pc_gaming/gamepads/devices/264&cl=US,EN

But I don't know if it's gonna work with this game here. Anybody knows?
Unfortunately my gaming pc have a malfunction graphic card, so I just can't download the demo and try it out that way.

Cruis.In
16th Sep 2009, 10:41
it works but th ebuttons are inverted and nothing you do from the game can fix it....

another user posted a work around tho if you know how to edit ini files properly.

Marcus
16th Sep 2009, 10:43
As of the full game, you can use the Launcher to invert the left stick, making the Logitech controllers fully compatible.

Undead
16th Sep 2009, 10:44
You can also try using a Xbox 360 pad emulator :
http://rumblepad2.blogspot.com/2009/09/batman-arkham-asylum.html

It works with most pc pads, and it definitely works with this game (at least the demo)

wendigo
17th Sep 2009, 10:03
Cruis.In: I don't know how to edit ini files, so thats out of the question :)

Marcus: Can you explain in more details how thats done?

Everyone, what do you think is the easiest way to play this game with? the keyboard+mouse combo or with an controller?

Marcus
17th Sep 2009, 10:30
Run the "Launcher", via either the start menu (XP) or the right clicking the game icon in the Games menu (Vista). For Steam the Launcher appears automatically every time you run the game, and I believe the D2D version brings up a menu where you can select the Game Settings.

If you have PhysX options in the menu, there should also be an option to invert the left stick. If you haven't installed the 1.1 patch, I don't think the option is there.

[edited to incorporate jaycw's correction]

jaywalker2309
17th Sep 2009, 10:32
Steam always brings up the launcher as the default app so will always be available as an option

GhostMatter
18th Sep 2009, 02:12
The option didn't work for me at all...

Marcus
18th Sep 2009, 09:56
The option didn't work for me at all...

Did you use the option in the Launcher config? The one in the game itself is for inverting the right stick, not the left.

Rockatansky
18th Sep 2009, 10:13
I have the Steam version and I've been able to verify that the Invert option in Settings within the Launcher does work.

Deva
18th Sep 2009, 10:46
Here you go paste this in your

C:\Program Files\Eidos\Batman Arkham Asylum\Binaries

and run the game its configured properly its the one i use and works with all the games that require an Xbox gamepad or are not recognizing your gamepad

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3317R6EZ

Niku
22nd Sep 2009, 03:13
When i use these files in my binaries folder, the game menu's are fixed, but the game its self still has inverted up/down movement controls.

Deva
22nd Sep 2009, 08:39
When i use these files in my binaries folder, the game menu's are fixed, but the game its self still has inverted up/down movement controls.

Then try The inverted option Ingame or change the Axis settings. it works flawlessly for me

carrionghoul
22nd Sep 2009, 12:23
You can also try using a Xbox 360 pad emulator :
http://rumblepad2.blogspot.com/2009/09/batman-arkham-asylum.html

It works with most pc pads, and it definitely works with this game (at least the demo)

Is there a 64 bit version of this emulator out there? Sadly, that is a 32 bit version and doesnt work on 64 bit vista :(

deders
22nd Sep 2009, 12:58
Is there a 64 bit version of this emulator out there? Sadly, that is a 32 bit version and doesnt work on 64 bit vista :(

Deva helped me find one that works on my 64bit system on this thread. he's provided a rapidshare link to it, the extra rar file within the rar is a custop .ini file for PS2 controllers.

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?p=1186325#post1186325

sgtjeep
22nd Sep 2009, 18:35
I use the Nostromo N52 by Belkin..it sits on a tray beneath my keyboard..along with a MX518 mouse. N52 in my left hand..the mouse in my right. The N52 position took the strain off of my wrist and gaming is much more enjoyable now. I like the combo so much that I have a spare of each on hand..hey..if it works for you..then go for it. There is a slight learning curve in getting away from the K/B, but once you get the N52 programed to your liking, you can use the same setup for most of your games. Again..be advised, any change in a persons gameing controller setup, will incur a learning curve..be persistent and gain independence from the K/B while you game.

Belkin has a newer model of the N52 out, I can't speak for it because I don't own one. I've been useing this setup for 3 or 4 years now..time has a way of movin on..heh. I use XP and Win 7 without a hitch, useing my controller setup on all the latest games that I chose to buy.

Playing games should be fun..a functional, comfortable controller setup is essential to make this happen.

deders
22nd Sep 2009, 18:42
@sgtjeep

Looks very nice, although for this game you will probably need a gamepad with a full 360 analogue stick to be fully effective in combat.

sgtjeep
23rd Sep 2009, 20:34
I don't use an analog stick so I can't really do a comparison..but by utilizing the Programmable, 8-way directional pad for diagonal action with my left thumb..and in combination with the mouse in my right hand..my character is in my full control..if it wasn't..I would have dumped this setup a long time ago. Gameing is one of my passions, I need all the help I can get when I go multiplayer against the younger guys..[ 72 ] here, I usually end up in the middle of the pack..that's good enough for me as long as I can still get in there and wax a few guys..oh what fun.

By the way..I initially went with this setup because the K/B was causeing my left hand and forearm to cramp up big time..that's why I installed a roll out tray beneath my desk top..at the correct height to hold my mouse and N52, so my left forearm is resting on the chair arm and left hand onto the N52s removable left-hand rest. That did the deed.

stormlifter
23rd Sep 2009, 20:42
Just use an XBox 360 wired controller windows Vista/7 recognize them right off the bat without anything. It's all good.

deders
23rd Sep 2009, 20:48
I don't use an analog stick so I can't really do a comparison..but by utilizing the Programmable, 8-way directional pad for diagonal action with my left thumb..and in combination with the mouse in my right hand..my character is in my full control..if it wasn't..I would have dumped this setup a long time ago.

It does look like a great setup for most PC games, would be interested to know if the 8-way dpad is enough to be able to block 99% of the time in Arkham Asylum.