PDA

View Full Version : Cannot install the game - downloaded from D2D today, legit copy

MforMoniker
16th Sep 2009, 04:39
I purchased the D2D game. I entered my registration code, received the unlock code and put it thru. Ihave also updated my drivers for both PhysX and my graphic card (260 GTX). I ran the demo version fine; using Windows Vista. Plenty of ram, card is fine for all other games and otherwise, it runs good with everything else but this game.

1) Whenever I click on autorun, I click OK, then select English and it takes me to the splash screen. I cannot click Install Game; it's greyed out. Play Game is not, and whenever I click on it Play Game, it says Specified File Not Found.

2) If I click BMLauncher, it says Failed to Load File .../BmGame/Config/Launcher.ini

3) If I click BmStartApp, I get a Windows error indicating BmGame has stopped working.

4) If I click ShippingPC-BmGame, I get an "Unable to Locate Component" - this application has failed to start because wxmsw28u_core_vc_custom.dll was not found". I disabled PhysX and tried to run again with no luck.

Developers, please help!

Cheers,
Daniel

MforMoniker
16th Sep 2009, 05:00
I also tried this - http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpost.php?p=1176976&postcount=2

Nothing showed in regedit, or in windows installer clean-up. Arrg, not sure what to do.

Buck7
16th Sep 2009, 05:04
have you uninstalled demo ? have you tried redownloading the game from d2d , maybe some things got corrupted during the download process

MforMoniker
16th Sep 2009, 05:07
have you uninstalled demo ? have you tried redownloading the game from d2d , maybe some things got corrupted during the download process

I uninstalled the demo and deleted the registry keys. I have also downloaded another version of the game with no luck.

jaywalker2309
16th Sep 2009, 07:34
If you've not managed to get the game to run then you wouldnt have physx as an option yet, this is enabled via the update you receive when first log into the system.

Sounds like your demo installation has not gone cleanly.

Make sure you have no batman folders anywhere in the program files\eidos folder and that you have no batman folders in the my documents\eidos folder..

When sure have no files left. and you are sure theres nothing `installed` run this
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301 <- install clean utility from MS
then try again

MforMoniker
16th Sep 2009, 18:21
Jay,

I tried what you stated; I ran the windows installer clean-up, and found no other instances of Batman on the system (unless for some odd reason it would be named something else). I went through and deleted all registration keys manually as a precaution.

The install option is still not highlighting. I will try your recommendation to Clarke tonight - http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=95840

Thanks!

Daniel

MforMoniker
17th Sep 2009, 00:50
Jay,

I tried looking for the Eidos folder in My Documents, but no luck. I also followed the instructions you gave to Clarke on this thread http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=95840; I do not have these registry keys whatsoever in my game.

I did try running setup.exe from the INT folder, and it prompts me to Uninstall. If I hit Yes, it then pops up this Windows error: Error Number 0x80040702 - Description: Failed to load DLL: FirewalIInstallHelper

Setup will now terminate.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Daniel

MforMoniker
17th Sep 2009, 01:36
I got it to work!

I did the following: Look for the following files from Batman Arkham Asylum and and copy them to \Windows\system32\

FirewallInstallHelper.dll
GameuxInstallHelper.dll
EULA.dll

Then, Go to: \Program Files (x86)\InstallShield Installation Information\ and delete everything in it.

Game is now installling perfectly!

jaywalker2309
17th Sep 2009, 11:04
Ahh good to hear. The reason you got the error message is because you are running the setup in the subfolder manually the system doesnt know where to look for those files.

Copying them to your system32 folder ensures they are found.

However easier way to do would be to copy the files from the INT folder into the root folder (up one folder from the INT folder) and run the setup then. I know you've got it to work so this is for anyone else reading this.

Youtube 0093Suhrab
21st Jul 2011, 18:23
I got it to work!

I did the following: Look for the following files from Batman Arkham Asylum and and copy them to \Windows\system32\

FirewallInstallHelper.dll
GameuxInstallHelper.dll
EULA.dll

Then, Go to: \Program Files (x86)\InstallShield Installation Information\ and delete everything in it.

Game is now installling perfectly!

Hello

I have the same promblem, I don't know what to do.
I havn't download it agian, but I did it yesterday, when I delet again!
Should I download it agian and put it in Window/system32 or what, or is it the FirewallInstallHelper.dll
GameuxInstallHelper.dll
EULA.dll
I should put in please help me?

0093Suhrab!

tsatsiki
22nd Jul 2011, 15:06
Hey i have the same problem. I earlier downloaded the torrent, it didn't work so i deleted everything i found relating to the torrent files i downloaded. Then i bought the game and the same problem what clark had happened to me to. What do i do? Help me please.

r4z3r_z0n3
16th Aug 2012, 02:31
i was at same same situation..

i tried MforMoniker's solution..
but EULA.dll file was missing in game setup files and still same..

i tried jaycw2309's solution also..
installed successfully with few errors like "missing Launcher.ini" at start of setup and at end can't find PhysX.. vcredist.. gfwlive.. directx.. which are already been in game directory..
after completing anyhow, game wont start.. says "failed to start application 0x00000002"..

i tried many other ways..

i tried jaycw2309's solution with just a little twist..
instead of copying files from INT folder to root game folder, i execute the setup.exe file directly from the INT folder..

and Boo!!
everything gone file while installing.. no errors!
worked like charm..
might this can help anyone else..

--ThanX