PDA

View Full Version : Runtime error

GuidoAnchovy
16th Sep 2009, 03:38
Well, I made it as far as the medical facility before I started getting random Runtime Errors. Now I can't continue my game. :( The game was running great until that area!

Picture of the error message (http://home.comcast.net/~guidoanchovy/gameoftheyear.jpg)

Specs:

Game - Steam Retail Version
OS - Windows 7 x64 Build 7100
CPU - AMD Phenom II X3
RAM - 6 GB DDR2
GPU - nvidia GTX 725
Sound Card - HTO Striker 7.1

Has anyone else run into this problem yet? I know I'm not that far in, but I don't want to start over. :(

edit: Oh, I've tried enabling and disabling PhysX to no avail.

GuidoAnchovy
17th Sep 2009, 00:04
Update: Still crashing after creating a new save file and playing the game all the way up to the Medical Facility yet again. This time the runtime error occurs at the very end of the first "armed bad guy" fight in the Medical Facility.

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling PhysX and reinstalling the VC++ 2005 stuff. :(

GuidoAnchovy
17th Sep 2009, 01:44
Second update: If I run in windowed mode, the game still runs after the error message pops up, however I can't seem to get any keys to work. Only the mouse camera works.

pseudo21
17th Sep 2009, 04:52
I also get this error, it happens when transitioning between the different major areas of the island. After changing settings several times I eventually was able to get into the medical facility, but the next new area after that the same error happened when trying to move to the next area of the island.

It worked last when I turned my settings way down. PC seems to run it fine at max settings, the benchmark gave 51 fps average.

* Game - Steam Retail Version
* OS - Windows Vista Home Premium 6.0.6002 SP2 Build 6002
* CPU - Intel Dual Core 6700
* RAM - 4 GB DDR2
* GPU - NVidia GEForce 9800 GT
* Sound Card - Sigmatel High Definition Audio CODEC

pseudo21
18th Sep 2009, 14:43
Update -

I re-installed the game, and thankfully Steam kept my save files so I was able to pick up my game progress. Played several hours in multiple sessions after re-install without a hitch running at very high settings.

The game still lags almost imperceptibly when approaching and moving through the island sections - like it *wants* to crash again, but so far nothing.

Hope re-installing works for others experiencing this problem, I'll post again if anything changes.

Rockatansky
18th Sep 2009, 14:48
What you might find is that some of the files have changed on the Steam installation since you first installed several days ago.
I downloaded from Steam this morning and had V1.1 straight away.

Muggins
18th Sep 2009, 14:50
Pure speculation, but it kind of sounds like in might be a streaming problem from the HDD. Perhaps try defragging your hard discs on the next occasion you get the chance.

apocreg11
19th Sep 2009, 01:46
i just got a rntime error, first after several hours of play (maxed out with high physx)

Im calling it a night now but i'll let you know if i get more when i boot up tomorrow

Aphex
19th Sep 2009, 02:35
I am also suffering the Runtime error. I get mine not long after hearing from the Riddler. It happens as I open a vent. The error message suggests that it has a problem with the ShippingPC-BMgame exe in the binaries folder. Tried for hours to bypass this. No joy. The only game I remember having this error on was Gears of War, also a Unreal powered GFWL game. I never solved it. Had to use a cheat.